It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish Jesus would just come down flying from the skies to tell everyone that there is no right way, that every way leads to the top of the mountain. It just happens that some ways are faster/slower/steeper/easier/more dangerous then others. And its all a matter of choice.

But then again, I think even that wouldn't solve the problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be the Messiah. He only kept silent when others made the claim of him.

Please show where in the Bible that Jesus makes the claim himself.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by TheComte]

Please take a look at Luke 7:20-23: And when the men had come to him, they said "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?" And when the men had come to him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to you, saying, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?'" In that hour he cured many of diseases and plagues and evil spirits, and on many that were blind he bestowed sight. And he answered them, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is he who takes no offense at me."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Sounds as though satan has already made himself a comfy home within your soul, my friend.

Satan has NOTHING on these guys...

Catholic Inquisition and The Torture Tools

THE HOLY CRUSADES Monty Python's Terry Jones (Part 1)

All done in the name of God and Jesus

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Thus so if what you are saying is true.. That would create ties into the Vatican.. Thus it would only further support what I have always thought about the Vatican and the Pope.. they are tools of Satan.. Or of the evil forces at work here on Earth..

I belive that in truth, The true powers of evil run the churches today.. And most people blindly support places like the Vatican and Pope..

I do not want to debate any of this.. Its only my personal feelings..
But if the end times are comming wouldnt that be under the 13th Pope?

And is it not true the Vatican are opening the doors and is a key player in the New World Order?
Thus saying the powers of evil is the force which drives most religion.

Jesus in that sense would just be in your heart.. And you wouldnt have to go and serve evil, just to belive in Jesus..
IT gets very complex, as the true faith for Jesus would be those who fight Against the evil churches..

link   

link   
Zorgon, perhaps you should read 'Foxe's Book of Martyrs', and then you will see that many who loved Christ were burned at the stake during the inquisition, plus suffered death by being drawn and quartered, and other horrific punishment for their faith. I myself would rather suffer death in such a way than to torture others for not believing as I do.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Well you ought to get organizsed and start yourself a new religion,

Last I checked "New Age" IS a 'new religion'

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
One thing that always gets me about the Bible is that the nativity says that the shepherds were on the side of a hill and came down to greet the new born baby. From what I know shepherds are not in the habit ok keeping sheep on hills during winter as it gets very cold even in Israel. It also states in dueteronomy that a dismembered man may not enter the house of the Lord not very Christian really.

I think that you should put me down as a foe....

Brightest Blessing from a born again Pagan

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me I myself would rather suffer death in such a way than to torture others for not believing as I do.

Believe as thou wilt and I am sure you will never face being drawn and quartered. But did Jesus not teach tolerance and turning the other cheek? So why is it those pushing the Jesus agenda get so hostile?

Seems a contradiction to me...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the inquisition was a horrible time in history.
a couple of tools.

there is no way a peaceful man of god could come up with this stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by druid1

Silly Pagan... Jesus was born around May 5th. The church merely stole the Pagan holiday of Yule (and the tree) as a convenient date because it was easier to convert people on an existing holiday than to kill one and start a new one

That is common knowledge even amongst most studied Christians

Besides at the time of Jesus it was not that cold in the area. Most people, wore very light clothing. Have you ever seen the Greeks, Egyptians Israelites and Roman wear heavy winter coats (unless they went to war in cold climate)

PS A blue robe would be an affront to a true Druid

[edit on 15-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Blue is actually the colour of the Bard - Green the Ovate - White and Black for a Druid. The Romans forced England into Christianity. The Priests burnt our wise ones but luckily you did not get all of us.

I wondered why I didn't see you at the last Solstice Ritual you must have been home reading your Bible. Monotheism is the way of Dogma.
Respect other peoples beliefs and they will respect yours.

Brightest Blessings and goodnight..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Righhttt...... Dont you think that sounds a bit .....extreme?! Dare i say it

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by druid1
One thing that always gets me about the Bible is that the nativity says that the shepherds were on the side of a hill and came down to greet the new born baby. From what I know shepherds are not in the habit ok keeping sheep on hills during winter as it gets very cold even in Israel. It also states in dueteronomy that a dismembered man may not enter the house of the Lord not very Christian really.

I think that you should put me down as a foe....

Brightest Blessing from a born again Pagan

Perhaps you would be interested in this book: Shocked by the Bible because you have heard things that aren't really in the Bible.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The bible is nothing more than a tool for power management.

When this book was first written the consciousness of the human race was quite low compared to us today.
At that time people had no worldly perspective.
The world was flat, and the aspect of space, planets, gamarays, sunspots, fuel, engines, electricity, antibiotics and so on didn't exist.

People feared seamonsters, and other entities in their own folklore.
Just as it is today, people fear the unknown. Except back then, there were alot MORE of the unknown.

Today religon is not directly feared though I find myself scared as hell of some of the posts in here. But it is the person I fear, not the message.
Although, religon is used as an excuse today by many to use another type of power, weapons.

religon is used as a tool even today. To gain money, to gain power and to can the "right" to do whatever they want "it's the will of God that I blow myself up among women and children".
Scary in my opinion.

Most civilizations have the society built up on laws and rules to keep people in check. In the old days the concept of Laws and Rules where quite different and wouldn't keep most of the society in check. Therefore the concept of a greater beeing called God, was created. Most likely not by one single person. I believe it developed for a few hundred years.

A "man" that has the power to destroy and create anything, the power to choose who is gonna die or not and a "man" that no one can see would scare any living soul at that time since the level of consciousness wasn't higher.

Today religon is a highly misused tool in almost all of the different religons we have on this earth.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is not the way-
He is and will always be the made up son of god who controlled everyone without even liftin a finger-

ILLUMINATI

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheButtonNWO
ILLUMINATI

As I said Jesus was a Rosicrucian...

So ummm what exactly is your beef with the Illuminati anyway? They ever do anything to you?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
The bible is nothing more than a tool for power management.

When this book was first written the consciousness of the human race was quite low compared to us today.
At that time people had no worldly perspective.
The world was flat, and the aspect of space, planets, gamarays, sunspots, fuel, engines, electricity, antibiotics and so on didn't exist.

People feared seamonsters, and other entities in their own folklore.
Just as it is today, people fear the unknown. Except back then, there were alot MORE of the unknown.

Today religon is not directly feared though I find myself scared as hell of some of the posts in here. But it is the person I fear, not the message.
Although, religon is used as an excuse today by many to use another type of power, weapons.

religon is used as a tool even today. To gain money, to gain power and to can the "right" to do whatever they want "it's the will of God that I blow myself up among women and children".
Scary in my opinion.

Most civilizations have the society built up on laws and rules to keep people in check. In the old days the concept of Laws and Rules where quite different and wouldn't keep most of the society in check. Therefore the concept of a greater beeing called God, was created. Most likely not by one single person. I believe it developed for a few hundred years.

A "man" that has the power to destroy and create anything, the power to choose who is gonna die or not and a "man" that no one can see would scare any living soul at that time since the level of consciousness wasn't higher.

Today religon is a highly misused tool in almost all of the different religons we have on this earth.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Akezzon]

Which of the 'seven deadly sins': lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride (as listed on Wikipedia) are we 'evolved' humans dealing with any better today than people did back in 'flat earth' days? And where have you heard a Christian talk about blowing themselves up?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4meAnd where have you heard a Christian talk about blowing themselves up?

In Northern Ireland, in the early 1990s, as part of the Provisional IRA campaign 1969-1997, the IRA used the tactic it called the the "proxy bomb" -a sort of involuntary suicide bomb, where a victim was kidnapped and forced to drive a car bomb into its target. In one infamous operation in Derry in 1990, the PIRA chained a Catholic civilian to a car laden with explosives, held his family hostage and forced him to drive to a British Army checkpoint as a "human bomb" where the bomb exploded, killing himself and five soldiers. This practice was stopped due to the revulsion its caused among the Irish nationalist community.

During the Crusades, the Knights Templar destroyed one of their own ships, killing 140 Christians in order to kill ten times as many Muslims. Another early example of suicide bombing occurred during the Belgian Revolution, when the Dutch Lieutenant Jan van Speijk detonated his own ship in the harbour of Antwerp to prevent being captured by the Belgians.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wat they do to me-
Erything-
I couldve been so much better

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join