It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

You missed the "lighten up" part didn't you? Why is that people who don't believe in Christianity have to be so uptight. The title of the thread tells you what it's about, so if you not into it, ignore it. I know what I believe. I was just pointing out the lineage of Jesus could be traced through Joseph and Mary. No need in getting huffy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
There is no teaching that compares to what Jesus taught.

The claim is that Jesus is the Messiah. The one.

There is no teaching that even comes close to His. What Jesus brings to the table is full disclosure.

If this guy Michael Travesser says he is the Messiah, doesn't that compare?

Travesser does have some followers that think he is the REAL messiah. (not many though). But Jesus didn't have that many followers until years after his death, who is to say the same thing won't happen with Travesser?

Because there is only one true Messiah. There is only one begotten Son and there is only one King. There is also only one Son of Man who manifests himself inside us and this is how all will eventually be taught by God.

The Son of Man resided in King David also. In one of the Psalms David says: "The Lord said to MY Lord" sit at my right hand til I make your enemies your footstool." Jesus even questioned the Pharisees on this issue:

"What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?"

"The son of David," they replied.

He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? For he says, " 'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies under your feet."

If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" Matt 22:42-46

Even the process of how the Son of Man is birthed within the individual is touched upon in John's Gospel.

I know it sounds strange but it is what it is and I would venture to guess, that God holds the copyright on the Son of Man and it can't be faked. This is how the elect will not be deceived in the last days. It won't be possible because they have been sealed.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

You poor poor lost souls I feel very sorry for the emptiness, depression and anxiety you must live with every day. You will see soon who your God is, everyone will and Christians’ will finally see our validation. Until then I pray for you and God bless you even if you do not want him to.

Thanks for your thoughts, but please do not waste your time thinking I am somehow empty, depressed or filled with anxiety. I am far less so now that I have given up christianity and found true spirituality, than I ever felt as a christian and constantly worried that I was somehow "not good enough" for christ.

Frankly, I think I understand the guy a whole lot better than most christians I've known in my years, and that's quite a few

By the way, christians have been waiting to be vindicated for a couple thousand years now. If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well.

But in either case, I am far, far, from miserable. Again, though, your concern is noted and thanks just the same.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hold it here guys, Jesus was and always will be "The Dude", "The Man", "Emanuel", and many other names. The old testament of the Bible includes a lot of sacrificial lambs being executed and burned before God on an alter. This was an enactment meant to symbolize what Jesus would come and do later. These sacrifices were to make attonement for sin, also mirroring Jesus, who paid for our sins, by becoming literally, the Ultimate Sacrificial Lamb.

I am a visionary and have seeing power, mostly when I dream, but I do have waking visions as well. I have seen the immediate future in my dreams concerning what is to come almost immediately, and what happens and how it escalades into chaos.

In my dreams, (which are consistent with The Revelations of St John) I have seen that one of the first things to occur is a war in America, this is most likely a Revolutionary war at first. Eventually we are invaded by an oriental people, or else our government will bring in the help from the East to fight us; personally, I believe that our Revolution will invite an invasion form the East. This goes on for a little while before America gets into an all out nuclear war; America gets nuked pretty good especially on the coast, but alas we do fight back, also food gets rationed and becomes scarce. Then a plague occurs.

This is no normal plague, it makes its victims become the living dead, (...and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him...) this breaks out at night, or in the dark and hits the USA for sure and probably breaks out in other places as well, but I will be in USA at that time, therefore I have seen it in America for sure.

During those days there will be great volcanic activity in America brewing in the regions of the Southwest deserts of America, and there may be some activity in Utah as well. Volcanoes in Idaho will come to life, and there will be a Yellowstone volcanic event.

Flood basalts will literally cover the region of West Montana and rise up to the heights of the mountain peaks flowing West. There could be notable activity in the rest of Wyoming duing the days of Yellowstone volcanics.
There will also come interlaced with these other events, a falling star or so to speak. I believe that Wormwood and Planet x are one and the same and when it comes it will change the face of the Earth, wars will not rage as most all peoples will be faced with trying to survive.

Then the calm before the storm will occur as nations rebuild and restructure. Within four to five years of this calm before the storm, the Beast will begin to imerge. There will be a terrible persecution of Christians immediately, before the sixth seal is broken. The opening of the sixth seal is where Christ emerges with vengeance in His heart. I believe this is where the rapture event takes place. I can go further to say that by the dreams that God has shown me, that the opening of five seals are to have occured before the second Coming, and also four of the Angels will sound also before Christ returns, but all of the vials of wrath will occur after the Beast comes back from the dead and out of the bottomless pit.

So get ready Christians, because you will see no return of our Christ, until this persecution of Christians happens, I believe that we must now prepare for the very real race at hand. This will be a great test of survival before the end comes.

Every Christian who can survive long enough to make it to the persecution is presented with the golden question. Will you suffer death for your faith? That is Gods way of saying I Love You, and it is our chance to say I Love You back to God. I believe that the passion of the survivors who make it to the persecution, will be enough to stir Gods Vengeance into fury, in which state He returns in.

I also see lots of mutants around during these days and also a return of the Nephilim or giants of ancient times. I see the greatest displays of power in the Universe for all time.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You guys have got it ALL wrong!!!
The true messiah is Harry Potter and he is my god!
My proof?
The 7 books written about him; telling of his story of course.
J.K. Rowling being the mother of this messiah and hence the true god.
Of course it's safe to assume that they are the same person....
You just wait and see when in 2012 the train to Hogwarts will be revealed to be real at King's Cross station in London.
All of you muggles will be sorry that you doubted this existence.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Also, I just want to say, as someone who really believes in God and Jesus being the Messiah, that I don't think it's very nice to tell people who don't believe that they are lost souls and crap like that. How does that help anything?

People who don't believe, but are willing to come in here and take a little looksie don't want to hear doom & gloom and hellfire damnation preached.Lol They want proof and to know how the nuts and bolts hold it all together. We should at least be able to give precise constructive answers, when asked a question.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

Well, you just described every sci-fi channel B movie ever made, all in one post.

That was perfect.

I can't tell if you're joking or serious lol

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Jesus is the only way for salvation and to Heaven.

So by this way of thinking you’re telling me a little child that’s born a Muslim, grows up a loving kind generous person, follows their belief system, loves their family, is a productive and caring member of society - this person will not go to heaven and will burn in hell because they don't know Jesus?

You’re wrong.

Don’t limit the forgiveness and the understanding of God.

peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Wow it is a bit hard to reply to this because I am pro Christ but not like most. I am a believer in Christ. I was raised a Roman Catholic but consider myself to be just a Christian. I never read Jesus actually calling himself God, I think you better check that.
For those that want proof about the Bible makng predictons that come true..try reading it for yourself. Proof is all there. One that sticks out is the prediction that the Messiah would ride into a town(cant remember which one) on the back of a donkey, came true. The Bible predicts rising and falling of natons and knigs all came true. Predicts that Moses would come and free the Jews from slavery, etc. The Bible is in fact, for those atheists who tell me "it has good stories but it is all fiction", a prophetic book with more predictions than good stories. Whenever anyone tells me that it has good stories I already know they never read it.
Also try reading the Bible Code an excellent book. Oh and to stop the arguement about the Bible Code, yes things do come up in other books like Moby Dick and War and Peace, just not 42 terms in one matrix perfectly describing one person(matrix on Lady Diana).
Now for those people who are so intellectually up on me cause I must live in a cave. You are in fact the most closed minded people I have ever had the displeasure of reading, meeting, and speaking to. Who exactly is more open-minded the person who believes in miracles or the person who doesn't. I think it very sad for someone to go through life thinking "I am just an animal." Cause look out your window lack of God in the world has turned most of you into animals(IE most noticeable is uncontrolable sexual urges). Only an animal cannot control themselves.

Jesus Saves.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
reply to post by Angel One

Well, you just described every sci-fi channel B movie ever made, all in one post.

That was perfect.

I can't tell if you're joking or serious lol

Jomina, I have that problem a lot on ATS, sometimes I really can't tell when people are joking and when they are serious. I've told people I enjoyed their sense of humor and they got mad and said they were serious, or I've thought people were serious and they called me stupid for not realizing they were joking.

Angelone, if you're joking it should be at least mandatory to put some LOL smiles or something to show us that you're not serious, and if you are serious, I'm reminded of Matthew 24:11:

“And many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.'

The problem is I don't know how to tell which are the false prophets and which aren't so I pretty much ignore them all, well, except for the prophets who looked at a crop circle of a Jellyfish and told me there would be a solar storm a week ago, I admit I made fun of them a little bit but I couldn't help it. But normally I just ignore them.

However, if you want to believe in prophecies, here's a list you should review:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... If u guys were born in iraq you'd be suicide bombers, .... the only real sheep are the ones who follow a doctrine without question, .... who cling blindly to a faith instead of living by their own experience.

... its almost funny, ... but mostly sad. It's like living in a cave, and claiming the sky is red.

Agree absolutely, not much else to say.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Why don't we set aside our gods, our statues, our beeds, our "sacred" books, exit our temples, put down our pamphlets, and get busy at the business of getting to love one another. Let's enjoy one another's different foods; one another's different stories. Let's celebrate the diversity in cultures and put our energy into the peaceful endeavor's of loving each other and learning how to care for our sick, our elderly, our hungry. We can feed all, and begin a new way of life whereby we better share the resources and do all to reduce strife and end once and for all the control apparatus and industrial military complex.

Sometimes throwing up (in this case with this thread) your deities and icons of myth directly in folks faces comes off as slightly aggressive and violent to say the least. Haven't we had enough killing and bad doings in the name of some god or deity? How about some tolerance and understanding instead? Otherwise we run the risk of proping up the same structure of insanity that has lead us to where? To where we are now; a divided world armed to hilt and full of crazed religious zealots all believing that their way is the truth.

In the end it's up to us. The "us" is humanity. It's we who create our world and it's workings. Get to it Christians, and other religious groups. Time to step up to the plate and live as ye' preach! Stop saying it, DO IT! Love one another...that means all races, all creeds, all backgrounds and everyone.

Love doesn't come with restrictions. Love is universal and is the complete removal of fear. Eventually peace will come to planet earth. The question is will it be sooner or later? Either way, it seems we have to go through the process as a people (some almost 8 billion now) to learn how it is we get there. Some of us are just waiting for others to catch up and some of us have had to put up with a hell of a lot of proselytizing and abuse in the process.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by skyshow]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Christianity of Jesus Christ was one of forgiveness and accountability. Fortunately for us all, He was made accountable for our sins and forgave us. We only need to accept it. Take a look here for true Christianity:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
I told a friend after learning what homosexuals have done to Britain:

We can only love a homosexual and teach them of the beauty of what Chrisat has done for us, because the are sinners like any I us.

But, the homosexual movement is an instrument firmly in the hands I Satan. It is pure evil. It is seekin to silence the gospel and nothing is more vile than that agenda.

Freudian slip?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Does that mean then that if you accept and are already forgiven then that you are free to live as you please? Does this mean that you continue to live with out care to who it is you repress in the process because it doesn't matter because you are saved? How does this differ from the suicide bomber who believes he is going to have many virgins waiting for him in the after life as he blows dozens of others into smithereens?

Just because one believes they are saved doesn't necessarily bring the earth closer to total peace, or does it? Explain how?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sorennn

Ha ha! How predictable. Someone starts a thread on Jesus Christ being the only way and low and behold we see some posts on how homosexuals are tools of Satan.

Here's my prayer right here and now on ATS: "Dear mr. Jesus, please protect me from your followers".

Here me now Christian brothers. You want to know why so many see you all as a freakin' joke? This is why. Because of the silly backward bigotry Christendom tends to beget. If homosexuality is so horrible, then why didn't your Jesus specifically address this issue?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Lol blinded by Bulls**t. Jesus never existed. So there isn't a messiah!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Why is it that every single time some religious nutjob starts a thread like this, all his psychotic christian buddies join in with the support in the first few pages, before some INTELLIGENT people realise wtf is going on and rebut the BS that these crazies are spewing?
'Deny ignorance'... if I choose to belittle religious nutjobs, it doesn't mean I'm encouraging ignorance, it means I'm CALLING IT OUT!

Please, keep your religious CRAP out of our forum, and go forth and multiply. (Please don't, on second thought... the world doesn't need more of you)

[edit on 15/7/2009 by nrky]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

How many predictions or prophecies do you need in order to see that they have all been, thus far, 100% accurate?

Can you then gives us one "word for word" prophesy which you claim to be 100% so we may see your proof and verify your claim.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Please......why don't you mind your own business. I'm not an atheist but would like to know what gives you the last word on what or who is the only way. Fact is you don't have a monopoly on right and wrong. So again keep your own house in order and leave others alone. I wasn't going to respond to this post but couldn't help it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join