It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by shockme

If Yeshua did not die a pure life without sin on the cross for all people and bearing their sins for them, then Satan would win. Death and the creation curse entered through Adam and Eve and there would have to be a "ransom" to bring us back to eternal life, perfect bodies, and Paradise on Earth by His death and Resurrection. So a perfect man sinned to bring creation to a curse (entire universe) and that would mean a sinless perfect man the Son of God would have to take it out. His Name is the only one to be saved by no other. In a Universe like this one, Yeshua would be the only Messiah as only God Himself could possibly save everyone in this sort of state of creation. Do you understand? In order to bring us back to God forever, there would have to be a pure and perfect sacrifice once and for all to end all the useless killing of goats that would never really take away the curse. We know this curse as "every day life" and sweating, bodily needs, pain, and of course death.

EVERY Scripture must be fulfilled. So yes Yeshua is coming on the clouds of heaven.

Anyone who does not believe in the only begotten Son of God has made God a liar.

The book of Hebrews is clear on how He gave His life in place of all the sacrifices.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by watchtheashes]

Again, we have the disturbing idea that there had to be a human blood sacrifice in order to expiate sin. I don't see how Christians continuously gloss over this fact in their belief system. They accuse other faiths of human sacrifice all the time, and yet here they are glorifying the same thing. All they talk about is the death of Jesus lifting their sin; I don't hear as much about what Jesus actually taught.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was trying to clarify a point for the person that asked about why it would take that death to do these things.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
First let me prove that islam is false. Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet this He cannot lie. Jesus said He was God and the saviour, how do Muslims deny this? They claim the Christian Gospel is a false Gospel invented hundreds of years later and the real Gospel was revealed to Mohammed and the real Gospel foretold the coming of himself.

Archaeology has proven that as early as 55AD Christians knew the Gospel we continue to hear today and by which we are saved. Islam is a false religion based on this fact whether Christianity is true or not.

Jesus did NOT say he was God. It is a translation lie to make "christians" believe this.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by '___'eviant

Rats, you made this way too easy -

Choose your source, my friend.

HERE

And don't expect me to sit here and type out all one hundred either.

i did, and here's the first attempt.

Jesus will return (to judge the living and the dead) Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:29-31 Prophecy written: During the first century Prophecy fulfilled: To be fulfilled In Matthew 24:29-31, as well as in other places within the New Testament, Jesus revealed about 2000 years ago that he will return in the future to judge the living and the dead. This is a core Christian belief that is reflected in the Apostles' Creed, which is a summary of Christian beliefs that was written many centuries ago. The Apostles' Creed is recited by Christians during Christian worship services. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org Matthew 24:29-31: 29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

man, i must have missed this one. they claim prophesies that have already come true. sounds more like an alien invasion to me.

Matthew: 16, 28............and do not add to or take away from this..........

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Another point is that if the book of revelations had been written like this:

wouldn't Christianity have so many more followers? My first thought after watching this video was, well people back then didn't know about the rest of the universe and the planets but that thought contradicts the belief that the Bible is the word of God and not man because if it was the word of God it would have been written that way, don't you think?

That question is for evangelicals, but for all you non-evangelicals, how can you choose which parts of the Bible are just symbolism and which are fact? If parts of the Bible are symbolism then what makes you believe that the rest is truth?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

You are right, I didn't understand that she is unwilling to ask forgiveness of her sins. I guess I figured that was just a given.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by nomorecruelty

You are right, I didn't understand that she is unwilling to ask forgiveness of her sins. I guess I figured that was just a given.

Contrary, she believes that she can keep on living how she's living, no matter the sin, and I guess give the 'secret password' of "John 3:16" at the pearly gates.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by watsgoingon?

No one knows when he will return. Only God knows.

But, someone just said that Jesus is God, so he should know................and BTW, the trinity is not a biblical doctrine....so don't use that one.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Learn to let go, hon - God probably has another plan, or plans, for you - but He can't do His work until you let go and let Him.

Can't hurt to try?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

am wondering why just the one line, what would you like me to see? what is the point? i only see a single line, out of context of it's meaning.

I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

1The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

2He replied,a “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ 3and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. 4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away.

The Yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees

5When they went across the lake, the disciples forgot to take bread. 6“Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

7They discussed this among themselves and said, “It is because we didn’t bring any bread.”

8Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, “You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread? 9Do you still not understand? Don’t you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 10Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 11How is it you don’t understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Peter’s Confession of Christ

13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ,b the Son of the living God.”

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter,c and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hadesd will not overcome it.e 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bef bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will beg loosed in heaven.” 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

Jesus Predicts His Death

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his lifeh will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. 28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Jesus was a Rosicrucian...

The Mystical Life of Jesus: H. Spencer Lewis
The Secret Doctrines of Jesus: H. Spencer Lewis:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I apologize for tossing videos and websites out there - I guess I'm so used to throwing up that old defense on threads like this, I forget that some people don't like them and would prefer to hold an actual conversation.

With that being said, I can, or anyone can, talk with a doubter or non believer day after day, but the key is to form your own personal relationship with Jesus. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the way to Heaven and God - Alot of people seem to want to skip the Jesus part and get straight to God but according to the Bible, that's now how it is.
Jesus is the only way that we have to get to God, or Heaven. That is why God sent Him to Earth.

Don't take this the wrong way, please - but I think your bitterness towards the entire 'God/Bible' thing may be working in favor of you. It is causing you to question, to ask and to listen. That is the first biggest step a person can take. Don't listen to other people's opinions if they seem sketchy, not even mine. Read the Bible for yourself - not speed read but take in every word of it. And most important, ask Jesus to open your heart to His understanding.
I said earlier that I fully believe that God only allows the ones who truly seek Him to understand what they do read.

But that's the first step - getting your head in the Bible sincerely - with a mind that wants to understand - not just to find fault or errors or to release any anger that you might have.

I hope that helps - I'm limited in this as I, too, am but a human being.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You're going to learn the hard way. That is what the Tribulation is for. Remember it says that the people will accept Anti-Christ because he will tell them what they want to hear. Especially if eventually he says "sex to become a god" or something similar.

Look at your own signature.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

You are mistaken what's written in the Holy Bible as "my" opinion.

So you aren't debating me on what's written - you are debating God.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To the discussion regarding wylekat's post, and as to why we sometimes suffer in this lifetime I would like to post Apostle Paul's words on it.

2Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

2Corinthians 12:8
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

2Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong

Paul had asked, or summoned, the Lord three times to take the ailment away. Later Paul realized that he was made strong spiritually when weak due to his ailment. Scholars have stated that this thorn in the flesh was some recurrent physical affliction, such as; migraine headaches, eye trouble, (ophthalmic), malaria, or epilepsy have all been suggested, it could have been something of an entirely different nature. Whatever the infirmity was, it weakened Paul, and forced Paul to seek God for strength when he was physically and mentally weak.

We all have thorns we must bear. Some of our thorns are physical hardships and others are mental. Some let their past become mental hardships that hinders their relationship with God. Some of these mental thorns are self-inflected, and only exist because we allow them to exist rather than giving them to God.

There are saints that must bear thorns, saints that have the gift from God for being able to lay hands on the sick, and by God’s grace the sick are healed, but they must bear their own illness or infirmity. They are able to intercede on someone’s behalf, but must bear their thorn of physical infliction. This is the thorn that God chose for them to endure. They are made strong spiritually while enduring or bearing their thorns. It is God’s plan and only God knows the end before the beginning. God is the Alpha and the Omega. Revelation 1:8

When Paul wrote the epistle, 2 Corinthians, to the church of Corinth, Paul did not know God’s plan for using this ailment for his benefit. Paul understood that while weak he was strong spiritually, but he did not know the end, the Omega.

In Paul’s last letter before he was martyred, 2 Timothy, we may understand why God did not heal Paul’s infirmity. In 2 Timothy 4:11, Paul wrote to Timothy that only Luke was with him. Paul wrote this while a prisoner in Rome. Paul wrote this letter knowing he would soon be put to death because of his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Some have referred to this letter as Paul’s Last Will and Testament.

While a prisoner in Rome everyone had left Paul except Luke. Why was Luke with Paul in Rome? The answer may be because of Paul’s infirmity. Luke was a physician, referred to as the beloved physician. Colossians 4:14.

God may not have healed Paul’s’ infirmity so that Dr. Luke would be by Paul’s side when he needed a companion more than any other time in his life. It was God’s plan that Luke be with Paul for strength during Paul’s last days on earth.

No one knows why God has chosen some to bear thorns. If you are bearing a thorn give thanks, 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”. The thorn you bear may end up being your comfort someday, or it may deliver a friend at the most vulnerable point in your life.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
You're going to learn the hard way.

I am in my eight carnation, my disillusioned friend, I fear it is you who will have a rude awakening

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
In the book of John, Jesus says

"I am the Father are one."

And he also says

"My father is greater than I."

Christians love to do mental gymnastics to make this somehow conform to their perfect religion, but the truth is, this is a blatant contradiction. And not only that, it is a blatant contradiction within the same book of the bible. If you want exact quotes, just skim through the book of John in the new testament, it's there.

And as for the messiah comment, I hear it said alot that Jesus was the only person who claimed to be the messiah. This is wrong. Read Hinduism or Buddhism, the Baghavad Gita says that everyone is God. The Upanishads main dictum is "You Are That" meaning you are God. Messiah simply means the anointed one. After all, aren't we all God's children?

I have no problem with Christians, as Christ was a peacemaker and a wise person, I just also know that that doesn't mean Christianity is the one true religion. That notion confuses the point of religion. There is so much religious conflict in the world because everyone thinks their god is the best, when all a religion is supposed to do is teach you to act peacefully with each other. The fact that religion doesn't do this indicates something is wrong, and the main thing wrong is not necessarily religion but politics.

Another thing, if you want to understand the trinity, the best source is not the bible but Plotinus and his metaphyics of the One, the Intellect, and the Soul. This makes more sense than the christians who believe that Father, spirit, and Son are three people in one.

And in that same book, in Revelation, you will find this, as well -

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

So why would you want to direct people to another source that would add to, or take from, what is written in the Holy Bible?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Excellent post - and lest we forget Job - when life gets us down, turn to that guy and what all He went through during His life.

If we had no pain or suffering, we would be nothing more than Stepford Humans - walking around like we we were computer chipped or something - learning no lessons, no moral choices or values.

God uses pain and suffering for His good - but it's all about trust and faith on your part.

I try to thank God every time something bad/negative happens - because that is when I learn something. I know these things happen to get my attention to another issue or area of my life - and in the long run it will be used to strengthen my faith.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
rubberstamp, I know you don't like outside sources so forgive me, but this site has a whole bunch of stories of Christian testimony from people of all walks of life.

They are titled so you can pick and choose which story you want to read. Maybe reading others stories will help you? Won't hurt to try, maybe?

The site is here

I'm reading through some now as well...... a few have sparked my curiosity.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
LOL Ok, rubberTramp....... I thought that said 'rubberstamp'. D'oh

Sorry, my friend - but I hate to call you 'tramp'??

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join