It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rafale is the best !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
First, in regards to the Rafaele, this aircraft what I have read and heard about it, is an excellent choice in fighting against today's current airplanes (i.e.-F-16, F-15, MiG-29, Harrier, etc.) I believe it would have at least a decent chance, if not more than that. However, i do not believe this aircraft would be a comparable adversary to recently introduced and projected aircraft (i.e.-F-22, Su-37, Su-47, JSF, Typhoon) or against the Russian Flanker Family already in service (i.e.- Su-27M, Su-30, and Su-33). This aircraft doesn't strike me as a very powerful, nor very well rounded. I see it more as a A2A plane than a multirole airplane. Sure it can carry an ASMP nuke, but realistically that doesn't seem too practical or wise...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i did have all the facts cool
i should have said earlier and im not that young im 16!
how can they be wrong cool? theres multiple sources to claim it.
just wonderin why does every american think the UK is england?

I can't prove that they are wrong till you show me where they are.
Every American things England is the UK, you have it backwards.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

i did have all the facts cool
i should have said earlier and im not that young im 16!
how can they be wrong cool? theres multiple sources to claim it.
just wonderin why does every american think the UK is england?

I can't prove that they are wrong till you show me where they are.
ask and u shall reccive my man ,it does drift a bit this thread

yf23 data

Every American things England is the UK, you have it backwards.

i really dont know why every 1 think that
i mean we invented everything aka scotland

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
hahahaha scotland INVENTED ??

maybe that's why all these tornadoes collided to eachother overthere !
on their english flightplans they scrapped all inventioned places !

oh you silly english boys..when are you going to grow up ??

i am thinking of emailing the english queen and telling her about the "invention of scotland"

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Scots are responsible for a large number of inventions, yes, and they do have a propensity for engineering it seems. So perhaps they invented themselves?

Seriously... isn't this thread about the Rafale and not Anglo-Saxon politics?

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
yes of course it is !
pilots of the rafaele probable could'nt find scotland on their maps !

so how will tyou compare them ?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wasn't the greatest engineer of all time was a Scotsman?

www.scifi.com...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
no gods you seem to think that any aircraft not invented by the USAF is crap yes no?
the rafale may not be the best but at least its there
seconly u might not know this but you have cause more of our aircraft to be downed than enemy fire.
but frankly when did any of our tornados crash into each other? never not 1 incident has been reported

and at least we save our own operatives rather than getting every other country to save them

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
at least 6 lost.
4 low level recce
2 above sea

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
oh lord......

As far as the YF-23 - 2 were built (1 with each type of engine) it had a slightly smaller radar cross section and was a bit faster then the raptor, while the raptor was a bit more manueverable and cheaper to build/maintain. I preffered the black widow, but when you look at how few the US is getting, maybe they made the right choice going for the cheaper aircraft - it's not like there is anything that can match it in the near future anyway.

the Rafael is not in the same league with the EF, F-15, F-18, Su-whatever, much less the new planes the US has coming out like the JSF and F/A-22 or the Russian experimentals.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
but anyway none of the two can't even reach (forget touch) the new stealth generation of modern aircraft !

R + E/F reminds too much to the old fashioned M.D. MILAN / MIRAGE 4000 !

over paid, too late produced obsolete scrap !
they can't catch up with performance,armaments and strategic operations
unless the governments intend to use them as "sitting ducks" ??

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
hmm let me see the JSF/f22 what are they designed for = stealth
EF+R what are they designed for = mulitirole NOT stealth so i dont see why u think we should judge them against the best STEALTH fighteres in the USAF
both fighters are designed to do a job and frankly if they dont do the job well thats the military's problem and also you cant slag any 1 about having bad jets cause u have just as many bad jets as good jets

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

hmm let me see the JSF/f22 what are they designed for = stealth

BZZT!!! Wrong.

The 22 was designed for air superiority missions. Stealth was added to the requirements list after the success of the Have Blue program. Then Congress made it a multirole aircraft to justify expenses.

The JSF is designed for multirole missions. Kinda of like the Crapale or Typhoon, only the JSF does it better.

Can't we just let this thread die? You are all starting to sound like fools. I try to resist correcting you, but it is too hard.

[Edited on 24/5/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
really? i didnt know that the f22 was designed specifically for air superiority THEN the stealth was added
i thought they just wanted a stealth fighter
yeah lets let it die and cool stop insulting us its not very nice

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
sell them to the air force of luxemburg or monako !!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

really? i didnt know that the f22 was designed specifically for air superiority THEN the stealth was added
i thought they just wanted a stealth fighter
yeah lets let it die and cool stop insulting us its not very nice

Yep, when they knew it would work they added it to the equation.

BTW, I am not insulting you. If I were going to insult you I would say that you do not know jack from sh*t. If you think that was an insult you need to grow some thicker skin.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
devilwasp is an insult that came alife !
i think this would fit in the aliens threat

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
gee thanks no gods i never knew u cared
also this is comeing from the guy that thinks magnetics make an EMP
also can i ask WTF is your problem I try to compramise at least a bit BUT noo you cant be no u have to be a standard average NED and just insult every!

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Rafale just beat the F_1_ Block 52 by 6 to 2. And it was just training without most of the advanced electronics advantages of the Rafale.

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ok heres my view on it.

The French did a good job with the Rafale as for being a carrier launched fighter I will give them it for having the best one right now. Superhornet would put up a decent fight though nothing else carrier based would have much of a chance honestly.

I think in a dogfight the Typhoon should just edge it out but it's closer than a lot of people would imagine and depending on pilot could go the other way but as the Typhoon isn't carrier based not really the same class despite the similaritys.

F35 I'm not certain at this time so I'm not going to even predict I suspect in a dogfight it will be beat though it's best chance is BVR.

F22 yes of course it would knock out everything mentioned in a one on one it is the top fighter I don't think anyone will argue with that but let's not forget it isn't much use from an Aircraft carrier.

Conclusion the two best jets in the Air are the F22 and the Typhoon but neither is much use from a carrier so kudos to France they made a plane they can be quite proud of.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Shamanator]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join