It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you to Stop Believing!? (Deity)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes good sir that is exactly what you just did. The question still stands because you made absolutely no effort to answer it. You tap danced around it, you attempted to use logic to reassure yourself that you do not have to even admit the question exists.

Hmm I definately fail to see why you think I *danced* around anything. I feel I explained what I think what I think followed by a clear answer.

Everything you just said is ALL based on "The Bible".

Really? I don't recall mentioning the bible even once. No scripture in this one..

SO I ask you good sir if we could prove that the Bible was not accurate would that be proof to you that your beliefs are flawed and need to be reassessed?

Good question, but lets keep this on topic because again as stated above, I never mentioned the "bible"?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Here is the question I have for you (and by the way I am getting sick of doing everyone on ATS's homework here
)

If it could be proven to you that what you witnessed was a manipulation of a false image or a hallucination or an alien mind game or WHATEVER would THAT be enough for you to stop believing?

No. But I don't feel you'll give me room to explain why. So I'll just leave it at that!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That was an error I corrected it was not addressed to you lol sorry. You are just to darn fast for me.

THAT post was for letthereaderunderstand who used Bible versus to explain what he/she believed without saying what would ensure disbelief of the Bible versus.

You are just too fast for me Wookie. As my Drill Sergeant (Training Instructor in the Air Force used to say) "The quick and the dead, the quick and the dead." -TSgt Hannibal "The Cannibal". Meanest Toughest most gorgeous black woman I have ever met in my entire lifetime. The only woman who could get me excited and scared at the same time.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

That was an error I corrected it was not addressed to you lol sorry. You are just to darn fast for me.

Ah no worries then

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is nothing that anyone could say to destroy my faith in God, just as, apparantly, there is nothing anyone could say to convince you there is one. The step forward we ALL need to make is to stop making arguments about things we can't prove. Why is everyone so obsessed with being right? We are here. Lets spend our time trying to FIND truth, not claiming we know it already.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Simply state what they believe without any attempt to answer the question.

Yes good sir that is exactly what you just did. The question still stands because you made absolutely no effort to answer it. You tap danced around it, you attempted to use logic to reassure yourself that you do not have to even admit the question exists.

In this thread you DO have to answer it. Just answer the question. It is cool that you just explained what you believe.

NOW here is where we learn.

Everything you just said is ALL based on "The Bible".

SO I ask you good sir if we could prove that the Bible was not accurate would that be proof to you that your beliefs are flawed and need to be reassessed?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

Why can no one understand what I am saying, speaking it clearly?

Truth is easy, why can no one understand this when it is in front of them every day? I know the answer. Because they are evil, not being satisfied with the life they are given for free. They are whores and seek payment for what ever it is they are pushing, but I tell you that truth is what you know, and you say I speak falsely? You speak against yourself.

SEE TRUTH, THE THINGS YOU KNOW ARE REAL...simple as I can put it, or wish your life to death.

The smallest seed comes from your body....Plant it and move mountains or toss it and die....your choice, but I promise, not one invisible God will save you from yourself.

"I know this because Tyler knows this." - Fight Club

Peace

[edit on 1-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Only by sacrifice of yourself, to bear young and put forward life, will you "See" your life go forward.....and a child shall lead them because children are always the head of the body of God. Innocent having no sin.

I really love it when people like me, who are condemned to a life of loneliness and are made to feel like complete manure (actual word would be censored)- are made to sound like we have less of a future and life than what's already been leveled on us. Thank you. Thank you ever so much.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The question still stands. If the Bible that you quoted in your post could be proven totally false would you stop believing in God?

Since you put a few Bible versus in your post I am making a hypothesis that your faith is based on the Bible?

It is simple a REALLY simple question.

Here is about as simple as I can possibly phrase Republican's question.

If the belief system that you base your faith on can be proven false would you stop having faith in that belief system?

If that belief system was experiencing a Guardian Angel, or a prayer that was answered, or a miracle you witnessed WHATEVER it is.

IF that could be proven false would you Stop Believing in your current belief system?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Turkey what you dont seem to get is its like love, youve either experienced it or you haven't, before you have no one will be able to convince you truly there is a god, and after no one will be able to convince you otherwise.

I believe life is a portion of god, I would be extremely skeptical of any corporeal being turning up claiming to be god and demanding worship.

Badmedia already summed up very well what my feelings on a creator entity are essentially, and in a similar vein it would take true non-existance for me to change my mind about it.

I honestly do not understand how people can look at the universe and not see the hand of a creator, I mean sure random chance of ordered reality being formed is random, but there are just too many rules in place.

So to answer the question, nothing will stop me believing ( i dont believe in scripture), but things may help to raise my understanding of the situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Only by sacrifice of yourself, to bear young and put forward life, will you "See" your life go forward.....and a child shall lead them because children are always the head of the body of God. Innocent having no sin.

I really love it when people like me, who are condemned to a life of loneliness and are made to feel like complete manure (actual word would be censored)- are made to sound like we have less of a future and life than what's already been leveled on us. Thank you. Thank you ever so much.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by wylekat]

Hello wylekat, I'm not sure if I made you feel this way, but all I am saying, and this is truth, is that life goes forward with life. I have no children, nor does my girl want to have them period, yet this does not change the truth. Life feeds on life...always has, and always will. This should in no way loose your life, but that is your choice.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maj35t1cI2
Nothing will make me stop. You sound like you've got personal problems if you care that much what other people believe. I consider myself pretty intelligent, 130 IQ, good body, healthy living style. I know in my heart God is real and you are the definition of evil if you want to take that thought away from anyone. Have a great life and God bless.

No offense but, I understand nothing will make you stop, that is why it's mainly called a 'delusion', an irrational belief that cannot be altered or changed.

I have alot of personal problems, and so do you, and so does everyone, I don't see how that's relevant.

My IQ is 147, great body, poor diet. Makes no difference.

I am evil, wow, my ego is huge!

I care alot about what other people believe.

I mean, it'd be pretty upsetting to you if you woke up one day and nearly everyone thought aliens inhabitated all of Saudi Arabia.

Of course that could be proven to be false, but heck lets the moon, you cannot disprove it.

Yet you find it irrational, wouldn't you want your brothers and sisters to be a more logical people?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The question still stands. If the Bible that you quoted in your post could be proven totally false would you stop believing in God?

Since you put a few Bible versus in your post I am making a hypothesis that your faith is based on the Bible?

It is simple a REALLY simple question.

Here is about as simple as I can possibly phrase Republican's question.

If the belief system that you base your faith on can be proven false would you stop having faith in that belief system?

If that belief system was experiencing a Guardian Angel, or a prayer that was answered, or a miracle you witnessed WHATEVER it is.

IF that could be proven false would you Stop Believing in your current belief system?

I believe in the truth. I have no religion other then abusing myself. What would it take to make you see what is in front of you?

The bible is a book. You are more then welcome to do anything you want with it. Burn it for all I care.

If I needed it, It would of been attached to me.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hundreds of billions of galaxies, each harboring tens to hundreds of billions of stars, with billions to trillions of possible planets in each galaxy....not to mention the possibility of uncountable life forms, and that our universe may be merely one universe amongst a hundred billion other ones.

Atheists believe what, that all this just happened by itself? Matter and energy just popped into existence inside the vast and dark void? Life just happened to have slapped a ride on some random comet, or our early Earth´s oceans were just stirred so long that life just "evolved"?

For me, it´s flat out impossible. God is the creator. No matter what though, we will all find out the ultimate answer

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is this.

I gave at LEAST ten examples of what it would take to convert me to a belief in a Deity.

I have only seen like TWO religious people step up and take the Pepsi challenge.

And I think each one of them gave ONE example of what it would take.

And I think a few people said Death which come on, If you asked that question to an Atheist and that is the answer they gave you it would be equally as sorry.

That is the equivalent of saying NOTHING will convince me.

Saying that at Death if there exists nothing is basically saying that you will not exist anymore so there would be no one to prove it to.

Cop Out.

Cowboy/Cowgirl up and lay a claim to the goldmine.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Why ask the question if you are only accepting your own answers?

You are upset because I told the truth, rather than lieing to you? You are calling me the cop out, when you are the one who refuses to accept certain answers?

[edit on 8/2/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseinhisglory
There is nothing that anyone could say to destroy my faith in God, just as, apparantly, there is nothing anyone could say to convince you there is one. The step forward we ALL need to make is to stop making arguments about things we can't prove. Why is everyone so obsessed with being right? We are here. Lets spend our time trying to FIND truth, not claiming we know it already.

You are the truth, know it. With everything else, prove it.

Lift up a rock, there you are. Cut down a tree, there you are. Fly in a plane, there you are.

Know who you are, it's not who you were.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Fact of the matter is this.

I gave at LEAST ten examples of what it would take to convert me to a belief in a Deity.

I have only seen like TWO religious people step up and take the Pepsi challenge.

And I think each one of them gave ONE example of what it would take.

And I think a few people said Death which come on, If you asked that question to an Atheist and that is the answer they gave you it would be equally as sorry.

That is the equivalent of saying NOTHING will convince me.

Saying that at Death if there exists nothing is basically saying that you will not exist anymore so there would be no one to prove it to.

Cop Out.

Cowboy/Cowgirl up and lay a claim to the goldmine.

Exactly....what you know.

That is the truth. The truth is the only thing that can get people to stop believing in fairy tails nor does it need to be quoted from any book.

I gave the examples from the bible more so for Christians to see that they worship what they don't know. If Jesus can't explain it to them, no one will.

Peace

[edit on 2-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here's some "out there/external" proof for you Turkey.

utah.indymedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What will it take for you to Stop Believing!?

Nothing can make me stop believing in God or Jesus Christ. No amount of your so called "logic" nor any amount of your so called "evidenence" will make be stop believing. I pray for you all to seek God's logic and God's evidence.

Having an abundance of earthy knowlege without having knowlege of God is like having a bicylcle with no wheels. You can get on and peddle but you can not go anywhere.... Melissa101

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join