It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix: Dozens of armed citizens attend todays Obama Speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I wonder how many sniper rifles were being aimed at these armed citizens.

for exercising their rights.

yea and they are probably on every watch list known to man, but its good to see people exercising there rights

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wraith001

It must be fun to live in the world you live in. Where everyone is nice and open to each other's ideas. Everyone allows others to change lanes, merge into traffic, fills up each other's gas tanks, no locks on the doors, no drugs or violence, just everyone being happy. Does this come from mushrooms or another kind of natural herb?

Seriously, why does anyone need guns? If two or three drugged up heroine addicts break into your house while you, your wife and three kids are sleeping, think they will be open to discussing this topic? Perhaps you can debate with them how Ghandi was able to accomplish so much without weapons. Maybe, before they freak out and hurt someone in your family, you can ask them their thoughts on world peace and how we can all get along with one another. I would love to see the look on your face as your wife is getting thrashed around and not understanding why these addicts who aren't in their right minds won't listen to you asking them to have coffee and exchange ideas on free energy or whether 9/11 was an inside job. Yeah, that must be a magical world you live in.

Now on the other hand, take those same two or three individuals drugged up on heroine, PCP, meth, whatever you want and they break into a house where the man or woman has a hand gun. Think the outcome is the same as one without?? I didn't think so. I'll take my hand gun and you can keep your "magic dreams of peace".

Guns have been and will continue to be used for protection. Yes some people use them improperly and kill innocent people. But in the event of a natural disaster where people are rioting and breaking into homes, may come in handy to have some protection (aka gun). In the event that our government becomes unstable and chaos breaks out, let me know how well "happy thoughts and fair tales" protects you and your family.

I'm not for everyone owning a gun but I believe in those that use them properly and lawfully to own them. Education, training and making sure the weapons are kept from those that shouldn't have access to them are the key ingredients to safe gun use.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

In what manner was he being agressive? he seemed quite composed and articulate to me, as opposed to a Howard Dean type.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Because it is my right to defend myself. Just because the president is around doesn't mean laws are suspended.

Nobody is going to hurt the guy, they are exercising their rights. I don't see what makes the cops and secret service agents different from anybody else, they aren't super-humans.

Those people have their weapons way closer than the protesters would even be allowed to get.

Erm, because they are there to uphold the law and keep the peace, and that's what you people pay them to do. Why do you need to use a weapon to defend yourself against a politician?

Surely it's the ageing politician who need's defending from lot's of unhappy people carrying weapon's/Gun's?

Ah...... that'll be why the police are there then..... the penny drop's.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Who said anything about them defending themselves against a politician? They keep saying we are under the threat of a terrorist attack and the president is a high value target, so why shouldn't these people be able to protect themselves if a bunch of terrorist decide to try something something stupid?

Why can't citizens uphold the law and maintain the peace? Because they don't have some badge that the government authorized them to have?

Last time I checked this country was a republic and the law is supposed to apply to everyone, obviously it doesn't anymore people liken cops and politicians to "god-like" status.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

It must be fun to live in the world you live in. Where everyone is nice and open to each other's ideas. Everyone allows others to change lanes, merge into traffic, fills up each other's gas tanks, no locks on the doors, no drugs or violence, just everyone being happy. Does this come from mushrooms or another kind of natural herb?

Seriously, why does anyone need guns? If two or three drugged up heroine addicts break into your house while you, your wife and three kids are sleeping, think they will be open to discussing this topic? Perhaps you can debate with them how Ghandi was able to accomplish so much without weapons. Maybe, before they freak out and hurt someone in your family, you can ask them their thoughts on world peace and how we can all get along with one another. I would love to see the look on your face as your wife is getting thrashed around and not understanding why these addicts who aren't in their right minds won't listen to you asking them to have coffee and exchange ideas on free energy or whether 9/11 was an inside job. Yeah, that must be a magical world you live in.

Now on the other hand, take those same two or three individuals drugged up on heroine, PCP, meth, whatever you want and they break into a house where the man or woman has a hand gun. Think the outcome is the same as one without?? I didn't think so. I'll take my hand gun and you can keep your "magic dreams of peace".

Guns have been and will continue to be used for protection. Yes some people use them improperly and kill innocent people. But in the event of a natural disaster where people are rioting and breaking into homes, may come in handy to have some protection (aka gun). In the event that our government becomes unstable and chaos breaks out, let me know how well "happy thoughts and fair tales" protects you and your family.

I'm not for everyone owning a gun but I believe in those that use them properly and lawfully to own them. Education, training and making sure the weapons are kept from those that shouldn't have access to them are the key ingredients to safe gun use.
[edit on 18-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

"Cough" i never mentioned Gandhi and his flip flops less im parched.

Self Defence is another thing altogether, thought we were on about Town Hall meetings?

I live in Rural England, have a gun license and own three Shotguns, but i wouldn't dream of taking a shotgun to a protest/meeting whatever you want to call it.

As for Smack Heads, well, say no more.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Because it is my right to defend myself. Just because the president is around doesn't mean laws are suspended.

Nobody is going to hurt the guy, they are exercising their rights. I don't see what makes the cops and secret service agents different from anybody else, they aren't super-humans.

Those people have their weapons way closer than the protesters would even be allowed to get.

if your around the president, laws are suspended if you have a gun...and nobody is going to hurt the guy??? are you kidding?? right-wingers have killed white gay guys...right-wingers have killed white abortion doctors and now you say right-wingers wouldn't kill a liberal black democratic president?????
HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

In what manner was he being agressive? he seemed quite composed and articulate to me, as opposed to a Howard Dean type.

Touché

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

if your around the president, laws are suspended if you have a gun...and nobody is going to hurt the guy??? are you kidding?? right-wingers have killed white gay guys...right-wingers have killed white abortion doctors and now you say right-wingers wouldn't kill a liberal black democratic president?????
HAHAHAHAHA

I didn't write that btw.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well, it is his right, and everyone's right to carry firearms, or at least it should be.

One of the many reasons why I moved to the old Wild West is because out here we still got the freedom to open carry, and crime up here is almost none-existant.

Police officers can see you with your open carry weapons and they don't give you a second look, because it is normal for Americans out here to have this sort of freedom.

It is also good that at least for now they are not trying to prosecute these Americans who are simply making a statement, "this is one of our freedoms, and noone should be trying to take this freedom from us."

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

HAHAHAHAHA

Show me the law that says, "the constitution is suspended around the president".

I guess it was a right winger that tried to kill Reagan too huh? It's all the "evil" right wingers fault I guess. It hasn't ever been "left wingers" that have blown up police stations and killed people either.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I am sick of all these jackasses and their guns.

They have absolutely no place at a public discourse and it is nothing more than a not so veiled threat...

People have the right to own guns and I am not opposed to that but this is just plain wrong...

There is nothing patriotic about it just a bunch of fools showing off.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

ok...but all you need to do is go to some of the thousands of right-wing websites and see the vitriol and hatred for obama

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
To all that want to make this a race issue, please take a look and the picture and see what race the gentleman with the AR-15 is. Thanks..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f8c34b11030.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

[sarc]Oh, you didn't hear? He is just a sellout to the right wing white overlords who are keeping us all down[/sarc]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok...but all you need to do is go to some of the thousands of right-wing websites and see the vitriol and hatred for obama

Good to know there wasn't the same thing going on left-wing websites when Bush was in office... Nice try...

(Mod edit to remove unnecessary word)

[edit on 18-8-2009 by asala]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Humm, wonder why you alongside some others get so worked up when AMERICANS try to show their freedom to own and bear arms...

You do know that the Bill of Rights within the Constitution gives the right to own and bear arms to all Americans as the second most important right alongside with freedom of speech right?......

The same way that Americans have a right to freedom of speech, Americans also have, or should have the right to own and bear arms, and no one, not even you, should be trying to take that right away, or restrict it in anyway...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i agree.

otoh i just heard a radio caller make a very valid point:

you don't tease a snake.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

My reply was to the question "Why do we need guns". At a town hall, not sure you NEED to have a gun with you but it is a way to get NOTICED. I'm not one for wanting to be in the limelight especially when there is a prez conference near-by but to each his own and a great way to allow the gov to test out their face recognition and RFID software.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
What a bunch of freaks.

Nex minute you'll be telling me Americans will be taking lighters and matches to an explosive gas factory. Just because they 'have the frickin' right' too.

How about carrying flasks of bubonic plague to a nursery, 'cos it's in a glass jar and i sure as heck won't be dropping it'.

Only in America eh?

Thanks for the unadulterated strawman BS.

The examples you gave would be private property, where you have to follow the rules of the property owner. You don't have the RIGHT to anything on private property.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join