It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, I got it!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Geladinhu

Sure. And what's nice, what's really nice about it, is in the "space" of your way of being, the innocent and the vulnerable have nothing to fear, and there's the miracle of it, and the resolution to the problems of this world.

If I asked to speak to the voice of your "Big Heart", or the yin female nurturing aspect of "the totality", what would it what would you have to say about our world (please write something more substantial here than a few lines and an emoticon if you could, thanks).

Since you have done so much for me, I will do this for you.
But before I say anything valuable, I need to understand better what you mean by "our world".

If you could please elucidate me on what exactly is "our world" I will tell you what my Big Heart feels about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty
I agree with both of you. As I continue to get enlightened in some areas of my life, I still have revelations where I have been doing something so blatantly unconscious. Every time I confront my subconscious and take a long and often hard battle with my own ego another part of me strips away.

Whether we like to think it or not our subconscious runs a huge, and terrible part of our lives sometimes when we forget that it is a part of us. Lately I have come to the a few solid conclusions:

1. Shoving things like drama and leftover emotions into your deep unconscious that you don't like is bad. It is bad because you will be influenced by these, knowingly or unknowingly.

2. It is never them who need to change, ever. It is always and only ever you who need to do the changing.

3. Don't go preach about how others need to lose their ego to them. You can only show them the door, they have to step through.

4. Before you give anyone any advice, ask yourself "But do I know myself?"

5. Any time you're mad at anyone for anything it's just your own inner frustration. Once you really make the connection, things will change.

That's about it so far. I realize these are kind of catch-22 in the way that I'm essentially "preaching" my ideas right now. I guess on one hand I realize I still have many, many faults even though I consider myself on the way to spiritual freedom.

Very well.
I agree with the points you learned until now.
I believe you are doing just perfect.

I'd like to add something that could help.
Freedom is faulty, if you want to be free, don't worry about your faults.
Pay attention to them, but do not worry about them.
They always have something to tell you, just listen and do not judge.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

Those are great guidelines.

It reminds me of a quote I heard, something like, "wherever you see trouble, the trouble is within you."

And never mistake anything for the thing itself! And if that sounds like a contradiction in terms, that's because it is, because language is also a very fundamental part of the problem. We have words for things but the words are never the things themselves, and in fact cause much confusion about that which they refer. So I refer to trying to know the thing itself, which is also Zen Buddhism and the pursuit of satori and samadhi.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The fact that we're even able to have a conversation about this right now should tell us all it's happening
Seriously, in the 40s, do you think they were talking like this at all? We have it so good guys.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty
The fact that we're even able to have a conversation about this right now should tell us all it's happening
Seriously, in the 40s, do you think they were talking like this at all? We have it so good guys.

Buddhist monks, most likely... Westerners? Not so much!
Things have changed quite a bit... it gives me a slight glimmer of hope.
But there's so much doom and gloom goin' around all the time...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
Buddhist monks, most likely... Westerners? Not so much!
Things have changed quite a bit... it gives me a slight glimmer of hope.
But there's so much doom and gloom goin' around all the time...

IMO, most of the doom and gloom comes from the ones clinging to the old. Change is coming, that is almost a sure thing. There's people that believe it will be good, bad, or neither. I think neither is the true answer. It is going to be both good and bad, not as 2 different things but one. I'm not sure if I'm making sense. I guess I'm saying I think duality is going to be a thing of the past.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Where are you on the 12 step program?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You know what I get?

That everything on this earth is made from the most simplest of things.

Look at the earth when it was created, and look at the technology now.

If you had the knowledge then, you could have created all of it...

My point?

A goal in my life before death is to explore most of the world. By exploring most of the world, I will achieve the sense that I have explored everything possible here on the earth.

I get it. What is it that I get? What I want out of this life. I know what I want. Do you know what you want?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Epic !!!!!

Star and flag

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Our world, planet earth, as in the perspective from the silver surfer in your avatar, speaking from Big Heart, about well, whatever Big Heart would like to say about it, a message for our age if you will. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TSer78

I'm at 10, 11 and 12, but I still drink and was never an alchoholic, just an addictive type who enjoyed the fellowship and the great wisdom.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Congratulations on getting it, whatever that "it" is to you at the current time.

As a previous poster put it so well, language is the problem. Verbalizing such things is impossible.

I like to call it an epiphany personally.

I can't remember if I read it or heard it somewhere, but an epiphany is like being "smacked by God". I love being smacked by God, call me a masochist.

I do agree that looking for something just makes it harder to find. It is when you are open to experience, when you do what you are compelled to do (such as you were compelled to post this thread) that is when what you need finds you.

One day, I was driving around on country roads, lost in thought, and I looked up at the sky as I was reaching the top of a hill. It was sometime around sunset. I saw the sun, the clouds, the colors cast across the sky. I stopped and I appreciated it. I felt like the sky was painted for me. I felt like all in life is art. Everything is an expression. A masterpiece that we all see differently.

Thanks for the thread, OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have read through five pages of this and have come to the conclusion most of you are still stuck in ego.

No one that becomes enlightened shouts "I got it"!

The world is mystery...and yet it is not real.

We make this world what it is and once one becomes enlightened the world will cease to exist...for it is nothing.

To dwell on the world...to think about it just makes it more real.

One must stop the internal dialogue so the world as our collective has made it will become nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Bull#! And the worldl does not "vanish" when one becomes enlightened, just undivided, and we wouldn't even know about this stuff, if people down through the ages didn't exclaim "I got it" starting with Buddha, and Christ.

You are projecting, and must be filled with ego yourself to see that.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Honestly, I've given up on striving for "enlightenment". I once thought I was enlightened, but I didn't have any real-life responsibilities to deal with at the time.

I don't personally see myself ever living perpetually perched upon some (intellectual) cloud of nirvana. I don't think spiritual enlightenment is a destination. I think maintaining an inner openness and honesty with oneself is just a method of living to help keep one on course.

Denying the ego or trying to overcome it, I personally think, is a futile effort. I would rather acknowledge it, measure it, try to understand it, value what can be valued, take what is useful, laugh at what is not, and move forward.

We as humans are inherently absurd and I don't think we should take ourselves so seriously.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by LoneGunMan

Bull#! And the worldl does not "vanish" when one becomes enlightened, just undivided, and we wouldn't even know about this stuff, if people down through the ages didn't exclaim "I got it" starting with Buddha, and Christ.

You are projecting, and must be filled with ego yourself to see that.

Well I did not mean to have you project to the world what I am doing!

Peace to you friend.

I was not trying to project anything but giving my advice on being humble and not needing to tell everyone I got it.

Siddhārtha Gautama did not claim to get it. He led by example and stayed humble teaching what he knew. Same with Christ.

Siddhārtha Gautama said "I am awake"

Meaning we are all God and the world is nothing but the collective.

Why did you attack me?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sorry if I got carried away there.

I guess I was defending self expression and the immense value of communication

and we're trying to get liberated from ego, and it hurt my ego I guess to be accused of still being stuck in it, which I am, and I get so close to this experience, but it seems to elude me by a hair.

To to be honest I think you struck a chord, plus I was judging your judgement, which I still believe was false, that someone would not proclaim something at the point of awakening, maybe even get wierd just to provoke people and shake them up a bit.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Any tradition or person that doesn't understand the insidious nature of the ego, the ego we're born into, is not on the right track. Even people on these forums that talk of enlightenment seem to have never had a hatred or problem with their ego. When the ego is used for the self, it is worthless.

What is the meaning of life?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

Different answers depending on a person's progression, but using ego correctly is a good start.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

To to be honest I think you struck a chord, plus I was judging your judgement, which I still believe was false, that someone would not proclaim something at the point of awakening, maybe even get wierd just to provoke people and shake them up a bit.

I know I did stuck a chord, it was on purpose.

I am a trickster...the Coyote. I did this to blow you out of your ego just for a moment so you would "see" again.

Yes it is normal upon an awakening to proclaim it. This is the very beginning of the path.

Some claim to be a Shaman. i leaned the way of the Shaman in some heartbreaking life changing events and I "see" sometimes then somethimes I dont.

The world is mystery and as soon as it is not mystery we grow old and stagnant.

Your reply was very much an enlightened one.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In my opinion if you truly "got it" everything would be like the fingers on your hand... why should one finger be humble or egoic about its job, they are all part of the same hand.

If you are struggling with being humble about what you understood or accomplished then what you accomplished is one wonderful step along the path.

(I posted this 7-16-09 at 1721. Shows on "my posts" but doesn't show up in the thread for some reason... weird)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join