It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, I got it!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If your intention with this thread was for me to question why I am on ATS, what is my purpose here, and what am I doing here? Good job. I am as clueless now as I was before I arrived here.

Another 20 seconds wasted in my quest to discover the truth...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Heavens to Murgatroyd you did. Truth is a fast snake in the grass.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Isn't anyone who claims to have had a satori, a satori hoaxer..? True Zen would say that kind of thing.

True Zen would never say anything.

Or at least it would never say it is True Zen. Consequently whatever "True Zen" said that whoever claims to have had a satori is a satori hoaxer is a "True Zen" hoaxer.

Ha! Good one!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow... this is the most interesting 15 pages of meaningful nonsense I think I've ever read. Thanks Alex(es)! I love how the name is not gender specific, but I hear Ben Stiller in my head reading your posts...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

If your intention with this thread was for me to question why I am on ATS, what is my purpose here, and what am I doing here? Good job. I am as clueless now as I was before I arrived here.

My truth is... we, like the beings of Azeroth, have been divided from the history of our planet and the knowledge of our universe and ourselves, because of greed and power (or greed of power).

Or you might call it evil, but Arthas (and those people like him on Earth) is little more than a slave. Alex here is like the Kirin Tor, speaking magical incantations to bring peace to the warring planet so that they may all progress.

Just a thought. Go find your truth and then read this thread again when you do.

(I recommend canceling your WoW account for a couple months of deep study.)

[edit on 7/14/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
If we are all one as they say, then in what way are we separate, and what divides and unites us (my question mark key has stopped working)

oh and what is THE most fundamental problem facing the world right nowÉ

Changing your language settings may be the first step to fixing your question mark dilemma.

Got it?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

My truth is... we, like the beings of Azeroth, have been divided from the history of our planet and the knowledge of our universe and ourselves, because of greed and power (or greed of power).

Or you might call it evil, but Arthas (and those people like him on Earth) is little more than a slave. Alex here is like the Kirin Tor, speaking magical incantations to bring peace to the warring planet so that they may all progress.

Just a thought. Go find your truth and then read this thread again when you do.

(I recommend canceling your WoW account for a couple months of deep study.)

[edit on 7/14/2009 by eMachine]

OPs thread is akin to somebody saying "I have THE secret to life. The true meaning. The big concept that ties EVERYTHING together. This is it people. Look no further. The truth I have discovered. So, does anyone here not get it?"

P.S.: The thing is, WoW actually has a point and defined challenges for you to overcome. It has a story line and a purpose for those who play it. As for this thread? It has none of these things.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

P.S.: The thing is, WoW actually has a point and defined challenges for you to overcome. It has a story line and a purpose for those who play it. As for this thread? It has none of these things.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

Yes, exactly. I think that's the point.

Like Blizzard does with WoW, the 'powers-that-be' and the man-made constructs in this world give the rest of us this idea that there are quests we must complete to achieve a certain end.

When we go along with 'the game', we find that the creators of these man-made constructs only give us more to strive for, and in so striving we are always focused on getting something we do not yet have, instead of experiencing the present that we are now living.

Like WoW, none of these man-made constructs that we live in are real. They are a distraction from the cheat-codes within us.

You are free to continue counting the seconds in your life. I wasted about 3 years waiting for cooldowns myself.

All I'm saying is, there is something to be said for saying nothing. And a little patience can go a long way when you're looking for the truth. There is not much you can learn in just 20 seconds, but the truth can find you in an instant when you're not in a hurry.

Good luck though, I truly hope you find what you need.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
there is nothing to get i believe. everything just is. we need to stop comparing and relating everything to ourselves and our views and beliefs. to each his own. discuss to get an understanding, not to judge.

the answer simplified. everything just....is, in relation to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_another_yourself
the answer simplified. everything just....is, in relation to.

In relation to what..?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Geladinhu

Gelad, you are so right right right!!!

You are it - that is what people have to realise. The only person you should care for and rely on is YOU.
what! you've got it?the only person you should care for is you!.i wouldn't like being your child or friend, if you had that type of attitude.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think the story of the master saying

"if I do not go to HELL who would go to HELL to save you ?"

will sound good right about now

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by third_eye

Maybe there WAS such a master..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

yes there was ........

I don't remember the full details ... the story goes .... something like this

an apprentice asked his master if he would enter heaven when he died
the master replied "no, I would surely go to hell"
the apprenticed shocked added "How can that be ? You pray , meditate bla bla bla and is a great master of the Scriptures, surely you will go to heaven (nirvana)"

to which the master replied
" If I do not go to hell, who would go to hell to save you ? "

sorry ..... I'm on working hours and in the office .... busy to google the story
seek it ..... it's a good one

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

# eh iv gotten it for awhile, so have my buddy's. i know exactly what your talking about

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions

Now this is the serious post of them all.
WATER IS THE BEST THING EVER.
Ask me why.
I'm waiting.

It goes with the flow?
OH DANG.

I was going to say that it just tastes good.
(Even though some people say it has no taste, I say to them: no taste is good!)

But your point works even better then mine.

I was thinking exactly what you thought, that it tastes good.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the thing that came to me was the old Chinese saying .....

softest and yielding yet the hardest of stones and strongest iron yields to it

~just me i guess

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hey OP, have you ever read "As one is" by J. Krishnamurti? A great book I think sums up what you just "got" in a quite understanding way.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so apparently you are all knowing huh? Well in your opinion what is it that will push the whole world into a new era? Do you understand my question, let me explain there was the evolution as monkeys evolved into humans. Then the Neolithic Revolution came and people were able to sustain villages, and there was a huge population boom. All the metal ages, and revolutions. Then the industrial revultion. And finally the latest one that i'd like to call the computer revolution. There are many different names, theories and conspiricies with the revolutions i mentioned. And i'm not here to question that i'm here to find out anyones opinion on the next revolution that will put the world into a new perspective for every one.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NorTom

Nope, never read that book.
But I've read some stuff from Krishnamurti.
I like his knowledge.
Maybe I should look for other stuff from him, it could help me to express myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join