It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Stop Believing!? (Deity)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

You didn't answer my question.

What would it take to make you believe that 8+9=10093?

Or in the context of this thread:

What would it take to make you stop believing 8+9=17?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I am not sure how that question is related to this post that I just spent 30 minutes making? Here I will link it for you again because my feelings are hurt. I put a lot of time into it. The least you could do is comment on it?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

On a personal level i think that hell is just a place where God isn't.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I believe because I've had many ghost experiences and what not. So I know theirs an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I could handle that. That doesn't sound so bad compared to Hell for all eternity. Could someone still go to heaven though and just not to get to meet God in your belief system?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by jon1

That is hardcore. To not even be able to question what you believe without being tortured in Hell for eternity?

Does not leave too many outs. Believe or Hell.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

Once again this is coming from the angle of believing through faith alone.
When you ask God into your life with a sincere heart, he leaves no boubt in your mind that he is real.

So what is there to question about his existance?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

Speak for yourself. God is kind of absent from the little bubble I live in. I asked God for proof many times with sincerity and have not found any. It is impossible for me to NOT question God's existence. My final conclusion is that the reason that my sincere requests for proof go without being proven is that there does not exist a God.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

What is there to comment about?

Are you looking to actually understand, or promote a view point? If you are looking to understand, then answer my question. If you are just looking to promote a view point, then focus on the weakest link.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Oh man I about about to tear up. That really hurts me. Why would you intentionally hurt my feelings like that Badmedia? Are you trying to make me cry? Do you just want to tear my heart out?

30 Minutes Badmedia.

30 Minutes I spent on that post only to have you cast aside like a day old Subway sandwich like Jarred's fame. Like a cotton candy that fell in the dirt at the county fair. Like it means nothing to you. Like I mean nothing to you.

We are at a threshold. At a crossing point. I do not want it to end like this. I want us to make it work. Try with me BadmediA. Don't you quit on me.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

reply to post by jon1

Speak for yourself. God is kind of absent from the little bubble I live in. I asked God for proof many times with sincerity and have not found any. It is impossible for me to NOT question God's existence. My final conclusion is that the reason that my sincere requests for proof go without being proven is that there does not exist a God.

Maybe that is the problem.
You are asking for proof of his existance instead af asking him into your life because you need him.

Knock and the door shall be opened.
NOT, knock then run away and see if anybody comes to the door.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by jon1]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I don't need God. I am doing awesome! I would hope that God would need me. Searching for his lost sheep to complete his flock. Wanting to find his lost Son. Wanting to be together. Like I said though it was not meant to be.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by jon1

I don't need God. I am doing awesome! I would hope that God would need me. Searching for his lost sheep to complete his flock. Wanting to find his lost Son. Wanting to be together. Like I said though it was not meant to be.

Just like you don't need an ambulance because you haven't been run over yet!!!!

God does need you. He needs you to help in his ministry here on earth.
He needs you to tell other people of his existance.
Not from a soapbox or on the street corner but by your actions and words. Humbly and not to ridicule others for not believing.

Oop's. nearly got on a soapbox myself then.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I am ALL about spreading the word of God high and far. All I require in return is a little bit of proof.

I would be the best ministry spreader that ever existed!

I do not ridicule others for believing, I ridicule them for not questioning. As was apparent from my AWESOMELY amazing 30 minute rehash of what was said in this entire thread. It really bothers me that it is so conveniently ignored.

1) Everyone who has faith to all lose faith.
2) God saying that he does not exist.
3) Death and no afterlife.
4) Stars creating DNA
5) Nothing will change belief

That summed up the combined questioning of 34 different posts from believers in a Deity.

I do not know how to even begin to explain that. Fear, stubbornness, denial, not caring about questioning? You tell me because I am at a loss.

I mean come on. Stars creating DNA? I was forced to put that in there? God saying that God does not exist? That is truly sad.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

We're saved through faith, not proof. God wants people to accept Christ on their own because they want to, not because they have proof.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by jon1

I am ALL about spreading the word of God high and far. All I require in return is a little bit of proof.

All's that God asks for is a little bit of faith, as big as a mustard seed i believe. Now that is pretty small and i think thats all i had when i asked him into my life.

But believe me when i tell you that two days later i was in no doubt that he had entered my life.
From then on i was on a rollercoaster of a ride for quite a few years. I am not as active now as i once was but i will allways tell others about God when asked.

He changed my life and those of many other people that i know.

All through my christian experience i have had questions but not knowing the answers has never watered down my faith. I just put those questions to one side and get on with life.
Then as events happen i find that those questions are being answered, not all questions can be answered with words. Experience plays a large part of knowing God.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Exactly....what you know.

That is the truth. The truth is the only thing that can get people to stop believing in fairy tails nor does it need to be quoted from any book.

I gave the examples from the bible more so for Christians to see that they worship what they don't know. If Jesus can't explain it to them, no one will.

Peace

[edit on 2-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

What? Your avatar should be changed. You make no sense and you avatar doesnt help you much.
You seem to be the type that just likes to argue and confuse.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Originally posted by letthereaderunderstandOriginally posted by TurkeyBurgers

Jesus, the name, is not a name (though it is), it is an action that when you fulfill, you are "Jesus" therefore real and "dwelling in the midst of men".

So, Jesus the name is not a name tho you think it is......apparently an action. OK. when you fulfill you are "jesus" therefore...WHAT? What are you saying exactly?? Make more sense please?
Pretend we are 2 years old, stop talking like that. And take the "whore" out of your avatar beacause you seem to be someone with much conflict.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Originally posted by badmedia
Here's some "out there/external" proof for you Turkey.

utah.indymedia.org...

That is funny!!!

Hah, you aren't. Sound like a troll to me. booo to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Why is it that I have to come up with examples for them the Badmedia?

Not ONE person has addressed issues like Time Travel to go back in time and see firsthand if there actually was a Jesus or if Jesus was the Son of God or to see if Muhammad was really in touch with a Deity.

Not ONE person has mentioned creating a device to look into the future to see if there is ever a "happening" or a "Apocalypse" or an event where God takes souls up into Heaven or a certain number get saved.

Not ONE person has mentioned an Alien Race making contact with Earth and saying that they have been watching us for a Few thousand years and secretly videotape everything and could answer every question that we have.

Oh wait ONE person did. Me, the Atheist who gave TEN examples of what would satisfy him.

It is frustrating to see people SO SO SO adamant about not giving ONE INCH towards the possibility that what they believe could be false.

In fact it sickens me.

I gave over TEN TEN darn examples of what would provide proof for the existence of a Deity.

Why can't they provide ONE?

Why can't YOU provide one Badmedia? Death? Really man? Not existing to even be able to have the thought is proof to you?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could POSSIBLY happen in life could EVER sway you in your beliefs?

I am willing to admit that there could be a Deity. YOU are NOT willing to admit that there could not be a Deity.

I honestly cannot answer your question. If aliens came and showed me a video of the Earth's past, this would not provide me with what I would consider evidence for non-existence. Since non-existence is impossible to prove, there could be no evidence to substantiate that.

However, I will say this:

No person in the history of Earth has been attacked more than God/Christ. Nearly 2000 years after Christ left this world, he continues to be public enemy number one. Think about that for a second if its not too aggravating for you.

If God didn't exist why do so many people put forth the effort to argue it? I mean really think about this... There is no boogie man in your closet, do you spend this much effort trying to convince people of that fact? There is no google monster (fictional word) outside of your window, do you exert this much energy trying to convince people of that?

If you want evidence of God's existence, you need to look no further than to people like you who spend so much of their time trying to convince others that he doesn't exist. Why would a reasonable and logical person waste so much resources to try to convince someone of non-existence? It just doesn't make one lick of sense. The effort you put forth and the adamant manner in which you deliver your message only serves to strengthen the faith of anyone who listens to you. You spend so much energy arguing for something you don't believe exists. This is just not logical.

This very much reminds me of some of the disinformation agents I have seen on the internet. They argue so adamantly about the non-existence of the conspiracies so many people believe in that the only natural conclusion that the other side can make is that there must be truth to their claims, otherwise, why would someone go to that much trouble to try to discredit something that doesn't exist?

No-one in their right mind would invest that much energy trying to convince others that something they didn't believe in doesn't exist; unless of course in some remote recess of their own mind, they had doubts of their own convictions. It is just plain illogical to invest that much energy to try to convince someone of something that doesn't exist and it isn't just you, this has been going on for thousands of years.

I mean really, think about it. If something didn't exist how could it get so many people that fired up for an entire history of a people? That fact alone tells you that there must be something to it.

Typically throughout history, things that didn't exists did not continue as a debate very long, yet for the history of a people there have been those that spend the better part of their lives trying to convince others of the non-existence of God....why?

I really think that is the million dollar question.

In essence all that you accomplish is to strengthen the view of those you are trying to exert influence over, you are in fact the epitome of why people hold the beliefs that you do not accept.

If your the logical person you believe yourself to be, think about that.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

We're saved through faith, not proof. God wants people to accept Christ on their own because they want to, not because they have proof.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Totakeke]

So how exactly, is it possible for the creator of "everything" to want anything ?

Equally so, generally a reason is required for any given action. The action in question, is for an individual creation of the creator of "everything", to accept without question the dictates of another entity claimed to be by others still, one and the same creator of "everything"????.

To act unquestioningly IE believing without requiring evidence/reason (faith) is "not" free will, but a self imposed condition of doing/thinking as ones' told.

This is a ludicrous mind funk that can only make any sense to someone with a mental short circuit. "I want to believe" simply because "I should believe or else" is nothing more than self imposed psychological slavery.

Children believe everything their told without question up to the age of about 8, simply because it can be beneficial for survival.

To continue this mode of thinking or to acquire it in adulthood is probably the main reason that xtianity is considered childish superstition.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join