It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
interesting, i've always assumed it, but when asking, there is always a claim that thier god is a different god. but i only really discuss this stuff with my fellow peons.

True research requires you leave the peons and the lemmings behind. When I was young the Animal question and where did Cain's wife come from (I was brought up Lutheran) where the things that struck most because those were the stories pushed in Sunday school... When I asked the local preachers I got answers like "Its not ours to question the word"

Well that didn't work for me

The Quaran also states that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God:

YUSUFALI: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
PICKTHAL: And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender.
SHAKIR: And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit.
- Source: Quran, Sura (chapter) 29:46offsite

www.apologeticsindex.org...

Do Muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God? 24 Articleswww.helium.com...

Muslims and Christians believe in same God, but do not worship the same Godislamdom.blogspot.com...

Many Religions, One God?
Jews, Christians, and Muslims

Do adherents of the major Western monotheistic religions all believe in the same God? When Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship on their different holy days, are they worshipping the same divinity? Some say that they are while others say that they are not - and there are good arguments on both sides.

Perhaps the most important thing to understand about this question is that the answer will depend almost entirely upon important theological and social presuppositions that one brings to the table. The fundamental difference seems to be where one places the emphasis: on religious traditions or on theological principles.

For the many Jews, Christians, and Muslims who argue that they all believe in and worship the same God, their arguments are based largely upon the fact that they all share a common set of religious traditions. They all follow monotheistic faiths which grew out of the monotheistic beliefs that developed among the Hebrew tribes in the deserts of what is now Israel. They all claim to trace their beliefs back to Abraham, an important figure who is believed by the faithful to have been the first worshipper of God as an exclusive, monotheistic deity.

atheism.about.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by wylekat

I've been there before and in some ways, I'm still in those positions. But you have to work it out with Jesus - not with man, or satan.

I've learned the hard way that when things go wrong in my life, and I complain and continue complaining....... things continue to go wrong or have even gotten progressively worse.

Bottom line for me though is to have faith that God knows what He's doing - in all things, no matter how small or no matter how large.

Well is about positive attitude and energy is about the changes inside your self , you have to know yourself well and you can do whatever you want because God is withing yourself not outside yourself ..and everything you think or do is like actions and consequences . Why people think there is this outside Authority dealing with all our Bull***it. If you practice meditation or anything that diminishes your Ego you will discover your true self and the fact that we are all One part of God we are God ..........Would you consider this version ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What a joke not one of you religious bible thumpers even follows the words of jesus, so for you to come here and talk it like you walk it is crap. All the wonderful trinkets and majic, and prayers in the world cant bring anyone back. And the fact that the romans made it all up to control the people just proves it all. Hence the roman catholic church get it? If you believe in this crap you might as well believe that tomorrow everyone wins the lottery, and the day after that the moon will turn to cheese, and summers are hot on pluto. I could carry on but im sure you understand this nonsense is just BS and if you need a security blanket to live your life then well you aint livin are ya? Judging people is all religion has ever been good for divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

To my knowledge, no one prayed to bring Jesus back, if that is what you are referring to. He brought Himself back, of course it turned out He had foretold this to His apostles but they didn't catch on. He even told the High Priests, which they scoffed at: "Destroy this temple and I will rebuild it in three days" ---- oh how very wrong you are, and I pray you receive a quickening in your heart very soon that Jesus is The Way The Truth and The Life.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

.... I'm also not going to sit back while they try to push their sinful propaganda into our schools or onto our children or society.

Just because Christians won't tolerate gays does not mean they are being 'hateful' or 'mean'. Unless you subscribe to a belief that we are supposed to tip toe around trying not to hurt their feelings by expressing our feelings?

So you are agaist homosexuals 'pushing their agenda', and by agenda you basically mean equal rights and the freedom to do as they choose. They are not trying to convert a heterosexual to homosexual. Being a bit contradictory there aren't we? One of the most annoying items I have observed from the 'Christian' sect, is that they feel they have full and unweilding freedom to 'PUSH THEIR AGENDA' on anyone they please with no reprecussions. If I came to the front stoop of your church or home, and preached homosexuality as a way of life that does not interfere with your 'christian' viewpoints, I would be run out and probably arrested for insiting public indecency/violence.

To say the least, the pushyness of the Chritian religion today is mind boggling. If I dont blieve in your God, leave me alone and I will leave you alone. See, isn't this what has caused most (if not all) of the major wars, religious indifferance and intollerance? You people are what is wrong with the world and why it is falling apart, you should not care what others belive or how they live their lives, you should only be concerned with you and yours and keep your opinions to yourselves. If you live a decent, generous, honest, and loving life you will end up in a better place, and the belief in a magical and mysterious being that has never been proven to exist is not needed.

Fry

[edit on 7/15/2009 by frey51]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Unfortuanately, I don't have time to read the whole thread so my apologies, however.....

Jesus incarnated here at one point in time. He currently resides in the higher realms of the fifth density/dimension. He is not the messiah. There is no messiah.

You are your own messiah. Jesus Christ is not the only way. You are. You are composed of the exact same components as the Infinite Creator itself. Don't look out at anyone. Look inward to discover the truth. We are all one.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
what did 'indeed' taste like?
2 lines- i gotta know.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

I don't believe we are 'God' at all. And consider that to be blasphemy - the meditation part sounds good though.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by frey51

.... I'm also not going to sit back while they try to push their sinful propaganda into our schools or onto our children or society.

Just because Christians won't tolerate gays does not mean they are being 'hateful' or 'mean'. Unless you subscribe to a belief that we are supposed to tip toe around trying not to hurt their feelings by expressing our feelings?

So you are agaist homosexuals 'pushing their agenda', and by agenda you basically mean equal rights and the freedom to do as they choose. They are not trying to convert a heterosexual to homosexual. Being a bit contradictory there aren't we? One of the most annoying items I have observed from the 'Christian' sect, is that they feel they have full and unweilding freedom to 'PUSH THEIR AGENDA' on anyone they please with no reprecussions. If I came to the front stoop of your church or home, and preached homosexuality as a way of life that does not interfere with your 'christian' viewpoints, I would be run out and probably arrested for insiting public indecency/violence.

To say the least, the pushyness of the Chritian religion today is mind boggling. If I dont blieve in your God, leave me alone and I will leave you alone. See, isn't this what has caused most (if not all) of the major wars, religious indifferance and intollerance? You people are what is wrong with the world and why it is falling apart, you should not care what others belive or how they live their lives, you should only be concerned with you and yours and keep your opinions to yourselves. If you live a decent, generous, honest, and loving life you will end up in a better place, and the belief in a magical and mysterious being that has never been proven to exist is not needed.

Fry

[edit on 7/15/2009 by frey51]

On the contrary - I'm not "pushing" my "agenda" on you now. You came to this thread on your own choosing. I didn't drag you here, nor try to track "you" down so I could push anything on you.

I don't think we've even met?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

That's the 'new age' theory/religion,etc. Same thing I believe that Oprah has been pushing lately.

The only light, in my opinion, is Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

Sounds as though satan has already made himself a comfy home within your soul, my friend.

Scary.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WOW OP, you sure got your points starting this thread. Welcome.
There is a lesson in that for me.

Anyway 24 pages in, and as usual, nothing gained but some good links, a few foes and opinions.

Believe in what you want - in that which make you feel good and part of something greater, don't preach your beliefs unto others, include and help others less fortunate, tolerate everyone's uniqueness and let love rule. Surely you can't go wrong with that?!?!?

Ignorant humans thinking their divinity is better than the next and the ancient interpretation is an accurate account and the only account of a possible happening is laughable - really.

C'mon, we can send probes to other worlds and relay information back - we a not a stupid race, can't we just be friends

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
Unfortuanately, I don't have time to read the whole thread so my apologies, however.....

Jesus incarnated here at one point in time. He currently resides in the higher realms of the fifth density/dimension. He is not the messiah. There is no messiah.

You are your own messiah. Jesus Christ is not the only way. You are. You are composed of the exact same components as the Infinite Creator itself. Don't look out at anyone. Look inward to discover the truth. We are all one.

Namaste.

Well you ought to get organizsed and start yourself a new religion, there is lots of others have done it: Jim Jones, David Koresh, that Applewhite dude, Benjamin Creme, the old fart who started Scientology. What are you doing wasting your talking to a bunch of nobody's on the internet?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

thanx for that info, gives me alot if ideas.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

Believe in what you want - in that which make you feel good and part of something greater, don't preach your beliefs unto others, include and help others less fortunate, tolerate everyone's uniqueness and let love rule. Surely you can't go wrong with that?!?!? Ignorant humans thinking their divinity is better than the next and the ancient interpretation is an accurate account and the only account of a possible happening is laughable - really.

i basically agree with what you said, it's a shame you expressed your feelings then called believers ignorant, and thier beliefs laughable.
put's you in the same club your arguing against.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
don't preach your beliefs unto others

Actually, Matthew 28:18-20 is often referred to as the Great Commission. We are told to do that, so that others may have what we have. Now I admit that my life is very good, and sometimes I just want to enjoy it and not reach out to others who don't know Him. But I understand that, like a soldier, I serve my leader, even when I don't always see results. We try to reach people with the hope that one day they will also serve our risen Lord, until the day He returns for us.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't believe we are 'God' at all. And consider that to be blasphemy

How is it blasphemy to say that?

Gen 1: 26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

this is what, i believe, i got through to no_more about. it depends on how one does it. if you want to spread the word through conversation, i have no problem with that. if you want to stand on a box and scream at people, i have a problem with it. personal experience is that those who insist on dominating conversations to get their word across are preachers.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I don't believe we are 'God' at all. And consider that to be blasphemy

How is it blasphemy to say that?

Gen 1: 26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

I believe somehow you missed Psalms 8:5 which clearly places man below God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be the Messiah. He only kept silent when others made the claim of him.

Please show where in the Bible that Jesus makes the claim himself.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TheComte]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join