Why is Christianity so hated?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Lets say for discussions sake that there is one true religion that has any enemy being. Now what would this enemy do and how would he go about discrediting the truth of this so called religion?
Wouldn't he try to sow discord amongst the people, dived and conquer?
Wouldn't he use people claiming to belong to this religion to do horrible acts in the name of such religion to discredit it?
Now I am sure I will get plenty of replies like "THERE IS NO GOD!" or "Because you are all fools." But I hope to get some legitimate, and well thought out replies from people on both sides of the fence. I am also open to constructive criticism to help me improve on future threads.

Why would anyone want to be a part of that?
I thought loved everybody, but seems like he only loves christians

Its just the easiest, most popular example, that people would understand in the western world.
I am all religions have their ”haters”

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don' think that Christianity is hated but the people who try to preach it as can be seen on this site often have no idea of how to communicate with people.

Also most Christian countries are western countries so it's the freedom of speech that allows Christianity to be the brunt of a joke as many things are.

Preaching Christians rarely come cross as stating their opinion but usually come cross as telling people that what they believe is wrong.
edit on 17-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Its because atheism is the most prevalent in the christian part of the world.

Second reason is the phenomenon of what I call " pseudoatheists". These hate or criticise christianity (which is a good thing, IMHO), but when it comes to other religions they are quite silent or even apologetic. Its most probably because they dont want to do the same thing christian conservatives are associated with, or because they are really just anti-christian, not anti-theist in general.
edit on 17/12/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Yesiree. We have illustration, and so soon.

Bill Maher - a Jew. Elucidating on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Observe - is he displaying that compassionate eye of understanding that would accompany an interest in the teachings of Jesus? Hey, not at all. His face glows with the mask of the judge, the joker, the cynic, the duplicitous manipulator playing up to the cued laughter.

The United States sends its brightest and best sons into wars in the Islamic world to smite the enemies who threaten to gang up on her big little brother, continue to send the pocket money, (even when in dire economic strife herself) and what thanks?

Hahaha. Christians are pathetic hypocrites he says, twisting the knife. Lousy Christian schmucks!

Reply originally posted by GR1ill3d

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, as most people who can speak English, don't spout it in verses.

I wasn't trying to 'say' anything here, I was writing - not speaking. Written English can take a variety of forms. I chose not to use a formal tone such as McDonald's English, signing off with a "just sayin'" kind of deal. Even so, I didn't recognize any verse format in my reply, but anyway, would you like to know exactly what I am saying? I could detail it for you if you want.

He is pointing out the hypocrisies of people who claim they are "Christians".

Oh, I see. Which people exactly who claim they are Christians? The main theme of Bill Maher's spiel seemed to be along the lines of Christians are supposed to be pacifists according to their mentor Jesus Christ but yet they are violent, therefore they are hypocrites. Well that was his main theme aside from the add-ons of raising the point that Martin Luther King is not included as a subject of accusation and neither are homosexuals who are also targets of hatred (violence) by these "Christian Hypocrites."

By subtle means of his discourse he is eliminating (by association) homosexuals and African Americans as not being his target. So who are these violent Christians then? The majority of the United States military personnel who are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Maher should understand why these Christians are fighting there, and he should understand the whole Judeo-Christian concept, being a Jew shouldn't he?

It is why those who today most identify with the Judeo-Christian essence of America are more likely to believe in the moral worthiness of dying to liberate countries — not only Europe, but Korea, Vietnam and Iraq. That is why America stands alone in protecting two little countries threatened with extinction, Israel and Taiwan. That is why conservative Americans are more likely to believe in American exceptionalism — in not seeking, as President Bush put it, a "permission slip" from the United Nations, let alone from Europe.

The second meaning of Judeo-Christian is a belief in the biblical G-d of Israel, in His Ten Commandments and His biblical moral laws. It is a belief in universal, not relative, morality. It is a belief that America must answer morally to this G-d, not to the mortal, usually venal, governments of the world.

That is why those who most affirm Judeo-Christian values lead the fight against redefining marriage. We believe that a pillar of Judeo-Christian values is to encourage the man-woman sexual and marital ideal, and to provide children with the opportunity to benefit from the unique gifts that a man and a woman give a child, gifts that are never replicable by two men alone or two women.

That is why those who most affirm Judeo-Christian values are unmoved by the idea that the war in Iraq is moral if Germany, France, China and Russia say so, but immoral if they oppose it. We ask first what G-d and the Bible would say about liberating Iraq, not what Syria and other members of the U.N. Security Council say.

That is why those who most affirm Judeo-Christian values believe that war, while always tragic, is on more than a few occasions a moral duty. Nothing "Judeo" ever sanctioned pacifism.

(from the Jewish World Review)
www.jewishworldreview.com...

What I was "trying to say" once again is that Christianity does not stand alone and is not isolated. It stands as Judeo-Christianity and it has (in my opinion) been forced to seek a compromise between the ideals of old testament Judaism and the teachings of Jesus Christ.

He is not trying to judge anyone. He is only showing the hypocrisy in some people who claim they follow the teachings of Jesus.

"Some people" means every Christian in America who supports the U.S. military.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I ask this question every day. And with every passing day, its becoming more and more hated. Sad really. I mean sure, there are hyocritical "christians", but just because someone calls themselves one, doesnt mean they are. Its not a religion of hate. The direct opposite actually. So when you think of something like the westboro baptist church, think to yourself...would Christ really approve of what theyre doing, and preaching(he definitely wouldnt). And for some vague reason, people think its rude and/or arrogant to practice/show your religion outside of your church/home, which is absurd. Whats wrong with taking a kneel on the football field(Tim Tebow), or thanking God for your victories(and your losses!). There isnt anything wrong with it, its just hate filled people.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hated ? Disgusted more like it when a religious relative sends an email the other day knowing you have a direct family member who is Terminal with stage 4 stomach cancer .

Now , how far are they willing to go for what they perceive as a joke or were they serious ? I refuse to want anything to do with those that are willing to do something like this .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why is Christianity so hated? Christians in this day and age anyways are a pain in the patootie. They preach like telemarketers. They're gonna do it whether you want it or not. You tell them "no" and just like a rapist they ignore the word "no" and ramble on. Now they're spamming the Internet. They can't form thoughts on their own so all they do is learn copy & paste, quote Bible verses on and on ad nauseum and spam everyone (same is true for many Protestant Christians). We can't even have a discussion here on ATS without off topic Catholic spam. .

Plus they've killed so many, destroyed so much of what belonged to humanity, mistreat women, and just gather riches for the Vatican while others starve. Their riches (now Vatican treasures) are our ancestors hard work and savings/property. What they stole from people that didn't want to convert and people they killed for same reason is the wealth that built the Catholic Church. Its stolen goods. Its what is known as "dirty money" now. It belonged to all our ancestors. Stand up for your ancestors -- take back what is yours. Don't put up with them.

The God of Christians has chosen for itself people to turn into thieves and murderers. What does that say of their God? Any God that can't get anywhere in religion without forcing its people to kill and rob isn't an ethical God. Your ancestors could not stand up against this. They paid for it with their very lives. Do not tolerate this.
edit on 21-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Interesting you should post this, I was just reading

University-educated Catholics are to blame for the crisis in the Church and the growth of secularism, according to the bishop charged with tackling the decline in Mass attendance.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

so as people become more educated they are just not buying into the religious thing any and of course the religious establishment is complaining about that – I guess they are worried they might have to get proper jobs

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by LunaKat

Interesting you should post this, I was just reading

University-educated Catholics are to blame for the crisis in the Church and the growth of secularism, according to the bishop charged with tackling the decline in Mass attendance.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

so as people become more educated they are just not buying into the religious thing any and of course the religious establishment is complaining about that – I guess they are worried they might have to get proper jobs

I am flabbergasted (a word I never use but is appropriate here). Doesn't that Bishop realize how crazy that sounds? Coming out against educated Catholics? You know the Church is hurting. This is evidence (and I realize its from 2008). They're sinking lower in what they will attempt to do to raise attendance and gain followers. But this is insane.

If the Church had its way "the faithful" would not only be uneducated but the women would also be barefoot and pregnant.

People have to stand up to this. This is not a Church that has anyones best interests at heart except their own. Thanks for that link.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Here in Europe the Catholic Church is defiantly ‘circling the drain’ – it’s usually seen as ether the worse horror to happen to Europe

livinglifewithoutanet.wordpress.com...

or a very bad of Muppet show

archive.hurriyetdailynews.com...

the poops visits to the UK and Spain where public relations disasters and even the Irish are now telling them where to stick it

happy days

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
ROME created it officially around 300 AD

wake up

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Christianity is the No.1 most mocked, ridiculed, insulted and by far the most hated religion in history. Also the most persecuted. The oddest thing about it all is, it even tells its followers exactly why and how this would all come to be.
edit on 21-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Bear with me, this is only my second attempt at a thread. If there is already one like this i didn't find it.
There is more opposition to Christianity than any other religion. It is constantly the brunt of jokes on T.V. and other media sources. People go out of their way to prove Christianity wrong. There is also an anti-Christianity camp atheists can send their kids to to learn why the bible isn't real. It was on Dateline or 20/20 can't remember which.
Christianity is also one of the most distorted religions. It has been exploited for profit and personal agendas of hate and war.
Why not Buddhism or Paganism?
Lets say for discussions sake that there is one true religion that has any enemy being. Now what would this enemy do and how would he go about discrediting the truth of this so called religion?
Wouldn't he try to sow discord amongst the people, dived and conquer?
Wouldn't he use people claiming to belong to this religion to do horrible acts in the name of such religion to discredit it?
Now I am sure I will get plenty of replies like "THERE IS NO GOD!" or "Because you are all fools." But I hope to get some legitimate, and well thought out replies from people on both sides of the fence. I am also open to constructive criticism to help me improve on future threads.

Why is christianity so hated? Well ,

first its a faith . Meaning there is no proof in faith.(This also includes islam)

second , its a faith based on a book(a very small library per'se) that everyone assumes was written by men possessed(inspired) by the "holy spirit". I say sarcastically "holy spirit" because these authors wrote scriptures decades or centuries after the "special one" passed away.

Third, the bible(again small library) is the ONLY material to date that discusses anything about the existence of Jesus or the real poor normal joe named Yeshua.

Anyone with an authentic appetite for the truth . Will realize that in antiquity , FORGERY was rampant and most philosophers and historians spent there lives restoring there identity. Most failed. Like Josephus

Fourth, again if you want to really dig deep and search for true history, you will find thousands of burnings(books and scriptures) of priceless knowledge of our past. Most of these burnings were commissioned by the vatican(also by islam)(and one time,by accident,by Julius Caesar). But most libraries thru-out northern africa and british isles were burned to the ground by christians( the vatican).

And lastly, the constant transfer(or transgression) of med-evil mentality in suppressing homosexuality and ignoring the reality that it is impossible to eradicate the heinous act of abortion. (These two factors are the core reason why modern Republican political movement is in shambles). The evangelical movement is the purest form of christianity , and most mean well, but they believe word for word of a book(small library) that was created or assembled by a powerful pagan emperor,,that created the catholic/orthodox movement.(meaning, technically evangelicals are decadents of Catholicism,,,,HELLO.) And this book's(bible) content was constantly: decrease, increased, decreased and increased again thru-out time up to the time of Sir Francis Bacon(who wrote the "King James bible). How christians are so sure the bible is a HOLY book is beyond me.

So to recap, true christians constantly (not all, but most) , Publicly infest(spread) there religion(or relationship with the lord Jesus Christ) ; Knowingly or unknowingly , that there energy and passion is solely based on unconditional blind faith ; With using material that not one christian has any proof or inkling that the authors words in the New Testament were not there own. Forgery was rampant up to copyright's inception into modern society. Add the suppression of ancient knowledge and same sex equality and , the invasion of equal rights for all females to do what they desire with there own bodies;referring to abortion. Is a pretty good reason why so many people hate christians (and rather believe in little green stupid fake aliens made by hollywood off course)(which I think is more pathetic than believing in a fake jesus).

Even though most christian/evangelicals mean well and are decent people,, they will always receive some type of hatred towards them for these numerous reason that I stated.

The biggest problem with christianity is its fabricated history. If you really want to know the truth , put the bible aside and search the hidden history of christianity. Main street christianism is mostly based on a massive forgery campaign......(please read "Forgery" by Bart D. Ehrman)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by calstorm

If you really think paganism isn't hated, you obviously are not a pagan. There's a very very good reason most pagans are 'in the closet.'

IT wasn't that long ago that friends of ours came home to find bible pages taped all over their house, with one with SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE cirlced and hung face level on their front door.

The police won't even investigate such as that as a hate crime - seems only OTHER religions seem to qualify for that.

Well, it certainly depends on the people. My experience has been that mostly Christians "hate" on pagans.

The experience I have had being pagan myself, and my family Christian, is my own mom screaming at me..... "though shalt not suffer a witch to live and someone should burn you at the stake"... from my own mom. She broke my heart and a part of me will never see her in the same way again. She has never apologized.

Even so, I am her only child which has not been to jail/prison, who has gone to university, who is not a drug addict or alcoholic.... well... ok... I am but I have been clean for 25 years though, who has not been married and divorced multiple times and my children have the same two parents not multiples. I am also the only one who does not go around spewing hate at people who are different than myself. The rest of my "christian" family hates on gays, hates on non-christian, and judges people all the freakin time. It really grates on my nerves the way they pretend they are so much better than anyone not christian.

That is one of the reasons I dislike the christian religion, it really seems the people have become hateful and I don't believe "God" is hateful.

To the question in the OP, I don't hate Christianity, I actually feel that the commandments are pretty darn good, I hate how humans have turned it into something nasty for control and for the feeling of superiority that they seem to get from being "Christian".

If I would say anything about most religions which I dislike, it's the ideology of "I am right and you are wrong" superiority complex which many religions seem to propagate.

NO ONE, not any of the thousands of religions which have been around KNOW for a fact if their specific religion is "the one" or not. I say, live life with empathy, compassion, joy and love, THAT is what I feel is important and not which religion you claim to belong to.

Basically I feel the majority of "religions" create a superiority complex which perpetrates abuse of anyone not of that specific "religion". Basic spirituality does not and to me spirituality is what moves the world toward empathy, compassion, joy and love.

Harm None
Peace

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join