It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
So why would you want to direct people to another source that would add to, or take from, what is written in the Holy Bible?

So they may learn TRUTH

Many moons ago there was a great library
The Library of Alexandria

Another religious zealot Moslem Caliph Omar 640 AD

The final individual to get blamed for the destruction is the Moslem Caliph Omar. In 640 AD the Moslems took the city of Alexandria. Upon learning of "a great library containing all the knowledge of the world" the conquering general supposedly asked Caliph Omar for instructions. The Caliph has been quoted as saying of the Library's holdings, "they will either contradict the Koran, in which case they are heresy, or they will agree with it, so they are superfluous." So, allegedly, all the texts were destroyed by using them as tinder for the bathhouses of the city.

Sounds like your saying pretty much the same thing..

God created Adam and Eve... they had 2 sons Cain and Able Cain killed Able and was banished He married a woman and became ruler of her people...

Where did this woman and her people appear from? And you say it the 'truth'

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If I posted the entire story of the Garden of Eden and where Cain and the serpent seed came from it would get removed. So I will only say that aliens are NOT what you think they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't believe in any 'carnation' or 'reincarnation' theory unless we're talking about being raised when Jesus returns.

So if you're talking about you being on your 8th 'carnation'....... so be it, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
nomorecruelty, why would you assume i'm bitter, that's actually very far from the truth, unless in your opinion is that it is bitter to question what people profess as absolute truth?
i'll check out the link, but once again your assuming things about me. i don't dislike links, i use them constantly, i dislike it when people only use links to express thier opinion. it's like saying i can't explain it myself, so listen to this guy instead.
otherwise, i have no problem with what you say and believe. just realize the only way to get to know me is through a discussion like this, please don't assume or lable people as bitter or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I don't believe in any 'carnation' or 'reincarnation' theory unless we're talking about being raised when Jesus returns.

Of course not, that is obvious, but your religion is not the only one in the world you know

But you see it doesn't matter... because when we pass from this plane if the Atheists are right we are all worm food and its a mute point

If I am right you will wake up on the other side with a new understanding and be off to your next level OR repeat a grade

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

LOL Ok, rubberTramp....... I thought that said 'rubberstamp'. D'oh

Sorry, my friend - but I hate to call you 'tramp'??

that's funny, rubbertramp basically means i live on the road. i preside in a motorhome, and travel the southwest most of the year. tramp is only a bad word if you use a bad definition. most of my friends are rubbertramps, some of the most honest people one could wish to meet. we are doing what we want to, living a life we enjoy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't see my beliefs as a 'religion' though - mankind is who created the entire 'religion' thing.

God is God - there isn't any 'religion' to that. Man is who decided to separate everyone by creating so called 'other' gods and religions - so 'life' and it's laws would fit "his" agenda, instead of him having to conform or answer up to God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Ah ok that makes sense then - and good for you - I wish I could afford to do just that. I sure wouldn't be sitting here on my rumpus tip typing my life away.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
If I posted the entire story of the Garden of Eden and where Cain and the serpent seed came from it would get removed. So I will only say that aliens are NOT what you think they are.

Well I didn't say Jesus was an alien I said he was Rosicrician... but its always the same with you guys just like NASA Never A Straight Answer

Where did you get the 'entire story' from if not in the Bible? Its either in or the book is not complete and thus subject to interpretation..

Like my favorite little excerpt

How many animals of each kind got on the ark? Should be a simple answer right?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sounds to me like you spend a whole lot of time trying to track down errors or contradictions in the Bible - instead of reading and studying it.

Just my opinion

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you spend a whole lot of time trying to track down errors or contradictions in the Bible - instead of reading and studying it.

Well you would be mistaken... I have studied all the big religions and many minor ones for over 30 years..

But when I find a contradiction that raises a flag... Funny thing is all the other religions have no issue discussing it. Its only when you find the errors as YOU say in the Bible, that people get offensive

Then rather than give a straight answer you get the runaround... because those you ask have never studied, merely quote scripture as if that is an answer

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Just my opinion

The question is, how can one read and study the Bible and NOT find those errors and contradictions?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Just my opinion

i'm with zargon, that is part of studying it to me. i especially like comparing creation, flood, god stories with other religions. this is why i truly believe, many on this planet are fighting and arguing about the same god, or energy as i like to simply put it.
divide and conquer by changing a few names and dates.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Hard to let go when I get pulled back in headfirst, feetfirst, kicking, screaming, clawing the ground. God refuses to LET me let it go- either by direct action, or 'allowing' satan.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

What is really funny is that the God of Christians, the God of the Jews and the God of the Muslims is the same God... they do not deny this and ask any Bishop, Imam or Rabbi and they will tell youy

Its only the interpretation that is different and they have been killing each other since the days of Rome and the Crusades, yet all three co-exit in the ONE Holy City of Jerusalem

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Our vision of HELL was created by the Catholic under paid contract to Dante. They needed something to scare the daylights out of people that were beginning to learn to read for themselves..

Durante degli Alighieri (May/June c.1265 – September 14, 1321),

The work was called amusingly enough as it was a play.. TheDivine Comedy

The Divine Comedy is composed of over 14,000 lines that are divided into three canticas (Ital. pl. cantiche) — Inferno (Hell), Purgatorio (Purgatory), and Paradiso (Paradise) — each consisting of 33 cantos

The church jumped on this to create our current vision of Hell

[edit on 15-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

interesting, i've always assumed it, but when asking, there is always a claim that thier god is a different god. but i only really discuss this stuff with my fellow peons.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think to us, our earthly mentality, there might "appear" to be contradictions or even errors - but the way the Bible is written, so detailed but in a 'parable' type of way in most parts, I believe it all makes sense - maybe not in my earthly mind, but will when Jesus returns - or sooner if God allows us that knowledge.

Just my take on things.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I've been there before and in some ways, I'm still in those positions. But you have to work it out with Jesus - not with man, or satan.

I've learned the hard way that when things go wrong in my life, and I complain and continue complaining....... things continue to go wrong or have even gotten progressively worse.

Bottom line for me though is to have faith that God knows what He's doing - in all things, no matter how small or no matter how large.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Man can create whatever vision he wants to about hell but the Bible tells us exactly what it 'appears' to be.

You sound as if you are relying on 'man' and 'religion(s)' for answers - or man's secular textbooks.

That will lead you wrong every time. In my opinion.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join