Where is your God?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Evil is a state of mind.

Man is an animal, a creature that speaks in multiple languages.

Some men act on their instincts, others do not. Man without rule, is like a dog without a master. And we all read what happened to that elderly couple yesterday that were killed by the pack of wild dogs.

Man wants to make sense of the chaos, but many can't.

We were created to be a slave race. And then our creators left us to our own mischief. Slaves without a master. So now a few slaves try to control the rest of the slaves in the form of "governments", and lie to all of us about our true origins. Telling us we are sentient beings created by a loving god. Bull#e! If only they would tell us the truth, then at least humanity at a whole could come to grips with reality, and realize why we have the desires and instincts that we do.

The chaos that we know as our reality, is caused because man is currently at the top of the food chain of this planet. If our creators every return, order will be restored, and man will realize his true purpose. And the fantasy and lies of religion will die once and for all.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just another perspective.......
I believe in God. I also believe he is beyond our comprehension.. We are finite. He is infinite. That said... I think what we go thru as humans relates to what his END GAME(Divine Plan) is.. He wants us to be his "Children". What we have to go thru to become this....is not so easy to comprehend. And because we don't understand what it takes, some disavow any desire to find out what the real plan may be. It does take effort. It takes study. For some it doesn't seem worth the effort. I happen to believe it worth whatever it takes me to know that I know..

It is dumb to flat out state, there is no God just because we don't like..can't comprehend..don't understand...don't agree with His Plan. My wish is that those of ATS who are truly searching, will find what they are looking for. Those of us who have found what we have looked for, wish that for everyone who hasn't found some answers.

If you don't want a God that you have to account to then I don't have a good answer for you. Best to all.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Right now,

In many places Christian voluteers are helping the elderly

Right now,

Christian voluteers are rebuilding homes in hurricane ravaged regions of the country

Right now,

Christian volunteers are leading youth leagues to help children

Right now,

Christians are trying to bring people to God, to change their hearts so all the things mentioned will stop.

Right now,

Evil is the wage of sin, not of God.

You want to know where God is? He is in the heart of every Christian. You want to know why he doesn't help? He does, you are just blind to see. If you ask why with all this evil why doesn't God send help, wake up. He sent you.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by weird_travels]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If "God" is all wise and all powerful....

When he created man, and woman, he already knew they would sin yes?

It is impossible to create something then NOT take responsibility for it's actions.

It is impossible to create something and give it free will.

For if there was a "God" he knew everything that would happen from the moment he createdman until the end of time, every choice, every human would make, he knew.

That's why I cannot and will not believe in the Catholic/Christian "God" that I was taught of when I was young.

I believe there is positive and negative energy that is all, and all balance out equally. Call it karma, or the force, I dunno. But I'm fairly sure from what I've seen throughout my lifetime "God" as I was taught does not exists.

Watch and listen

However: One day I do hope to study some religions that aren't really taught in the U.S. and see what they are like perhaps start with Buddism. Then go from there. I mean I've only really been inside Catholic, Christian, Protestan, and Baptist churches in my life. Perhaps there's something more to my likeing out there, that fits in with my beliefs.

I mean I'm not gonna worship Joe Pesci(sp?)!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weird_travels

Come on dude!

Do they have to be Christian?????????!!!!!!!!!!

What about the atheist volunteers?

What about the Catholic volunteers?

What about the Buddhist volunteers?

What about the Mormon volunteers?

What about the Krishna volunteers?

Give the rest of them some credit would you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Do they have to be Christian?????????!!!!!!!!!!

What about the atheist volunteers?

What about the Catholic volunteers?

What about the Buddhist volunteers?

What about the Mormon volunteers?

What about the Krishna volunteers?

Give the rest of them some credit would you.

This post is about God, not the rest of these. Start that topic if you want them to "get credit". Catholic are Christians.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They each have a God.

Does their God not count?

Perhaps their God and your God are the same God.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's like this:

there's forces at work in the universe. some positive, some negative, some neutral, some more positive than negative, and some more negative than positive. this also mirrors the human spirit.

this physical dimension requires those basic physical functions to stay coherent, but such is not the case for the eternal dimension if you will. therefore, i assume what we are witnessing on this physical plane, is the negative build up of self-destructive force. usually, that culminates in a balancing act where the universe rights itself again by overwhelming the negative force at work, just enough, to assure something less than outright chaos.

physics will answer your questions on the subject with one hand tied behind its back, standing on one foot, with one eye closed and eating a very big apple- you're a sentient machine in a non-sentient, mechanical universe. what you put in, is what you get out.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Topic Answer:

Either my last post was incredibly brilliant....

Or it skipped to the next page and no one read it....

OT???

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You can call me rep those PC on here call me 08 for the 'conversion' lol
alright then, 08 it is.

But of all humanity, to be slaves to 'him/

slavery implies domination, and dispells freewill. if this is the case in your life,i assure you it is not of God. also if i may, in creating this thread do you
not exercise certain rights over your creation? did you not create it, w/
expectations of it some how serving you to a point? that it might bring
you some satisfaction? the certain rights any creator, has over it's creation
surly can't be looked upon as slavery.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
While you are preoccupied with blaming someones god for all the pain, more pain just keeps on a comin'! While you sit back and whine and complain about someones "invisible man"! REAL men are out there hurting people.

If you really gave a damn about what is going on you'd be doing something to help, but no you don't, so you sit back and hit the keyboard attacking people with your crap.

By the way you are no true atheist, you are someone who is a god believer, but you are just so full of anger with your god that you spend your life attacking the ones that love him. It's the "my dad won't let me come out and play syndrome"!

A true atheist/agnostic doesn't have that passion for hatred and rage because these are things religion instills in you. FEAR. Just see a world for what it is and do your best to make your mark, for good.

I walk around with that smile everyday too, and I don't let some god choose to give me that smile. I choose to wear it, despite the pain going on, I can't concern my existence with someone elses pain lest I am directly apart of it. Project love and you will get it back, fear and you will get it back as well.

Remember, we are all alone trapped inside these fleshy bodies, don't destroy any connections you can make by spreading fear.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To Nola213

I have heard your statement many times.. My answer is....

God does take responsibility!! He takes responsibility for what he created. An example is a Computer Maker. Is the Manufactorer not responsible for what the computer does when it acts up? If the computer breaks, the mfg warranties the computer for some period of time. The Mfg still repairs the broken computer after warranty runs out if you need it. It's not the computers fault for messing up but programs can be corrupted none the less.

God makes US take responsibility for our actions and he takes responsibility for how he made us...How you ask?????

He(God) knew he would have to send someone to take our place for all of our choices.... and he did! Jesus.... He paid the price that comes from how we were created.. Our price, we also pay for our choices.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well hey mr negativity. You know your logic goes both ways. There will always be jackasses hurting people somewhere on the planet at any moment, but there will also be kind souls promoting life on the planet at any given moment. Your very good at noticing the negative, as most people in the west are, due to our delightfully positive, non fear mongering MSM

I could assume right now that somewhere someone just saved a 12 year old girls life, and I would probably be right.
I could assume right now that somewhere some cop just killed a dangerous sex offender caught in the act, and probably be right.
My point is, human beings decide to act either negatively or positively, and if there is one thing that is clear about life it is that however we got here, we were given free choice. As such the lack of supernatural interference in our free choice does not prove or disprove the existence a god, it is simply human choice - which with or without a god - we have.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

The Bible also tells us not to worry about these things that it must come to pass.

Well this is the joke of xtianity isn't it, you're all off to hell if you don't stop doing this or that . The world is coming to an end because the jesusyahweh gos is coming, some real bad crap is going to happen.

But don't worry about it !!!!

Well the good news (really) is that atheists and agnostics are not worrying about anything yahwhe jesus is going to do.

but they are a little concerned about the fact that millions of xtians require misery and death in order to proclaim that their prophesies are coming true.

Wake up! When a child is being tortured or a granny is being beaten to a pulp, there is no one up in the sky crying about it.

Humans can in no way be claimed to be created in the image of the yahweh deity. Because we are on the whole compassionate, a trait that is completely missing from this indolent murderer that xtians talk to before lunch.

If Judaism is to believed then the very first example in the history of humanity of infanticide, was set by no other than the bible god.

No, don't tell me - God moves in mysterious ways, or it's all part of the plan.

Jesus is coming to kick ass, well how cool is that ? Jesus comes to kick ass but the child torturing nut job god saved the week before.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

If the computer breaks, the mfg warranties the computer for some period of time. The Mfg still repairs the broken computer after warranty runs out if you need it. It's not the computers fault for messing up but programs can be corrupted none the less.

But your god is alleged to have created "everything" this means it is totally responsible for programming.

To allow for corruption in a program implies that a separate source is required for the corruption, or the programmer (GOD) screwed up.

So either free will or omniscience has to go out the window (excuse the pun) I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

If you really gave a damn about what is going on you'd be doing something to help, but no you don't, so you sit back and hit the keyboard attacking people with your crap.

Well he is doing something about it, he's raising the issue and having this debate, hardly crap.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
WOW, what hatred for a God you apparently don't even believe in.

Where did you ever learn that Jesus was comming back to kick butt???
I think you take whatever any Religious organization puts out as comming from God. Just because some human(so called xtian in your eyes) has a point of view that doesn't even come close to the truth...does that mean we all(Christians)believe like that.

Just one more statement of my belief.... I think God will be found by everyone who looks, honestly... God is not found in Religious organizations.. He is only found by each and everyone individually..

Don't like that... Sorry, if true then it doesn't matter. If not true, then I have led some of my like for naught..It hasn't been a bad life though!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I for one would love to argue this point. What you are arguing is, because pain and suffering are existant within this world, the idea of a all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing God is illogical.

I personally see this as a weak argument against God.

For my belief, which you will undoubtely question, the first and foremost expression of God's all-loving nature, is our ability to make choice, no i do not believe in hard determinism, im more of a soft determinist.

Who are we to anthropomorphise God? What does it mean for a being beyond our comprehension to be all-loving?

Id say that fact that we have our own mind (whether or not we are influenced is a different matter), our individuality is the highest form.

Right, i see this reality, this existance as a "vale of soul-making". A perfect balance of good and evil. Yes I would argue that duality does exist and not just an extension of our reasoning abilities. But all definitions of Good and Evil are subjective.

This world is a perfect balance to allow an equal playing field for all choices. There will never be proof for or against god, so that I can believe they do/dont exist. If i couldnt believe they didnt, i wouldnt truely have free will.

This world is both a good and a bad place. However, when it comes my concept of a soul. I believe what lives we will lead, what families we grow up in and what major influences we have in our early life are predetermined. So that a certain perspective is brought about and we learn through experience in a different way.

As for children being raped. Its disgusting, i will never say it is not. However, if you do believe in a spiritual realm, somthing more, then the transcient experience of being raped may be necessary for your soul to understand certain life lessons, lessons that enable them to guide other people and so on.

We never know what the ultimate Good / Evil is. However, im most certain they are balanced.

Please argue against me, id love toflesh out my ideas some more

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You realize you're saying this because of your own adherence to the concept of a biblical god right? They tend to leave out the fact that if "god" is everything, that includes the "bad" stuff too.

"God" is an easy way to call by name the collective consciousness we share in existence. Is there an actually dude/chick that would be the "god head" out there? Maybe, who knows, who cares, either way even science is proving that we are in fact connected beyond time & space. In effect proving the idea of a collective consciousness to be true, and if that's true for our perceptions of this earth & universe wouldn't that hold true for creation in general?

So the question naturally comes up after that if "God" is both "good" and "bad" then what's the point of either? Quick & dirty answer, to learn. Beyond the perception of this life on this planet there is a VAST existence that none of the "holy" writings really get into other then glibly saying "eternal life" in regards to the "afterlife".

Just to make another point that many don't seem to realize, especially atheists: To be an atheist is to have just as much faith as the most devote Catholic, Christian, Muslim, etc.

Faith - belief that is not based on proof

The problem with the old concept of god is Judgment. And I don't mean that in the new age "have no judgment" point of view. More to the effect that judgment can be an assumption that closes your mind off to the factual information that can expand your consciousness.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself but I look at everything in two different ways, the Human way and the Alien way.

I was bought up Catholic and had to do all that was needed to get me by but when that was accomplished I stopped going to Church.

I looked at all Religion on occasion throughout my life and what I have come to see as a Human is, "Humans need to have Faith in a God" this is what gets them by many times and as I see it there is nothing wrong with this as long as it helps them for the good.

Now when the Alien Soul within me looks at God...I think God is a name Humans gave to the Beings that came from the skies and long ago skies was known as Heaven.

I think a better word for God is Creator for this is what these Beings do... create. They travel this vast Universe and create and as far as life many are mixtures of this and that not much different then what a Chef does when he creates a new dish.

Angels, good and bad observe this Planet and the Creator's know what is happening here, Humans have to decide there fate and the Creator's will only interfer when this beautiful Planet Earth is about to be destroyed by Human stupidity.

The Creator's are extremely tall Grey's..........and Religion should really be Spirituality.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join