It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
good times on AboveTopSecret!!!

Who wants to sing a good old fashioned hymn!!!

how about Amazing Grace or At the Cross???

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wraith001

well that's it then, we here at ATS have solved the riddle of the
universe. i can see it all now "devolutionists prevail" the theory
that, since man can't remember where he comes from, he must come
from nothing. he dosn't know where he is going, so he must be going
back to nothing. the best part of the theory is,that when his long journey through this brief space between two nothings , called life is over.
it will be just like nothing. ever happened at all. no one will ever even know.the answer is there is no answer because everything amounts to nothing.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Those who accept God and His Gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ can avoid the eternal torment that is sure to be heaped upon Satan and those who do his bidding, and those who refuse to accept forgiveness of their sin from God.

Not accepting God is foolish. He put you here, and He will return for the faithful.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Bombeni]

So im damned because i don't believe in God yet i have never killed, raped ect?

This is where religion fails, if there is a God and he is everywhere, then i don't think he will judge on how many times you preyed this week.

Surely he would judge you on your actions in this world? But then if that were true religion would have no power over the masses.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

"Those who accept God and His Gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ can avoid the eternal torment that is sure to be heaped upon Satan and those who do his bidding, and those who refuse to accept forgiveness of their sin from God."

I was watching a paranormal show and they were doing EVP's. I can't remember where they were, but I think it was a prison. One of the investigators asked if there was anything waiting for us when we die. There was an answer.... a voice answered -"Hell" - This poor soul may be an example of what is waiting for those who do not believe in God or did not ask for forgiveness. There also a case where a small child had been murdered and the home was supposedly haunted by the murderer. They put a recorder in the closet and when they checked it later, there was a voice that sounded like it was right at the microphone and it said " Can get get us back" He sounded terrified. I don't care , you guys can make fun all you want, but I believe in God, not because of what some human said, but in what my soul knows to be. Really no need to bash people for their beliefs, don't you think that makes you part of the problem? Just say and do what ever you want no matter who you hurt?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by wraith001

well that's it then, we here at ATS have solved the riddle of the
universe. i can see it all now "devolutionists prevail" the theory
that, since man can't remember where he comes from, he must come
from nothing. he dosn't know where he is going, so he must be going
back to nothing. the best part of the theory is,that when his long journey through this brief space between two nothings , called life is over.
it will be just like nothing. ever happened at all. no one will ever even know.the answer is there is no answer because everything amounts to nothing.

Good answer, we are worm food in the cycle of life

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Not accepting God is foolish. He put you here, and He will return for the faithful.

Says who? The Bible?

I acknowledge that I know nothing when it comes to complex questions (such as the bearer of life etc etc). You do not acknowledge that.

We are still both wrong with whatever we think we know - but I realize that.

Put me in hell if it keeps me away from all of the single-minded people. At least then I could have a good debate.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Personally, I think religion is a scourge, method of fear tactics and ultimately a tool of brainwash. "ALL" religion is false even though some do have upsides and things you can learn from them. However, no one has to be part of "ANY" religion to learn these things. Any man that searches will find them out.

And as for god letting these things happen. Maybe it's because the god that man describes is a not so powerful god. Maybe, just maybe we have put terms and descriptions on "god" to help us rationalize and deal with what we can't change or explain. Man is sickly in many ways and in many ways he is beautiful but cowering behind the lame and feeble attempts at descriptions of gods reasoning on such is the epitome of man. If mankind were united such things would be done away with but alas, he is not.

I think it is part of the learning process for our species but dammit we cannot explain our lack of action and thinking away as agency or an all powerful and controlling god. How convenient we have done this.

Religion - For the weak and wanting...

Wasn't it Voltaire that said if god didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent him. Think on that.

I'm done here...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith001

Those who accept God and His Gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ can avoid the eternal torment that is sure to be heaped upon Satan and those who do his bidding, and those who refuse to accept forgiveness of their sin from God.

So im damned because i don't believe in God yet i have never killed, raped ect?

This is where religion fails, if there is a God and he is everywhere, then i don't think he will judge on how many times you preyed this week.

Surely he would judge you on your actions in this world? But then if that were true religion would have no power over the masses.

The only unpardonable sin is to reject God's love and His free offer of life in Heaven by rejecting Jesus Christ, who stepped forth from Heaven ... not to condemn the sinner, but to save the sinner (from Hell) and who willingly and lovingly shed His blood on the Cross so we can be washed clean of all of our sins. The Bible also says there will be no peace in our lives until we make peace with God, through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible also says there will be no peace on Earth until Jesus Christ returns.

There is a judgement, yes, but we are not allowed or disallowed into heaven according to the good we did, or the BAD that we didn't do, because we can be forgiven for the bad. We find our way into heaven by one thing only, the GRACE of God. We cannot even begin to imagine the holiness of such a place, and we would never ever be fit to enter, except that in His love for us, He became Man and sacrificed Himself in a roundabout way, just to give us an out! If you don't understand this I urge you to read up on it. It won't kill you people to do a little actual reading for a change.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I don't get exactly what you meant, can you clarify?

not a problem, capitol punishment. learn to think man. it saves on short answer posts. struck down is struck down dosn't matter who does the
striking.but not to worry it's nothing.

long journey through this brief space between two nothings
long journey through a brief space?
what hell was i thinking?
ahh nothin.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Says who? The Bible?

I acknowledge that I know nothing when it comes to complex questions (such as the bearer of life etc etc). You do not acknowledge that.

Put me in hell if it keeps me away from all of the single-minded people. At least then I could have a good debate.

I know better than I know my own name that God is The Great I Am, and that His Son Jesus was everything He said He was and more. I just thought of a Kahlil Gibran work, about Stephen, a follower of Jesus, and what Stephen said as he was about to die. This takes the words right out of my mouth:

Naaman of the Gadarenes, a friend of Stephen
On the Death of Stephen

HIS DISCIPLES ARE dispersed. He gave them the legacy of pain ere He Himself was put to death. They are hunted like the deer, and the foxes of the fields, and the quiver of the hunter is yet full of arrows.
But when they are caught and led to death, they are joyous, and their faces shine like the face of the bridegroom at the wedding-feast. For He gave them also the legacy of joy.

I had a friend from the North Country, and his name was Stephen; and because he proclaimed Jesus as the Son of God, he was led to the market-place and stoned.

And when Stephen fell to earth he outstretched his arms as if he would die as his Master had died. His arms were spread like wings ready for flight. And when the last gleam of light was fading in his eyes, with my own eyes I saw a smile upon his lips. It was a smile like the breath that comes before the end of winter for a pledge and a promise of spring.

How shall I describe it?

It seemed that Stephen was saying, "If I should go to another world, and other men should lead me to another market-place to stone me, even then I would proclaim Him for the truth which was in Him, and for that same truth which is in me now."

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Says who? The Bible?

I acknowledge that I know nothing when it comes to complex questions (such as the bearer of life etc etc)You do not acknowledge that.
Two wrongs don't make a Right. Maybe you should realize that?
Put me in hell if it keeps me away from all of the single-minded people.
At least then I could have a good debate.

No he said that because he is programmed to.

So why answer? You have no opinion.

I do.

Two wrongs don't make a Right. Maybe you should realize that?

You know nothing and you state everyone is wrong? Who is single minded? I agree that i would prefer to be warm than cold.

I think it would be a bit boring

[edit on 19-8-2009 by wraith001]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Our time on earth is like a grain of sand in eternity. We are here to choose whom we will serve, God or Satan.

The OP names some horrible things that happen to people and woe be unto them who commit such atrocities on others. Satan is actually the prince of this earth, he was given the earth when he challenged God's authority and was cast from heaven. Some of the things the op names have happened long ago but look around you, these evil doings are prolific in our present age, and God IS coming to boot Satan and his minions into the bowels of the earth, to rot in hell for all eternity.

Those who accept God and His Gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ can avoid the eternal torment that is sure to be heaped upon Satan and those who do his bidding, and those who refuse to accept forgiveness of their sin from God. He gave us His Only Begotten Son. What more do you want? It's like someone asking for a cigarette, you hand it to them, then they ask for a light, and you dig around and find one and hand that to them too. By that point you feel like asking "want me to smoke it for you too?"

Well, I hope your not Christian. Since the Christian-Judeo God is tolerant and forgiving, you pretty much summed up whats wrong with religious sects.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know

god is not religion
truth is not science nor atheism

god and truth are the same
and include religion, science, atheism, spiritualism

ALL THE HOLY BOOKS SAY GOD IS ONE
(this is love, because one does not accuse one = blessing version torah)
ALL SCIENCE KNOWS LOGICALLY TRUTH IS ABSOLUTE
(this is love, because truth is honest, sees itself and accept it to be good)

we are not enemies,
we just divide ourselves away from the truth

every branch.

you're all camping each other,
which is good to make you understand
both are and were always right
not in words yet
but in your search, in your care

once you will be there.

children can't see everything yet,
it was never meant to be like that,
and salvation is not a word nor a sentence.

God is real, because truth is absolute, never divided,
including all, to be love, not only romantic but also hurting and caring.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We are not in heaven, we are not in paradise. We are a fallen people in a fallen world, surrounded by fallen angels. There is evil all over the world and evil that happens everyday. I accept that. God allows things to happen, he allows free will, because we are here on a fallen Earth.
At least I believe that one day, I will stand before God and be able to ask 'WTF was that all about?'

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Helmkat

Great episode of a great show

Still, all of us are wrong, or maybe all of us are right.

There is not a select group of people who do know though.

Do you see the hypocrisy even in my own opinion? Thats all it is...

I'm just gonna become a Pastafarian and be done with all this and why not I say. I will be just as right or wrong as I am now so why not have some silly fun as my Mother tries to explain to friends what a Pastafarian is!

Flying Spaghetti Monster

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OP, you paint a very emotional and dire situation. However, have you not thought about any good in our world? How about hospitals and how many lives they save? How about churches and secular organizations that provide a variety of charitable services to all those in need? How about all those rapes, murders and crimes that are stopped by police or citizens? How about all those perpetrators that are brought to justice? How about all those that stand up for good in the face of all this evil? How about the first time you fell in love and held their hand? How about your first kiss? How about having a child? Or how about all the beauty we can witness in nature?

You seem to be failing to account for everything that is in our world both good and bad. And you are blaming the wrong thing. It is not God pulling the trigger or committing the atrocities, it is people. And it is not God doing all the good works, it is people. He created us to be our own entities and to make our own choices, whether they be good or bad and gave us a sandbox to do it all in.

Place blame were blame is due, on the people of this world and on satan who works to corrupt them. The bible describes very plainly what is happening now. One shouldn't look at it from the perspective of "Why is he doing this?" Instead we should ask "How many chances is he going to give us to stop committing all these crimes on each other?" We can look at all of history and see that. He hasn't abandoned us. He's continually been giving us chances to live by his example and believe in him. Yet humans time and again fail to do it.

It seems you are indeed merely asking "Why do bad things happen?" like so many have before. Like above that is the wrong question. "Why can't we do things right?" is more appropriate. If you want my interpretation, I believe this is playing out like this in order for us to learn a lesson. That lesson being we can't rule ourselves. Look again at history. If there is one thing we can put together it is that we can not rule ourselves and we need a ruler that is far better than we are to keep us from destroying each other.

God bless.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
if there is a heaven, I'd like to imagine that i will enter the golden gates with
the angels playing a song similar to this one in the background......

www.youtube.com...

and jesus will be belly dancing with buddha.....

thatd be an awesome heaven.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Right now EARTH IS UNDER KINGDOM OF NATAS not GOD, GOD thru him/it/her to this realm to see how NATAS would interact around creatures of EARTHS KIND.....MAKING EARTH A BOOT CAMP FOR HUMANS basically strenthening us sprirtually to make up for our weakness from eating from the knowledge tree.........ALSO TESTING NATAS LEADING SKILLS @ THE SAME TIME verifying its evil within before he has NATAS DESTROYED BY???????????????*OUR GOD IS SMART GIVE HIM CREDIT*

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Okay- I know Im jumping in here kind of late, and definitely havent read every post, but I have always held one certain belief (be it true, false, whathaveyou) that keeps me from crumbling when I hear about all the evil things people do and the atrocities that they endure.

See, I do believe in God- and I believe he has a plan. What if the 12 year old girl who got raped and later died (hypothetically) somehow left on her or at the scene the one and only piece of evidence that police could tie to the abuser? And, had she not been raped, etc., then the abuser would have gone on to terrorize at least 17 more children after.

When a friend or relative of mine dies in an accident, I rationalize that had they not have been hit by the other vehicle (again hypothetical- yet, sadly true in my case) and died- well then the person/car/etc. that was involved in the accident, had it not have been affected by the current circumstance would have somehow destroyed the life of a future activist, President, revolutionary who will change the world for the better.

I know its a little vague and oddly worded, but my point is- Who are we to ask Where is God?! We are simply creations trying to understand the rational of our own creator.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You are asking us questions about the behavior of God. Why ask us? Ask God.

To me, relationship with God is completely personal, not demonstrable or objective. Whatever goes on between me and God is private, for me. If, for example, I feel God wants me to show more kindness, that is for me, not for the whole world (though it would probably be a good idea). I don't have to go around telling everyone "show more kindness". All I have to do is try to do that myself.

So I don't know why God causes or permits horrors in this world. I don't know why children starve, why people suffer from hideous diseases, why people steal and abuse kids and others. I don't understand any of that stuff. Does that mean God doesn't exist? No. It may mean He isn't like what people say He is - that the Biblical version might not be real.

Talk to God and ask Him. Either you get an answer, or you don't. If you do, then you got your answer. If not, then God is OK with you not believing in Him right now. Trust me - when He wants your attention, He will get your attention.

Oh, and I say "He" and such, out of habit, not to claim God is a male or anything like that. It's just convenient for me. God is way beyond anything I can say.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join