It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rafale is the best !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
no sane head of an airforce wil even consider to buy rafaele or eurofighters planes !

forgotten the M.D. MIRAGE 4000 ? nobody wanted it !

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
yeah sure and i suppose YOUR sane USAF comanders where on top form when they proposed the comanche program?
also u think the eurofighter is so bad then y is it the most advanced jet in the sky?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
technology EF/R is obsolete !!
too late and too expensive on the markets !

Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) just look to this up to date jewel ! see the shape ! see the cockpit !

as the saying is:fly with the eagles or scratch with the chickens i could alter this to:

fly with the newest high tech stuff or scratch the earth in your obsolete garbachetruck

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
technology EF/R is obsolete !!
too late and too expensive on the markets !

Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) just look to this up to date jewel ! see the shape ! see the cockpit !

as the saying is:fly with the eagles or scratch with the chickens i could alter this to:

fly with the newest high tech stuff or scratch the earth in your obsolete garbachetruck

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

exscuse me? the eurofighter has the most advanced fly by wire system avalible
secondly the JSF is only useful in A2G it has a limited A2A capability but the eurofighter would make short work of it
just admit it we europeans actually built a decent plane and u cant accept that
the JSF is the most advanced the EF is over 4 years old the JSF is the latest so dont start any of that cause i can just say the YF23 would kick its arse and any othr plnes arse

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i view the entire thing as "how battle-ready" is the aircraft ,
i would NOT put my money on the EF/R !!

military aircraft are not fabricated just for airshowperformances with some colourfull smokecannisters on the wingtips and with making some loud noises flying by to the astonished crowd by just taking up some (allowable speed now but not as it was before by JUST staying under mach 1 doing low passes at airshows in the 60's and 70's as i remember filming them and when you almost could see the "air split/explode" by going supersonic)

so the real performances are to be examined on the aerial battlefield !
and EF/R do not get good points ! even the british and the french government do know this.

rafaele practises on a/c carrier were also no big succes !

if factories are too late to evolve with new technologies
and to make sur they have the right people with the right knowledge of it...than you stay "scratching with the chickens" instead of "flying with the eagles"

all militairyjet customers all over the world for sur will NOT buy the EF/R and this will kill the projects.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
exscuse me u just grade an aircraft by how well it fights?
u dont grade it on tech?manoverabilty? speed?
well then u dont know planes well
it may not be good for cariers but its a damm fast and agile plane
the first plane with super cruise
can pull of high turns greater than a f15 at mach speeds
and u say the british gov dont like it ? bull shizen
we dont have many of em because tony blair is diverting our money somewhere
also the ef is a fine aircraft better at BSR than any other fighter except the raptor and YF23 but it was close only by 9 points

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
exscuse me u just grade an aircraft by how well it fights?
u dont grade it on tech?manoverabilty? speed?
well then u dont know planes well
it may not be good for cariers but its a damm fast and agile plane
the first plane with super cruise
can pull of high turns greater than a f15 at mach speeds
and u say the british gov dont like it ? bull shizen
we dont have many of em because tony blair is diverting our money somewhere
also the ef is a fine aircraft better at BSR than any other fighter except the raptor and YF23 but it was close only by 9 points

God, you are really starting to get annoying. Can you please form complete sentences when you make your points. And while I am at it, can you please not rely on faulty figures when you do make your points (it wasn't the first plane with the ability to supercruise).

Did it ever occur to you that your own administration has shifted money from the Typhoon to pay for your version of the F-35 that will operate from your new class of carriers?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
actually COOL the MOD is really underfunded take our shortages in the army. secondly would you rather i type out a 500 word essay instead?

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

actually COOL the MOD is really underfunded take our shortages in the army. also cool we never where going to replace our tornados with tyhpoons. thirdly would you rather i type out a 500 word essay instead?

First, that is your countries fault. Second, who cares what you are going to replace what with. That was not the point of the debate. Third, no I would rather see you use proper sentence structure and grammar. It would make your points easier to read. As it is now like seperating wheat from chaff.

[Edited on 18/5/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Lets calm down ok?

lets just admit the eurofighter is a decent plane ok ?
it might not be the best but at least its up there thats all i can say

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Lets calm down ok?

I am calm, what makes you think I am not?

lets just admit the eurofighter is a decent plane ok ?
it might not be the best but at least its up there thats all i can say

No, I can't admit that. It would be a decent plane if it were compared to say an F-5. But to put it in the same category as the F/A-22 or F/A-18 E/F is just ridiculous.

It took way too much effort to get that plane realized. The only reason they kept at it was that none of the countries involved could design or make that plane on their own.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
why cant u accept it ? the reason they stuck with it is because it is a good plane and im not trying to put it up against the bloody raptor ! secondly the EFT is designed as a small light fighter not something compared against a super hornet.

i wouldnt recomend a job at the UN for u

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ahum...there seems to be a big problem for the JSF that britain ordered in the USA !!
NOBODY seemed to have taken in account the full combat ready weight of the airplane when it is on an aircraft carrier !
the JSF can NOT operate now from english a/c carrier. too heavy !
options ??
cancel the buy for JSF and pay fine for contract tearing up ?
or...
a new billion dollars a/c carrier ??

did i mention the word SANE in british air force chief staff ?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
actually they have taken it into account how can the plane be too heavy for a carrier launch ? if u mean it falls off into the water as soon as it launches then that would mean ur US MARINE versions would do the same

DONT CALL THE UK ENGLAND THATS BEING RACIST

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i quote here the english television station # 1 :

Last Updated: Sunday, 16 May, 2004, 15:57 GMT 16:57 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Jets are 'too heavy to take off'

The Joint Strike Fighters are due to come into service in eight years time
Defence chiefs have admitted "concern" over a �5bn order for fighter jets that have turned out to be too heavy to take off from warships.
The US Joint Strike Fighters are due to replace Britain's ageing Harrier fleet.

The jets, which cost about �35m each, are said to be 3,300lbs (1,500kg) overweight.

The MoD said the plane's engine was heavier than envisaged, but said "problems like this occur in the early stages of complex programmes".

so you too must have received this english broadcasting news ? no ???

have the english airforce hq never got any knowledge of pre-planning and final planning ??

how can the english act strategic if they make such
deals ??
don't ask me but i for sur will not swimm the english channel

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

why cant u accept it ? the reason they stuck with it is because it is a good plane and im not trying to put it up against the bloody raptor ! secondly the EFT is designed as a small light fighter not something compared against a super hornet.

i wouldnt recomend a job at the UN for u

The Super Hornet is a light fighter, at least that is how the US Navy classifies it.

I wouldn't recommend you for a job teaching English. Are we through with the lame insults now?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would say that if JSF goes against the Euro Fighter the Euro Fighter would be my bet because it has a better A2A capabilities.

But if F-22 goes against a Euro Fighter then I will put my bet on F-22. But for every F-22 there can be 2 Euro Fighters because F-22 it that expensive. I dont really think F-22 can take 2 Euro Fighters on.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
so you too must have received this english broadcasting news ? no ???

nope never heard of this

have the english airforce hq never got any knowledge of pre-planning and final planning ??

actually unlike u lot we actually do plan things and ur being racist here

how can the english act strategic if they make such
deals ??

we are not english get it in ur head. 4 countries in UK. so ur saying that we make 1 mistake that we cant make up stratagies?

don't ask me but i for sur will not swimm the english channel

huh? wtf are u on about swimmin the english channel ?

also if i dont remember you started buildinhg a helicopter then u over spent and had to cancel it that doesnt sound like strategic thinking to me

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
I would say that if JSF goes against the Euro Fighter the Euro Fighter would be my bet because it has a better A2A capabilities.

Only if it is within heatseeker range and outside of gun range. Then, and only then, would the JSF loose.

But if F-22 goes against a Euro Fighter then I will put my bet on F-22. But for every F-22 there can be 2 Euro Fighters because F-22 it that expensive. I dont really think F-22 can take 2 Euro Fighters on.

That is pure bunk. The F-22 would be able to see and engage them outside of their weapons range. There is no way that a EF could get a radar lock on a F-22 that is launching weapons at its max range at the EF. The radar is not that capable.

Out,
Russian

I would suspect that you would need to have at least three EF coming from three different directions before you have a chance against the F/A-22.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
that is because the f22 is the second best fighter in the world nothing can touch it ,well nearly nothing

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join