It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
I suggest anyone who wants to play the game of biblical errancy with me to pick your best weapon, because I'm very good at showing you to be wrong.

First, let me ask, if God made the earth in 7 days and Adam and Eve right after, how do you explain the dinosaurs, or the scientific evidence (this meaning backed up by facts not a book that someone wrote which was censored and changed and rewritten over hundreds of years) that the earth is actually billions of years old, the first lifeforms being microorganisms?

How do you explain the fact that Christianity directly mirrors most ancient religions, while Christians claim that it's original and the only true religion? www.youtube.com...

Why should I believe this religion when the way that ancient people got others to believe is by mass murder and fear tactics?

Also, if Jesus died for our sins, past and future, and Jesus is God himself, why would he have to die for them? Why couldn't he just forgive them? If Jesus is God, and God is the judge and jury, this makes no sense whatsoever.

This guy also asks a lot of good questions.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I have no idea what he looks like other than what the Bible describes. It says he used to be an angel of light and a good angel but chose to do evil and was kicked out of Heaven.

Like most, I tend to want to view him as dressed in red with horns but in reality, I am guessing he can appear to us as another Brad Pitt or Paul Newman.

Pitt was raised Baptist and attended church in his upbringing - but since hitting hwood he said that he doesn't need "a" god - he's doing fine on his own.

See how deceptive satan can be?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

actually, that was well said, i can say the same basic thing, although, when i use 'close minded or evil', along with a few other concepts, i'm talking about the action, not the human. there are very few humans i'd call evil, mostly because what we know about them is mostly part lie.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shockme

personally i think alot of it is in the translation from the hebrew calender. like noah for instance, the bible says, what, like 500 some odd years that he lived?

also, what is a day to god, do you think he's on a 24 hour schedule like we are?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just please try to understand that most ("most") Christians have good intentions and aren't trying to do evil against anyone - in fact, we would like to believe we are trying to save people from the evil.

I'm old enough that I grew up believing with no outside interference (tv for the most part, no internet, no forums such as ATS, no Wikipedia,etc) - so I've had the fortune/misfortune of sitting back and watching all of this 'new age' and 'doubt' arrive and rear its ugly head(s).

My opinion, but I do sympathize with the people that are, say, 35 and under because they came up in the world INTO doubt and the internet and all of the evil that has emerged in the last decade or so.
And if I had been ten years later being born, I might be sitting here on your side of the issue - looking around and reading about all of these "other" gods.... not sure of what TO believe.

I guess that is why I try to post my views and beliefs - because there IS so much out there, especially on the internet, that is deceptive and is absolutely misleading people and creating doubt and disbelief where there really should be none.

I thank God just about every chance I get that He brought me into this world when he did - because I was so very close to being born into 'this' newer generation that has no need for God or the Bible. I couldn't imagine living my life without either.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... If u guys were born in iraq you'd be suicide bombers, .... the only real sheep are the ones who follow a doctrine without question, .... who cling blindly to a faith instead of living by their own experience.

... its almost funny, ... but mostly sad. It's like living in a cave, and claiming the sky is red.

"Clinging blindly to a faith instead of living by your own experience." Thats a good quote. I am going to have to remember that one.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No I don't because I personally don't believe in him. But your post contradicts your beliefs if you take the bible seriously as the true word of god.

"Its simple,
If your beliefs are not consitent with established human knowledge, then they probably are not justified. In that case, other people are not justified in believing what you say about them, and furthermore you have no reason to expect anyone to believe you."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I clicked on it because I am gonna ruin God like he's ruined me. I also want answers. Specific, detailed ANSWERS to what's been done to me. BTW- if God knew what he was doing, Satan wouldn't exist, and neither would I.... 'cause if he knew it all, he knew how I'd get to this point, and the lengths I'd go to give right back what's been given to me.

Oh... "Because God knows and is in control" is NOT a detailed, specific answer. It's just NOT.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Replace "evil" with "knowledge" and I can partially agree with your statement

[edit on 15-7-2009 by serenesupreme]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

i appreciate these last couple pages in this thread. you've come down to my level to discuss some issues with me. it was the step i mentioned which is beyond just saying, here, read this, here, watch this.
i'm interested in peoples personal opinions, not just what they were taught, or just the words of others they believe.
i really can't argue any points in your last statement. it is your opinion, i may not completely agree, but it works for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shockme

i do not take the bible literally, although i do believe it contains historical facts.
like the flood for instance, almost all people of the world have basically the same myth, there is truth there, it's just details and dates that seperate them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
That may be, but I've heard a lot of other people say that there is but one true God, and Allah is his name, and that splitting God up into three entities is the worst kind of blasphemy and a direct violation of the first and most holy of all the Commandments.

Just sayin'.

Yeah but did you also know that the first three letters of the Hebrew Torah are the letters for Father Son and Holy Spirit which all three are one in the same?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I think this thread, while a great thread, has made me realize just how tight a grip satan has on some people. So all I can do is plant the seed - and let God do the rest if He so chooses.

Translation: Get yourself a Bible and read, my friend, if you are truly that interested in answers that will satisfy your questions.

Cough Cough Yes its perfectly logical to assume everyone who disagrees with your belief is under satans control.!
If heaven is full of people like you then I most definitely would rather the alternative.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In the book of John, Jesus says

"I am the Father are one."

And he also says

"My father is greater than I."

Christians love to do mental gymnastics to make this somehow conform to their perfect religion, but the truth is, this is a blatant contradiction. And not only that, it is a blatant contradiction within the same book of the bible. If you want exact quotes, just skim through the book of John in the new testament, it's there.

And as for the messiah comment, I hear it said alot that Jesus was the only person who claimed to be the messiah. This is wrong. Read Hinduism or Buddhism, the Baghavad Gita says that everyone is God. The Upanishads main dictum is "You Are That" meaning you are God. Messiah simply means the anointed one. After all, aren't we all God's children?

I have no problem with Christians, as Christ was a peacemaker and a wise person, I just also know that that doesn't mean Christianity is the one true religion. That notion confuses the point of religion. There is so much religious conflict in the world because everyone thinks their god is the best, when all a religion is supposed to do is teach you to act peacefully with each other. The fact that religion doesn't do this indicates something is wrong, and the main thing wrong is not necessarily religion but politics.

Another thing, if you want to understand the trinity, the best source is not the bible but Plotinus and his metaphyics of the One, the Intellect, and the Soul. This makes more sense than the christians who believe that Father, spirit, and Son are three people in one.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shockme

Also, if Jesus died for our sins, past and future, and Jesus is God himself, why would he have to die for them? Why couldn't he just forgive them? If Jesus is God, and God is the judge and jury, this makes no sense whatsoever.

If Yeshua did not die a pure life without sin on the cross for all people and bearing their sins for them, then Satan would win. Death and the creation curse entered through Adam and Eve and there would have to be a "ransom" to bring us back to eternal life, perfect bodies, and Paradise on Earth by His death and Resurrection. So a perfect man sinned to bring creation to a curse (entire universe) and that would mean a sinless perfect man the Son of God would have to take it out. His Name is the only one to be saved by no other. In a Universe like this one, Yeshua would be the only Messiah as only God Himself could possibly save everyone in this sort of state of creation. Do you understand? In order to bring us back to God forever, there would have to be a pure and perfect sacrifice once and for all to end all the useless killing of goats that would never really take away the curse. We know this curse as "every day life" and sweating, bodily needs, pain, and of course death.

EVERY Scripture must be fulfilled. So yes Yeshua is coming on the clouds of heaven.

Anyone who does not believe in the only begotten Son of God has made God a liar.

The book of Hebrews is clear on how He gave His life in place of all the sacrifices.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Jesus told his disciples that some of them standing there with him, would not die before he "returned". Guess what? He did "return" in a glorified body, and some of the disciples saw him. Read Matthew.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by rogerstigers

How many predictions or prophecies do you need in order to see that they have all been, thus far, 100% accurate?

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks, my friend - and keep a copy of the Bible with you while you watch. It'll be better than having the script to a top ten movie while you're watching it.

Like I said, his "return" happened 2000 years ago like he said it would.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I think there is so much evidence around you you don't realize it. Just look and feel. You have to pay taxes but the creation and existence is well, free. The only "tithes" you would have to pay is properly worshiping the only Living God, and it's not even like that. It's more of a friendship and relationship than anything.

Also there is still violence and war. He is coming on the clouds. Everyone will be sorrowful(unbelievers and those who took the RFID tag of Maitreya) when they see the saving cross and the sign of the Son of Man in heaven.

Our days will be shortened to one final seven year period because if it was not not one would be left alive.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The thread has now slipped from the top 5 posts since I logged on, so I'm doing my part to help drag this load of hypersensitive ignorance back to the top. You all need to keep this discussion going for the next 3.5 years. Don't ever give up on your religious zealotry. IF you do, I or someone like me will make sure you jump back on the bandwagon. The world really really needs to have non-stop arguments regarding spiritual matters. Who knows? Eventually you may convert someone. Doubtful though.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I agree if even one soul is saved all of the angels in heaven rejoice. It is far better for a lost sheep to come to the pasture.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join