It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Haha ohhh I wanted to read this whole thread but I couldnt stop laughing around page 10

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
I sin everyday - there isn't one human on this planet that doesn't. You don't have to be perfect in order to receive eternal salvation.

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Was it because, like most, they didn't like the idea of being told what to do and that they don't like the idea of being held accountable for their decisions and actions?

Sounds like you dont like being told what to do you you ignore the rules and sin
CAUGHT YOU!

Ill have to paraphrase Evangelical cant find it: "I dont know the mind of God"
yet

Originally posted by Evangelical
This is not what Jesus taught at all. Jesus taught that He was God and Man and by His sinlessness as He was the only one who could be sinles

...you know Jesus' mind better than He does!

The persecution of Christians in Britain by homosexual activists and their laws under the guide of antidoscriminatiom is both amaIng and terrifying. It is the rise of Nazism against Christianity in a way far worse, the silencing of the Gospel.

Only thing worse than homosexuals is... Homosexual Nazis! How dare they try to be equal

How is it hateful to hate sin? Sin should be hated.

Let me see "how is it hateful to hate" I... Im not sure you have stumped me for the first time in my 20 years on this planet

Originally posted by octotom
God said that anyone who kills another is to be put to death.

...And then Word came forth from the Heavens, 'And the man who put that man death shall be put to death..'

All people are created equal is a Christian concept. It's reduculous that persons relying on Christian beliefs for their own morals would reject Christianity. In a relative world the Vikings were just as right to kill and pillage.

Norse concept too. But you wouldnt know that you think the Norsemen were evil obviously. Let me inform you Christians started it! We wouldnt have pillaged your churches if you hadnt slaughtered us!

Now I believe Joshua is the true path as well but in WAY not in HIM. But your logic is so ridiculous.
Evangelical and nomorecruelty you sure you're not 1 guy 2 laptops?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I beg to differ slightly. While Jesus is indeed Christ, his mission wasn't to forever be our "Master" and leader, but to help us remember that we are supposed to eventually become like him - so we could save our own selves. Like any organism that is all growed up is suppose to be.

Of course, that doesn't mean we're there yet. Unfortunately, we still need to be shown the way - at least by someone.

And in this day and age, I think it would be extremely dangerous for someone like Jesus to openly appear and live amongst us. It would be dangerous both for him and for us and everyone else as well. Though Christ is indeed returning, I think it will be via stealth (like a thief in the night).

link   

i just thought i'd share what William Bramley says...

ROFLMAO... We're supposed to take HIS word for it? A guy who says "They came to earth millions of years ago to spread the poison of hatred , war and catastrophe. . . they are with us still..."

And I am sure he can PROVE there were humans or aliens on earth millions of years ago.

link   

One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Maybye, very possible actually.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Jesus was "the" Christ you said it right; So has been Buddha, Gandhi, Mohammad, why leave Isaiah as well.... heck, there's been a fair amount of "Christ-like" Men who walked this planet.

Although I agree (for some weird reason) that the only one which we have no information of it existence (except for what we find in the Bible) seems to be the one with the most influence. That would be Jesus Christ.

But don't say he is the only way, cause if the Buddhists (as an example) who have lived and died for centuries were not saved, then Hell must be about to get full and it might be closing its doors soon.

There have been many "end times" as every cycle has to come to a conclusion... We're about to turn the page it seems. So your assumption is a very positive one

[edit on 15-7-2009 by jazket]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Religious or spiritual conviction can improve quality of life, but Christ as he has been portrayed for two thousand years, resemebles in no way the original Christian.

All the Church has done is propogate war, suffering, prejudice and often destroyed human heritage after human heritage whether it was physical like the Library of Alexandria or important social values like critical thinking and tolerance.

Islam maintained the greek philosophers, at least.

But if you truly believe your misconception of 'Jesus is the only way' you may be in for sore disapointment.

If, however, you were to say, "Jesus is the only way for me" then I can fully appreciate that.

But that's not what you're saying, is it....

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Deane]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Deane]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Oh the Christians are being persecuted ?
Everyone ignore all the persecution the Christians have done to members of other religions and faith over the years. Christians are definitely the victims in all of this

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

OK I was being a bit antagonistic, but did you read his post?

If that is what people are telling you about the Bible...maybe you should read it for yourself. If you have and you got out of it exactly what you wrote then you should read again. It is more prophetic than any other book. Did you know the word compute only appears in the Book of Rev.? We did not use that word until calculators were invented.

My views are quite different than most. Most Christians have been duped by Satan. Jesus kept all the Jewish Holy Days, why don't most Christians? According to the Bible Jesus was Jewish.
I call myself Christian because that word closest describes my beliefs in a word. I happen to agree that organized religion is not good.
A lot of people are going to be disapointed, according to Revelations only 144,000 people from each of the seven Churches will be saved(raptured) that's about 1 million out 6.5 billion people. I certainly don't expect to be one of those people and I have only met 1 that I would say would be saved, Sister Anne, a Roman Catholic Nun.

I know a common thing for Christians to say is "If you don't believe in Jesus you don't go to heaven." It does basically say that in the Bible, but in other ares it mentions other things that get you into heaven like the Beatitudes for example. So I do not think having a belief in Jesus is the only thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

How do you accurately predict a prediction, when it hasn't happend yet?
Im confused...

Peace!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

Will you suffer death for your faith? That is Gods way of saying I Love You, and it is our chance to say I Love You back to God.

You, madam/ sir are mad as a hatter, and your God is WORSE.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Oh yeah...since, according to the bible, there are only 144,000 going to heaven, you might want to ease up on the conversion of others. There's 6.5 billion people on the planet, and this could drastically limit your chances next to the throne of the almighty.

You have referred to the "elect" which is 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Isrrael (144,000). This has nothing to do with the gentile believers who are promised entrance into heaven. They are two separate groups my friend.

Your comment is based on the severely flawed teachings of the JW's.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
[edit on 15-7-2009 by Balone]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You're absolutely correct. Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

I just don't believe in Heaven. Also, I don't believe in "Paradise" waiting for me with 13 virgins.

That's not to say that I don't believe in God, or a purpose to this beautiful miracle we call life. I just don't believe in Man-Gods or even ghosts, ghouls or spooks. Nor Magic or dragons.

We don't have to have a fantastic story with wild fantasies to explain life and why we're here. Enjoy it while you have it. Make it a loving life.

And for the love of God, QUIT judging me cause I don't believe in your Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Hello, I would like to address your quote.

If you take the bible literally, it is your duty to attempt to make me accept Jesus as my savior. But it won't work, because I require something better than a book written by men as proof.

To every believer and non believer out there. As believers, we have been called to the great commission, i.e. share the gospel of Christ Jesus.

It is NOT mine or any ones DUTY to MAKE you accept ANYTHING!! Only the Holy Spirit through Christ Jesus has the power to 'save'. We as believers are simply to tell you what we believe and why.

Please understand, God will never force a choice upon you. You, and you alone are the only one who has the power to choose. "Man's freewill"

No one can make us do a thing. We need to learn to take responsibility for our own actions and reactions to whatever someone says, or does. We can choose how to feel and how to behave.

In support of the OP. John 14:6 Jesus answered " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

As the way, Jesus is our path to the Father. As the truth, he is the reality of all God's promises. As the life, he joins his divine life to ours, both now and eternally.

Thanks for letting me share.

Pax

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, i read halfway through the thread, and i just had an urge to just say something...

No one has the right to tell someone else what to believe in. its the individuals choice.

jusus subject, a weak field of mine, but ill throw something out there that has also been mentioned in this thread. THE PROPHECIES. none have come true, all of them are self fulfilling. (kingdom will fall, earth will end, etc.) Earth will end one day, but, not anytime soon. the earth stood 4.5 billion years without us, and will live on for another 5 billion years, unless an asteroid or comet bashes into earth, or the sun expanding sucks the earth in. (oer time of course) now to Jesus, this book was written by MAN. was written by the PTB in those era's and overlapped into today's society. all religious people argue, my religion is supreme over yours, etc. just debate debate debate, and have a leap of faith into an old book. (endless cycle)

I think jesus (and other religious figures) were used to "controll" people by giving a reward to those who live a good life and be a herd animal (walk with the masses blend in, do your job, grow up, live old, then die.) all without causing an imbalance of THAT CURRENT society.

EVERYONE, you, the mods, ARE ALL thinking beings, and without a set social structure, anarchy would take over...(because without a backbone to a young society, chaos can erupt, could think of many ways on how that can unfold on a primative human society) but the belief held people together, and helped them grow as a society... religion a societies tool for advancement... that's all, that's what I think it is anyway. agree or disagree, i tend to look for logic, and this seems the most logical... to me at least.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

As someone well said the other day on ATS quote:

"Be your own God. I look to no man for my authority to do or believe what I will. I change my beliefs on a daily basis, and it makes me highly adaptive. But one thing I know, is that I am God. I am the source of all my joy, and I am the source of all of my anguish. I take total responsibility for everything in my world. There is no one else to blame but ME."

The true God is inside US all and is to bad we are so blinded and strained that we can not see it anymore ......

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by wylersix

Do your own investigating.
i have investigated my own heart enough to know.
i can not reject what he went through FOUR me. so give it up. i'm a blind
fool for eternity.and forever in favor of.you should understand something about me. i would praise him from the deepest part of hell. if that were his will.
great thread star and flag

]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by randyvs]

That's your own problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Persecution is the silencing of the Gospel by any means. That is precisely what the homosexual agenda in Britain is doing. They are starting their evil work in the North East US as well. Whether censorship or by imprisonment as in Britain and Ireland or "Lions".

I am curious Evangelical, what denomination are you? As a believer in Christ I can tell you in love that you are spreading His message with a desperation that doesn't need to be. You do not have the power to save anyone, remember only the Holy Spirit does. You must share in love and learn to accept not everyone will choose.

Yes Christians are persecuted but here is the definition of persecution:

Main Entry: per·se·cu·tion
Function: noun
: punishment or harassment usually of a severe nature on the basis of race, religion, or political opinion in one's country of origin.
link:[wwwdictionary.com]

Many have been persecuted throughout history, not just Christians. Take a step back and remember Jesus always shared in love and humility.

Pax

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

While I get the gist of your post, and for the most-part agree - I think it's very egotistical to "Be your own God".

I could no more be my own God than this planet can be the center of our galaxy.

I know that wasn't your point. I just feel it's appropriate to pay homage to whatever it is you believe in. If you're atheist, I guess it'd be fine to "Be your own God", but if you believe in any sort of higher power what-so-ever I'm not sure you'd ever want to do that or else you're taking your whole belief system in vain.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
there is one question i have about jesus.

can anyone tell me of a passage in the bible that describes jesus physically?

for real, according to the bible, what did jesus look like?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join