It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Christianity so hated?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Reading your other replies, it seems that you consider yourself spiritual under the label of Christianity, and it seems like you're more interested in Christ's teachings. I can respect that. I think the teachings of Christ ( love and charity and that stuff ) were very enlightened. However, as long as people believe that there is only ONE way to salvation ( maybe we should have a completely different thread dealing with this topic
) then the idea can be dangerous. Also, if you acknowledge that at least some of the Bible has been doctored by flawed humans, then how do you know which parts to believe? I know, its faith. Faith, to me ( I guess you could call me agnostic ), is still a good thing - to a degree. One's spiritual path, or one's relationship with their perceived creator is a personal thing. As such, organized religions ( not just Christianity, but all of them ) are ultimately wrong ( to me, at least ) because they forget that basic principal, and instead become just another method of control for the masses.

We can all come up with reasons why one religion may be worse than another, but to me all organized religions are guilty.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Wow. Generalizing all women as being... whatever it is you would call the ladies- shows a very jaded and disturbed personality. I'm sure you were hurt. "All's fair in love and war". We've all been hurt, but you're only hurting yourself with that attitude.

I was going to say that these women-hating posts were off topic, but it kind of demonstrates another reason why Christianity, or really, monotheistic religions are hated.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Reading your other replies, it seems that you consider yourself spiritual under the label of Christianity, and it seems like you're more interested in Christ's teachings. I can respect that. I think the teachings of Christ ( love and charity and that stuff ) were very enlightened. However, as long as people believe that there is only ONE way to salvation ( maybe we should have a completely different thread dealing with this topic
) then the idea can be dangerous. Also, if you acknowledge that at least some of the Bible has been doctored by flawed humans, then how do you know which parts to believe? I know, its faith. Faith, to me ( I guess you could call me agnostic ), is still a good thing - to a degree. One's spiritual path, or one's relationship with their perceived creator is a personal thing. As such, organized religions ( not just Christianity, but all of them ) are ultimately wrong ( to me, at least ) because they forget that basic principal, and instead become just another method of control for the masses.

We can all come up with reasons why one religion may be worse than another, but to me all organized religions are guilty.

Yes, that is exactly how I describe myself. Also, as for one way to salvation, i think that there is only one way. No right or wrong way, but doing things to be worthy of salvation, asking for salvation, and receiving. I don't know how else it could be achieved. One must ask from their personal creator, not mine. He is different for all of us. He loves all of us uniquely. That's just something I can know and not explain.

As far as knowing which parts to believe...well that's an easy one. It is very easy to decipher the good lessons and the ones that can be tossed to the wind. A bad tree cannot bear good fruit, just as a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. Or in science terms, matter and antimatter cannot coexist!

I agree with your last statement, to an extent.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Let's face it. Love's gone out the window (if it ever existed at all). it's all down to sex and money. nothing else.

Btw- the rest of you sorry primates can make all the stupid comments you want- I know it's STILL down to sex and money. I have tried to achieve a decent, stable life- and I have been ruined by Christianity and double ruined by the female of the species. I have been frustrated at every turn, I have been lied to, cheated, ran into the ground, used, abused- I haven't the slightest idea why I haven't killed myself. That may change in the near future- because this planet just simply isn't worth living on.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

posted by JJay55
reply to post by VinceP1974

www.thereligionofpeace.com
A list of over 15000 Islamic terrorism incidents since 911.

It's important to educate the American public!!!

Who did our founding fathers warn us was most likely to steal our freedom and liberty? Was it Islam? No? Was it our own corrupt government? Yes?

Were We the People supposed to keep our government, which works for us, permanently under our thumb? Yes? Did we? No?

Indeed!!! It is very important to educate the American public!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
~Thomas Jefferson p1801-1809

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
~James Madison p1809-1817

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire: a dangerous servant and a terrible master".
~ George Washington p1789-1797

"Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other."
~James Madison p1809-1817

The Constitutional Convention was called for because the government under the Articles of Confederation was not able to finance a Navy to protect American shipping that was under assault from the Islamic Terrorist states of North Africa. (and for many other reasons too, of course)

Because Great Britian's Jizya to them no longer coverd America, they started to seize American cargo, ships and people.

There was no way for our government to respond. This led to the old government being disbanded and a new system put in place.

So yeah.. they did know about Islam.

Yet another ignorant person.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by VinceP1974]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is really so much hate and negativity on this thread! I am totally baffled by the way that some of you view Christianity, and the rebellion is just unbelievable! I haven't really had the "hate" experience. Most of the churches that I have attended have sweet, kind, loving, helpful people. Of course there are always a few bad apples, you will know them by their fruits, but that is true in every walk of life. I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences. We love gay people, why wouldn't we? We love women who have had abortions and try to comfort them. Most of the people I know are so wounded and hurt, etc. We have classes that try to help others get through the tough times, like divorce and grief, etc., in a sweet, loving way. Our church has teams of people who go out and mow yards, clean houses, paint houses, cook for elderly people. Recently, our pastor told us to take off our nice shoes, put them on the altar and donate them to people who are job hunting. If you have had a different experience, then those people are not true Christians, etc.

Unfortunately, the media tries to focus on the nutcases. Speaking of wars, God never says that there won't be wars. He says that there will be wars, so I don't really understand the problem with wars being fought over Christianity. So, basically, the bible says that if you don't believe that Jesus died on the cross to save you from your sins, then you will spend eternity in hell. If you do believe, then you will spend eternity in paradise (heaven). So, I choose to believe in Jesus, and I want to spend eternity in heaven, etc. I have had to deal with several bad apples, but please don't let it ruin your Christian experience. There will always be adversaries sent from Satan; sent into the churches to divide and disrupt the real message! There will always be a few bossy women, who want to control and manipulate the pastor. We call that a "jezebel spirit". I wish that you could view Christianity in a spiritual sense, like I do! I pray for God to soften your hearts. Hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It doesn't promote free thinking and "God" is on the service of self path.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

You bring up some good points and their is compassion and understanding. However, many only follow the precepts of Christianity because they want to look goody goody to others while they rape and pillage in the background. I have met some vile and dastardly Christians who are a complete abominations to the very principles taught to us by Christ.

They are the one's that are being railed against in this thread. Sinner throughout the week and Christian on Sunday. I completely despise condescending and hypocritical Christians and there are many. Their piety is only superficial and without substance. There are many Christians who would walk right by you if you were starving on the street. I am talking about real sympathy and compassion and that comes from the heart not by putting shoes on the altar for job hunters. There is so much more that can be done for the meek and what you mentioned is only superficial and not real sacrifice. Oh yeah, I think Christ would be against the carnage brought to the world in his name through war. So if anyone was anti-war it was Christ. If he was for war he would have started one in Biblical times and his Apostles would have been insurgents instead of being men of faith.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I'm confused. Are you trying to argue that decisions of State such as War should be made on religious imperatives?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
reply to post by Jakes51

I'm confused. Are you trying to argue that decisions of State such as War should be made on religious imperatives?

No, I don't think war should ever be waged on religious imperatives! I'm trying to argue that in Christ's time, with his cult, he could have had his Apostle's launch armed resistance against the Roman occupation in Judea, but never did such, and that should be reason enough why war should never be waged in his name. He had his followers willing to give up everything to follow him, and in that case, he could have persuaded them to wage war if he wanted to. Just look through the gospels and you'll see just how anti-war he really was. Just the quote: "live by the sword die by the sword," should suffice in highlighting his views on the subject. So answering your question again, I am against all warfare on religious precepts.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

. So answering your question again, I am against all warfare on religious precepts.

Um. ok . You and everybody else.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ah but Islam has declared war against the West. In a clear message on 911 war was declared according to religion. The message follows all the proper religious protocol with an initial warning, a follow up of negotiation, and a clear declaration to finish the job of destroying the enemy... which is the West.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Let's face it. Love's gone out the window (if it ever existed at all). it's all down to sex and money. nothing else.
Sex & money are very important parts of peoples lives & thus integral parts of relationships. That doesn't preclude love.

"Love, love is a verb,
Love is a doing word."
Teardrop - Massive Attack

People change & to keep love going requires effort. Sometimes the changes are irreconcilable tho. This is where Christianity rears its ugly head, because, since sex is so important a part of our lives, & in a monogamous relationship all the sex we get is with the person we are breaking up with, its doubly traumatic. Worse tho, is that since we dont even have to be religious to have been moulded by Judeo-Christian shame based "morality", its very likely that we are not admitting to ourselves much earlier that a break up was coming, simply because we have been conditioned not to admit that a great deal of what we want from our partners is just sex, thus the fear of losing it cannot be contemplated, therefore the relationship often drags on long past the time when an amicable split could have happened. Instead we get all kinds of bad behaviour from the parties involved: acting out on feelings which religion has made taboo to discuss but which cannot be ignored.

I have been ruined by Christianity and double ruined by the female of the species.
Mate, she is as much a victim of our religious heritage as you. Seriously, I understand that you are hurt & angry, but lets be honest, it takes 2 to tango. Your own behaviour was not perfect was it? Ok, you may feel that hers was worse, but still, it could well be that she feels the same way about something you said or did but dont see as that bad, eh?
Besides, everyone's different. Perhaps you really weren't that compatible in the 1st place. Ofcourse, monogamy often causes mismatches just so we can get the sex we need.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I haven't the slightest idea why I haven't killed myself. That may change in the near future- because this planet just simply isn't worth living on.
Mate, I hope that the reason you're still here is because some part of you knows that you won't always feel as you do.
The question is, what do you want your feelings to change into? Will you carry on blaming her & by extension all women, become entrenched in bitter misogyny, a self-fulfilling prophecy of bad or unsatisfying experience with women in the future? Or can you use your anger as fuel to look to the only thing that you actually have any power over in this situation: your own attitudes.
Mate, I agree Christianity is horrendous, but you know? When I 1st started to really understand what it had done to me, despite not being involved since age 7, I was shocked to discover just how much of my everyday thinking was perverted by it. Its an ongoing struggle to put what I have worked out to be good & right ahead of religion inspired ideas that I've just absorbed over the years without any conscious consideration.
I swear tho, it is possible to accept that we are just primates & love deeply & also be spiritual & furthermore also be ethical, all without any need for religion.
I hope for the best for you.
Check this out!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

Most of the churches that I have attended have sweet, kind, loving, helpful people...
There will always be a few bossy women, who want to control and manipulate the pastor. We call that a "jezebel spirit".
I see. "Sweet, kind [and] loving", but a woman who is "bossy" is not only a manipulatrix but also possessed by the demonic Jezebel spirit.
ROFL!
In the name of all thats perforated, WTF are you on about?

We love women who have had abortions and try to comfort them.
I'll just bet you do...
"Yes, come join us. God loves you, all you need do is repent of the evil you have done... So simple. Just admit that you did wrong, regardless of the circumstances, & you too can be part of our sweet, kind, loving, male-ruled sunday picnic."

"True Christians" eh? Yet wylekat just posted above that he's so pissed off he's contemplating suicide & you lot just carried on with your pious blathering. Some "Good Samaritans" you turned out to be... not!

Recently, our pastor told us to take off our nice shoes, put them on the altar and donate them to people who are job hunting.
Right about now I'd like to put one of my shoes somewhere alright, but you lot wouldn't like it & thats a fact

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm pretty well resigned to the fact all Christians can do is ACT like they know it all, and cover their shortfalls with 'piousness'. It's classic- if you cant wow them with facts, then smother them in Bull Schnitzel.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I'm pretty well resigned to the fact all Christians can do is ACT like they know it all, and cover their shortfalls with 'piousness'. It's classic- if you cant wow them with facts, then smother them in Bull Schnitzel.

I have resigned to the above stated fact as well. The hypocrisy in modern Christianity is just soul-numbing. Christians lie, cheat, murder, wage war, steal, covet their neighbors spouses and goods, and the list goes on . . . Then Sunday comes around and they don their self-righteous hat. It's like clock work. Then after Sunday and worship, it's business as usual. I feel much callousness among Christians I have come across in my travels and it is a travesty. They don't give a damn about the poor, hungry, sick, and others of less privilege.

Oh, and when they do give; it is always in a public display of compassion with others in their congregation. It's as though they are competing with one another on who gives the most. Just like the guy buying the new car or house to keep up with the neighbors. Apparently, it is a competition among those of religion as well. I thought it was Christian to do things from the heart and privately between you and the Almighty; not make a spectacle of things. Then I see the pastor eating fillet, driving a sports car, and living in a mansion; while his congregation live in poverty and in shacks. This just infuriates me to no end. They are a bunch of hypocrites and unwilling to sacrifice anything of any importance; just small trivial things. When I start seeing real sacrifice on the parts of Christians then I will think differently, but what I see now is just a bunch of fair-weather believers and blow-hard braggers. Maybe I am wrong, but from what I have read in the thread I think there is an agreement with my assertion.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Btw- the rest of you sorry primates can make all the stupid comments you want- I know it's STILL down to sex and money. I have tried to achieve a decent, stable life- and I have been ruined by Christianity and double ruined by the female of the species. I have been frustrated at every turn, I have been lied to, cheated, ran into the ground, used, abused- I haven't the slightest idea why I haven't killed myself. That may change in the near future- because this planet just simply isn't worth living on.

I am sorry to hear that you are filled with utter-contempt for your fellow man and that you have contemplated departing this earth prematurely. If I could provide some solace to you I would but I am unfamiliar with your personal problems. However, I would be the first to tell you that I think heart-felt love and compassion have been long gone for some time. There are definitely tricksters and fraudsters among us and some are wearing the robes of piety.

Apparently, deception, fraud, and corruption is as natural as birds flying south for the winter. It is a sad sorry state of affairs for humanity and those of faith. However, you apparently see things as they are while others continue to keep the veil over their eyes and in slumber. I say don't let the despicable and treacherous beasts win. They want you to fail and by turning out the lights on yourself is how they accomplish it. It's a sad game many are playing against those they don't understand or accept. Show them that stubborn persistence to prove them wrong in all their fallacies, and hopefully, they will reflect on the wrongs they have done to you and over time treat others differently.

As long as the image you see in the mirror every morning doesn't horrify you; then you have everything to win and nothing to lose. Let the ones that have wronged you consume themselves don't let them consume you. They will say, "Good guys always finish last!" However, to correct them, "Good guys may finish last but always finish best." Keep up the fight!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

I have resigned to the above stated fact as well. The hypocrisy in modern Christianity is just soul-numbing. Christians lie, cheat, murder, wage war, steal, covet their neighbors spouses and goods, and the list goes on . . .

So in other words, you're a bigot looking for a scapegoat?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The World's Hatred
If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first.
If you belonged to the world, its people would love you.
But you don't belong to the world.

I have chosen you to leave the world behind, and that is why its people hate you. Remember how I told you that servants are not greater than their master.
So if people mistreat me, they will mistreat you. If they do what I say, they will do what you say. People will do to you exactly what they did to me.

They will do it because you belong to me, and they don't know the one who sent me.
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have no excuse for their sin.

Everyone who hates me also hates my Father. I have done things that no one else has ever done. If they had not seen me do these things, they would not be guilty. But they did see me do these things, and they still hate me and my Father too. That is why the Scriptures are true when they say, "People hated me for no reason."

Jesus

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join