It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just amazing, Guy can boil water with his own energy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

For myself.. I think I made myself pretty clear on the front page.. If you can not be bothered to take the time to read that stuff.. Im not wasting any more time on this thread fighting with close minded children..

I’ve read it, where’s the evidence for it? You saying “this is NOT fake” is meaningless in any empirical sense; even if you do reject some things.

But perhaps my question wasn’t directed at you, if you think you have evidence for this then, regardless of whether that evidence is any good or not, you at least have a reason. My question was directed towards those that are chastising people for asking for controlled demonstrations and evidence before believing something.

Now if your response to criticism is to insult people and call them children then maybe you’re not quite as firm in your convictions as you would like me to believe.

reply to post by Majestic23

Any large exertion of qi is dangerous and breaking concentration can easily lead to death. It is not performed for laughs. Heard about the Tibetan monks? They can apparently make themselves light and run in excess of fifty miles per hour. If you take pictures they will loose concentration and die.

I can turn invisible and summon angels at will but if you look at me while I’m doing it I’ll explode. Do you believe me? Of course not and I wouldn’t expect you to; what sort of filter are you using to determine whether you accept this or not? Why believe them but not me?

reply to post by getreadyalready

I am technically a scientist (chemist). I am also a believer, and I believe eyewitness testimony is pretty strong evidence.

But it isn’t; how do you guard against bias, trickery, mistakes, etc? You can’t, therefore for establishing facts such as these it is far too unreliable. If I gave you a psychic reading and was, by your measure, 100% accurate would you believe me? I could probably do it but I’d be using cold reading and other known and demonstrated techniques to fool you. But because you don’t know them (hypothetically that is) you would believe that I am a genuine psychic. This has been done time and time again by illusionists and psychologists.

As I established earlier when I originally posed the question, all these other phenomenon and religions have there exponents that claim personal experiences that defy explanation but you don’t believe all of them.

I do strongly care if you believe me or not. I don't care what your opinion of the believers is, but I care that something like acupuncture, or massage, or herbal medicine could make you feel better!

So am I, which is why I’m so desperate to see them go through rigorous scientific examination to determine whether something unusual is really happening and, if possible, what is causing it to happen. That’s not an unreasonable thing to ask; after all you wouldn’t let a doctor prescribe medication that you knew hadn’t been through the requisite trials would you. Would you?

reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I think it’s contradictory but I’ll always give people the chance to explain why I’m wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Didn't take long...one quick google.....and as I thought and others have mentioned it's a simple chemical reaction...you can order the "hypno heat" online....

science.ca

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
Skeptics please watch this video

video ..

the part about the monks effecting body temperature. I've seen a documentary on this before and they were studied in a lab.

And I found this on ATS

video ..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 2 cents]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 2 cents]

Altering your body temperature is very much different from heating an object at a range.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

So am I, which is why I’m so desperate to see them go through rigorous scientific examination to determine whether something unusual is really happening and, if possible, what is causing it to happen. That’s not an unreasonable thing to ask; after all you wouldn’t let a doctor prescribe medication that you knew hadn’t been through the requisite trials would you. Would you?

Edit to Add: Eyewitness testimony is sufficient to put someone in jail for their entire life!

I agree with you in principle, but we do let the doctors prescribe treatments that only have trial and error as their backing! Drug trials are exactly that, and they don't always get all the facts out until millions of users start having effects. When my appendix ruptured, the doctors waited 3 days to do "exploratory" surgery, because my white blood cell count wasn't up, and they thought it was just gas! They sent me home twice! Then they operated with no clear objective until they got in there!

I would also love to see hard facts back up the things I've witnessed. There is plenty of scientific fact backing up the benefit of electrical stimulation on healing, they use it from defibrillators to muscle therapy. The only difference is the name: chi vs. current. There is also plenty of evidence of the electro-chemical signals going on within our bodies. There is the 'phenomenon' of the static we build up and discharge on the doorknob! How much of a leap is it to produce some heat, or force from this energy?

Martial artists have proven their ability to choose which brick will break in demonstrations. There is no physical explanation for this, but it is readily observed.

There is the phenomenon of "feeling" someone watching you. It can happen across traffic, and we all know it. There is the phenomenon of making eye contact with someone. If they are looking directly at you, but not making eye contact it is readily apparent, even from a distance.

IMHO, science is a great avenue for understanding, but it is vastly lacking in describing all the things we "know" to be true! Hopefully science will catch up someday!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Can I say it again?

MYTH BUSTED

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I tend to be skeptical of this type of thing. If he can make himself lighter, why not put him on a scale brought by an objective third party and see if he actually can, instead of using framed paper that might be a magic trick? If he can generate heat in a towel, why not ask him to mentally heat a glass of water with a thermometer stuck in it?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Edit to Add: Eyewitness testimony is sufficient to put someone in jail for their entire life!

Science isn’t law; it’s a fallacious to equate them. Though it would be rare for someone to be convicted based solely on eyewitness testimony.

I agree with you in principle, but we do let the doctors prescribe treatments that only have trial and error as their backing! Drug trials are exactly that, and they don't always get all the facts out until millions of users start having effects.

This is still consistent with my point; trials aren’t rigorous enough and you aren’t happy about it. Why then would you forgo thorough testing on something like this before accepting its validity?

There is plenty of scientific fact backing up the benefit of electrical stimulation on healing, they use it from defibrillators to muscle therapy. The only difference is the name: chi vs. current.

These are massively different things; one is the effect of an electric current on the human body and the other is the spontaneous generation of huge amounts of an undefined energy from the human body.

How much of a leap is it to produce some heat, or force from this energy?

It’s a big one when we know of no mechanism that would make this possible.

I can jump pretty high, how much of a leap is it to fly? It’s the same logic.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by Connector

Can I say it again?

MYTH BUSTED

Lol....skipped most posts after the first page and peeps were all posting "amazing" or "I seen a master do this if front of me". My fav was last page"if you take their picture they'll loss concentration and DIE!" lol

Oh,well this will still go on for a few more pages with people regaling us their stories of witnessing this miracle in person and how small minded the science crew is....

star for u

The first hint is it's a Ripley's segment.......step right up....I've got a winged baby ( angel" for ya'll to see....

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The scary thing is, the anesthesiologist couldn't even figure this out and was baffled. Glad he's retired and not working in an operating room anymore

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Now if your response to criticism is to insult people and call them children then maybe you’re not quite as firm in your convictions as you would like me to believe.

There are a couple of kids in here that it was directed at.. If you are an older person then you have no reason to be offended..
But I guess I can't blame people for being somewhat childish on this subject.. Anything unknown tends to get thrown all in one big pile and laughed at.. Its human nature to act so imature with things we don't fully understand..

I do not belive in magic, and I know what magic tricks are, and fully aware of snake oil sales men..
I know that Rippley is more of a side show entertainment.

I get upset when people throw people like me in one single group.
When I really mostly side with science.

But chi energy transends science in typical means.

I can say its not fake, becasue I know friction creates heat.
Chi is gathered by amatures like me by friction.
Sometimes Chi is gathered by breathing, or letting out big breaths of Air.
Many different cultures do it in many different ways.

A person using chi can HIT a person much harder than a person who is not trained with this energy.

So back to heating something up with the friction of heat.
If you take your hands and rub them together really really fast.. And keep doing this you will end up with a blister on your palms..
Why? Becasue of the heat created through friction.

This heat is transfered to the body of the person getting a massage and or healing treatment..

It really is very simple.. And is not magical or illusionary...
Its those who try to make it out to be more than it really is that makes all the issues...

So try it.. Take your hands and rub them together really fast for a few mins straight.. But I warn you.. Doing it without skill.. You will end up burning your palms..

Thus this energy can be transfered.. The heat can be transfered..
The foil that was used picks up this heat energy much better...

Was a chemical reaction substance used to make it smoke? Maybe..
But you can still create heat and friction by using this Chi building skill.

There are many ways you can do this.. Its just one being shown here.
Thus I don't claim to walk on water.. Or claim to change my body weight..

All I claim is heat can be created by using friction.. Or some call it Chi..
But it is deeper than that.. But I wont get into all that becasue its pointless.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
when we have angered the god of the mountain

fiery vomit pours from his mouth to burn our crops

he spits flaming boulders to crush our huts

we must appease the god of the mountain soon

we're running low on virgins

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

I can turn invisible and summon angels at will but if you look at me while I’m doing it I’ll explode. Do you believe me? Of course not and I wouldn’t expect you to; what sort of filter are you using to determine whether you accept this or not? Why believe them but not me?

You are taking what I said out of context from the original post. Furthermore I did not say look, in certain cimcumstances this can be observed, I said camera as in filmed.

Why do I believe them and not you, other than my own personal experiences and the fact that academic science is VERY SLOWLY catching up to these concepts? And the fact that there is no logical reason for subtle energy forces to not exist and plenty to suggest they do?

If those who dont believe in qi have such a logical point of view why do they avoid hard questions put at them? Twisting and turning all the way.

Mike, since no other skeptics approach these questions why dont you?

How is it nearly every long established belief system from all around the world wholeheartedly believe in a life force style energy? And saying it was just a simple way to explain what modern science knows now is not a viable answer.

You may live for weeks without food, days without water, minutes without blood, seconds without oxygen...........but not a single moment without qi.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork
when we have angered the god of the mountain

fiery vomit pours from his mouth to burn our crops

he spits flaming boulders to crush our huts

we must appease the god of the mountain soon

we're running low on virgins

Do not make the mistake of thinking people thousands of years ago were simple minded fools. This is a trick the Illuminati plays.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You want to constantly appoint yourself moderator but how bout your curse words in your post?? thats against t&c careful please

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Do not make the mistake of thinking people thousands of years ago were simple minded fools.

Oh, trust me. I haven't made that "mistake."

It's quite clear, "simple minded fools," can be found in any era......even one so advanced as to have the interwebs for their use.

And you're exactly right.....even the most ancient humans had the cognitive skills and reasoning power to match what we exhibit today.

Funny how things don't change..........huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thank you for the share...

I love things like this. I have never looked into Qigong before though. I'm itching to learn more.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranberrydork

Originally posted by Majestic23
Do not make the mistake of thinking people thousands of years ago were simple minded fools.

Oh, trust me. I haven't made that "mistake."

It's quite clear, "simple minded fools," can be found in any era......even one so advanced as to have the interwebs for their use.

And you're exactly right.....even the most ancient humans had the cognitive skills and reasoning power to match what we exhibit today.

Funny how things don't change..........huh?

Touche Cranberry...

I am just trying to get this idea across, I think tptb lean our thinking in certain ways. Like making us think qi is a backward idea when actually they are using for their own means. Drip feeding us the pure science of life.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Chemical reaction for the heat-aluminum reacts with many different chemicals, but for the loss of pain could be as simple as hypnosis-the ability to alter anothers perception of the pain or as complex as helping the patient release endorphins at regular intervals. I am only giving possibilities not absolutes. "When one believes in ones own infallibility of mind one has reached their pinnacle of idiocy." David Kramer

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you've never studied, practiced or experienced chi, you really
have no business even commenting on whether its "real" or not.
How can you know something if you've never experienced it?
Ever heard of tai chi and how many people in the world practice
and are benefited by it?

Now the video is something to post a comment about...
There are a buttload more videos to see if you want.
No matter, wont change a skeptic, only when he's cured
would he ever believe it anyway.

Why dont you call a master a lier to his face then smarty pants?
The discipline ironically teaches one to walk away from violence
unless all other options have been exhausted.
He would probably just smile at you anyway, a reassuring, knowing smile,
already aware of your weaknesses and plan of attack.
To each his own.....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

The "PTB" try to steer our thinking in any direction they think advantageous to their own means. "Qi", is not on their radar.

This has nothing to do with anyone trying to convince us "qi is a backward idea." It has everything to do with simple reasoning skills. If you can watch the "production" in question, and come away thinking, that could be!!!, then you absolutely must accept that a man in a cheap tuxedo could saw a beautiful woman into multiple parts....distribute the parts around a stage....then re-assemble the woman with no apparent damage. Or possibly that the man in the goofy top hat is actually transmogrifying wispy scarves into white doves.

I'm not discounting the unknown abilities of the human mind and body. The problem is the disinclination for these people to withstand some scrutiny......ya' know, Ponzi schemes and other cons rely on the "mark's" reluctance to scrutinize what is offered. Hucksters count on it.

Every skill I claim to have......and I have claimed some rather unique skills.....I will gladly demonstrate to anyone......with no reservations.

Many people in this thread are claiming their thinking to be more advanced. Weird that is.

And now.......magic happens here........

Funny, there is no problem with the scientific instrument (created as a result of science's effort) used during the video......without any doubt or reservations as to its validity.....yet, suggest that a formal test be done--with scientists--and suddenly.....SCIENCE SUCKS!!!!!

Finally......this thread is entertaining anyway.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join