It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Christianity so hated?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons Christianity is not the most hated. Christianity just happens to be the most common religion, and therefore the most familiar, in the countries that are the most free with the most education towards critical thinking. In other words, Christianity in the modern era is the ONLY prominent religion that happens to co-exist with freedom of thought and freedom of expression. Chrisitianity is therefore ALLOWED to be critized in a profound way like no other large religion on Earth. It isn't "so hated" so much as other religions exist in places and with memes that make questioning them dangerous, and unacceptable. [edit on 2009/8/20 by Aeons]
Thats a really good point. I expect thats why we have a whole raft of non-practicing 2nd gen. Muslims in the UK.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lost_misfit

n your eyes: is a man totally equal to a woman? (besides their different bodies?)

Women are not meant to be equal. We've seen the effects of it in the US- shallow, moneygrubbing prostitutes who think that men are mere toys and cash outlets for their personal use. Christian women are even WORSE. They like to hide behind the church and god while they do it, then 'ask forgiveness' for another round.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Who are you speaking for and from what understanding do you derive your Question.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

There are still good messages there though. To name just a few:
forbids war and vengeance when persecuted for righteousness sake matthew 5:10-12,38-48
forbids the use of war to promote the christ and gospel 2co 10:3-5
forbids drunkeness, covetousness, and other works of the flesh ga5:19-21
promotes monogamy
matthew19:9, 1co 7:2
promotes equality of men and women 1pe3:7, ga3:28-29
forbids witholding that which is due
1co 7:3-5,1pe3:7
Well, monogamy is unnatural, so no, promoting it is not good. In fact its very very bad. Drunkenness? Nothing wrong with that in its time & place. Other works of the flesh? Depends what you mean? Homosexuality, occasional recreational substance abuse, general fornication, a spot of gluttony once in a blue moon... or something else? Those are all part of the rich tapestry of life imo.
Withholding what is due? Depends what is due & to whom. Imo, the Ceasars of this world have got plenty already so they can work some to get me to render anything to them, you know?
As for the rest, yeah great. Except hardly any Christians ever live that way & those that do are in such a minority that they have almost no impact. Why is that? After 2 millenia, if the churches were going to get it right, shouldn't they have done so by now? Unless there are major flaws in the message...
How much easier to be kind, considerate & respectful to ones neighbours, to turn the other cheek during the inevitable occasional disagreement, to be charitable without pride, to be bold & yet humble... if you're getting plenty of good sex & generally enjoying the body you were born into, eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

while they do it, then 'ask forgiveness' for another round.
i don't know if it's christianity alone that is so hated, as much as it is
all monotheistic religions. the people w/ opinions like this one above.
are by people who either, don't know what there talking about, or
are part of the homosexual community. no offense, but it is a fact that
most homosexuals don't want to hear about God. so crucify me for saying so.

Here's an easy peasy answer to wrap your head around. When you pray to an invisible deity who doesn't do anything you request, yet the bible clearly states otherwise... goodbye belief, hello cynicism
sounds like some spoiled kid, didn't get his way.
how ever bad life is. you are always better off running to God, because of it.
then running from him, because of it. that is all i have to say.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Show me hate and I'll
I'll
show you it's source

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat reply to post by lost_misfit

n your eyes: is a man totally equal to a woman? (besides their different bodies?)
Women are not meant to be equal. We've seen the effects of it in the US- shallow, moneygrubbing prostitutes who think that men are mere toys and cash outlets for their personal use. Christian women are even WORSE. They like to hide behind the church and god while they do it, then 'ask forgiveness' for another round. [edit on 20-8-2009 by wylekat]
Ladies of ATS, I greatly look forward to your reply to this post.
For my own part I'll merely say, "Bollocks!"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Ouch. What is wrong with monogamy? I just don't see it being that big of an issue really. As far as seeing the effects of women being to equal to men....I haven't taken notice really. Can you give examples please?

In my eyes, yes women are equals. They are just as capable as men. We all come from the same being. We're all made in the same image. It just doesn't seem fair that men are somehow superior.

Edit to add:
What you are mentioning are all things that are perfectly acceptable in THIS world. To be of a higher spirituality and really be part of the divine creator, you can't live for this world. These are all works of the flesh. For entertainment purposes only basically. Strengthen the spirit not the flesh. Give in to what is righteous and worthy, not what is fun while it lasts.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
1)
Not only is christianity hated, but also ridiculed and laughed at. One of the core reasons is in my opinion that christians dont speak up when other crazy, ignorant, stupid, hateful or bad christians speak to the rest of the world, because they are, after all, on the "same team"

2)
Christians want to believe something just BECAUSE. Its like saying "we dont like the truth, so lets pretend its not true."

"Why cant we teach creationism in schools... we are the people, and we should be able to decide what we wanna believe."

I mean, its not like scientists thinks something sounds nice, and if the majority votes for it, they choose to believe in it. Its more in the lines of WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THIS or THAT.. you got no choice.. everything points to it beeing the only correct thing to believe.

This dangerous and retarded way of thinking is hopefully not widespread among christians, but many truly believe that "we dont want this and that to be facts, so lets not believe it is anymore"
What is next? "we dont want to believe african children are starving and miserable, so lets not believe it"

3)
Another factor is that in christianity noone can agree on how to interprit the bible, (There are SO many different subdivisions within the religion) This just helps the belief that its all just hogwash, and man made. Just like fairies etc.

4)
Also the religion, like islam, teaches its followers that the religion MUST be spread to everyone. They want everyone to believe what they believe, and they will shove it in your face and down your throat. This causes great anger and conflict around the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Women are not meant to be equal.

And what authority decreed that? You?

We've seen the effects of it in the US- shallow, moneygrubbing prostitutes who think that men are mere toys and cash outlets for their personal use.

[1] Ergo, because of a sect of people (prostitutes), all woman are not equal.
[2] You completely disregarded the money-spending penis-driven men that spend their cash for their personal use.
[3] You completely disregarded MALE prostitutes.

What a skewed little world you live in.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Ouch. What is wrong with monogamy? I just don't see it being that big of an issue really.
Well, I dont know what you're like & I'm perfectly prepared to accept that some people are happy enough with 1 sex partner, but some people are a great deal more libidinous. Did you know that during ovulation a woman is much more likely to have sex with a stranger? & that if she does, she is very much more likely to become pregnant by the stranger, even if she has plenty of sex with her regular partner? Did you know that some men are programmed to be outside the group, literally to be that stranger, & that statistically women find such "bad boys" more physically attractive than the "reliable" type they would choose as "husband material"?
In short the human race is evolved for adultery: its natural, therefor since its instinctual for many of us, attempts to thwart it are A) doomed to failure & B) only going to cause frustration, which leads to unhappyness & all kinds of psychological problems, including tendencies toward self-destructive behaviour &/or violence.
Re: sexual equality
I'm not sure you understood my post in reply to wylekat. By writing "Bollocks!" I meant 'I disagree with the statements I quoted strenuously, but have such little respect for them that I cannot be bothered to refute them point by point.'
My attitude to life is that its not about flesh or spirit, its about both. They are not mutually exclusive, that is a myth of religion. Certainly continuous overindulgence will make it difficult to cultivate spirituality, but there are many insights to learn from the acceptance that the body is the vehicle for this life. Perhaps you think this life unimportant? Personally I think we have lessons to learn on earth & joy is as valid a teacher as any other emotion, so to miss out is to waste opportunities.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by lost_misfit

Women are not meant to be equal. We've seen the effects of it in the US- shallow, moneygrubbing prostitutes who think that men are mere toys and cash outlets for their personal use. Christian women are even WORSE. They like to hide behind the church and god while they do it, then 'ask forgiveness' for another round.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by wylekat]

Gosh....why is that this board doesn't come with a middle finger icon?

I know....those societies with the men in charge where women are murdered so often in their "safety" and "protection" are so much better. Where men who express things like this the men who can't breed out of being attractive in some human way, breed merely because they've instituted forms of accept rape because no right headed attractive women would ever have anything to do with them.

And this makes the guys like you angry. Not at yourselves, for being such a person and seeing and it inspiring you to change. No No. But instead it makes them envy the men who don't give a # and have oppressed enough people that they are allowed to buy and sell women for sex and call it "marriage." The men like this envy societally condoned rape because they cannot get it any other way.

You sorry sacs.

[edit on 2009/8/20 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ah yes... the narrowminded Christian. There's only a few choices for him: there are no other options- never mind the fact I could have been severely hurt (or more than once.), there for bringing about my take on things. As long as they look like they have all the answers, and they have only their judgment. Their minds are narrow, their way is the only way- and then behind backs, they are a slimy, murderous, dishonest, reprehensible bunch.

THIS is one reason Christianity is hated, and why I have left your happy little group.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wrong-o. I have seen crap out of YOUR end of the human race which has done me well more than enough damage. Dont cram your 'oh poor women' crap down my throat. *I* know better. I have seen (snip) that would make any self respecting male's hair stand on end and then fall out.

Oh, but poor women. Females- God's practical joke on the human race.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
as I already mentioned: the believe in the bible, god's word, is silly for the world. so christianity and the jewish are hated. they can't really explain why they hate them just search and want to find the wrong path of them. but they can't find.
their words do not fit to their acts in the end, but those who try to live the biblical way are bad in their eyes. why is not important. it's not important to try to understand what is meant by god in his bible nor by his people.
they are other.
there are more christian women than men, and they want to hold the word given to jesus to obey him and his word. I'm not talking about clubs. I'm talking about the silly fellowship-people.
so there will never be an end to the hate towards gods people until the last judgement day. sad but true.

I'm a dangerous person.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted by JJay55
reply to post by VinceP1974

www.thereligionofpeace.com
A list of over 15000 Islamic terrorism incidents since 911.

It's important to educate the American public!!!

Who did our founding fathers warn us was most likely to steal our freedom and liberty? Was it Islam? No? Was it our own corrupt government? Yes?

Were We the People supposed to keep our government, which works for us, permanently under our thumb? Yes? Did we? No?

Indeed!!! It is very important to educate the American public!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
~Thomas Jefferson p1801-1809

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
~James Madison p1809-1817

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire: a dangerous servant and a terrible master".
~ George Washington p1789-1797

"Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other."
~James Madison p1809-1817

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Oh, but poor women. Females- God's practical joke on the human race.

For any of the men who walk this line - I want you to notice this about this way of thinking. The more you poke at it, the more it becomes apparent.

Notice, the exclusion of women from the human race in this thought.

And I've just barely poked at the surface of this pool of hate.

There are men who come close to falling over this line. But some of you are smart, and some of you are capable of identifying what you don't want to be.

I bet, when the logical conclusion of what someone like this is thinking becomes apparent that you'll realize that YOU don't want to be like THAT.

[edit on 2009/8/21 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Huh. Only reason you 'men' come to the defense of these things is because of happy fun bed time- and we all know you cant bear to be without THAT, huh?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Huh. Only reason you 'men' come to the defense of these things is because of happy fun bed time- and we all know you cant bear to be without THAT, huh?

Not sorry to burst your bubble with this, but you are most definitely NOT one that speaks for me.

Starting to wonder if either:
- you've been raped with a baseball bat by a pack of drunken sluts!
- you're a homely 40'something yr old creature sitting in momma's basement having never been laid !!

[edit on 8/21/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat Huh. Only reason you 'men' come to the defense of these things is because of happy fun bed time- and we all know you cant bear to be without THAT, huh?
Sounds like jealousy to me

But lets suppose its not... Just what is wrong with "happy fun bed time" in your opinion wylekat?
I'd also be interested to know why you chose to put 'men' in inverted commas? Do you perhaps have a radical belief that it is unmanly to be interested in sex, or is it something else?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join