It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
God wants us to figure things out for our selves to help better our selves and others. Also I believe "God" is in another dimention.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have always been atheist, but let me say this, I am so glad we have believers and people who believe in a God, because if we didn't than that would be that many more people who could possibly be a burden to society such as drinking and driving, rape, whatever instead of trying to live right and be on the side of good. I am not saying those crimes arent already being done by so called "christians and religious people", but I am saying there would be more if it was not for their faith.

"Just a Thought"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It is not God that is doing all the bad stuff. It is Satan.

There is goodness and wonder and beauty everywhere. There is also terror. We bring into each of our lives mostly what we think about. One can stick his head in the toilet and complain that God made the world stinky and ugly. But one can enjoy the beauties of life mostly, and pray for others, and serve others, to alleviate their pains.

But who is Satan really? God's agent. We all must be tested. We all must choose.

link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I have said this and will always say this.

Whatever is "out there", and the reason we are here, we will NEVER understand it.

God or not, to me it is useless arguing to whatever it *may* be, because in the end we will still never fully understand.

On top of that, I see no benefit in believing in a god, besides the emotional help you give yourself; not from god.

Our existence is to learn as much as possible, and there will ALWAYS be something to learn, because some questions are not answerable.

I do not like to argue my side of life to anyone else, because chances are it is just as wrong as everyone else's opinion. Since that is the case, it is useless to even think about in such concrete ways as many of all of you do.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

The word "futility" comes to mind whenever I read or hear people's overblown opinions as though it was a proven fact.

link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I understand how you feel, and I have many friends that feel the same way. I don't think there is a flaw in the way that you think about this. I think that your view is one that makes a LOT of sense. I don't think we will ever fully understand these things either but, I believe that learning about God will help us learn about the spiritual side of humans. Maybe help understand our souls more. I do think there are keys to life to some-what "rise" spiritually which could help lead to an over all happier world.. (hope that makes sense.)

I think I am more into the deeper religion side of Christianity is because I love to learn about these things. I don't feel higher than anyone else on earth, I'm a very normal person. I don't steal kill etc and wouldn't even if I didn't believe in God. But now that I have come to know him and feel him living inside me .. I do try to be a better person. Not a better person than you or anyone else, a better person than I once was. I want to become closer with God. But I am still just a person you know. I'll never be any better than anyone else, I'm just trying to survive this ride and hope to be happy.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
I have always been atheist, but let me say this, I am so glad we have believers and people who believe in a God, because if we didn't than that would be that many more people who could possibly be a burden to society such as drinking and driving, rape, whatever instead of trying to live right and be on the side of good. I am not saying those crimes arent already being done by so called "christians and religious people", but I am saying there would be more if it was not for their faith.

"Just a Thought"

What about the amount of people who commit atrocities based on their religion or religious teachings? Would this not at least balance out? Aren't there many rape cases by priests as well, it's not as though all religious people are good. I

n fact many religious people I've met are self-centred and believe good actions are needed to benefit themselves, rather than benefit others. Being good to others so you go to heaven, or be good to others because it's the right thing to do!?

Is that the correct way to ensure people behave responsibly, or would it just be better to educate our kids to think for themselves, and so they may be more likely to make more logical decisions in life!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brygivrob
It is not God that is doing all the bad stuff. It is Satan.

There is goodness and wonder and beauty everywhere. There is also terror. We bring into each of our lives mostly what we think about. One can stick his head in the toilet and complain that God made the world stinky and ugly. But one can enjoy the beauties of life mostly, and pray for others, and serve others, to alleviate their pains.

But who is Satan really? God's agent. We all must be tested. We all must choose.

Why stop there??? Can I blame everything on satan that goes wrong? What if we don't agree??? Shall we proclaim a new devil called Salatan that exists that only one of us believes in??!!! Puhleeaaazzzee!!!

People wish to put the blame on some other entity rather than the person responsible or themselves, when we live in a world of natural selection and survival of the fittest being a common way of life, where often blame is irrelevant.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think that those who hide behind religion and commit horrible acts don't really, deep down, fear God. I think some only use it to hide their true selves. I feel the problem today is that the majority of people have no fear of judgment. Let's say if God was to strike down anyone that committed a crime against humanity, don't you think people may think twice before doing it?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Try reading 'Your Souls Plan' by Robert Schwartz.

I'm not going into my beliefs about God, but this book may give you an understanding of how everything works.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM

"Just a Thought"

Least Choir Boy's wouldn't have to worry

But on a serious note, if it wasn't for Religion we would be seriously Over-Populated, if you think of all the people who have died, for religion.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by wraith001]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

That just shows you how de-evolved so many human minds are. They need a belief presented to them that causes them to fear the punishment of a phantom god from a plagerized book to try to be benevolent and incorporate kindness it in their lives.

Where are the great thinkers of our time? Critical thinking is an endangered species.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

You took that too literally. Satan, or evil, has been on earth since the first human. Satan, not so much physical, but evil in itself is the bearer of temptation, murder and lies. There is a reason people do things, we will never know if they tell us the true reason or not, but there is an actual reason. "I don't know..." is a cop-out, to me. A reason to do something evil, there is no God there at that point. Or a reason for evil, no God present. I hope that makes sense.

Satan as the beast or dragon as a literal thing is spoken of in revelations but we do not know the time or place this will begin to happen, so satan the devil isn't meant to be literal right now as much as metaphorical as evil. The blame still falls on man, we are all responsible for our own actions, no matter what. It's up to us to chose to not to be tempted by evil.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Religion is a parasite. Its spreads among the weak minded.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The issue, for me at least, is that we may have free will and that explains it all.. But why the hell doesnt this God come down when people are in the process of BEING tortured and stop it then? Why doesn't he say "You've got free will, but when it comes to TORTURING AND RAPING someone, I will intervene".

You can't say that's policing us or stopping our free will. That's just something that any "loving and caring" God should do. At some point, even he has to draw a line.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well that's easy.

We are al God but a lot of us don't know.
We life these life's to learn and experience it as it is.

If we knew and see in the other that he she is another you would you be able to hurt or kill that person knowing you will be hurting or killing a part of your self!

Also when we pas on we will not be judged by God but we will judge our own deeds and we will feel al the feelings of our actions against these people we met, good and bad!

Live is not about you but who you where for others!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimensionaljumper
reply to post by Mr_XIM

That just shows you how de-evolved so many human minds are. They need a belief presented to them that causes them to fear the punishment of a phantom god from a plagerized book to try to be benevolent and incorporate kindness it in their lives.

Where are the great thinkers of our time? Critical thinking is an endangered species.

There still here, they are called the Elite, and Religion is there left arm.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

That just shows you how de-evolved so many human minds are
great, next up the devolutionists. what could there theory consist of?

sickofitall2012

Let's say if God was to strike down anyone that committed a crime against humanity, don't you think people may think twice before doing it?
no ! they are threatened w/ being struck down . some can not be detered.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Republican08 I feel your pain. You are being very truthful and searching in your OP. I respect you for that.

Your question, Where is your God.

My God is with me, in me and all around me. I wonder why because I have been a very bad person in the past.

I also ask why God why do you allow bad things to happen? I don't have an answer as I don't understand.

I do know there is a God in my life because I have a personal relationship with Him.

He has been so good to me and my family for generations. I don't deserve all the good He's given me.

I am a child of God. He is my father. Just as my father on earth loved me so does my heavenly father love me.

It has taken me 62 years of rebellion and a lifetime of study to realize my fullness of the spirit of God.

I feel pain when any of God's creatures`are hurt or killed. I still trust and believe in God.

I Was diagnosed a month ago with kidney disease and need a kidney transplant. I cried to God "Why me"?

I have surgery 8/31/09 to get an AV graft in my arm for dialysis. I am very afraid but I still believe in God.

God did not cause my kidney failure. My lifestyle caused my kidney failure.

This situation has given me a stronger faith and understanding of my God.

Had I followed God's plan and not abused my body with strong drink and other things I would have healthy kidneys today.

I believed back then I just didn't trust and act on His Word.

I'm thankful He has protected me from harm by others. I am my worst enemy.

I hope your pain can be lightened.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

That just shows you how de-evolved so many human minds are
great, next up the devolutionists. what could there theory consist of?

Funnily enough, the Aztec's said there would be 5 Stages of man, the fifth, is when we start to de-evolve and eventually cease to exist. We are in the fifth stage, and its not hard to see the sign's. The op spills it out in bucket loads.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And how horrible would any of this be if it were only a dream? You see someone come and destroy your home and burn your crops and kill your cattle. Let's throw in the rape and murder of you mother, wife, sister, daughter. They butcher your father, brother and son. How awful.
And then you wake up. It was a dream. Your loved ones are there unharmed. The destroyed home and crops and cattle are revealed not to have existed to begin with.
Still, even in a collective, shared dream your loved ones would still possess the memories of being abused. An extremely vivid dream of being raped might be almost as bad as a genuine rape. While the physical reality of it may be an illusion, the emotional, psychological trauma would still be a horrible experience. How do you think the offender should be punished?
A loving father when he sees a child do something wrong has a choice to punish, to achieve some type of warped revenge, or to teach the child that what was done was wrong. To make them grasp not only that it was wrong but why it was wrong. To make them actually understand the pain they have inflicted on others.
Is not the most common view taken about wrong-doers 'how would they like it if that happened to them?'
You could get revenge on them, true.
Or you could send them back as a little girl to be raped and murdered so they might truly understand why it is wrong.
If it is understood that Joe Blow will rape and murder a little girl then would it not make sense to have him do so to someone who has volunteered to return to learn the suffering he caused another by that very act?
If we consider that the person who has returned to experience this horror they have committed on others chose to do so on his own, has, between incarnations understood how wrong his actions were but now wishes to do more than grasp it intellectually but rather to know the horror of it from experience and while doing so thinks 'if a child must suffer this pain and horror then is it not better that I experience it rather than an honestly innocent child? Such thinking would remove God from any role of judge or punisher. It would be the result of each soul determining it's own course.

I do not say this is the case. I might be a million miles off the mark. But I want to point out if this or something similar could be the answer. Maybe not, but if there is a chain of logic not considered, then what other chains of logic are being missed? Who are you or I to say that because we cannot see a perfect sense of justice in the overall picture then it must follow such a chain of logic can not exist? Rein in that ego. I cannot see the sense of it. It follows then that there is no sense to it. It cannot be that perhaps I am not intelligent enough to grasp something which might be right in front of me. You seem to have replaced the idea of a perfect all-knowing God with a perfect all-knowing you. Get over yourself. I suggest though that if you wish to ponder these things you move beyond the childish, simplistic, blame God for everything attitude. Allow the possibility of your own limitations. You cannot make sense of it. And? So? Are you so intelligent the world, the universe and even God himself must limit themselves to what you can understand? Third grade sunday school logic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join