It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celante estimates a revolution takes about 1/3 of the USA to wake up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't know who this guy is, but he's full of crap.

The fact that you think he's full of crap confirms that you have no idea who he is. Maybe you ought to do a bit of reading on the man before you state that he's full of crap.

He's the only one to date, to prove, time and time again, that he's full of all sorts of things, but crap is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
No possible way there's going to be a "revolution" in this country any time soon. I hate to be condescending but the idea is laughable. In ten years, I very much doubt that I'm going to be saying "Wow! Did I ever have it wrong."

This nonsense is mostly a right wing fantasy -- they keep trying to create this idea that somehow we're all upset (I mean absolutely everybody) now that we have a liberal black president. And we have to "take back" the country, you know, "OUR" country (CODE: white corporation butt kissers)

Methinks they've been doing a little to much teabagging, but I see no harm in it. When conservatives talk about "revolution," I get a smile on my face and say, "Uh oh. we better watch out. We're in big trouble now. Those conservatives, gosh, they talk so TOUGH!!"

They're fun though. And when I get enough of them into a room, I love to say, in a hushed voice, "hey, you know, I think this country is teetering on the brink..."

I know. It's mean. I'm an arrogant jerk when I do that. But it's partly their fault for being so easy to set up -- for SO wanting rubbish to be true.

Nice try, but all the race cards and political innuendo on earth won't help you now...

This is soooo above left Vs. right political thought...

This is about human dignity and liberty...

You are kept clueless by all the crap passing as news these days, I suggest you spend less time watching Olbermann and Chris Mathews, and more time studying history

[edit on 9-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
America can be overtaken by 1/3rd of the population that disagree?

hmm

no, America can be overtaken by 51% whom disagree with how things are run

and vote.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
reply to post by silent thunder

What I am about to say is the absolute truth .....

ONLY when Americans give up their FREEDOMS for a FALSE SENSE of SECURITY, when all aspects of FREEDOM are gone and they recognize the Advent of their own Slavery to the Systems of Corruption ..... then and only then when they have nothing left .... will they RISE UP and take their country back from the Tyrannts and their supporters who have destroyed and dismantled their FREEDOMS.

That's very poetic but consider the end game. How would foreign Governments handle the break-down of the United States of America? Would they view our broken nation as an Opportunity or its disheveled citizenry as Opposition?

Its foolish for you to have so much faith in our fellow Americans. How many times where you cut off in traffic last week? How many times have you told someone 'No' who asked if you could spare him some change? How many times have you been upset that your favorite contestant of Survivor was voted out? People don't care....they wouldn't care if Hitler's twin brother took office tomorrow - as long as the individual stands to gain they would sign any Faustian deal presented to them. We all know this to be true. If the country was great and we all had nice jobs and nothing to fight over we would be in direct conflict with the very essence of human nature.

My point is - there are no Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln or George Washington's that will cross the Delaware to save us all at the moment our rebellion triumphs. This is not based in reality. If you stood at your city hall and said such things you would be arrested. If the 'rebellion' was won and you stood there with such poetic claims of success..how would you contend with the hundreds of thousands of other citizens striving to take control or lead what's left? There wont be T.V., cell phones wont work...who has any sort of radio equipment or the know-how to make it function? There will be no nation wide communication. Suffice it to say, you wont have anything but individuals fending for themselves if the SHTF like everyone here seems to want.

I'll gladly remind everyone that this isn't a movie. This isn't some Choose Your Own Adventure where you can turn back a page or two and have a 'do over'. You speak up and you will be shut down. You don;t think message boards like this are monitored, your mistaken. They know what you buy at the bookstore and they know who you call. We should be doing everything we can to see the S never HTF. For your sake and the sake of everyone and everything you love.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I still havent seen the video. Dont need to. Ive read on revolutions enough to understand.

Is 1/3 enough? Sure. 1/20th is "enough" to "start" a political revolution. Victory is another question.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A revolution is unnecessary. We have the power.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day. I was getting a bit down by thinking there's no where near enough people waking up to make any difference, but then I thought I wonder how many other people are thinking the same thing. I was thinking maybe most people who are awake don't discuss it with people around them due to fear of ridicule. But what if there are more people awake than we realise? Maybe this is due to the media blackout on this subject so that we automatically assume we are alone. If you look at conspiracy videos on youtube and look at the amount of views you will notice that most of them are in the tens of thousands.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't know who this guy is, but he's full of crap. Revolution happens when enough people are convinced that they have nothing to lose. There aren't that many people.

Here are the REAL poll numbers:
www.rasmussenreports.com...

Rasmussen Reports - are polls that reflect voters only.
Gallop Polls - are polls that reflect everyone as a whole.

According to the Rasmussen Report:
31% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President.

39% Strongly Disapprove of Obama

Gallop poll numbers don't mater. Rasmussen Report is the true measure of where Obama is with actual voters. Everyone else who does not vote doesn't mater during an election.

Obama is losing with voter. It might only be a mater of time.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is truly a time for a much needed Revolution. So how do we start this vital step back to Freedom? We form militias, plain and simple, this is our God given and Constitutional right. Next we look for support from the military itself; there will most likely be many service men who will not serve a facist/communist government, these are critical allies in such a time as they are trained to kill and most civilians are not.

We cannot respect the authority of this present government if we believe and serve the true laws of the land as set down by our fore fathers. The Declaration of Independence requires us to throw down a tyraneous government and start over. The simple fact that seals this as truth is, the fact that this government is imposing the same policies and types of laws as the king of England did when the Declaration of Independence was written. If you are doubting this, just read the Declaration of Independence thouroughly and notice the list of crimes that the king of England commited. These are the same things going on right now in USA.

So I say lets wake this giant and get this over with, because I can't wait until I can exercise Freedom and Liberty in my life.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Fear plays an important role in warfare. As a weapon, it is most effective. 15 people could technically start and overthrow the goverment. How only 15...? Use your imagination.

Its getting 15 thats the hard part.

-Ze'Jesta

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
does anybody have any info on the workers that killed their boss over layoffs, I keep trying to find it on news outlets and all i find is an instance of this happening in china. Is that what he is talking about?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting find, there is a lot of truth in what is said in that interview.

Revolution?

I'm not sure how successful it can be, but it needs to be well organized, there should be no mistake this government has got to be stopped.

The expansion of government has been going on for several decades, and really took off during the Bush administration, and has accelerated under the Obama administration, if the American people want to find motive to revolt, or need to be pissed off simply look at the most recent legislation, first the stimulus plan, the cap and trade bill, and now health care reform.

Educate yourselves, when you see what and who benefits and profits most from these bills and who pays for it ultimately, you will know your place in all of this, and you will not like it.

It is no wonder this administration is seeking to build a civilian national security police force that is "as well funded as the US military".

If enough people wake up to what is really going on here, there is going to be real trouble, especially if they can get all of these bills passed and signed into law.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We have a poster talking about God given rights to form militia - what for , for revolt. The New Testament put an end to fighting and violence. So this God given right claim is out.

With another poster advising us to 'Use our imagination'. Still, the act of revolution is nothing more than fantasy.

An intelligent, realistic review of the status of our country and what could be done can not be discussed here it would seem.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
America can be overtaken by 1/3rd of the population that disagree?

hmm

no, America can be overtaken by 51% whom disagree with how things are run

and vote.

But voting could easily be rigged if the right people are paid off. A revolution would simply ensure that people play a fair game at the end.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

Ok... first, your not to well informed on the workings of communications....second, you think that we should sit in our corners and whimper like little children....third, you think we should walk 6 miles aroung the big bad bully down the block, just to save face.....
I have put these in the terms of a scared little child, affraid to face conflict.
Let me turn you on to a little secret....we are not alone....many former and current soldiers and officers, police, dea, cia, fbi,irs, border patrol and yes Homeland Security people are within the ranks.
Do you actually think 80-100 million people are going to run through the street yelling revolution...please...it will happen fast, sure and with purpose. Wake up and smell the coffee....most of us won't know it happened until the it over.
So, just sit in your little corner and shut your eyes....hoping the big bad bully leaves you alone.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde
That's very poetic but consider the end game. How would foreign Governments handle the break-down of the United States of America? Would they view our broken nation as an Opportunity or its disheveled citizenry as Opposition?

No worries, read a little history of what Japan, China and Russia have concluded about invading the continental US...

Its foolish for you to have so much faith in our fellow Americans. How many times where you cut off in traffic last week? How many times have you told someone 'No' who asked if you could spare him some change? How many times have you been upset that your favorite contestant of Survivor was voted out? People don't care....they wouldn't care if Hitler's twin brother took office tomorrow - as long as the individual stands to gain they would sign any Faustian deal presented to them. We all know this to be true. If the country was great and we all had nice jobs and nothing to fight over we would be in direct conflict with the very essence of human nature.

You are sadly mistaken...that's why this thread exists in the first place, people do care, and Americans aren't as bad as you think...

My point is - there are no Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln or George Washington's that will cross the Delaware to save us all at the moment our rebellion triumphs.

Utter BS...great people rise to the occasion...just because you've never heard of them makes no difference...they are all around you.

This is not based in reality. If you stood at your city hall and said such things you would be arrested. If the 'rebellion' was won and you stood there with such poetic claims of success..how would you contend with the hundreds of thousands of other citizens striving to take control or lead what's left? There wont be T.V., cell phones wont work...who has any sort of radio equipment or the know-how to make it function? There will be no nation wide communication. Suffice it to say, you wont have anything but individuals fending for themselves if the SHTF like everyone here seems to want.

Do you really think that Government is really all powerful??? They will fall like the house of cards that it is...the government is composed of PEOPLE...yes individuals, just like you who won't follow every hairbrained order that is given to them...even government workers aren't complete zombies....most of them will join in

We don't NEED centralized government for ANYTHING!! We will do just fine without them...imagine that...we can govern ourselves!!

I'll gladly remind everyone that this isn't a movie. This isn't some Choose Your Own Adventure where you can turn back a page or two and have a 'do over'. You speak up and you will be shut down. You don;t think message boards like this are monitored, your mistaken. They know what you buy at the bookstore and they know who you call.

Ooooohhh....I'm shakin' in me boots.....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We should be doing everything we can to see the S never HTF. For your sake and the sake of everyone and everything you love.

Your fears are overblown, but let's just say they aren't for a minute. What price would you pay for your children and grandchildren to live truly free? Is it possible without a little risk? Is it worth it?

It may not be worth the risk to you, but it is for others, so sorry to ruin your comfortable life, but your grandkids will thank us!

[edit on 9-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde

We have a poster talking about God given rights to form militia - what for , for revolt. The New Testament put an end to fighting and violence. So this God given right claim is out.

Yaaaawwwn....another Pauline falsehood....WRONG....

If your gonna quote any part the Bible,especially the NT, at least read it yourself first..without anyone holding your hand to tell you what it "really says"

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a revolution is a total waste of time. Who would we replace Obama with ? Sure we might get a Ron Paul or a Jesse Ventura in there. But eventually we will end up right where we are now.

allow money to exist and eventually it will be used to corrupt a new govt.

The system we have is flawed. Its based on consumption. Products must fail and we must consume, consume, and consume some more. All this just to keep people working and paying into the system.

Until the system changes and we get rid of money no revolution will fix things.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Right On Roland...you put far better then I could.....It amazes me how people think about this.....they automatically go into MadMax mode. The toppling of the current government will be fast and furious, hey like a movie
...No on a serious note, most average people will not even know it happen until the day after tomorrow.....oh no another movie

Peace!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

You mention 'In our ranks' - in the ranks of your Revolutionary Army? Is this more fantasy?

Respectfully, I agree with everything that's been posted here in this thread. I am just offering the simply question that no one has answered and that is ...

We see the state of the Country, the economy and our communities failing. Talk of a revolution is empty as you know there is so greater identity for people to associate with in regards to drawing a line in an 'us versus them' scenario.

There is no need to insult me, claiming I am a child afraid in the corner. Is that your frustration in not having my response being,'Yeah, I've got my guns lets go a shoot'in' That's ridiculous. You can't even identify a common enemy. Who would you remove from position to regain the freedoms you've lost? Your local bank teller? She/he is just trying to feed his family doing a job that puts food on their table. The police? Is every police man and women the common enemy of the American Citizen? Is it the school teachers that fail at educating our children? Is it the President, he is just one man...one man, that's it. I doubt one man can be the cause of Americas complete declination. Is there a list of people that need to go before America regains its self? Or is it the breakdown of the family, loss of moral integrity and personal responsibility to blame? Who gets shot in this case?

Remember hurricane Katrina? That's all your desired rebellion will amount to. People scrambling to feed themselves and random acts of crime. Talk of rebellion is fun and entertains us as any movie would - but no one here considers the fact that if SHTF you wont be able to trust anyone, safely walk the streets or simply turn on the lights in your house. So perhaps, in the fantasy your the one scared and in the corner. Or would you be one of the roaming self-whorshiping heroes committing crimes for the greater good of the American populace that .... doesn't even know you exist. The sad thing is if the SHTF and you stood up and said you have all the answers hundreds of people would be there telling you that your wrong and vying to remove you from any position of authority you may have. Again, this talk of organized revolution is nothing but fantasy. A fantasy it would seem you have a lot of fun with.

The Rodney King riots is another good example of the point I am making. In mass histeria people, hungry people become dangerous and everyone at this point would be a threat. Everyone would be striving for themselves and the U.S.A would be the last thing on their minds. Don't be so naive that some mystical 15 or so people could go in and remove the evil unknown elements that are bringing America down would be as success either. As soon as the power structure that is currently in place is removed another set of like-minded people will quickly take their place. So as to say your revolution would only require approximately 15 people because 'in your ranks' IRS, FEMA, FBI, CIA, DEA, Etc. are all rearing to jump in and throw their lives completely off course is incredibly simple minded and absurd.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join