It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celante estimates a revolution takes about 1/3 of the USA to wake up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX America can be overtaken by 1/3rd of the population that disagree? hmm no, America can be overtaken by 51% whom disagree with how things are run and vote.

And if it is all rigged? Then what?

It can be taken over with 300,000 armed, trained, organized and well led Americans. Especially seeing as how many of our troops are overseas as it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoptics
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

Mr. Hyde, Mr. Hyde....I think the doctor needs to come out in you, the Hyde side is just that...HIDE. Fantasy and more fantasy of your making, do you really think this country is headed for great times? If you actually beleive this then you are dead wrong. I wish you all the luck in the future and hope your fantasy comes true.

You can't answer the questions I posed. I didn't expect you to. This revolution fantasy is all yours Ufoptics...I'm just asking you to explain it a little more clearly and to define it with a little more thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
If 1/3 of us are angry, then it only takes one major event to trigger the revolution. Unfortunately, 1/3 of us are not awake, which can only happen after we are angered by what's goin on. This means that before we see any positive change effected, we will have mass hysteria and unrest. Think of how many of you were angered when you first started to realize how messed up the system really is. In your anger, did you come to a good conclusion? Or did it take a few years of research and anylitical thinking to come to your current worldview conclusion? Imagine suddenly everyone realizes how f'ed the system really is all at once...

I agree 100%. Mass hysteria and unrest would rule if anything other then what we are used to takes place.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm Ready

Second Line

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I had a feeling that you didn't understand.....if you have to ask you don't know. Do some reading, research and get back to me....I'll be happy to discuss it futher with you then.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoptics
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I had a feeling that you didn't understand.....if you have to ask you don't know. Do some reading, research and get back to me....I'll be happy to discuss it futher with you then.

I'm under the impression we are currently having a discussion. I have posed reasonable questions you continue to ignore.

Am I wrong to assume you wish to discontinue this discussion Ufotopics?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

I agree there has to be a better way than to use money,i dont know what it is but i am open to suggestions.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think Americans are selfish, 85% of the world would fight for a life here.

You know why there isn't a revolution in China? Because people are happy that life is getting better there, even though they won't reach the American lifestyle for another decade.

The second poster is right, if people are well fed, they will not rebel.

Give me a reason to support your revolution. I feel safe here. I would not feel safe if I was living in Afghanistan or some other small country that the U.S. would normally pick on.

What are we sick and tired of? Police? We have the best policemen in the world in my opinion. Taxes? We have relatively low taxes compared to the rest of the world. Food? We will never run out of food. Freedom? I don't see what's wrong with not allowing people to use drugs.

If you think you're being screwed by the government and elites here, look elsewhere.

This is life, if you hate the elites, join them. I swear, once you become a doctor or businessman earning over $250k you will hate the poor.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

i suppose you are ready for the masters to crack the whip. then there is no hope for you. i feel sorry for you. may whatever god or higher power you believe in be with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Mr. Hyde was there, whispering in the ear of Ghandi and MLK. They did not listen. Mr. Hyde told Bruno, Galileo and Copernicus, " No, Wrong, You cannot, It's impossible!" They did not listen. Mr. Hyde told them at Nuremberg, " We were just following orders." They did not listen. Mr. Hyde was in Berlin, he said, " This wall will never come down." They did not listen. Mr. Hyde says, " Start the Revolution without me." Are you listening?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

He noted in a recent report that it would take about 1/3 of America to get angry emough to "take it to the streets" in order to formulate a true revolution.

A bunch of angry people running around screaming in the streets and causing civil disobedience (like all the minions planted by the health insurance giants and the neocons in the town hall meetings) is not going to solve complicated world problems! Only smart people can solve problems and not this 'wild west' mentality we are seeing cropping up in America.

BTW, Celente has missed many past predictions (some just recent). Many are just pissed because they got it wrong and the economy is doing better anyhow.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomerdude
Mr. Hyde was there, whispering in the ear of Ghandi and MLK. They did not listen. Mr. Hyde told Bruno, Galileo and Copernicus, " No, Wrong, You cannot, It's impossible!" They did not listen. Mr. Hyde told them at Nuremberg, " We were just following orders." They did not listen. Mr. Hyde was in Berlin, he said, " This wall will never come down." They did not listen. Mr. Hyde says, " Start the Revolution without me." Are you listening?

I think you can see those wanting a 'revolution' are in the minority here. Die_another_day who posted above makes a series of valid points.

America is still the best place on Earth. Only in the U.S. will you find the morbidly obese among the impoverished.

I would advise getting a hobby and stop your desire for the country to collapse. You want shoot-outs and violence join the Military.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by admriker444

I agree there has to be a better way than to use money,i dont know what it is but i am open to suggestions.

i wont pretend to have the answer but technology is the key in my op.

first off, we let everyone have whatever they want (within reason). want a meal from a fastfood chain, just go get it.

Now people would argue well if we can just have all of our needs met people wouldnt work. This is only partly true.

People likely wouldnt want to continue to work jobs like digging ditches or cooking french fries at Mcdonalds. However in a different world, they wouldnt need too.

We have the technology today to automate most jobs. We dont though because of costs and the repurcussions of putting people out of work.

There is no need for truck drivers to deliver food to that Mcdonalds. There is no need for someone to unload those trucks. no need for someone to cook those fries. no need for someone to take your cash. and no need for someone to hand them to you.

This could all be handled with technology.

So the only real labor needed would be creating further advancements in technology and building the stuff. And people would gladly do this because it would directly benefit everyone.

There would be no shortage of help. Look at all the manpower currently wasted on jobs that wouldnt exist in a world without money. irs, accountants, advertising, public relations, financial planners, all of wall street, banking, etc. Millions of talented human beings could be used for so much more rewarding jobs for society.

most of your attorneys and judges and prisons go away as most crime goes away with no money. robbbery, gone...drug dealing, gone....

most crimes involve money or a lack of it. even the few people who kill because they are mentally unstable would be identified early and treated. rather than slip through the cracks because the parents couldnt afford to send him to therapy.

millions of people currently imprisoned are done so because they put a substance into their bodies. laws restrict this because certain people only want you paying for their substances. and the people taking them are anxious to escape this bleak world.

we waste such an incredible amount of talented humans because of money.

We also waste tons of resources because of money. products are purposely designed to fail. If a windshield wiper lasted forever we would have no need to buy another. we could take it and use them for every car we ever owned.

Our govts dont even hide the fact that our products must fail to ensure the system works.

Look at the electric car in California. The govt repealed forcing car companies from making them in CA because the dam cars worked too well. They didnt need tune-ups. They didnt need oil changes. They didnt burn gas. So our monetary based system said surpress that technology and use cars that fall apart and damage the ozone.

our medical industry is a joke because of money. millions of people working to push papers around and keep people from receiving medicine because it costs too much. and look at the effort made to research cold medicines but never cure diabetes or cancer, no money in a cure.

there is plenty of resources to meet our needs and it need not be a bleak world. we all could have 3,000 sq ft homes with pools and gardens and the best education for our kids. medical breakthroughs no longer surpressed would let us live longer and healthier.

it really would be a better system than what we have now where 1% of the world lives well and 80% wake up hungry without clean water.

to summarize this all, we only need to answer one question....

do we have the RESOURCES to house, feed, clothe, provide medicines, and educate every human on this planet ? The answer is yes we do.

we choose not too because of money, an insane system

to respond to the op, no revolution will work as long as money exists. it wont solve the underlying problems.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And what this revolution be about? What would be the ultimate goal? And, please don't tell me "We want the goverment back in the hands of the people" because that's just a cliche.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel815
And what this revolution be about? What would be the ultimate goal? And, please don't tell me "We want the goverment back in the hands of the people" because that's just a cliche.

Great question Daniel815. I have asked this question to the pro-revolution commentators within this thread and they only offer insults and no real answers.

They haven't the foresight to consider what a revolution requires or would cost the people of this Country.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

That the best you can do? Put words in my mouth and then argue the points I never made? Nice try pal, peddle it down the street where they buy that baloney.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Something to think about. Don't be so bold to so that this or that can't happen. I have seen things happen in the last year that I thought I would never see in my lifetime. Also, the idea that there aren't enough people to have some kind of revolution, I don't believe there has to be some magic number. The mood for this to happen is ripe for the picking. There are masses of people running out of unemployment benefits soon. For many, this is all they have.

As Celente has said many times, "when people lose everything, they have nothing to lose" To me, there are millions who are close to losing it all, and they are going to be looking for someone to blame. Any spark will do to start the flame.

Anything can happen anytime--believe it.

link   
reply to post by chiron613

On balance, with this maniacal administration in charge, we have far more to lose by not revolting and just sitting back, accepting their nonsense and settling for the "necessities" of life they will be so kind as to still allow us to have....the people of Cuba apparently get by with just the "necessities", right? And they seem to be doing just great down there, huh?

Lock and load...

link   
Thanks for making my point Boomerdude.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Two valid points made above. I don't think a revolution is out of the question. I agree in that hunger and the cold will be very strong motivators for action.

I agree that something will likely happen. I don't think an organized revolution is one of them though. I would think the most likely outcome or forecast of what to expect would be crime increasing to a point at which Martial Law is put into place.

To openly call for an organsized revloution is nothing but wishful thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join