It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celante estimates a revolution takes about 1/3 of the USA to wake up

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I don't know who this guy is, but he's full of crap. Revolution happens when enough people are convinced that they have nothing to lose. There aren't that many people.

That's how you know you're part of the other 2/3.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for Celente to be right about something.

All of his predictions so far have been wrong. He predicted total societal collapse as 2009 progressed, and nothing of the sort has occurred.

Also, there will be NO "revolution", until the standard of living in this country resembles Zimbabwe, or Haiti or Madagascar.

This hysteria is all the provindence of a lot of people who are bored and have a lot of time on their hands. While I think things MAY get worse, it would stand to reason that they would, it sure isn't shaping up that way.

-- Justin

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

CUBD1, I agree. The country is no where near where it has to be for any sort of revolution to take place.

I also noticed your links in regard to any Underground Base in AZ. I am in Colorado and there was talk a while back that underneath DIA (Denver International Airport) there is a large underground base. If it wasent known that Norad was there - could you look at Chyenne Mountain, in Colo. Spgs.(possbily the entire mountain range) and tell if there was a massive underground military base there
This is off topic so I'll end it there.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by daniel815
And what this revolution be about? What would be the ultimate goal? And, please don't tell me "We want the goverment back in the hands of the people" because that's just a cliche.

Great question Daniel815. I have asked this question to the pro-revolution commentators within this thread and they only offer insults and no real answers.

They haven't the foresight to consider what a revolution requires or would cost the people of this Country.

Oh, I think not, Mr Hyde...

I've considered at great length what the cost of upsetting the present Ponzi scam would cost.....I tore apart your knee-jerk argument line by line on page 3 of this thread....go back and read it again...

There is the distinct possibility of a bloodless revolution...all that is needed is for 10% of taxpayers to realize that there is not ONE line in the current federal tax code that requires private American citizens to pay federal income tax....think on that one as long as it takes you to realize the implications...

Look... civil disorder, economic strife, and mass starvation are just around the corner for this country anyway.....in case you were unaware, we are in the beginning stages of the GREATEST DEPRESSION...

The US is looking at devolution and balkanization as a best case scenario over the next 10 years REGARDLESS if there is some form of civil war or not.....and there is a good chance that folks who believe in human liberty will have a section all to themselves.

You are welcome to keep the current Ponzi-system that you are so fond of....nobody intends to force you out of your socio-political slumber against your will, so sleep away...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1
I'm still waiting for Celente to be right about something.

All of his predictions so far have been wrong. He predicted total societal collapse as 2009 progressed, and nothing of the sort has occurred.

Also, there will be NO "revolution", until the standard of living in this country resembles Zimbabwe, or Haiti or Madagascar.

This hysteria is all the provindence of a lot of people who are bored and have a lot of time on their hands. While I think things MAY get worse, it would stand to reason that they would, it sure isn't shaping up that way.

-- Justin

WRONG....

He correctly forecast the '87 market crash, the collapse of the USSR, the tech bubble crash and the current housing bubble implosion...

Next?

LOL, the shills are coming out of the woodwork in this thread

[edit on 9-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If the 1/3 did have a revolution, the other 2/3 will help the government to stop it.

This is what I'm going to claim.

The U.S. and China will go nuclear war within the next 10 years.

Right or wrong in the future, I need evidence that suggests that a 3rd WW will start.

Celente needs to show some math.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
RE Are Americans ready to actually revolt?

My own small survey results say YES

I made a flyer based on a posting I made I made to ATS HERE that stated:

"THE SOLUTION TO THE FEDERAL DEBT

There is a solution.. and it is just one word..demand that your state legislators move to
SECEDE
Let the unconstitutional "federal" criminals keep their "debt" and let "We the people" place them into those FEMA Internment Camps and then prosecute them for crimes and high crimes, including violation of their oath of office to support and protect the United States Constitution, while wringing every last dime they stole (and gave away to their rich banker pals to run up the stock market, and pay 80 billion in bonuses [AIG, etc] while refusing to loan money to homeowners) out of them until they are the ones begging on the street corners of Chicago...

Whenever government becomes destructive of these ends (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness), it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government.
Declaration of Independence of the American Colonies, 1776 see Secession.net

The topic of secession was recently in the Wall Street Journal just a few weeks ago!

"Not surprisingly, a lot of folks in the land of Jefferson are taking a stand against an approach that stands to make an indebted citizenry yet more dependent on an already immense federal power. The backlash, already under way, is a prime stimulus for a neo-secessionist movement”

Written by a Son of Liberty from Virginia"

I showed it to 18 people and got enthusiastic support from 16 of them, and requests for more copies and expressions of desire to print more of them to hand out from 6 of those 16.

Only 2 people considered it hopeless - 2 clerks at a a Radio Shack...

------------

Forget the US Congress, or Federal elections, we have to lobby our state governments to begin legislation to seceed from the neo-fascist Federal government.

The formation of a new Union and the resulting bedlam will likely not be necessary... but perception of a strengthening Secessionist movement MIGHT just be met by some real reforms, by the crooks in Wash Dc, and I grew up there... they are 99% crooks and the few who try to be honest are KOOK-I-FIED.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by seataka]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by daniel815
And what this revolution be about? What would be the ultimate goal? And, please don't tell me "We want the goverment back in the hands of the people" because that's just a cliche.

Great question Daniel815. I have asked this question to the pro-revolution commentators within this thread and they only offer insults and no real answers.

They haven't the foresight to consider what a revolution requires or would cost the people of this Country.

Oh, I think not, Mr Hyde...

I've considered at great length what the cost of upsetting the present Ponzi scam would cost.....I tore apart your knee-jerk argument line by line on page 3 of this thread....go back and read it again...

There is the distinct possibility of a bloodless revolution...all that is needed is for 10% of taxpayers to realize that there is not ONE line in the current federal tax code that requires private American citizens to pay federal income tax....think on that one as long as it takes you to realize the implications...

Look... civil disorder, economic strife, and mass starvation are just around the corner for this country anyway.....in case you were unaware, we are in the beginning stages of the GREATEST DEPRESSION...

The US is looking at devolution and balkanization as a best case scenario over the next 10 years REGARDLESS if there is some form of civil war or not.....and there is a good chance that folks who believe in human liberty will have a section all to themselves.

You are welcome to keep the current Ponzi-system that you are so fond of....nobody intends to force you out of your socio-political slumber against your will, so sleep away...

No real substance, just more insults. If you call the simple questions I asked towards the beginning of this thread a knee-jerk argument, I think you make the evident point that all you are is board and in need of a hobby.

There are well more than 10% of the people in the U.S. that have concerns with the amount of Taxes they pay. Legal means are being followed and the political process that we have in place address many of these concerns. That's not at issue here because people are not organizing any revolt over this point. Why, because the standard of living here is not as bad as it would require for any sort of revolution to take shape.

Balkanization and civil war? Are you wanting to start up one of those now as well? You think that through your revolution/now civil war new Nations will form here? This goes right back to the fantasy I mentioned in each of my previous posts. We would have to lose a World War and be divided like Germany or something similar to South Africa or the Balfor Declaration. This is so speculative it brings us right back to the realm of fantasy I mentioned before.

You seem in love with the idea of revolution. You want to make changes, run for office. You don't need to live within some day-dream to give your life purpose. As you grow older and no revolution takes place you will look back and wonder why you wasted so much energy and time in the hopes that your Country falls to ruin.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Only 5% of the colonists actually took part in the 1st American Revolution of 1776.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.standeyo.com...

this cop seems to feel it coming too....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i think, if it were proven beyond a doubt 9/11 was an inside job, people would revolt.

What about the Obama's damn birth certificate issue, that would do it right there if that is proven to be fake and he was not eligible to be POTUS.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
Only 5% of the colonists actually took part in the 1st American Revolution of 1776.

The world of today, with the ability to communicate across the world in seconds changes the playing field. If - and I know this plays in to the speculation game of 'lets start a revolution' people of this country turn on one another (because there is no foreign enemy in this revolution) and we start to kill each others family members and friends who picks which sides to be on?

Do you see my base point here? There will be no revolution because there are no identifiable side in which to stand against. Would it be the haves versus the have-nots? How will this battle be fought? Who would feed you? There would most likely be complete breakdown in city infrastructure. Try living a week without electricity and running water. You would most likely go in to a depressed stooper if your Internet access was lost.

Who, how and when would a new government be formed? The majority of people in this Country do not even know how the current Government works. How would foreign Governments respond to the American revolution? How would they react or even recognize this. How could I have forgotten the U.N. what role does the U.N. play in your revolution fantasy? What about the global markets? If America falls apart then the entire world would suffer economically, if the entire world is broke how do we recover? Is it a trip back to the Dark Ages? All this does is emphasize the point that its so far from reality its comical to discuss any farther.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

No real substance, just more insults. If you call the simple questions I asked towards the beginning of this thread a knee-jerk argument, I think you make the evident point that all you are is board and in need of a hobby.

There are well more than 10% of the people in the U.S. that have concerns with the amount of Taxes they pay. Legal means are being followed and the political process that we have in place address many of these concerns. That's not at issue here because people are not organizing any revolt over this point. Why, because the standard of living here is not as bad as it would require for any sort of revolution to take shape.

Balkanization and civil war? Are you wanting to start up one of those now as well? You think that through your revolution/now civil war new Nations will form here? This goes right back to the fantasy I mentioned in each of my previous posts. We would have to lose a World War and be divided like Germany or something similar to South Africa or the Balfor Declaration. This is so speculative it brings us right back to the realm of fantasy I mentioned before.

You seem in love with the idea of revolution. You want to make changes, run for office. You don't need to live within some day-dream to give your life purpose. As you grow older and no revolution takes place you will look back and wonder why you wasted so much energy and time in the hopes that your Country falls to ruin.

Yaaaawn...please

It is apparent that you have great difficulty in wrapping your mind around what I'm trying to say here....(that is not an insult, you have clearly demonstrated that it is a fact)

Please reread my posts as many times as it takes you to understand them...and then post your response, not post then read...you're starting to embarrass yourself..

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Can we agree to stop using the word Revolt? Can we agree on Riot instead? Revolution is not at all likely. Where as something similar to mass rioting is.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

All this does is emphasize the point that its so far from reality its comical to discuss any farther.

No, it just emphasizes your inability to see the point...

Very simple....If you are for human liberty = GOOD GUYS
If you are for human sacrifice = BAD GUYS

The object is to use any justifiable method at ones disposal to make the bad guys quit enslaving good guys...get it?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Can we agree to stop using the word Revolt? Can we agree on Riot instead? Revolution is not at all likely. Where as something similar to mass rioting is.

A revolution is a somewhat organized attempt to overthrow those in power.

Mass rioting is disorganized discontent and panic.

I'd say that mass discontent and panic are what's about to occur.

Now if there was an organized attempt to bomb and topple the tv transmitting towers and cable tv satillite receiving dishes in serveral major american cities at once the result might trigger mass hysteria. So let's just hope that something like that doesn't happen.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

All this does is emphasize the point that its so far from reality its comical to discuss any farther.

No, it just emphasizes your inability to see the point...

Very simple....If you are for human liberty = GOOD GUYS
If you are for human sacrifice = BAD GUYS

The object is to use any justifiable method at ones disposal to make the bad guys quit enslaving good guys...get it?

Per your suggestion I reviewed page Three of this Thread. I reread your post and it still lacks a point based in fact. Now I read this post and still no real means in which you plan on identifying a common enemy for the American people to stand against in your revolution. So please, as I have asked, provide some clarity to your point of view.

- Who and by what means will an organized revolution take foot and last past a week in this country?
- Who will fund, feed and shelter your revolutionary army?
- Who will lead your revolutionary army? How will it be structured? Where will your supplies come from, Dicks Sports? There are no foundry's/skilled work force/factory to produce what your army will need to fight its revolution.
- How does your revolutionary army identify those that commit human sacrifice?
- How will you communicate with other nations in efforts to seek their support once fighting begins?
- How will you communicate with like minded individuals across the country when communications are cut.
- Who is the identifiable enemy that your revolutionary army will face? Are they fellow Americans?
- Do you believe Americans will organize and fight one another under a recognized leader in todays world of interstate commerce and trade? Not to mention how families are stretched all over the country. How will you convince people to kill one another?
- How will a replacement Government be put in power? Who will lead, what will laws be based upon? What body will enforce these new laws? Are you currently working with a team of people to ratify a new Constitution? Will a Constitution even be needed in your new Government?
- Do you believe self-governance would supply food for the masses? People are too dependant on the current system to work towards feeding themselves. You try it for a month. See if you could grow a garden and hunt food to feed the people that live on your block. What about clean water?
- Who will rebuild the country?
- Will reparations be paid to the impoverished?
- What about the monetary system, what will be used as money? As money is what I think your revolution is based on. Or are you serious about human sacrifice?

Not one of these questions will be answered - because this is all fantasy.

The utter simplicity of your statements remove your credibility. I'm not even going to give credence to your GOOD GUY, BAD GUY human sacrifice comment. I admit to the silly nature this thread has resorted to. You want to stop human sacrifice, you need a revolution to do that. I can't argue with that.

Watch out Zombies for the next 13 miles!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE

i think, if it were proven beyond a doubt 9/11 was an inside job, people would revolt.

What about the Obama's damn birth certificate issue, that would do it right there if that is proven to be fake and he was not eligible to be POTUS.

Eye of Eagle

if its proven who will know or care ?

the gulf of tonkin incident has been proven to be a lie. And the Vietnam war is probably the most violatile episode in american history.

Yet you dont see former hippies in the streets protesting. They were bought out by the bankers

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE

Eye of Eagle

if its proven who will know or care ?

the gulf of tonkin incident has been proven to be a lie. And the Vietnam war is probably the most violatile episode in american history.

Yet you dont see former hippies in the streets protesting. They were bought out by the bankers

Another solid point from Admriker444.

It seems as though people want any reason to take to the streets. Its as though life is that boring and meaningless and people need a cause.

If Obama is not qualified to be President, he would be impeached and or removed from office. It doesn't mean there would be riots or revolution. I think his Birth Certificate and relationship to Odinga are very questionable. Why hide something if there is nothing to hide. People wont take up arms against the Government over this point either though.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

this kind of revolution would be extremely difficult.

The non-violent way works well sometimes. Look at Iceland. Last year the people there said enough and literally shut down the goverment.

It simply took the masses going to the streets and demanding the goverment step down

They werent too busy watching American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. They stood up and took non-violent action.

Its a matter of numbers and cooperation. If the masses stop cooperating the goverment cant do anything about it. If 5 people refuse a mandatory swine flu vaccine, they end up in jail. If 5,000,000 refuse the goverment will be screwed. There arent enough soldiers and police to arrest that many people.

However this is a moot point. I stand by my belief, revolution is just an aspirin for a tum in your head. Its not even close to a permanent solution.

The banks will buy back their influence with whoever wins control. And those banks will be there to lend money to help rebuild things. And they likely will be the ones we used to pay for weapons. Its win win for them.

we must remove the monetary system to create real change for a better world. a revolution didnt change a dam thing in Iceland

[edit on 9-8-2009 by admriker444]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join