It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The ironic part in this is that the naysayers are predicted in the very Bible they denounce.

This means the atheists and non believers are famous - they are mentioned in the world's best selling book of all time.

Impressive to say the least.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slowfade

There are other ways though, it might be the only way for you...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Love is a myth. It's a fairy tale. It's used to control and make money. IT DOES NOT EXIST.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

OMG another one that thinks he's deep. Your the one with the closed mind. Religion is crap. The story of our creator coming in the flesh is not crap however. If you designed a sim world... for real think about this for a moment. And you and your associates designed a sim world so real the beings become sentient and you find out your associates more or less entrapped all your sentient beings in linear time. As the creator of this Sim world you become painfully aware of the new manifestation of these beings are experiencing pain and suffering due to separation from the source creator(which is you in this thought experiment).

What would you do if you seen them suffering and dying? And all because they had been tricked by your partners...It would seem to me becoming a Sim and going into "there world" to warn them and show them away to be reunited with you and teach them how to changed the manifestation of there being and energy BACK to it intended form. Yes it seems to make perfect sense actually. Too bad religion has misunderstood Christs message as a set of rules. I admit the modern Church is asleep and ignorant. But grace and love will unite us all ...very soon. Is this deep enough for you guys yet?

Peace,
FG

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

The general consensus seems to be god is some big bogeyman that's gonna screw me over, nice.

NOW you have the general idea! You'll get a double banging if you're poor and without any family! And oh yes... I can now prove it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I disagree - I believe it does exist - however, "love" isn't going to save anyone from the world and satan.

You can 'love' all you want but that is only part of it.

I have a friend that honestly believes that all she needs to get into Heaven is the verse John 3:16. I asked her about whether she had actually received salvation - her reply was "That's not important - all I have to do is remember John 3:16"

It's eye opening, yet sad, at all of the deception out in this world today. Bottom line, your works, or just 'being good' won't get you to Heaven. You have to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I did that, and Jesus has used me like a roll of TP. I just watched someone who prayed for a couple months get something, and 20 YEARS. 2 decades. Of prayer by me nets NOTHING but pain. Same Jesus, same Bible. DIFF results. I went to sleep last night SCREAMING about this. Why is your 'loving' God such an asshole?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've always found most people who truly believe that Christ is the only way, the "one", the original - have a really hard time dealing with this next information:

Gospel Story of Jesus Ancient Mythology Original Sin / Garden of Eden Without original sin, without 'the fall from grace' there is no need of a savior-- hence religion's reluctance to accept the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution. The tale of the Garden of Eden and the Fall is allegorical and mythical, found in virtually all cultures of the world, though differing in the characters and specifics; parallel mythologies are commonplace in cultures, arising from common psychological fears and needs, not because such tales actually happened. Read Joseph Campbell or J.F. Bierlein to learn more on this, or simply peruse the Mythology section of your local Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstore. In the beginning was the Word (Logos) Logos or Word was a concept commonplace in the ancient world, especially the Greek world where it had many connotations, including how a god created things, i.e. by speech. The Word is found in the Phonecian Creed, in the tale of Heraclitus, and many other ancient religions. Virgin birth of a Savior Many ancient saviors were, according to their mythical stories, born of a virgin: Attis of Phrygia, Buddha, Dionysus/Bacchus, Hercules/Heracles, Horus/Osirus of Egypt, Krishna of India, Mithra of Persia, Zoroaster/Zarathurstra, and many others. Born in a manger/cave, Star in the East Birth of the savior in a manger/cave was common an ancient religion mythos pre-dating christianity: Adonis/Tammus, Apollo, Cybele, Demter, Herakles, Hermes, Mithra, Poseidon, etc. And the birth of ancient saviors and Kings was also often foretold by a star in the East. Dec 25 'birthdate' celebrated Dec 25 was a common birthdate for many saviors. Why? Because to ancient people, the Sun was God. At the winter solstice, the Sun/God 'dies' and is re'born' on the 25th of December as the Sun/God again rises, signalling life as the warmth and light of the Sun/God will soon bring Spring (crops, life, etc). The Sun is the Light of the World, the Giver of Life, in the Sun/God is no darkness. Birth attended by wise men (magi) The savior's birth attended by wise men (magi) was common in many ancient mythologies. They were merely allegorical, representing the three stars of Orion's belt, which 'attend' the winter solstice marked by Orion, and hence the magi stars of Orion's belt attend the birth of God (the rebirth of the Sun/God at the winter solstice). Newborns ordered killed in order to kill the savior The order to kill all innocent newborns in order to kill the savior is found in many ancient savior mythologies: Sargon, Nimrod, Moses, Jason, Krishna, Mordred, Jesus, Oedipus, Perseus, Romulus, Remus, Zeus. Age 12 the savior announces his divinity and purpose Age 12 the Son of God announces his divinity and purpose. At 12 noon, the Sun/Son/God is at its highest point, as is the temple of the Most High or the temple where Jesus announced his divinity. This is allegorical, and is a rehash of the ancient tale of the Egyptian sun-god Horus. Baptism Baptism was common the ancient world long before christianity, as far back as Egyptian mythos. Age ~30 savior begins ministry as an adult Age 30 the Son of God announces his purpose. At 30, the Sun/Son/God moves into a new constellation. This is allegorical, and is a rehash of the ancient tale of the Egyptian sun-god Horus, representing the Sun/God moving into a new constellation at 30 degrees; Jesus is also depicted as beginning his ministry at 28, representing the 28-day moon cycle, or one month as reckoned by the Egyptians. Bird (dove) signals divinity of the savior A dove appears to announce the the savior is the Son of God. This story is a repeat of the baptism of the Egyptian god Horus in the river Eridanus/Nile where the dove represents the Egyptian goddess Hathor who brings Horus forth as an adult in a ceremony symbolizing rebirth. 40 days in wilderness Many savior gods were tempted in the wilderness: Buddha, Horus, Manu, Quetzalcoatl, Zoroaster. Wedding Feast, water:wine The turning of water into wine was common ancient times (priests had a device to do this to fool the people); the Gospel story of turning water into wine at Cana was modeled on a Dionysian rite of sacred marriage celebrated at Sidon, and the gospel tale wording is copied almost verbatim. Mary Magdalene (harlot) Mary Magdalene was not a historical character but rather is an allegorical element of the pervading ancient solar (Sun God) mythology-- she was the 'sacred harlot' (of the Egyptian Triple Goddess Mari-Anna-Ishtar, the Great Whore of Babylon who was worshipped along with her savior-son in the Jerusalem temple). Heaven and hell. The concepts of heaven and hell, as promised or threatened by Jesus, were not of christian origin, but existed for thousands of years prior to christianity. Holy Ghost The concept of the Holy Ghost is not of christian origin, but existed long before christianity. In many cultures the Holy Ghost was considered female, as Sophia, Sapientia, or Hokmah. Miracles The working of miracles by saviors was common in ancient times. Many traveling holy men and alleged saviors worked miracles, healing the sick and the blind, etc. Honi the Righteous, and Hanini Be Dosa, resided in the biblical lands at the time of Jesus, and both were know for their paranormal powers; they healed the sick, exorcised demons, and made it rain to avert a famine. From Egypt to Rome, miraculous healings by traveling holy men were common in holy sanctuaries of Aesculap the god of healing-- sight was restored to the blind and speech to mutes, and the paralyzed were made to walk. Apollonius of Tyana was renowned as a healer almost as much as Jesus; Apollonius was born around the time of Jesus, with a birth marked by prodigious events. Apollonius taught, preached, healed, exorcised demons, performed paranormal appearances and disappearances, and resurrected the dead. Apollonius had disciples. Upon the death of Apollonius, his followers believed he would again appear, and he was deified as a god. ("Rivalling with Incipient Christianism" by C.F. Dumermuth. Asian Journal of Theology, October 2002 Volume 16 issue 2)

continued ...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Sabbath as holy day The sabbath concept pre-dates the Jewish religion; found in the middle-east and India where it signified the 7th day rest of the goddess Durga Savior raises the dead (Lazarus) Raising the dead was common in ancient times (of course it did not occur, but then science did not exist, and tales of resurrection abounded). Casting demons out of swine The casting of demons out of swine is an old tale-- Egyptian in origin. Seen in Egyptian scenes of the Judgement, where condemned souls are ordered back into the abyss, and the make the return passage down tot he lake of primodial matter by taking the shape of the swine. Transfiguation on the Mount A transfiguation on a mountain was common with many ancient savior gods (Osirus, etc). Rides Ass into Jerusamen The riding of an ass into the "City of Peace" or Holy City (Jerusalem) occurs in ancient mythologies. E.g. the ass is the totem animal of the Egyptian god Set (Sun-God Horus' twin brother), who rides it into the city in triumph. In the Greek mythos, Hephaistos ascends to heaven, at the instigation of Dionysus, and is depected as returning riding on an ass. Sayings and Parables of Jesus, The alleged sayings of Jesus are in fact the sayings of the Egyptian god Horus-- 3000 years before the christian plagiarism of Horus' sayings. The "sayings of Jesus" in Matthew 25 are plagiarized from the sayings of Horus, and even the scenery in Matthew 25-- of the Last Judgement in the Great Hall of Justice as is written in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Many of the [alleged] sayings of Jesus are also found in the Hindu religion writings (Vedas) as spoken by Krishna (the Hindu savior), by Buddha in the Dhammapada, and in the ancient Chinese writings of Lao Tzu known as the Tao Te Ching (600 BCE). Some sayings of Jesus were also derived from ancient Indian sect of Jainism (such as the parable of the prodigal son and the parable of the sower). The plagiarized sayings and plagiarized parables of Jesus alone should astonish any christian, supporting the notion that the gospel story is simply a story, stealing elements from other more ancient stories and ancient writings long predating christianity and even the Jewish Old Testament. Wise Parables The parables of Jesus are mostly derived from the Indian Vedas as spoken by Krishna (long before christianity) and in the Dhammapada attributed to the equally compassionate Buddha, as well as the Tao Te Ching of the Chinese sage Lao Tzu (6th century BCE). Sermon on the Mount The Egyptian god Horus delivered a sermon on the mount. Jesus' sermon on the mount is a patchwork of sayings found in the Old Testament, the Books of Enoch, the Book of Jubilees, and the Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs. Lord's Prayer The Lord's Prayer is not an original oratory by Jesus, but is a collection of sayings from the Talmud (Old Testament), many of which are derived from ancient Egyptian prayers to the Egyptian savior-God Osiris. The Last Supper (bread/wine=body/blood of savior) The last supper or eucharist, is not of christian origin. It is a sacred ritual of many ancient religions. Jesus' statement "This is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat" is a standard part of the theophagic (god-eating) ritual of many ancient pagan religions. Now allegorial, in times past participants actually drank and ate the "god's body" which was a sacrificed human or animal. Mithraism, widespread centuries prior to christianity, had a last supper or eucharist as a standard part of its ceremony, with the same concepts of drinking blood and eating the body of the savior Mithra. Peter the rock, head of Church Peter as the Rock or Gatekeeper of Heaven is an old mythos, found in ancient mythos. In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Petra (Peter) is the name of the divine doorkeeper of heaven. Mithraism had Pater as head of the temple. In many ancient religions, long before christianity, the chief high priest and main spokesman for the religion's savior god on earth was called "PETR" or "Peter" meaning "the rock." 30 pieces of silver, Judas' betrayal of the savior, Potter's field The betrayal of the savior for 30 pieces of silver is not of christian origin; the sumero-babylonian goddess Aruru was worshipped as a Potter in the Jewish temple, where she received 30 pieces of silver as the price of a sacrificial victim. Aruru owed the Field of Blood, where she mixed clay with the blood of victims so bought-- hence the origin of Potter's field. Peter's denial and cock crowing The denial of the savior and the crowing of the cock three times is not of christian origin; this is found in other ancient pagan religions. E.g. in the Zohar it is said that a cock crowing three times is an omen of death. Mysterious man throws off cloak and runs away naked A mysterious man throws off his cloak and runs away naked when Jesus is arrested. This makes no sense. Except that it is also found in The Odyssey by Homer, a story that predates the gospel story. Some critics have even speculated that the entire gospel story was created by fictional writers as a story patterned on the writing models of Homer, since Homer was taught and mimicked by many. Savior crucified for the sins of humanity The sacrifice or crucifixion of the savior, of the sacred King, has been a story created and told throughout time, by many ancient cultures and religions. It was always understood as allegorical, representing the celestial bodies (most notably the Sun, considered to be God, which gave Life, which gave Light and Goodness) and natural forces; the sacrifice was a scapegoat ritual in which the evils of the people were placed on the head of a person or animal, often by shouting at him/it as he/it paraded the streets.

Continued...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Passion The story of the passion of Jesus is not of christian origin. There have been Passions of a number of savior gods and goddesses long before Jesus. Consider the story of Baal or Bel of Babylon/Phoenicia as seen on a 4000 year-old tablet in the British museum: Baal is taken prisoner, tried in a hall of justice, tormented and mocked by a rabble, let away to a mount, taken with two other prisoners (one of whom is released), sacrificed on a mount afterwhich the rabble goes on a rampage, his clothes are taken, he is put in a tomb, he is sought after by weeping women, he is resurrected-- appearing to his followers after the stone is rolled away from the tomb. The passion play is an old device used by many ancient religions, and the Passion of Jesus is easily shown to be a play through several clues: Jesus prays 3 times while his disciples sleep, so no one is there to see what happens but yet it is recorded (but in a play there is no problem since the audience hears the prayers); the whole gospel story purports to take place over a period of a few weeks, and the entire 'life' of Jesus represents about 50 hours total; the crucifixion and resurrection scenes are told as they would be depicted on a stage. Golgotha, the "Place of Skulls" Golgotha, the "Place of Skulls", (Latin: Calvary) is not of christian origin. Many ancient pagan religions in the Middle-Eastern region had a habit of preserving skulls of the dead for later necromancy; their place of sacrifice was called Golgotha. 3 Marys at the crucifixion The 3 Marys at the crucifixion is not of christian origin. In the ancient Egyptian mythos, the three Meris appear at Horus' crucifixion; allegorically the 3 Marys/Meris are the Moerae or fates-- they are the same pagan death priestesses myrrhophores (bearers of myrrh). Spear of Longinus The spear of Longinus is not of christian origin. Legend has it that Longinus was the name of the blind Roman soldier who stuck Jesus in the side with a spear, and then as cured by Jesus' blood. The prototype of this legend seems to have been the blind god Hod, who slew the Norse savior Balder with the thrust of a spear; also the Scandinavian god Odin, and the god Marsyas of Mindanao in the Philippines were hung on a "fatal tree" and stabbed with a spear. The Hindu god Vishnu (Bal-ii) was crucified with spear in his side. The gods Wittba and Adonis were also crucified and "side-wounded" saviors. "My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me!" "My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" is not of christian origin. Part of pagan mythos pre-dating Jesus, such as the sacrifice of Aleyin by his Virgin Mother Anath, twin of the Goddess Mari as Lad of Birth and Death, worshipped by Canaanites, Amorites, Syrians, Egyptians, and Hebrews. Like Jesus, Aleyin was the Lamb of God and said "I am Aleyin, son of Baal (Lord/God). Make ready then, the sacrifice. I am the Lamb which is made ready with pure wheat to be sacrificed in expiation." After Aleyin's death and resurrection by Anath, she told him that he was forsaken by his heavenly father El. "My El, My El, why hast thou forsaken me?" was apparently copied from the ancient liturgical formula. The rending (tearing) of the curtain temple The rending (tearing) of the curtain temple when Jesus gave up his spirit is not of christian origin. This event is found in several pagan mythos. In the Egyptian version, Horus rends the curtain of veil of the Egyptian tabernacle or temple, which means that in his resurrection he removes the mummified remains of his old self as Osiris, and the new Sun/God is born or resurrected from the old dead one. Darkening of the sun The darkening of the sun at the crucifixion is not of christian origin. No historian ever wrote about this extraordinary event. But this event was a part of the death of other mythical saviors-- Heracles/Hercules, Krishna, Premetheus, and Osiris. Such a darkening of the Son/Sun/God is only natural since when the sun/God is 'crucified' it goes out. Savior in tomb for 3 days/nights In the many ancient savior-crucified-resurrection myths, being buried or in a tomb for 3 days/nights is common. Savior rises from dead Resurrection of a savior from the dead is not of christian origin. In fact it was a common event of ancient religious mythos. Numerous gods and goddesses throughout history have been depicted as being resurrected (Tammuz, Osiris/Horus, Prometheus, Mithra, Krisha, etc.) Mount of Olives Ascension The ascension on the mount of olives is not of christian origin. The mount of olives as Egyptian was the mountain of Amenta; it is termed "Mount Bakhu", "the mount of the olive-tree". Mount Bakhu, the mount of the olive tree, was the way of ascent to the risen [Egyptian] Savior as he issued forth from Amenta to the land of the spirtis in heaven. Alpha and Omega Jesus as the "Alpha and Omega" is stolen from older sources, including the Egyptian goddess Isis in whose temple at Sais, Egypt it was carved "I am all that has been, that is, and that will be." The concept of the Trinity The trinity is a ubiquitous mythos found in many ancient religions prior to christianity; originally found in ancient Egyptian religion, also found in ancient Indian religion Lucifer / Satan Lucifer is a pre-Hebraic, found in Canaan, Egypt, and Mesopotomia. Not unique to Judeo-Christianity. Second Coming, Day of Judgement A second coming and a day of judgement are both pre-christian concepts, expected of several savior gods: Krishna, Buddha, Bacchus, Quetzalcoatl, Zoroaster, etc.

The end may be near , but i think the beginning was around long before Your Jesus arrived.

Qoute from: heretic.sparlo.net...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Still arguing over which God is the true God i see.................... boring! Boring! Boring!

Just stop ya arguing coz all this # is causing too much problems here........... certainly one of you lot is evil and the other is good..... which is it to be? I only see one religion who sends it's followers out to commit atrocious atrocities so it must be that one which is evil!!!

I am Spiritual.......

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Agreed, to a degree.

I wanted to claim "Evil" though in a more enlightened (anti-christian) sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Love is a myth. It's a fairy tale. It's used to control and make money. IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Haha, what? Love is actually the only thing that exists.

You can see this for yourself if you still the mind. But you are probably too lazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i think jefferson said it best, regarding christianity.

"Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth." --- Thomas Jefferson, from "Notes on Virginia"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Read Revelations! I'm eager to see who's the chosen one and who will be the puppet. What will take form as the 4 horses and how many people will fall in the process. I feel sorry for those that are deceived by propaganda and righteous politicians. The good faith that we hold in our leaders is scarily alive.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

How many accurately fulfilled prophecies does the bible have to date? I'm not talking about weird retro-fitted "if you take X to represent Y" predictions. I'm talking stone cold any moron could see it to be accurate predictions coming to pass.

My current tally is: 0.

List some examples of the Bible's prophecies being proven accurate and we'll talk.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I did that, and Jesus has used me like a roll of TP. I just watched someone who prayed for a couple months get something, and 20 YEARS. 2 decades. Of prayer by me nets NOTHING but pain. Same Jesus, same Bible. DIFF results. I went to sleep last night SCREAMING about this. Why is your 'loving' God such an asshole?

I'd be very interested in knowing what you prayed about. You not knowing me from a hole in the wall though, that probably won't happen. But I know there is more here than meets the eye. If you care to u2u me, and share the details, I give you my word of honor it would be confidential between only us. Likewise, I have a personal story I could share with you if you are interested.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Imho this coins it best:

The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is they are denying. This misuse give rise to absurd beliefs, assertions and egoic delusions, such as "My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," *

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by wylekat

I disagree - I believe it does exist - however, "love" isn't going to save anyone from the world and satan.

You can 'love' all you want but that is only part of it.

I have a friend that honestly believes that all she needs to get into Heaven is the verse John 3:16. I asked her about whether she had actually received salvation - her reply was "That's not important - all I have to do is remember John 3:16"

It's eye opening, yet sad, at all of the deception out in this world today. Bottom line, your works, or just 'being good' won't get you to Heaven. You have to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

I am missing something maybe? If she believes Christ died for her sins she will not perish. I believe that with all my heart. Yes there is more we can do, and I suppose many of us just do what we do and call it good. That's not to say God won't chastise us as a Father and say to us You could have done more, but He isn't going to send a believer to hell.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... If u guys were born in iraq you'd be suicide bombers, .... the only real sheep are the ones who follow a doctrine without question, .... who cling blindly to a faith instead of living by their own experience.

... its almost funny, ... but mostly sad. It's like living in a cave, and claiming the sky is red.

Wow, that ignorant line of BS got a lot of applause from the ironically holier than thow secular crowd.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join