It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix: Dozens of armed citizens attend todays Obama Speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

As heated as some of those rallies have gotten having guns at them is like waving a lit match at a fuse.

It is a public rally...it is supposed to be a civil discourse.

Before you go telling me I am opposing the 2nd amendment give me one valid reason why anyone should bring a gun to one of those rallies...and don't give me the false argument that because they have the right to.

Oh I know they are there to help protect their president.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Since we are there for discourse, and not advertising, make sure that noone brings signs either.

Hey, you don't need clothes to talk, let's all show up naked!!!

Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by warrenb

I am sick of all these jackasses and their guns.

They have absolutely no place at a public discourse and it is nothing more than a not so veiled threat...

People have the right to own guns and I am not opposed to that but this is just plain wrong...

There is nothing patriotic about it just a bunch of fools showing off.

your right...and i have never seen a rally or protest where guns were permitted to be carried openly...the police will tazer people for carrying a baseball bat for god's sakes...check out a few dozen you tube videos...you even see totally unarmed people being gang tackled and beat by police for merely walking on an piece of sidewalk outside of a building that is owned privately, and not owned by the city.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by warrenb

I am sick of all these jackasses and their guns.

They have absolutely no place at a public discourse and it is nothing more than a not so veiled threat...

People have the right to own guns and I am not opposed to that but this is just plain wrong...

There is nothing patriotic about it just a bunch of fools showing off.

Right on, Grover.

I was thinking... If I bring my two kids to the library next time to listen to some Mother Goose stories and decorate cookies, and some nutcase walks in with a perfectly legal AR-15 across his shoulder, what would I do/think?

It's OK for people to have rights and all, but being brain dead in application of these rights is a totally different thing altogether.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

The best reason I can think of is to remind those who have been placed in power. That when all reason fails, force prevails! The second amendment is in place to remind the government who is really in charge. Just as it was in the roman empire,gently whispered in the conquer's ear.
Remember you are mortal.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are the one giving excuses...

Even the cops said that this man has the right to do that, but I guess grover just doesn't want people to have any other rights beside what HE wants them to have...

Don't make any more excuses, IT IS A RIGHT GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

your right...and i have never seen a rally or protest where guns were permitted to be carried openly...

Not a rally, protest, celebration or a gathering of any type goes on without at least several people carrying openly in NH. Some make a point to carry to the event others carry all day every day and dont see any reason to stop at home to drop off their arm before going to the event.

the police will tazer people for carrying a baseball bat for god's sakes...check out a few dozen you tube videos...you even see totally unarmed people being gang tackled and beat by police for merely walking on an piece of sidewalk outside of a building that is owned privately, and not owned by the city.

Yup. People who pose no real threat to the police are abused everyday. Yet openly armed individuals be they just some guy passing by, a bitter individual at a town hall meeting or wholly angry Black Panthers walking down the street with rifles and shotguns in hand in full para-military dress never seem to get abused. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

That is a crock and basically the same thing as a veiled threat...again there is no valid reason for it...

All it takes is one unstable hothead there with his gun to get all worked up and start firing...then when the media points out his political slant the right will totally evade the reality and start howling about 2nd amendment rights.

We are no where close to an armed uprising or revolution no matter how you guys get worked up at the thought of one.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Who states what is acceptable to bring to a protest? Isn't a protest by its very definition an act against the rules?

There is nothing wrong with someone who is lawfully entitled to own and carry a gun from doing so whether it is to a protest or to the laundry mat. Now don't get me wrong. I think it is a dangerous mix to bring weapons to these protests. But you will have to ban bats, signs, blowhorns, flags, flag poles, etc., from the protests as well. You can be killed with a bat, flag pole, brick, garbage bin, rock or sign at a protest. Maybe we should out law protests...

In a lot of cases, people bring a "symbol" of their protest to the well, protest. A nuess for racial crimes protests, perhaps a confed flag to a protest about freedom of speech, etc. All of these are symbols. Bringing a gun to a protest was his "symbol".

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I have no problem with guns even though I don't own one...but if I needed one I would have no problem with getting one...

BUT at the very same time just because I own that gun and have the right to I don't personally don't think that gives me the right to be in anyone else's face about it...especially at a public rally.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the gun being mentioned was even loaded?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8cda49cf15655eb5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
It's OK for people to have rights and all, but being brain dead in application of these rights is a totally different thing altogether.

Well, braindeath occurs when people try to take away the rights of others and make excuses to try to take away those rights.

Even Ghandi himself wrote in his autobiagraphy "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Weapons are just a tool. You do know that people do train themselves to use their whole body as weapons right? Are you going to stop someone from going into these protests because they can use their thumb, or even the pinky finger, or a well placed roundhouse kick to kill someone else if they really wanted to?....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by grover

Who states what is acceptable to bring to a protest? Isn't a protest by its very definition an act against the rules?

There is nothing wrong with someone who is lawfully entitled to own and carry a gun from doing so whether it is to a protest or to the laundry mat. Now don't get me wrong. I think it is a dangerous mix to bring weapons to these protests. But you will have to ban bats, signs, blowhorns, flags, flag poles, etc., from the protests as well. You can be killed with a bat, flag pole, brick, garbage bin, rock or sign at a protest. Maybe we should out law protests...

In a lot of cases, people bring a "symbol" of their protest to the well, protest. A nuess for racial crimes protests, perhaps a confed flag to a protest about freedom of speech, etc. All of these are symbols. Bringing a gun to a protest was his "symbol".

you can't be killed by someone who is carrying a bat, sign, flag, blowhorn, flagpole or even a knife from 2 blocks away...but with an ar-15 you can.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by jimmyx]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I am a librarian. It was brought up once by some vacationing out of stater the subject of "guns in the library." The board of trustees said "this is New Hampshire, get over it."

Would you not check out books if you saw a pistol on a librarian behind the desk? Would you run out screaming if some patron came in with one? Would you turn around and drive away if you saw a car in the lot with a gun in the rear window?

What you should do is think rationally. Nobody is threatening you, nobody is waving one around, nobody seems to really notice their even there. Yet would you sweat, panic, hyperventilate? Why?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Well, braindeath occurs when people try to take away the rights of others and make excuses to try to take away those rights.

Try to read the post you are replying to. Nobody's proposing to take away a specific right.

It's perfectly legal to tattoo a complete text of Bible's Genesis on your forehead, or a swastika or a phallic symbol, -- nobody will take this right away from you, however I can't blame people who would think there is something quite wrong with such person.

link   

BUT at the very same time just because I own that gun and have the right to I don't personally don't think that gives me the right to be in anyone else's face about it...especially at a public rally.

So i guess you are against people practicing Martial Arts in a park, or even training children, and their mothers watching their children being trained to use their feet, hands, elbows, knees, and even forehead, alongside almost every other inch in their body for self defense, which if used in self defense can be as deadly as a gun.

I guess you don't want me anywhere close to you having pencils close to me, or even a credit card, or with my belt on, or any of the many items I could use as a shuriken and which can be as deadly as a gun...

There are millions of people like me out there, you better hide under your bed....

[edit on 18-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

link   
In some states with open carry laws, yes you can see people with side irons at the fair or carnival, but not at public rallys and government sponsored events.

With everything on the line against our freedoms, it is just plain stupid to do something this irresponsible.

Wait till we see the spin the media is made to use on this issue, it is not gooing to be thte yes rally round the gun rights, no it is going to hurt everything we have done so far to defend our choice.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Any society that thinks it needs to be armed to the teeth all the time is not a healthy society.

There is a time and a place for weapons and it is not at a peaceful rally.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugliefrog
reply to post by warrenb

Wow...I understand ppl wanting to make a statement but toting an assault rifle is a little extreme and scary at this type of venue will probably send the wrong message...but its a freedom message in his eyes

BTW stop falling for the damn brain washing .... That rifle is not an assault rifle its a Semi-Automatic rifle. There is no difference between that and a semi auto pistol except for a longer barrel and different bullet calibers. This right here is how the evil communist that want to destroy freedom get their aghenda across. I wouldn't fear a rifle in public its the hidden hand guns carried by criminals that are the real problems...

As a matter of fact if they out lawed hand guns but kept all types of rifles I wouldn't cry a single tear.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
To all that want to make this a race issue, please take a look and the picture and see what race the gentleman with the AR-15 is. Thanks..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f8c34b11030.jpg[/atsimg]

Are we even certain that he is not part of the civilian corps? That he was there to defend the Government in case of an uprising?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join