It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I did that, and Jesus has used me like a roll of TP. I just watched someone who prayed for a couple months get something, and 20 YEARS. 2 decades. Of prayer by me nets NOTHING but pain. Same Jesus, same Bible. DIFF results. I went to sleep last night SCREAMING about this. Why is your 'loving' God such an asshole?

hi
Your pain is terrible, and I don't know what to say to you. I hope that you'll find soon peace in your mind.
The question of why God allow bad thing to happen is a tough one. I may say it's the hardest one to answer. I am agnostic, but have been religious a long time. This was the question that bugged me. I sort of found peace within myself adhering to the philosophy of, if a benevolent divinity exists above us, on another plane of existence, that we are here his witnesses of a world where he doesn't act by definition. Yeah that sounds like the usual crap, but what I mean is -maybe- we are witnessing here down something we can't truly witness in an hypothetic heaven: pain. Frustration. And all the deseases a living creature may endure in his journey through material life. But the sun on our skin too, and the beauty of a fresh rainbow, and the Love we touch sometimes.
So he just ask us to be patient and to tell Him how it feels here, to be his eyes, his heart, etc. You suffering is Him suffering. So that's tough I agree. IBut I sort of like the idea of beeing in a "mission" and thinking that maybe in another plane I will be able to tell him how much it sucked here. And how much I loved too. And how much I've been loved too.

So it doesn't really matter now for me if The Deity is like religions tell us or not (each religion whith it own version!). If He doesn't exist I think I won't change a thing the way I act. I have learned to accept things I can change and to try to change what I can. I fail often. But I keep on going on, trying to experiment the much Love and Friendship that I can. I hope the best to you too.

TheTilde
mangling the english language since last century

[+ minor edits]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TheTilde]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I did that, and Jesus has used me like a roll of TP. I just watched someone who prayed for a couple months get something, and 20 YEARS. 2 decades. Of prayer by me nets NOTHING but pain. Same Jesus, same Bible. DIFF results. I went to sleep last night SCREAMING about this. Why is your 'loving' God such an asshole?

Have you ever heard the song "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks - great song, great message.

As far as God hearing/answering our prayers - He hears them all but try to understand that God knows alot better than you or I what we truly need in our life. What we would deduct as a no brainer in the need dept., could very well be the last thing He knows we need. We humans aren't on the same thought/mentality level as God - there are a gazillion things that we, as humans, probably are unable to even wrap our earthly minds around - but that doesn't mean He has abandoned you or isn't listening if a certain prayer doesn't get answered in the way we think or expect them to. If that was the case, I would bet there would be a lot of people praying for money, fame and glory - all of which we don't "need".

God uses our pain and suffering for a reason - not entertainment. Our pain and suffering are there to draw us closer to God - not create distance. Think of it this way - when things are going peachy keen in your life and all is good, do you ever give God a second thought? Like most humans, probably not.
But let the crap hit the fan and the first one we yell out to, usually in anger, is God - who we 'accuse' of allowing us to suffer.

Ask God to help you listen AND understand what it is He is trying to do in your life - I've found that when things are turned upside down in my life, that is usually when He is trying the hardest to get my attention on something. He works in mysterious ways but you have to keep your faith. A lot of times that is the reason we do hurt and suffer - God is using these things to strengthen our faith in Him. He can't very well do that if we have no needs, no pain or no suffering.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
what do we pray about? good question.
i don't pray to a god in particular.
i more meditate than pray in certain ways. it began when i was diagnosed with very high blood pressure. i learnt through meditation that i was able to control my body. i can visibly, with a meter, lower my b.p. within minutes.
i do ask for health for my friends, family and all others fighting thier own bodies.
there are a few other techniques i like to use, but am interested in the particular routines of others.

i've been told by christians that what i do is evil, because i begin with buddist like breath exercises and some other stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Understand that I'm not here, nor was I put here by God, to convince you, or anyone, that the Bible is true, or that God exists.

That is up to you -

I can sit here and list prophecies, fulfilled and unfulfilled - but I suspect all that will result in is a heated debate on interpretation and frankly, I'm just not interested in 'debating' anyone on my beliefs. I think this thread, while a great thread, has made me realize just how tight a grip satan has on some people. So all I can do is plant the seed - and let God do the rest if He so chooses.

Translation: Get yourself a Bible and read, my friend, if you are truly that interested in answers that will satisfy your questions.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I would believe that it isn't Buddha that is saving or healing you - but Jesus. He is the only one that can heal us.

He healed a whole lot of people, not only in biblical times, but in our times today. And still heals.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerelictJ
Read Revelations! I'm eager to see who's the chosen one and who will be the puppet. What will take form as the 4 horses and how many people will fall in the process. I feel sorry for those that are deceived by propaganda and righteous politicians. The good faith that we hold in our leaders is scarily alive.

It's a great read isn't it? That's what baffles me - all of the people on ATS are into all of the mystery and suspense...... yet the one book that has all of that in there plus some they don't want to read. Strange times we live in.

And Daniel is just as compelling - to me it's more detailed than Revelation is.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

the biggest difference between you and i is how you quote things like prophesies that have been fullfilled with out adding, in your opinion or i believe.
i question everyone on any subject who quotes absolute facts.
like i've mentioned, this is what makes one a preacher in my humble opinion. it basically cuts off any chance of real conversation with others of different beliefs.
i into learning about those other beliefs, as long as they don't just promote violence. i see humanity as a learning experience, not just possible converts.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by wylekat

I disagree - I believe it does exist - however, "love" isn't going to save anyone from the world and satan.

You can 'love' all you want but that is only part of it.

I have a friend that honestly believes that all she needs to get into Heaven is the verse John 3:16. I asked her about whether she had actually received salvation - her reply was "That's not important - all I have to do is remember John 3:16"

It's eye opening, yet sad, at all of the deception out in this world today. Bottom line, your works, or just 'being good' won't get you to Heaven. You have to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

I am missing something maybe? If she believes Christ died for her sins she will not perish. I believe that with all my heart. Yes there is more we can do, and I suppose many of us just do what we do and call it good. That's not to say God won't chastise us as a Father and say to us You could have done more, but He isn't going to send a believer to hell.

If you read the Bible, you'll see that you have to repent of your sins, turn from those sins and ask and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

My friend doesn't believe that - she thinks that all she needs to do is, as you said, believe in God.

Remember, satan also believes in God.

You have to receive salvation from Jesus Christ - which brings us back to this thread title - He is the only way.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

I would believe that it isn't Buddha that is saving or healing you - but Jesus. He is the only one that can heal us.

He healed a whole lot of people, not only in biblical times, but in our times today. And still heals.

i disagree, i think he used himself as a tool to help people open the doorway to using their own personal power to heal themselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

You've got the U2U with some (not all) of the details. I don't think I need to write a book right off.... So it's some of the most recent and direct stuff for now.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That may be the difference though between you and I - if the Bible says it, to me it's then carved in stone. I can have an opinion on what is written but that opinion will never sway from the what is written and will never lean towards doubt or suspicion of not being true.

Non believers and/or atheists should try to understand that as Christians we don't seek out debates just for the sake of debate. And a discussion isn't about proving one or the other 'wrong'. I am simply sharing "my" beliefs and views - if you don't agree with those, that's ok - that's your choice.

As I said before, all I can do is plant a seed - and if God so chooses, He will step in and make it grow.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

But if you'll read more of what the Bible has to say, you'll understand that this is exactly how satan wants us to think. To think that we are capable of life on our own, and that we don't need God to intervene or be our Savior.

satan, as evil as he is, is also very intelligent and creative at how he goes about deceiving people. Remember, he isn't going to be stupid enough to appear in someones life dressed in red with horns protruding from his head. He will, and does, come dressed as 'light' and 'good' - so that we'll be deceived into believing his lies about God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Having a family where I have none at all is hardly what I call a 'trivial' need. The other problem- let's say God yanked something from me, but refuses to let me forget it or replace it at ALL- to the point of destroying any and all attempts to replace it.

As for the suffering? It is not, I repeat NOT getting me closer to God. If anything, it's driving me OFF.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

yup, and that's what i'm talking about. it's easy to say when one just ignores the other side of a conversation. like in your thread about the founding fathers. you insist on others watching and reading your links, but won't even look at those of others.
then just using a basic lie of not being refrerenced. they all were.
what i'm saying is true believers have no real interest in the opinion of others.
the only answer is to say they are wrong.
using quotes out of context about the founding fathers, and ignoring the rest of what they wrote is close minded.
i believe the truth usually lies in the middle somewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you take a hard look around you, out in society, you will see satan's accomplishments - past, present and future. He is steady working on removing God from everything in our lives - from churches to schools to politics. And true to the prophecies, he has made, and is making, a huge dent already.

This ongoing thread is proof of that - to have so many people posting on here that choose to blasphemy God and Jesus, and the Bible, without even batting an eyelash. All of this has been predicted in the Bible - we are right now fulfilling that very prophecy - this thread, these posts with the ones who say vile things and denounce God and the Bible - it's all been predicted in the Bible.

BUT....... the Bible also makes very clear that not all will hear, not all will listen - and most will choose to follow satan. A fool despises knowledge - so sayeth the Bible and given some of these comments on this thread, that one isn't that difficult to believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

No, I'm not disagreeing with God at all.

I followed the link you provided me with, but it was just a post or something. I didn't see or read anything in depth on this character, so I don't know what he is telling those who believe him, that has convinced them, that what he is saying is true. The OT prophecy is that upon arrival the Messiah's feet will touch down on the Mount of Olives and a huge earthquake will split the mount into two pieces, providing an escape route for the remnant coming out of the city. But again, I have to go back to the spiritual return of the Messiah in His role as the Son of Man - Jesus ascended back into heaven from this mount and those who witnessed it were told by two angels that he would again return in the exact same manner. Before He was taken to trial and killed He told that there were some (not all), that were standing there, that would not taste death until they seen the Son of Man coming in the Fathers glory. That was fulfilled at the transfiguration as witnessed by Peter, James & John. He also said some would see heaven open and see angels ascending and descending on the Son of Man. All these things are spiritual truths, that came from Jesus' teachings from the Father and they are some of the deepest mysteries of true Christianity.

One of the perks for developing an intimate relationship with God is to be able to refute any adversaries with words of wisdom given to us from the Messiah, that none will be able to resist or contradict. In my opinion this man is not what he claims and he would need to be able to fulfill all the things I listed above.

Plus, to be the Messiah he has a huge problem with entering Old City Jerusalem, through the Eastern Gate/Messiah's Gate ( from the Mount of Olives in Jordan, to the sealed gate is only a hop, skip & a jump). It's been sealed for over 400 years and will now stay sealed according to OT prophecy from God himself because the Lord has already used it.

He's not the one.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have never entered a church that did not allow the eating of meat, not meat but bloody flesh of another living being.

That alone is enough for me to say no.

If you are conscious you cant eat the flesh of another.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

yup, and that's what i'm talking about. it's easy to say when one just ignores the other side of a conversation. like in your thread about the founding fathers. you insist on others watching and reading your links, but won't even look at those of others.
then just using a basic lie of not being refrerenced. they all were.
what i'm saying is true believers have no real interest in the opinion of others.
the only answer is to say they are wrong.
using quotes out of context about the founding fathers, and ignoring the rest of what they wrote is close minded.
i believe the truth usually lies in the middle somewhere.

And that is most likely attributed to our faith in our beliefs - which most non believers take as being 'close minded', 'mean' or 'evil'.

That just isn't the case - at least not for me. I don't come on these threads for my health, I promise ya. lol
I post here hoping that maybe something I say, no matter how small, might create interest in someone else that is lost or looking for answers. But my mission gets lost in having to defend myself against all of the non believers for being "close minded' or 'evil'.

All we are doing is holding fast to our faith and beliefs - as the Bible instructs us to. But we keep getting blamed for how people interpret that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

hebrew for satan is, 'the accuser'. the definition, and picture that you have in your head is different than mine. there is evil, it's everywhere, but it's human nature for some, not in direct control of some sort of entity.

what does satan look like, just like i asked for a physical description of jesus,
you can use bible quotes, but i'm interested in your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Having a family where I have none at all is hardly what I call a 'trivial' need. The other problem- let's say God yanked something from me, but refuses to let me forget it or replace it at ALL- to the point of destroying any and all attempts to replace it.

As for the suffering? It is not, I repeat NOT getting me closer to God. If anything, it's driving me OFF.

Ok, but think about this for a second - if it's honestly driving you off, why did you ever click on this thread title.

Think about that.

God knows what He's doing, my friend, I promise you.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join