It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

IMO, most Christians will NOT recognize the Christ when IT comes.
you will be too blinded by literalistic anthropomorphizing divine evolution into an external composite character.

It's already here.. right under your nose... er.. skin...

Remember Ecco Homo.. he/they will be presented to the masses as the true Christ, ... and they will mock and laugh at it in complete over-confident ignorance...
Until it/they/the christened.. rise from the ashes of abomination's desolation... in red, white, and blue lustre.. iluminated glory and true liberation...

but you don't get what I'm saying do you... so back to your children's book interpretation...
someone "outside of yourselves" will save you .. yadda yadda..

-

[edit on 15-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I suggest you read the post again.

Once again is it automatically assumed that I talk about Christianaty alone.
I am using the word religon. Christianity is not THE religon.

People handle the deadly sin crap alot better today because they more and more have started to realize, along with our evolving spirituality and consioousness ( which has nothing to do with religon I might add ), that we don't need a god or a religon to tell us what to do.
The 10 "laws" don't scare people today as they did before.

That many still live their lifes after some old book is totally up to them.
What makes me angry are does who believe they are better in anyway just because they believe highly in what is written in a book.

Christianity, Islam, Hinduism...it doesn't matter, everyone have the right to believe what they want. But they should keep that to themselves and within like minded groups and not try stuff it up in someones butt by force to someone that doesn't want it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by novacs4meAnd where have you heard a Christian talk about blowing themselves up?

In Northern Ireland, in the early 1990s, as part of the Provisional IRA campaign 1969-1997, the IRA used the tactic it called the the "proxy bomb" -a sort of involuntary suicide bomb, where a victim was kidnapped and forced to drive a car bomb into its target. In one infamous operation in Derry in 1990, the PIRA chained a Catholic civilian to a car laden with explosives, held his family hostage and forced him to drive to a British Army checkpoint as a "human bomb" where the bomb exploded, killing himself and five soldiers. This practice was stopped due to the revulsion its caused among the Irish nationalist community.

During the Crusades, the Knights Templar destroyed one of their own ships, killing 140 Christians in order to kill ten times as many Muslims. Another early example of suicide bombing occurred during the Belgian Revolution, when the Dutch Lieutenant Jan van Speijk detonated his own ship in the harbour of Antwerp to prevent being captured by the Belgians.

wiki.answers.com...

The 'troubles' in Ireland had a whole lot more to do with family and clan tradition than with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Your second example doesn't really incriminate the 140 Christians who were sacrificed, IMHO. Men were often shanghaied (pulled off the street and forced to serve on a ship). Perhaps with a bit more detail, that OLD event might have some bearing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
I was trying to clarify a point for the person that asked about why it would take that death to do these things.

I really don't see how you can justify this to yourself.
It's no good accusing pagans and others of human sacrifice, when current Christianity is built around it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have to say honestly if I was to be completely memory wiped and had to start from ground zero in the way of acquiring a new set of rules to follow for society and had only one persons teachings in history to follow (Regardless if the person was Fictional or Non-Fictional, since I believe Jesus to be Fictional) it might have to be Jesus.

Old boy was all about helping people out and instead of just teaching communism he was actually practicing it.

NOT stoning people. In fact trying to get other people to not throw rocks. I think Jesus coined the phrase "Those who live in glass houses..." or something like that.

Feeding the Hungry and providing clean drinking water for the thirsty.

Sharing everything he had.

Curing diseases and injuries.

Teaching people to question themselves and their teachings.

Turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor and your enemy

ALL of the coolest and best parts of other religions from history get combined into one super peaceful good belief system with Jesus.

What a freaking shame that Christianity dug it's ugly claws into the name of Jesus and used his message for such a dirty shameful purpose.

There ARE some REALLY GREAT churches out there that do SO MUCH to try and spread the word of this dude Jesus. Unfortunately they are overshadowed by all the horror and greed that so many churches do currently this very minute if you were to turn on your local religious channel.

Either Jesus or Rambo.

Because let's face it, a raving mob of armed religious suicide soldiers is going to care very little about what your message is unless that message is coming from 1.5 Klicks away out the barrel of a .50 cal sniper rifle.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

But they should keep that to themselves and within like minded groups and not try stuff it up in someones butt by force to someone that doesn't want it.

Please refer to my previous post about the Great Commission. I think you could have easily avoided a thread with the name 'Jesus' in it, if you wanted to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You mean that people that starts Jesus threads only have the agenda to force the religion on its readers?

Ofc I can avoid them. But I also like to debate.
I have nothing really against others faith. But I do react and start to debate when others start to claim that other persons are "empty" and "depressed" and such foolishness only because they don't share the same beliefs. When this happens I get aggrovated.

And what you write cuts both ways. If those who believe in a book so much can't take contradictions they should avoid sites like this.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

You mean that people that starts Jesus threads only have the agenda to force the religion on its readers?

If someone tries to force Christianity on you, resist. Jesus did not force himself upon those who believe in Him, and does not tell US to do that. No, He told us to go preach the good news, that he defeated death, hell, and sin on our behalf, and on the behalf of ALL people. Hell still exists, but only for those who reject His unimaginable sacrifice. Every evil thought and action ever conceived before or after his hours on the cross was placed upon him, and he received the just punishment for all of OUR sin. Being without sin, he could do that for us. The most famous Bible verse is John 3:16: 'For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life'. Jesus proved that he could do what he claimed he could, by resurrecting from the dead. As I have said before, if he did not come back from the dead, then none of this should be believed.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

In other words, this was put in so the well to do Christians have a cop out when the lesser humans start wailing and screaming- like I have. Well done, Jesus and Paul. I get to sit here and suffer for the entertainment of a deity while you take others and give them ALL I asked for in good faith and trust.

It's classist, it's abuse. It's STUPID.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Ya left out the parts where he called gentiles 'dogs' and they were only to get the crumbs. Hooray for Jesus, huh? No one ever points out in the Bible he always, ALWAYS hung out with the rich- He spent as little time as possible around the poor, the lonely- and only played doctor to keep his image from really going downhill and mess with the Jews.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Seems to me a God that expects blind obedience, absolute worship, enjoys inflicting pain and suffering on his own creations then wipe them all out when he gets miffed and has his minions preaching the end of the world is not a God I would follow

Seems to me like he is the bad guy... and the other guy got a bad rap. You know the one who is all about free will and giving us knowledge

too many typos dang those lortabs

[edit on 15-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Bombeni

In other words, this was put in so the well to do Christians have a cop out when the lesser humans start wailing and screaming- like I have. Well done, Jesus and Paul. I get to sit here and suffer for the entertainment of a deity while you take others and give them ALL I asked for in good faith and trust.

It's classist, it's abuse. It's STUPID.

Help me understand what your beef with God is. Did you ask Him for money or what?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

Seems to me a God that expects blind obedience, absolute worship, enjoys inflicting pain and suffering on his own creations then wipe them all out when he gets miffed and has his minions preaching the end of the world is not a God I would floow

Seems to me like he is the bad guy... and the other guy got a bad rap. You know the one who is all aobiut free will and giving us knowledge

Couldn't put it better myself

Every time I point this out, though, it is met with silence.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

reply to post by Bombeni

Seems to me a God that expects blind obedience, absolute worship, enjoys inflicting pain and suffering on his own creations then wipe them all out when he gets miffed and has his minions preaching the end of the world is not a God I would floow

Seems to me like he is the bad guy... and the other guy got a bad rap. You know the one who is all aobiut free will and giving us knowledge

Couldn't put it better myself

Every time I point this out, though, it is met with silence.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but there don't seem to be a lot of Christians hanging out on this thread right now. This could be the reason for the silence. I personally don't recognize the god you are describing. I don't know him. I only know Jesus, and through Him, the Father and the Holy Spirit. None of them sound like the guy you describe. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but there don't seem to be a lot of Christians hanging out on this thread right now. This could be the reason for the silence. I personally don't recognize the god you are describing. I don't know him. I only know Jesus, and through Him, the Father and the Holy Spirit. None of them sound like the guy you describe. Sorry.

I don't just mean in this thread. I mean every time I bring this up.

If you don't recognize the God being described, then perhaps you should read the bible again.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you don't recognize the God being described, then perhaps you should read the bible again.

Excellent idea! If I find your god, I'll let you know!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You will always meet people like that. People who blame God for our misery.

People dont understand that our misery is totally created by our selves.
They also blame religion for being evil. They dont blame the man who is teaching the evil deeds or wrong knowledge. No it has to be religion period. The evil man walks free to exploit other bad deeds.

I like the passage where the bible say something like this:

We shouldn't hate the man who sine or do bad things. But we should hate the evil and bad things that he does.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Excellent idea! If I find your god, I'll let you know!

He's certainly not my God.
I'm batting for the other team.
But do let me know what it is like to look your God in the eye.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
sometimes i wonder if most christians just ignore the longer, more boring, less intelligible portion of the bible, and head straight for the final chapters.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
sometimes i wonder if most christians just ignore the longer, more boring, less intelligible portion of the bible, and head straight for the final chapters.

It would certainly seem so.
Hence the denial.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join