It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I know it seems a bit absurd; trust me, you don't know the half of it.

It all goes so deep, I'd rather not start on any particular part of how I became Schizophrenic, as most of it's quite personal. I will give out the details I'm comfortable with, though.

Ask away.

FYI: I am not in any way telling you that the answers I give will or have come true. I am simply giving you a view into a Schizophrenic's mind.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Okay, I'll play:

Did you stop taking your meds?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't take meds. I refuse them.

I don't care if it's scary as Hell; I won't deny the Truth.

The meds make your mind clowdy. :/

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is one...

How does being a member of a site such as ATS effect your problem?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Can you tell me the color of my eyes, Clever? Is that a question that is within bounds?

Do you hear voices? How many? When you listen to music, does it help to quiet your head?

How long have you lived with this condition?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It actually helps a lot.

If I have a bad day, I usually come on here, and I just read through various threads. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better.

I guess it's mostly because even though I may see creepy things sometimes, or hear something that isn't there, I can always come online and see what's really going on with the world.

Plus, I can relate to a lot of the things people go through, even if it's not real.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Do you have nightwalking dreams?

I have a good friend who is schizophrenic.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hello,

Thank you for opening this discussion. Through the process have you had any revelations or insight into the unknown? For example, God, afterlife, human origin, sacred/secret knowledge? Earlier this year I got to speak with a women who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. It was a wonderful and very interesting conversation. The thing is, what she was saying made a lot of sense to me, but other people in my position hearing much of the same thought the whole idea was unbelievable, and laughed at it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Strangely enough I have wanted to interview Schizophrenic's for a long time, so I have a lot of questions. But for starters:

1. Do you hear voices? If so, how many and how often? Is there a dominant voice?

2. If there are voices, do they talk about religious things; mainly God/Demons?

3. Do you actively believe people are out to get you? Have you been classified as a paranoid schizophrenic?

I don't want to ask too many questions at once, but I am curious as to what the voice(s), if you have any, talk about.

--Loqeth

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I'd rather not talk about eyes. One of my visual hallucinations is everyone's eyes look like they have a blurry censor over them. Not a bar over the top of the face, but a round censor over each eye.

To guess, though... Brown?

The voices aren't.. physical, I guess you could call them? When I "hear" them, I realize that it's just in my head, but it's not as vague as simply thinking up something. It's like a thought, but forced upon you.

Yes, music helps great deals. I crank it up and put in some headphones, and I can think clearly. That's what I'm doing right now.

December 2008 is when it all started.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
who isnt crazy nowadayz? (i bet u cant answer that 1)

[edit on 23-8-2009 by platipus]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Nightwalking dreams don't even begin to describe it.

When I go to sleep, I wake up in another world. I just stay in my room for a while, and keep the door locked, because I know it isn't a real world outside my bedroom.

I'm stuck in the dream-state until I go to sleep in it, which is when I wake up in the real world.

I suppose I could say it's like an involuntary, advanced form of astral projection/meditation.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I have had hundreds of revelations/insights into the unknown. Most of them are pretty mind blowing, but the important thing is to remember that you're not thinking logically, and that it will pass over time. And it always does pass.

It's difficult to talk about some of them, because it's easy for me to get stuck on the same level of thinking as before, and go through it again.

We're interesting people! We're just a little off sometimes. =P

I once tried to convince my cousin that I was his Guardian Angel. Haha.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by Signals

I don't take meds. I refuse them.

I don't care if it's scary as Hell; I won't deny the Truth.

The meds make your mind clowdy. :/

hi there OP

- I'm with the above poster- are you paranoid schizophrenic?... but regardless you should NOT be off your meds- it's not safe for you- or other people

Some of my closest friends have been paranoid schizophrenic and I know how messy things can get when they don't take their meds, please reconsider that.

If you have only recently been diagnosed and are young, you may not know what you're in for- I hope you get the help you need.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
What are some other hallcinations that you commonly experience? Which episodes have been paticularly frightening? Can you differenciate between 'realness' and 'unrealness' during these experiences?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Fascinating thread! I have known a couple of schizophrenics in my time. One was actually violent but that isn't a common symptom is it? It was sad to watch him go through things. He also refused meds. With medication, it's all about getting the right one at the right dosage that will work best for you. I think it is great that you have come forward with this thread so people can learn more.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by Gumerk

I have had hundreds of revelations/insights into the unknown. Most of them are pretty mind blowing, but the important thing is to remember that you're not thinking logically, and that it will pass over time. And it always does pass.

It's difficult to talk about some of them, because it's easy for me to get stuck on the same level of thinking as before, and go through it again.

We're interesting people! We're just a little off sometimes. =P

I once tried to convince my cousin that I was his Guardian Angel. Haha.

hehe

you guys are interesting people!

Least you werent trying to convince him you are God- that's when things get scary

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loqeth

1. The dominant voice is mine, which is why I refuse meds. I'm able to remain in a half sane, half schizophrenic mindset, which is safe. I'm unsure how many voices there are, as some days there will be more than others, but there are at least two that are always with me.

2. One voice, other than my own, actually works in my favor. Whenever the other of my two regulars talks, it is usually negative: "You will not win. We will get you. You will have to be institutionalized eventually. You cannot escape Us." However, when the kind one speaks, it usually consists of small inspirational comments: "Don't listen to him. We're all in your head. I will be with you no matter what."

Sometimes, I've thought that this voice is God. Other times, I like to think it's a passed loved one encouraging me to continue on my trek.

As for the other random voices, I never know what they're going to say.

3. I've spoken to mental health professionals. I am paranoid schizophrenic, but I am not violent, and have not had any psychotic episodes. It usually remains as a constant buzz in the back of my head. Yes, you can physically feel schizophrenia in your head.

Please, ask any questions you want. I will get to them eventually, even if there are many.

I encourage curiosity.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

How well do you hold a job?

If you start to say something socially that would be considered "odd". Do you realize it, or does it seem normal and average to you?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What is your anchor? What belief goes with that?

Do you have a "grand plan"?

Have you ever acted so untypically that whoever was around was forced to ignore? Can you tell us more about that?

What is the greatest value in your opinion?

Are you 100% of the time aware and conscious?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join