It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rafale is the best !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a few for testing.

I promise to report fairly and equitably without patriotic lines involved.

The tests will be rigorous so do not be surprised if I cannot return the craft(s) intact.

Address is:
Yrag Kesu
Post Office Box General
Mufa Rufa-Al-Bufa Mountain Complex
Hawaii

Looking forward to doing business.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
haha i think we all wish that

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the typhoon would kick that things ass
the rator is just overkill for that thing

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
people i thought we established the EUROFIGHTER was the best multirole........??????????????????

whats wrong with u guysss......

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
some 1 challanged it i say we call up the govs and get them to settle this ............................ok mabye not
but the eurofighter is the best multirole fighter in the world

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
the typhoon would kick that things ass
the rator is just overkill for that thing

Overkill? There is no such thing as overkill.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ah the great mind of the american military
and people say america is to gun ho

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The F-22 and its variant the FB-22 would eat these little Rafale's as a snack before lunch, once siesta was over with then the real work of going after the SU-35 and 37's can begin.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
The F-22 and its variant the FB-22 would eat these little Rafale's as a snack before lunch, once siesta was over with then the real work of going after the SU-35 and 37's can begin.

In remember, a few years ago, US military was saying the same thing of the F-117......but that's finished !

If I'm right, the Raptor has never been in real fight, no ?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
In remember, a few years ago, US military was saying the same thing of the F-117]...but that's finished !

Wow, they defeated GEN 1 stealth, guess we will have to close up shop on the whole program. It still beats anything else out there (that people know of).

If I'm right, the Raptor has never been in real fight, no ?

How can it? It has yet to be assigned to a tactical squadron.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
In remember, a few years ago, US military was saying the same thing of the F-117]...but that's finished !

Wow, they defeated GEN 1 stealth, guess we will have to close up shop on the whole program. It still beats anything else out there (that people know of).

Actually "defeating stealth" may not actually have been the case. It is known that the F-117's flew the same route at the same altitude at the same time every day...
Rather than actually defeating stealth it seems plausible that the enemy filled the sky with SAMs and the F-117 basically ran into one.

ATS Member RichardPrice:
1. The US using exactly the same insertion route for bombing missions several days in a row. THis gave the Serbians enough time to setup a SAM trap using 20 to 30 GRAIL launchers, there were at least 20 missiles in the air at the time the F117 was downed.

2. The Serbians knew the F117 was coming, due to the fact they had a sympathiser within the Nato command room at the time the mission was being planned. This gave them the exact time the mission was being planned for, but no routing details or knowledge that it was a F117.

Together, this enabled the Serbians to plan ahead and get ready well in advance. With 20 - 30 missiles in the air at the time, I doubt the F117s LO had much chance to come into play.

Altogether, a good show of what Intelligence can acheive. And a good show of what poor planning can cause.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
[Actually "defeating stealth" may not actually have been the case. It is known that the F-117's flew the same route at the same altitude at the same time every day...
Rather than actually defeating stealth it seems plausible that the enemy filled the sky with SAMs and the F-117 basically ran into one.

Where did he get that information from? That is not how I heard it went down.

There are ways to defeat GEN 1 stealth that were available at the time in that area. Further discussion of the specifics would be classified.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There are ways to defeat GEN 1 stealth that were available at the time in that area. Further discussion of the specifics would be classified.

Really?
There are discussions all over the internet about such things...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Really?
There are discussions all over the internet about such things...

True, however I can attest to the fact that they are about 60% accurate at best. That is all I will say on the subject.

Getting back to the F-117 over Kosovo, perhaps you can tell me how a hole in the right wing (I believe) was found to match the same caliber as an AA round and not corellated to a missile diameter?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Getting back to the F-117 over Kosovo, perhaps you can tell me how a hole in the right wing (I believe) was found to match the same caliber as an AA round and not corellated to a missile diameter?

I wouldn't know, again I was offering up what someone else said so I am not prepared to back it up with facts as I usually am with my other posts.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I wouldn't know, again I was offering up what someone else said so I am not prepared to back it up with facts as I usually am with my other posts.

I would like to know where he got his info from so we can solve the issue. I was under the impression that the Air Force accepted the finding of commision that it was shot down by AA and was opticaly tracked via Night Vision.

That line about the same route every day is bunk. No one would be that stupid to use the same route every day for the exact reason of your enemy figuring it out and laying a trap for you. That would be a waste of a perfectly good aircraft.

I think he means that they were ingressing along the same corridor, as the route was restrictive due to overflight rights.

[Edited on 11/5/04 by COOL HAND]

ppp

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"Regardless of a weapons capability, the final effectiveness is determined by the person/organization wielding it. In this case all I have to say is Maginot Line? Germans marching thru the Champ Elysee? How about Paris, destination of World conquers for 1400 years? It's fast and can carry a lot of ordinance but can it fly backwards and make Crepe Suzette?"

Exactly, What use is it if you just going to surrender?

"Making the Raptor and Typhoon the best?"

Yes, they are far superior but arent carrier capable, but they dont need to be if you have a navy like Britain or the US, but its kinda essential if your navy has a habit of being sunk in port *france*

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
oh please dont make me die of laughter. the raptor is THE BEST period

Yes but I hear rummors that it will be canceled . Rafale M is already hear and is much better plan than the teen series fighters. F-18 was joke when it came out....[I still have the AWST debating it] not much has changed?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
lol... I wish, yeah right.

The F-22 has the Rafale beat in all ways. Stealth Technology, Weaponry, ect.

I do marvel at the Rafale's airframe.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
ah the great mind of the american military
and people say america is to gun ho

LOL!!!!

Hey, say what you will, but there is a reason that the US dominates in the military world. We spend the money and make the weapons that will decimate our enemys. In my mind, it has served our national security well.

Back to the originall topic though, this is silly! I'll take the Euro fighter over it much less anything that the Russians or US has in the hanger! Besides, why would anyone care about french military equipment - it'll never get used.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join