It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drunvalo - The Maya Reveal 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've finished the videos. While there was some interesting information in all I believe this is a just a way for him to generate publicity for his book. Too many topic overviews and not enough straight answers. He gives you enough to keep you interested but not enough to make any precise conclusions. If he's wrong he will just say that's what the Mayan told me, therefore I'm not at fault...next book.

If it wasn't about the money why doesn't he just post the book on the internet, why go through all the process of getting the book published when all you want to do is get the information out there? Which option do you think would reach more people, posting it on the internet or writing a book? Which do you think would make more money, posting it on the internet or writing a book? Granted the book will be posted, though probably not by him. The point is one way is guaranteed money and the other reaches a broader audience. The Mayan haven't given him permission to revel that other information yet...PLEASE...I bet it will be reveled in the book though.

As to why he would go through such risk, perhaps because 2012 is approaching and all the hysteria that will proceed it? A lot of people are going to make a lot of money whether or not anything happens. I can't think of a year within my life time(I'm only 25) that was anticipated/speculated about as much as 2012. If he's wrong people won't believe next time...didn't stop Blossom(or whatever her name was) did it. I believe an event of major significance will occur, I'm just suspicious of this guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by felipecb
It is very funny how people talk about Mayan knowledge....Mayan elders etc etc etc....there are no Mayans left!! The local natives of Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico (Yucatan) are NOT descendants of the Mayas for the whole Mayan Nation "disapeared" centuries ago... Despite the fact that this Drunvalo speaks about relevant and interesting concepts, to say they come from "Mayan Elders" is sheer speculation....

Yes there are still mayans, the descendants are still kicking and alive.
But not doing that human sacrifises anymore . They are the subject in documentaires.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staringintoinfinity
I've finished the videos. While there was some interesting information in all I believe this is a just a way for him to generate publicity for his book. Too many topic overviews and not enough straight answers. He gives you enough to keep you interested but not enough to make any precise conclusions. If he's wrong he will just say that's what the Mayan told me, therefore I'm not at fault...next book.

If it wasn't about the money why doesn't he just post the book on the internet, why go through all the process of getting the book published when all you want to do is get the information out there? Which option do you think would reach more people, posting it on the internet or writing a book? Which do you think would make more money, posting it on the internet or writing a book? Granted the book will be posted, though probably not by him. The point is one way is guaranteed money and the other reaches a broader audience. The Mayan haven't given him permission to revel that other information yet...PLEASE...I bet it will be reveled in the book though.

As to why he would go through such risk, perhaps because 2012 is approaching and all the hysteria that will proceed it? A lot of people are going to make a lot of money whether or not anything happens. I can't think of a year within my life time(I'm only 25) that was anticipated/speculated about as much as 2012. If he's wrong people won't believe next time...didn't stop Blossom(or whatever her name was) did it. I believe an event of major significance will occur, I'm just suspicious of this guy.

He said writing a book would take too long and he wanted to get the information out to us. These are events that could happen any day now and he didn't want to wait.

It's interesting how wounded we all are around the issue of money. Gone is the the trust that someone may genuinely want to help you out of kindness and love. People automatically assume everyone is out for a buck.

More proof that we need a huge paradigm shift around the issue called 'money'. And it's in the process of happening.

I looked into the matter around most all of the current day 'gurus' and I can report that none of them have a pink mansion on the beach at Malibu. In fact, most of them put most of any scant profits right back into their work.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Theory 4:

Something will happen, because something always does, and many may die and some will elevate the awareness and come closer to their Spiritual abilities and many will go on and somethings will get better.

And then we will become ourselves differently.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I truly believe that this information right on the money. I also watched this interview with Drunvalo in which he explains things further- fascinating. www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman
I thought a pole shift would cause mass tidal waves and drown us all?

You are correct, at the equator the Earth spins at around 1,100 mph. if you turn the Earth "over" the water will still try to move in its original direction, the Earth would rotate and all the oceans would flood the Earth at the same time. Allowing 30 hours that water would be moving at 600 to 800 mph. Making your average tidal wave look like a splash in a puddle.

In addition the Earth mass is trillions of tons, you need a truly massive force to affect such a change, forget magnetic forces, shake a compass and see how long it takes for the needle to return to north, that needle weighs almost nothing, the force is incredibly small on a global scale.

Finally, Drunvalo Melchizedek as he appears on the youtube videos tries to cover his body language but fails, read some of the following link for a better understanding.

changingminds.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It is very funny how people talk about Mayan knowledge....Mayan elders etc etc etc....there are no Mayans left!! The local natives of Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico (Yucatan) are NOT descendants of the Mayas for the whole Mayan Nation "disapeared" centuries ago... Despite the fact that this Drunvalo speaks about relevant and interesting concepts, to say they come from "Mayan Elders" is sheer speculation....

Tell a decendent of the Maya they are not Mayan .
Do you know more then they do?
So are you saying that the Maya in the video are not decendents at all?

I believe that is sheer speculation to suggest that the Maya did not or does not have decendents that have kept the secret knowning of this time to come.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is it not this the same Drunvalo who was certain something "pivotal" would happen on August 15, this year?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to annoy anyone, just saying...

Edited the link

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
All the same, he is promoting a power agenda. Did anyone read my previous post? Some facts are wrong - not what he got from the MAya but on the basis of how he interprets it. I have evidence that the Aquarius theory is wrong. I have a thread about that here on ATS - search for

Astrology misconceptions.

So if we leave the Age of Aquarius out, we come to a sunburst in the period indicated (centered in 2012) with magnetic effects. Possibly caused by the Solar System crossing a thin line of radiation in the galaxy.
Drunvalo seems to be, with all due respects, ignorant about precession. The Earth's tilt or spin does not cause precession, the whole Solar System is participating. Otherwise precession could not be measured on Jupiter and Saturn, but it has been.

Other than that, he seems to make no difference between the pole shift of magnetic poles (which would confuse birds, whales and satellites for a while) and spinning of the Earth in a new way which would cause a dying out of most advanced life forms with tidal waves, volcanoes bursting etc.

Nothing like that is supported by science. We know of magnetic pole shifts in the past but not the planet stopping and reversing or turning upside down. If that happened once, it could be only a one time event caused by the blowup of the planet that is now the asteroid belt. Way before the cretacean age.

The only thing that remains with the Mayan prohecy is that it may refer to a grand cycle in solar physics - high Sun intensity for a year and that CAN be correlated with science.

Don't tell me no one is on this thread who cares for facts against theories...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cmdraleon

I believe that is sheer speculation to suggest that the Maya did not or does not have decendents that have kept the secret knowning of this time to come.

To quote Wiki for clarification:

The Maya peoples constitute a diverse range of the Native American people of southern Mexico and northern Central America. The overarching term "Maya" is a convenient collective designation to include the peoples of the region who share some degree of cultural and linguistic heritage; however, the term embraces many distinct populations, societies, and ethnic groups, who each have their own particular traditions, cultures, and historical identity.

There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century[3]. Ethnic Maya of southern Mexico and the Yucatan Peninsula, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the modern cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Mayan languages as a primary language.

The largest populations of contemporary Maya inhabit the Mexican states of Yucatán, Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Chiapas, and in the Central American countries of Belize, Guatemala, and the western portions of Honduras and El Salvador.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It is very funny how people talk about Mayan knowledge....Mayan elders etc etc etc....there are no Mayans left!!

And yet on the official Guatemalan website, Grandfather Cirilo Pérez Oxlaj is mentioned as 'el maestro maya' or the Mayan teacher and has been given the post of Ambassador of native towns.

Link to Website

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I urge everyone to take every word of Drunvalo's with more than a grain of salt - make it a pinch, even a tablespoon... I followed him and his work when he 'first' appeared in the circuit and had everyone doing circles, literally.... I used to work with some of the presenters at these expos and know people who worked directly with him behind the scenes who confirmed what I suspected - he's full of himself and makes this stuff up as he goes along. His stories go on and on and on and on and never get anywhere. He spends forever talking in circles (a lot like Richard Hoagland does), keeping you believing "something" is going to be revealed, but it never is. I sat through his lectures, talked to him in person, and documented his videos and while he talks a good story, he's not a prophet or special as much as he'd like everyone to believe of him.

His predictions? I'd be surprised if any came true - same with Sean David Morton, another incredibly self-absorbed ego-maniac who is no more psychic than you or me.

Just my two cents. There are far more credible people out there who have done Real Research and not relied on their egos and imagination to hold an audience. My pet name for him has been Melcheesiedek for decades. No substance, people, no substance.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kshaund]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Pointless post.

[edit on 28/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

you're being pretty harsh. what's he saying? that earth goes through cycles, including ice ages and pole shifts. that as humans we can maybe speed it up or slow it down a few years but it's gonna happen regardless. we know pole shifts have happened in the past though we don't know the exact process, at least experientially. the mayans claim to know, and their info is: it goes fast, feels strange. people are apt to panic. drunvalo says to live in your heart, don't live in fear. that everything will be fine. if this shift happens, don't get scared, just wait for things to settle down and do whatever needs to be one afterwards. in the meantime, go on with your life. be present in the moment. live in your heart, pay your bills and make plans.

i don't see anything controversial in this advice or "prediction". I don't see any harm can come of following this. we have far worse fear mongers in the likes of al gore who is making billions off the results of his crusade. science is fine and interesting but the earth is far older than we have history for. we don't know everything. maybe things will happen that we won't understand. maybe the won't.

what exactly are you disagreeing with in any of this?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I'm just cautioning people who go gaga over every word Drunvalo utters - "in my opinion", none of his work is original and his stories are stories, not based in real experiences despite what he says. I'm being harsh? Just being honest. If people want real information, there are better sources. If people are fine with warm and fuzzy and believing he is who he says he is, that's their choice - I just posted my two cents worth because I don't like seeing anyone being taken advantage of or wasting their time...

I don't believe he is in touch with Mayan elders. I don't believe his out of body/mind experiences. I think most if not all is completely made up altogether or at the very least embellished to the extent to keep him where he is today - still doing the circuit and selling his stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

What I find scary is that so many people seem to go deaf and blind and oblivious when somebody tries to even just point out his "misses", including a very recent one.
This mentality of random picking and choosing what and when to believe and when to turn a blind eye to FACT, no discussion, no argument, doesn't sound too healthy to me. Such people can be talked into *anything*.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

This mentality of random picking and choosing what and when to believe and when to turn a blind eye to FACT, no discussion, no argument, doesn't sound too healthy to me.

what fact are you talking about, that anybody has been asked to turn a blind eye to?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

In this particular case the fact that no one in the thread seemed disposed to acknowledge, let alone discuss the fact that he was (as per another thread, called "The Waitaha Prophecy") certain something "pivotal" would happen on August 15 2009, so much that he even traveled to the area where the event was supposed to happen.
If it did happen, nobody noticed it.
That's all.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

oh yes, i know about that. certainly nothing happened that made any news i heard about, but that doesn't mean nothing happened. what i mean is, an ice shelf breaking off or something. personally i'm not interested in the predictions so much as trying to understand what the heck reality is all about. but i agree that the 15th was a big disappointment for most of the world. I, on the other hand, had a birthday party that day so it was a big one for me! not world shaking by any means but personally very satisfying!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

drunvalo never actually said he was convinced of anything on Aug 15th 2009. all he did was state a "maori waitaha" prophecy that was given to him the last time he visited New Zealand.

This was never his prophecy and all he ever said was that it would be interesting to see if anything would happen.

But he has put himself on the line with the "end of times 2007 - 2014"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-8-2009 by grantbeed]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join