It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

No, I will not give you future lottery numbers.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

I would be careful about giving any of the auditory or visual hallucinations any credit. That's the first step in establishing reality in your mind. You don't want to establish the unreal as real. That may end up being more of a bad thing than a good one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I do think it's possible to know you're around another schizophrenic. We're easy to spot, you just have to know how to look. =P

I've had one mental health professional tell me HOW to live my life, in which case I reminded him that I had hired him for advice, not orders.

That is when I began dealing directly with the family psychiatrist. He's great!

I believe if I submitted to my thoughts, my physical body would be without a conscious, therefore I am unsure what it would do. I would possibly be motionless until I returned, neither talking nor moving, or perhaps that is when some schizophrenics lose it and start shooting.

I'd rather not find out right now. There's still too much I don't know about my condition.

As I've settled myself on the edge of the two worlds, I'd say I'm a 5; not drastically different, but drastically not the same. Haha. Hope that's clear enough.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by AlBeMet

No, I will not give you future lottery numbers.

Thank you for your post.

Well so much for "Ask A Schizophrenic Anything"

You should change the title of the thread.

-Al

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

This isn't a thread for advice; it's to educate people on how people with my condition view the world.

I've already stated that I do not claim anything I say to be true OR false. It is what you want it to be.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Definately do not do any drugs as you will get funked and definately end up in hospital......... cannabis can make it worse and so can other mind bending drugs!!! Stay clear of it.........

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I can certainly feel the energies of other people around me, as I can any apparition as well, but I cannot hear their thoughts.

I don't believe I'm telepathic; I'm just a little off. =P

Sometimes, I'll find myself trying to project my thoughts on another person, seeing if they'll look at me, or possible even reply, but to no avail. I don't do it much, haha.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ingram1990

Do not worry about whether or not it's the start of any condition. If you remember it clearly as a dream, then it was a dream.

As people have stated before, and as I will state now, you know yourself better than anyone else, even if you barely know yourself at all.

I'm sure you're just fine.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
do u use mac or windows and why?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Most of the time, I find myself paranoid, but other times disorganized.

I'm unsure as to my exact diagnosis, as I refuse physical tests and medical treatment.

Don't worry about me, my psychiatrist keeps a close watch on me, and I've already given him consent to admit me if he deems it necessary.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by winotka

Haha, very true. There IS no such thing as normal.

Can you draw some pictures of the dream realm/ astral plane?

can you read words in your sleep, or is everything written with funky non nonsensical letters?

you sound like one of the most mature 20 year olds ive ever had the pleasure of conversing with, cheers!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story. I commend your healthy approach.

Could you share a story or experience in detail. Just take one of your dreams/experiences and tell us in detail what it was like.

For instance, many times you mention "them" or "entities". Are they like ghostly images or just like a real live person, or a monster, or what. Can you smell or feel them.

Also if you could expand on the story about being your cousin's guardian angel. More detail, what made you think that? What were the voices telling you?

These are just curiosity questions. I'd love to hear you take one experience and share the detail so we can better understand what you are feeling.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Refusing medical help is dangerous and ill advised, friend. My ex-wife and my 15 year old son are both diagnosed schizophrenic, both paranoid and undifferentiated, and I have a lifetimes experience dealing with this disease in others.

My kids suffer all the time from their mothers illness. She too resists meds that take the voices away, even thogh they drive her to depression and lethargy often.

She also self medicates, with speed ( Adderall) gotten from a quack doc, and she rarely takes her Abilify. So, when she is on the meds, she is zombie like and spaced out. When she is not on her meds she is either actively irrational and mean or just paranoid.

This disease runs in the gene pool, I pray you never have kids and inflict this torture on them; had I known that my wife was in fact a schizophrenic I never would have married her and had kids...which is of course why she and her family never told me, until too late. Thank god two of my kids are ' normal' within some limitations, but my 15 year old son is now in an institution, where he has been for most of 2 years.

It is POSSIBLE, not totally, but likley, that as you age with this condition you will get worse, and if you continue to refuse meds, you might present a threat to yourself and society, whether or not you think you are " OK" right now. It can snap.

I am not asking questions because I know this illness better than most, having seen all the symptoms and suffered all the effects from those who will not manage their illness. You owe it to yourself and society to get with a good doctor and get meds and take them. you might not feel as ' special' but you will be able to interact with others much better.

Your illness isn a life wrecking, home wrecking, relationship destroying one; until you get a grip on how much better you can do without the symptoms manifesting you will continue to be in a rut.

My only questions are these: Do you have a memory that goes way back? Can you recall certain items from the remote past and give them signifigance? Do you have any other diagnoses? Such as Aspergers or any ASD illness? Did you have ADHD, ODD, PDD or any other diagnosis before the schizo came on? Just curious.

Best of luck to you. You take a big step by coming out and relating to others, and I applaud you. BUT, keep in mind that the voices can and will take over and direct your actions if they can, and that is always a bad thing. Please get professional care that demands meds as a regimen and stay with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What is your blood type?

What month were you born?

I have heard that rh neg type and people with births during Gemini (sign of the twins) may be more prone to this condition.

It sounds like you have control and are handling it well. My best wishes to you for continued success

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Since you said you refuse medical treatment could you plz answer my question from a previous post. It might save your life.

"I had a friend that was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He ended up being institutionalized only to find out that he had a tumor in his brain that was causing all of it. He had it removed and everything stopped.

Have you had your head scanned to make sure it isn't a tumor?"

Since you said you can physically feel the condition it may be pretty important.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I tried to find the answers to these questions, but I may have missed them somewhere.

1. What drugs did you experiment with when you were younger? '___', etc.

2. What is your sex?

3. Are you able to have romantic relationships? Or have you ever had one?

For someone who is currently not taking meds you are very coherent and articulate. That's great. Very interesting stuff here.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Can i just correct you here? It's not a disease..... it's a disorder!!!

Some people can handle it whilst others can't......... there are extreme cases of murder and such due to schizophrenia and this is where the media get it wrong as it suggests that all schizophrenics are murderers when in fact some if not most live their lives peacefully or at least try to live it peacefully........

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Have you ever hallucinated a beautiful naked women?

Can you have sex with the hallucination, or at least make-out?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Have you ever lucid dreamed before you became schizophrenic ?

And if so, were those the same as your dream world dreams ?

You say you can control things in your dream world..

Maybe because of your condition, you can better achieve lucid dreaming and in your case every time you sleep maybe you lucid dream and that you knowing you are a schizo mixes with dream world to make it even more lucid....

Just guessing though...not assuming......but your posts have interested me a lot and I hope one day you can beat it.

question: If you can feel it in your head, can you then try and have doctors find exactly where that feeling is and then have them remove it physically ?

I wonder if you can trick the mind so much or do some brainwashing that actually tricks your sub-conscience into believing that you are no longer schizophrenic ?

Sorry for all the questions , but lets be honest......most people never get this much insight into the mind of a schizophrenic and this is enlightening us all and seperating some myth from truth.....

I hope you can continue to maintain functionality within the real world....as you seem like a good person......

Wouldn't it be just weird if we all ( our souls) are born into a fake reality which we think is real, but we are really dreaming and when we sleep we actually go into a real world ?

If that thought is too much for you then I appologize and ask only the other posters read it as I would not want to be responsible for you dwelling on that , but I am curious about it.

Good luck with your battle...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I was diagnosed after 9/11/01, but have recalled things were already starting a downward spiral towards my crash. As far as I can recall, my diagnosis was schizoaffective disorder AND dissociative indentity disorder.

Ive since recalled having heard voices for most of my life, but for some reason, had also repressed much of it, as if part of the alters doings. Missing time events etc. Supposedly, even missing time events for those around me? ( another delusion or supernatural event? )

I've also since recalled the military having been involved and mind control to a strong degree. The sad thing is, is that most of what I would write and talk about as having happened is than said to be another delusion.

It's as if I'm a schizophrenic Borg gathering information and adding it to my alleged delusions. So, I guess that would make me the Schizophrenic Reaper?

Some of the people I'd met during and after my hospitalization seemed to also be connected to the government and other groups. Military, CIA, ( MK ultra; Remote Viewing, Mafia, Aliens; Angels; Watchers, Entities etc. etc.

Coming here has been a wide range of topics and paranoia material, but it's also GROUP THERAPY....which my therapist claimed was a bad idea. The sceptics here have been a lot of help as has memories of some bible scripture that relates to false works, prophecies, false prophecies, possessions etc. etc.

I'd watched Beautiful Mind several times and listened to Ron Howards commentary on John Nash NOT taking meds and still becoming stabilized.

Once a person can accept these as delusions or highly questionable. it seems as if that's a defintion of being stabilized.

I've been on SSDI now for 5 years and am under the realistic paranoia it's going to be taken away. Of all times....NOW?

That just adds to the mix as if to throw me back into the fire again.

I've become what they claim is stabalized, NOT by the medications that almost killed me, but by NOT wanting to die from them.

Now, I've basically had threats of non-compliance if I don't take it.

Actually, I'd like to be able to help people like myself, that is, if I can handle it. My therapist might say again that that's a bad idea. IDK

There are movies about people with DID and schizophrenia that I believe these people should watch, if they can, as part of psychotherapy.

Beautiful Mind as one Cybil and a few others like it. I had mixed feelings about Me Myself and Irene and think Jim Carey should apologize for it or at least talk about the reality.

Here's a UK Youtube video(s) docudrama on schizophrenia and psyhcotherapy with or without meds. ( if you haven't already seen it) I encourage others to if they have not. The actress in this movie to put it in UK terms was Brilliant. ( to me anyway as was the subject) I look forward to seeing more of her work.

www.youtube.com...

It's been said that schizophrenia and DID are not the same. I think it's progressive as mentioned about Bipolar progression I've recalled hearing in outpatient therapy. My outrage with the system is that they use the child sexual abuse card and want to " Push Pull or Drag" that scenario as if some breakthrough.

So, my question is how much of what I've mentionned here can you agree with and relate to?

What movies do you believe are likely to be good therapy

[edit on 24-8-2009 by aleon1018]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join