It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Gorges Dam in China–Largest in World – Serious Problems? Affects the Whole Earth

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You have evidence that the moon affects earthquakes? LIKE OMFG!?!?! U r so right like how did I not know?!

You already knew I'm being contrary to your statement.

I'm using actual established scientific proof unlike other people. Plate spreading is fueled by convection currents in the mantle. Convergence zones involve either two plates colliding or a plate with less density rising above a denser plate. The moon only moves the water sitting on top, even if there was no water and no moon the earth's plates would keep on trekking.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Do i say "thank you" now or did you misunderstand the "foe-button"...

While being a respected foe may seem like it could be bad, it might not be. At AboveTopSecret.com we know it is important to keep ourselves challenged by engaging in collaborative discussions with those we disagree with.

note the "might"......

Being designated as a foe likely means that CultureD is encouraging you to present further challenges and insightful debates.

Right, got it....

Peace

[edit on 22/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

There is a giant compendium of information from physicists throught history who have measured relativistic shofts in time during eclipses- days shorter or longer by milliseconds or minutes- Google it.

I think you may be confused about the use of eclipses to confirm one aspect of the theory of general relativity. The apparent bending of starlight by the mass of the sun has been observed during eclipses because that is the only time it is possible to do so, the sun being so bright and all. This bending is always happening, eclipse or not, it's just that it can only be seen during an eclipse.

Eclipses do not change the length of a day by minutes, or milliseconds. Nor do they cause earthquakes. They do cause temporary darkness over a very limited area. They also sometimes cause transient, minor, meteorological effects due to the sudden cooling of the atmosphere.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think we can all agree given the amount of discussion on the relation between the moon and the sun on earths tides is indeed a fact.....with that said I have linked a couple of articles and some very cutting edge research out of the University of Utah.

www.moontoday.net...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.lunarplanner.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
reply to post by RogerT

RogerT
There is a giant compendium of information from physicists throught history who have measured relativistic shofts in time during eclipses- days shorter or longer by milliseconds or minutes- Google it.

So what?

The OP inferred that the earth wobbling or slowing down a microsecond or two could be catastrophic to us all.

If, as you say, it happens all the time, why point at it as if it's some big deal??

Sorry, but I don't get it??!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If there is one thing I have gotten used to here - is the personal attacks and people twisting threads to be what they are not.

Just as one member mentioned a Jupiter thread - he/she of course misrepresented what the thread actually was. Which was me asking people to explain WHY I was seeing in many places "how Jupiter Ignited". AT NO POINT Did I SAY It did! I was asking "why" it was on the net.

So, when people come in and totally misrepresent and post falsehoods about me - well - they seem to have some agenda.

In saying that - to let those who are just trying to tear this thread down - and to be something other than what it is...... personal attacks on me - are always from the SAME members - - who also seem to come in at the same time and post one after another to attack the thread and me.

but there are 20 times more members in this thread who have looked at the information provided with curiosity and have learned from it, and have become aware of the dam now.

So, what you say - most of the time I don't respond to - but I will say - if you think it REALLY bothers me it .... well gues what? IT DOES NOT!!

Because there are many MORE Positive postings - and when I do read those who are negative - I can tell - most did not even bother to read the OP. It seems the posts are simply what they are, because it is a thread I created.

OH - yeah - guess what? I will not be intimidated by you - I will continue to do what ever threads I feel I want to do to what ever subjects are of interest and I feel may be of interest to the other members of ATS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! I AM -

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have to say that the criticisms I'm reading of the OP are unfounded and mean-spirited. The OP has invested a large amount of time and effort to provide the information and links she has shared. Nowhere do I find doom and gloom predictions, especially not that the dam would fail. Yes, she said there are *cracks* in the dam, but she clearly stated that these cracks, if properly repaired, don't pose a threat to the dam or the people living downstream from it.

The OP's posts were well-written and interesting, with facts cited to and links to other sites provided, for those who wanted to chase down more details.

The fact that so many others here make alarmist, unsupported posts that predict horrible things will happen, doesn't mean that OP was doing this. Read the text.

I don't agree with everything the OP says, and in particular I am convinced she is wrong about at least a couple of issues. Nevertheless, I respect the effort she has put into making this post, her attention to detail, and her selecting a topic that is interesting.

She does not deserve the personal attacks on her "intentions"; only she knows them, and she has clearly stated that she wasn't making a gloomy prediction. And really, it doesn't matter what her intentions were. What matters is whether her facts are correct or incorrect. Leave the mind-reading to the psychics.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Don't forget old Russian saying: Fight with a pig, and you both get dirty. But the pig likes it...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I can tell - most did not even bother to read the OP. It seems the posts are simply what they are, because it is a thread I created

this sad because since i register on ATS this what i feel, some dont read the op and they start there bla,bla ,bla just flaming and destroying, it's a debate and we are here to learn and share knowledge this is the reason i register on ATS, now QA have made a very good job and she explain to us many thing and others give there point of view and it's a constructive way to learn and for the time she take to explain we should respect and take time to read and give good argument, if you have nothing solid to say do like me you read and learn and search.

and i dont talk only for that OP but many here do a great jobs that's the reason i like to read them and participate.

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great work, questioningall! I never grow tired of reading your research! Keep up the good work in getting the truth out for all of us to read easily!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap. The OP did in fact suggest that the solar eclipse was going to bring the dam down. Nobody read anything into it, and all you have to do is take an honest look at the first few posts and it's right there plain as day.

It starts out exactly say that it is related to the eclipse thread. But now everyone who associated it with that is now suddenly wrong?

Why? Because the Eclipse is going across the Three Gorges Dam in China – and there is information about it, which is good to know. Also believe it or not the Dam affects the World – Earth Wobble.

The OP then goes on about the dam and stating that it is not stable basically. Mentioning cracks, previous earthquakes and sediment deposits.

I decided to REALLY look into the Three Gorges Dam – in how well built it was and the history of it. What I found has not reassured me that this person’s vision was “far out there” at all. In fact it is the opposite, it looks to me (my own personal opinion), that the dam is a major catastrophe waiting to happen.

Now with the longest duration of a solar eclipse in our life time going right over the dam – and the solar eclipse being in conjunction with a super moon – water IS affected – by both those things.

Interesting enough – I had read elsewhere (no not webbot) of Walter Cronkite’s death being a time market for events to begin happening (nope – not good events either – sorry to say).

After this statement, it is followed up more with the map of the eclipse and where the dam is on the path.

So just coincidence that the OP keeps talking about the dam possibly breaking, while making claims that the eclipse is going to have an effect on the water in it and so forth?

Yeah right. All these things were mentioned together for a reason. As the OP can be read by all, and contains all these factors, it's just straight up lies to deny it at this point.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Astyanax

May I ask why you are trying to PERSONALLY discredit the OP? I understand that you take issue with the mathematics, relative to the power of a solar eclipse, but I also suggest that rather than merely citing equations, you also study research that has spanned millenia (and yes, uses algebra, trigonometry and calculus) describing the effects eclipses can and do have on Earth?

The OP has discredited themselves. Not the other way around. If you make crazy claims, you will be called out on them period. If that ever stops, I will likely quit visiting this site.

Do you guys not know what innuendo is?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I read the entirety of the OP's thread, and she never claimed that the dam would break, she merely brought up the possibility that it might, possibly due to the effects of the solar eclipse. Nowhere in the thread did I see her claim anything about the dam breaking.
I really liked reading this thread, and there is enough information in it that it stands by itself as an expose on the irresponsibility of the people who created the dam. But when I read posts on ATS, I don't just want an expose, I want theory and speculation as well, which is what the OP has provided, and I applaud her for it.
If anybody wants to attack the speculative and theoretical aspects of the thread, then feel free, but don't try to mischaracterize speculation of a possible outcome as a concrete claim of a definite outcome.
That said, if the dam broke, my first assumption would be that the Illuminati or whatever you want to call them engineered the event to take place, rather than it merely being an accident of nature or human error. I suspect that the OP would also share this view based on some of the other posts she has written. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, great thread!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Who really cares. If you dont like what Questioningall has to say then dont read her threads.

I for one dont agree with her anti-technological advancement ideologies but do certainly appreciate her well written and well researched posts .

Shes brought to our attention issues surrounding the three gorges damn, even if she didnt show appreciation for the magnificent human accomplishment that it is. Shes brought to our attention various theories surrounding interpreting crop circles, some are man made, others are not. Shes brought to our attention a trend about saying jupiter had ignited behind the sun. Though in hind site they have been proven wrong, at the time they stirred up interesting discussion.

So in the end questionall please dont use any energy replying to the haters, instead keep focusing on bringing us new and very well presented wild and crazy theories. Because thats who you are and you are awesome at it.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
The OP has discredited themselves. Not the other way around. If you make crazy claims, you will be called out on them period. If that ever stops, I will likely quit visiting this site.
Do you guys not know what innuendo is?

Yes - do you?

The OP posted a number of speculations AND actual facts about what could happen with this dam. Questiongall posted various theories and truths about what was going on with this site. NOWHERE , did Questioningall state that this was the "REAL TRUTH" and this exact event was definitely going to happen on such and such date. Furthermore, as far as I read, there were no ridiculous theories about Bigfoot attacking the dam or the Illuminati using it to further their ends. Everything posted by the OP was entirely within the realms of speculation. That's what ATS is about; not final answers - if you haven't figured it out yet.

If you are at this site looking for the 'Ultimate Truth' or some such nonsense then good luck in finding it. ATS is here to enlighten and , maybe, find some real truths. Questiongall contributed to that effort. I know, from my own experience, that I learned something about an issue that I had never been aware of before. That's all I need and I thank questiongall for that. If you need more than that then perhaps you should keep searching...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

May I ask why you are trying to PERSONALLY discredit the OP?

I have already explained that, in my view, posting superstitious alarmist twaddle on the internet is irresponsible and wicked.

I...suggest that rather than merely citing equations, you also study research that has spanned millenia describing the effects eclipses can and do have on Earth?

Could you be more specific? If you cite a reference I should be able to comment on it. No need to confine yourself to the internet - I'm quite well read.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Oh, CultureD 'foed' you, too, did he?

It's about time you and I became friends. I'm pressing that green button.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just as one member mentioned a Jupiter thread - he/she of course misrepresented what the thread actually was. Which was me asking people to explain WHY I was seeing in many places "how Jupiter Ignited". AT NO POINT Did I SAY It did! I was asking "why" it was on the net.

No, you didn't 'say it did' - all you did was dig your heels in and refuse to accept any of the clear proof shown to you by other posters that no such had happened or, indeed, could happen, protesting shrilly all the while that 'it could have happened and we'll never know till Jupiter comes out from behind the sun'.

No-one needs to take my word for it. It's all in the thread.

Anyway, you were proved wrong, nothing happened during the eclipse and the utility of this thread is at an end. And so adieu

For your future reference, Astyanax is male.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Dito!!!

Just when this thread was getting interesting it dies down.....

Thank you for ruffeling it up.

I do believe that CultureD did ask us to....

Being designated as a foe likely means that CultureD is encouraging you to present further challenges and insightful debates.

reply to CultureD

Explain to me then, Oh Cultured one, why nobody seems to be interested in The Three Gorges Dam thread now that the solar eclypse has come and went??

Everybody knew what this thread was about and what hints and suggestions Q made toward the possible collapse due to the solar eclypse and her indian story teller.....

No more direct threat, no more interest and that's how it always goes with these threads....

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You do realize that you are on a conspiracy site that attracts all kinds of imaginative, speculative and paranoid thinking?

The subject of the eclipse was a small part of the information and questions posted by Qall. For you to make the eclipse or previous threads authored by Qall the total sum of the conversations here speaks volumes to the "mind firmly closed" statement you tout on your avatar.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join