It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just amazing, Guy can boil water with his own energy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Awakening The Third Eye Third Edition.pdf
www....(nolink)/download.php?3ymummjnnjt

Qi-Gong Lessons.pdf
www....(nolink)/download.php?rwk1ujyommo

Qi-Gong and Kuji-In.pdf
www....(nolink)/download.php?jzgwjllu5wt

Find Qi-Gong videos on isohunt.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by borrowedname]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
The "PTB" try to steer our thinking in any direction they think advantageous to their own means. "Qi", is not on their radar.

That is the whole point of tptb though. You think they want money or are pushed forward by a psychological lust for power? That is just the half of it, they want the life force of humans to use for their own means. That is where the ideas of sacrificing to appease the gods comes from, life force energy to manipulate reality.
In short, qi is not only on their rader, keeping knowledge of it is the main tool that gives them their power. Think about it, knowledge of qi is knowledge of god and your place in the universe, it holds the serects to long life, good health, the nature of reality and our interaction with it. It could lead to enermous power being used for good instead of evil, big pharma and big farmer would take the hit first. People would be at peace and not be so quick to panic.
The possibilities would be endless.

Qi kung is gaining knowledge of yourself and therefore all reality, it is the prerequisite for any type of enlightenment. The PTB do not want this.

Originally posted by cranberrydorkThis has nothing to do with anyone trying to convince us "qi is a backward idea."

Perhaps but that is the first reaction of skeptics in my experience, this thread is not much differant.

Originally posted by cranberrydorkIt has everything to do with simple reasoning skills. If you can watch the "production" in question, and come away thinking, that could be!!!, then you absolutely must accept that a man in a cheap tuxedo could saw a beautiful woman into multiple parts....distribute the parts around a stage....then re-assemble the woman with no apparent damage. Or possibly that the man in the goofy top hat is actually transmogrifying wispy scarves into white doves.

How is that anything alike? Even so I will entertain your point, why it is differant is all the evidence and thousands of years of knowledge across the planet that relate to qi manipulation and the fact that there is no actual occourance where someone is disembodied and then reformed in our waking reality ( this is not so for the astral planes, this happens A LOT in the astral planes, as I posted a few pages back, illusions were born with the practice of real magic ).

Originally posted by cranberrydorkI'm not discounting the unknown abilities of the human mind and body. The problem is the disinclination for these people to withstand some scrutiny......ya' know, Ponzi schemes and other cons rely on the "mark's" reluctance to scrutinize what is offered. Hucksters count on it.

Most likely, but Iam not going to form my opinion on the existance of subtle energies on one dubious video. If its fake its fake, I still find it interesting and it is food for my mind. It might very well be real and just because I believe it to be does not make me gullable or a "mark". Its not like hes hustling tourists on a sidewalk as skeptics on this thread repeat incessantly.

Originally posted by cranberrydorkEvery skill I claim to have......and I have claimed some rather unique skills.....I will gladly demonstrate to anyone......with no reservations.

Qi is not of that nature. Life changes every moment based on uncountable differant factors, so does the flow of qi energy. Qi movement is like the opposite of spiritual inertia

Originally posted by cranberrydorkMany people in this thread are claiming their thinking to be more advanced. Weird that is.

It is more advanced in that it is a point of view that looks at the wider picture and makes it into a concise series of links that make irrefutable sense. And the skeptics view is one that by its nature segregates information and creates blockages........that is........ inertia.

Originally posted by cranberrydork Funny, there is no problem with the scientific instrument (created as a result of science's effort) used during the video......without any doubt or reservations as to its validity.....yet, suggest that a formal test be done--with scientists--and suddenly.....SCIENCE SUCKS!!!!!

There are many types of science. Its just that prevalent academic thinking is tainted by its own self importance and funding from sources that do not want certain things to come forward.

Originally posted by cranberrydork Finally......this thread is entertaining anyway.

Anything worth discovering useually is.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
If you've never studied, practiced or experienced chi, you really
have no business even commenting on whether its "real" or not.
How can you know something if you've never experienced it?
Ever heard of tai chi and how many people in the world practice
and are benefited by it?

I think this could be applied as easily to religion as Mike has pointed out. Let me change a few words around and show you.

If you've never studied, practiced or experienced Scientology, you really have no business even commenting on whether its "real" or not. How can you know something if you've never experienced it?

Why is it you know Scientology to be a fraud?

Apply that same reasoning to all you hold sacred and dear.

??????????????????????????????

Profit

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I think this could be applied as easily to religion as Mike has pointed out. Let me change a few words around and show you.

If you've never studied, practiced or experienced Scientology, you really have no business even commenting on whether its "real" or not. How can you know something if you've never experienced it?

Why is it you know Scientology to be a fraud?

Apply that same reasoning to all you hold sacred and dear.

??????????????????????????????

Profit

Not so, everything has a grain of truth in it. How do you think cults like scientology exist and gain such devotion from their subjects? They arent just insane or mind controlled.They give a bunch of irrefutable truths and sacred knowledge, but fill the rest with propaganda and outright nonesense. The Scientologists have a system quite simular to qi (and all the other major religions) and surprise surprise a lot of the drugs prescribed by psychiatrists and their methods used were and are bad as they also believe.

All religions and most cults adhere to the exact same concepts just wrapped up and manipulated from regular observation and indoctrination.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Jease so much "straight-face" anger at eachother!!

Please stop the criticism and talk and batting your heads at each other. Despite which ever side you take on this, I don't really care, but honestly, highly biased competition over opinions will not achieve anything.

You will only be capable of beneficial reasoning in a conversation if you all sit down, express your views and accept and consider everyone elses.

-----------------

For those that want my view.

I completely believe in it. I can channel energy, which is extremely simple. Channeling across the body, from another source or person, and reiki, etc.

Channeling heat though takes more effort though. A little hard to explain, kinda like a muscle you have to realize is there and learn to control for lack of a better explanation. I taught myself to heat my hands up just by doing this. This last winter, while working on the farm, often I'd do this, after say about 30,45 seconds, my frozen fingers would feel like I just stuck them next to a fire place, and you can feel some heat radiating off of them. I know a couple people that know this, and it's fun teaching friends.

I couldn't imagine being able to do this to the amount that the master in the video could though.

A friend of mine who is quite gifted can change the weight of his body to an extent, "feathering himself" is what he calls it. I myself do not know how to do this, nor have I put sufficient time into it to really try.

In saying my experience and opinion, understand that I do not feel obligated to prove myself to anyone. Though if someone wishes, I can point them to some material they can look into, given that the person has a non biased view/open mind when doing so.

But honestly, I don't feel a need to shove down anyone's throat and I'm perfectly at peace if anyone has different views. Just hope everyone will at least just put what I've said into consideration.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am really surprised that no one has mentioned Bruce Lee's famous one inch punch.(look it up)

I saw him do this and was amazed...

S + F to the OP..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Invisible energy you channel across your body is not an "opinion" or a "view". It is not FAITH! Someone does not take harnessing the mind to control invisible energy and manipulate matter and bend and break the laws of physics as an opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by borrowedname

Thank-You very much for the links.

Looks like I have me some reading to do..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

My opinion is that the video is real.

My experience is that it is possible.

The "Laws of Physics" are only written theories on what is physically possible.

Though I feel these statements you've made have no relation to the point in my post and shouldn't be a reason dismiss my statements based by my wording.

I apologize if this was a pet peeve of yours,

All is well.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's not all tricks. Some of the things that are shown in videos are definitely tricks, but much of it is real.

I had 7 years of qigong training. I began to be able to move the qi through my body. It was no trick, nor was it my imagination. I devised a very sensitive thermometer that could detect minute differences in temperature between my hands, and could shift the qi between the hands, first causing one hand to warm up, then the other.

No way I could "boil water". I doubt I could make more than about one degree (Fahrenheit) difference between hands. But even someone with such little training as I had (seven years is nothing), I could cause temperature changes.

Cut out all the magic tricks and fraud, and there is still a core of stuff that we don't know about yet, things that are surprising and unexpected.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Majestic23, my knowledge and beliefs, by observing your posts, is basically mutual with yours.

People in powerful places may indeed be trying to keep this all secret. Wither it's for some "evil" reason or simply just for power/greed. I do not know.

Witholding knowledge from sharing is easy. But it is impossible to battle such knowledge in a legal sense.

Most religions in that (in fundamental beleifs) try to teach honesty and happiness, (though many think otherwise because of the many misunderstandings and misinterpretations within religions which result in vile actions), these religions subconsciously teach us how to use our ability to channel energy and use law of attraction, resulting in whats called "miracles."
The credit is then given to a divine label, but the people never know that it was really themselves that brought this wishes to come true.

Yes I do believe there is a divine creator/spirit you can pray too, but not in the same sense that dogma religions claim.

(sorry, I tend to go all over the wall when trying to make a point)

But basically what I'm saying is, religions use partial truths, and fill in the gaps with fairy tails. They teach you of the right way of living to live in happiness (that is if the person has not taught on with misinterpretations and misunderstandings [Christians: "gays are bad" for example]) And these religions teach you how to use your gifts and energy to manifest what you want, while misleading you on the credit of the "miracles".

Sorry, I have trouble explaining myself sometimes, I apoligize if you had trouble fallowing me.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sorry, I have trouble explaining myself sometimes, I apoligize if you had trouble fallowing me.

I have the same problem but you explained yourself very well

I also tend to agree with you 100 percent..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
BTW, the title to this thread is wrong, the old guy doesn't boil water...I watched the entire video.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

This friction – heat argument doesn’t make sense. Why should the ability to create heat through rubbing your hands together prove that someone can spontaneously produce heat that a simple friction mechanism cannot explain?

As before, I can build up a static charge in my finger but that doesn’t mean I can shoot lightning bolts out of my head.

Regardless this is all moot; the whole dispute is about this is whether the phenomenon even exists; you are trying to explain how it works before establishing that first fact.

If it is possible to produce such large amounts of heat through the means you suggest then for me to believe that I would need for it to be done under controlled conditions where I can rule out things such as understood, external chemical reactions. That is pretty much all I am saying.

reply to post by Majestic23

You are taking what I said out of context from the original post. Furthermore I did not say look, in certain cimcumstances this can be observed, I said camera as in filmed.

There are a number of things wrong with this; firstly if it can be observed then all the arguments so far stand, i.e. it is perfectly legitimate to want those claiming such abilities to submit to scientific observation before we buy into it.

Secondly, why are cameras so deadly but other distractions are fine? Your explanations are just as devoid of evidence as the base claim, thus just as questionable.

Why do I believe them and not you, other than my own personal experiences and the fact that academic science is VERY SLOWLY catching up to these concepts? And the fact that there is no logical reason for subtle energy forces to not exist and plenty to suggest they do?

I refer you back to what I said earlier; if a medium tells you that what he is doing is real and you have no other explanation do you simply take his word for it?

Also, what peer reviewed paper has detailed any hypothesis that would allow for a monk to run at 50mph but then die when a camera is pointed at him?

How is it nearly every long established belief system from all around the world wholeheartedly believe in a life force style energy? And saying it was just a simple way to explain what modern science knows now is not a viable answer.

lol you can’t ask me a question then tell me I’m not allowed to give you a particular answers. Poke holes in my answer all you like but you can’t dismiss it before I’ve even given it!

Since I can’t give you the most logical answer I’ll point out that, if I’m not forgetting anyone, all cultures wholeheartedly believed that we were the centre of the universe but this has now been proven to be completely incorrect.

Why should any ancient consensus be beyond reproach purely by virtue of age?

Not so, everything has a grain of truth in it.

There wasn’t in my claim about summoning angles, that in itself proves this statement wrong.

reply to post by dodadoom

How can you know something if you've never experienced it?

I know Mars exists but I've never seen it, touched it or anything of the sort.

Ahhh, I must make this my last post. I’m spending far too much time on this!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

This isn't a reply to that particular post but all posts by Kaytagg...

I understand.

I know it is hard to believe in things of this nature. Its hard because for every real Qi-Kung master there are a hundred that are fake. Just like for every real UFO sighting there are an hundred that are fake. Its the human condition of envy to want what others have, weather that be an ability or an experience.

The guy in the OP's video is probably a fake, just for the very fact that he is on Ripley's Believe it or Not. No REAL Qi-Kung master would actually share this in this manner.

I'm not asking you to believe this video or others of its ilk. I just want you to open your mind to the possibility of it being true.

I can't remember who said it but... "In order to be a real seeker of truth, you have to, for at least a moment, doubt ALL things."

oh, and by the way...

"So give me a mother flippin break that "the energy can't be harnessed if someone smart is looking." That's such a load of bunk that the only person you could possibly by convincing with this kind of skewed logic is yourself."

For one thing, scientists aren't smart, they are knowledgeable. There is a HUGE difference between having knowledge and being able to apply it, and actually being intelligent.

And secondly, yes. The energy can't be harnessed if someone is watching, and here is why...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
I am really surprised that no one has mentioned Bruce Lee's famous one inch punch.(look it up)

I saw him do this and was amazed...

heh.. I did bring this up.. A few pages ago.. But the debunkers in here failed to even touch that part..

So the debunkers want me to prove Chi energy.

Okay Right after you proove Gravity to me!!!
Please tell me what the nature of the spirit is.. Tell me just what Gravity is!!

Wait.. You will say.. No you brought it up.. You have to tell us what this "chi" is that you speak of..
Like most things in this world.. Our little minds can not understand the depths of these things..
Someday maybe.. But right now.. All I see is more back and forth.. pandering about something NO ONE can proove!!

I can NOT proove anything to you!! Are you happy now?

So Please proove gravity to me.. And while you are at it.. What is the nature of our aura? Why does it show up on sertin film yet not others..

We can go on and on.. But lets not.. As in the end.. Proof is a string of numbers.. Or something you can test with a MAN made instrument..
Which is already set bias.. As it was man made to begin with..
All proof shows us.. Is our ego is in control..

Granted science is lovely for so many things.. But in this subject.. It tends to turn people in on eachother.. Those of us on this side, are trying to say this.. But you others. Are over there laughing and pointing.. Snickering and sayin under your breath.. What fools.. What none sense.. LOL at them.. Whatever..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Sorry about that.

I did read the thread from start to finish and missed that.

Guess I skimmed over it when trying to avoid getting angry over some of these post's.

Excellent point about gravity...sure wish someone could figure it out..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Aw Buddy. Don't be such a defeatist. You can't give up now. Go back to the part where you were saying that instruments were flawed because they were made by man. I was starting to dig it. Really. Honest.

I mean look at the instruments that Scientology use to measure "Theta Negative Energy". It might not be accurate at all because it is made by man.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedonjuan

And secondly, yes. The energy can't be harnessed if someone is watching, and here is why...

Why doesn’t the practitioner himself count as an observer? Unless you’re suggesting that any study designed to verify the existence of Chi would be done at a quantum level, though I can’t see a need for that.

reply to post by zysin5

heh.. I did bring this up.. A few pages ago.. But the debunkers in here failed to even touch that part..

No I brought up this issue, although it was to do with a “mind punch” but the same principles were claimed.

I posted a video of Derren Brown doing the same thing, but of course Derron Brown admits that everything he does is trickery and manipulation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Mike_A

Seventh post down.

Also, I’m not trying to debunk anything. Just asking for evidence.

So the debunkers want me to prove Chi energy.

Okay Right after you prove Gravity to me!!!
Please tell me what the nature of the spirit is.. Tell me just what Gravity is!!

With regards to gravity, that is observable and has been observed through a large range of experiments from just dropping a ball to putting something in orbit and observing the movement of celestial bodies. We have observed that any object within a certain distance from the Earth will be attracted towards its centre; observation of other celestial bodies shows the same phenomenon. These observations also rule out other forces, for example we know it’s not due to magnetism because none magnetic objects are subject to the same phenomenon. Therefore we know that some force must exist because we can see, measure and quantify its effects and we are able to rule out alternate explanations. We don’t fully understand the hows and whys of gravity but that is a very different thing to knowing it exists and that is all we want from those claiming to be able to manipulate this Chi energy.

As for the nature of the spirit, you’d need to first define spirit and prove that it exists first.

BUT, even if you reject the above and say I’m wrong and I break down and say “fine there’s no evidence gravity exists, you’ve got me”. At BEST all you have done is say that we’re both acting illogically in our blind beliefs. It doesn’t say anything about the validity of Chi.

Btw, no one is asking you to personally prove anything; much less prove it here and now!

All we want is for demonstrations like the one in the OP’s video to be done under controlled circumstances so we can all rule out any manipulation. That’s it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
All we want is for demonstrations like the one in the OP’s video to be done under controlled circumstances so we can all rule out any manipulation. That’s it.

Well thats fair enough.. But it really depends on how you want to have it demonstrated and by whom?
I have been content with the limited knowledge I have on the subject as it stands. I just know this side of the world would surely corupt this old age knowledge within a few years.
I think its also more romantic as it stands too.. Like a suttle poem or a stream. Its a calming factor and I understand it.. Yet in the science view, it will never quite compute..

And honestly I was being a bit pointed about the whole gravity thing.
(you didn't have to go into all that.)
You seem like a man who sees what he sees and takes the world at face value.. If that works for you its good enough for me..

But I live my life a little bit differently.. A little science, and a little spiritual faith makes my life just right..

We are never going to know it all.. So why deny an energy just becasue it can not be tested right now?

History tends to repeat itself.. And alot of people honestly belived the earth was flat before it was put to the test.. Ya know..

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by zysin5

I mean look at the instruments that Scientology use to measure "Theta Negative Energy". It might not be accurate at all because it is made by man.

Now don't get me started on CoS.. lol But everything we see and test is through the eyes of humans.. We are the factor in everything we do..
Its purely bias. And its the human error of logic..
Its whey I have to step outside of science now and then.. Becasue my mind works in this werid way where I hit this road block and repeat myself over and over again.. Much like a computer error!!
Human mental parameters take us only so far.. Science has road blocks..
And CoS is a whole other monster... Scary cult science there my friend..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zysin5]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join