It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just amazing, Guy can boil water with his own energy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All I can say is that my girl....Loves MY Chi

She says it does wonders for her skin and hair.. Never doubt the Chi!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If these masters of Chi energy, such as the ones who make them "weigh" less on paper can do it on a scale...I am all for believing it.

Science is used to explain things. Not everything at the moment is currently explainable, but we can tell if these "Chi energy" actions are hoaxes or not USING science.

Might not be able to explain them, but it sure can disprove them.

That is, unless you like living in a fairy world where logic does not exist.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Chi energy is the result of the forces of Yin and Yang, positive and negative. The negative (not as in evil, but as in ionization) comes from the earth, and rides through our bodies constantly. The positive, again in ionization, comes from the cosmos, all around us without touching the ground. When they both meet, there is a powerful bond of energy.

The ability to channel both these energies and create a storage of them within our bodies (solar plexus) is what Qigong masters have attained.

It's a technique ANYONE can do, specially at lower levels like those necessary for self-healing, synapse re-wiring, maturity, etc., but to attain a high level of mastery long hours of meditation are required for many, many years.

Peace, love and light.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Interesting post!! I don't know why people are so intent on living in "reality" when the "reality" you live in is a safe bubble where nothing can possibly not be proven by science. Boy are you missing out on something...

Why so quick to believe these guys but not the Son of God though?

If anything the Apostles used their power much like this, only you know granted by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Great video!

A lot of annoying comments going on...Started to skip some.

Look if you don't believe in Chi, then you don't have to. Carry on with your lives, go and buy some stuff to make you feel good inside, and carry on making fun of things you don't understand.

Me, I take things with a pinch of salt, I've been accused of just sitting on the fence, well there is a good view from up here! However, I do believe in Chi.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There have been a few threads on qigong masters on ATS and to be honest a lot of it boils down (get it :lol
) to the same arguments, no one has ever scientifically proven it.

I was an Aikido practioner for many years and have practiced many ki exercises during my training and sometimes still do when I get the time. Saying that, I only see these as a way of helping my meditation or of developing my reactions, my senses, and my understanding of my and my opponents balance. Not some kind of magic power. I've seen many martial arts demos and fights and have never seen any one that could set things on fire, float, or boil water with there minds.

But if you take humans at there basics we have iron in our blood, we are mostly water and do have a magnetic and electrical field though very small, it does make one wonder about certain people being able to manipulate this in a small way. Shaolin monks can heat there bodies whilst meditating in the snow and do not suffer hyperthermia.
This could also partailly be involved in healing plus the "voodoo" effect, if I tell you I can heal people do you believe your being healed, so you use mind over matter to make yourself feel good plus feel the small effect of my magnetic or electrical energy.
Most of these supposed qigong masters can also put down ther students with a movement of their hand either from a distance or up close, this again is like the "voodoo" effect, half hipnotized students who have full faith in there master who just give in. There a few vids of these masters getting there arses handed to them by real martial artists.

They belong to the same group as street magicians and the like, to be taken with a pinch of salt unless you believe they have magic powers too.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I’ve repeated this in almost all my posts in this thread but no one seems willing to answer; I suspect many are not even reading the whole thread.

For those criticizing the need for scientific evidence of them I ask, again, why you don’t believe in every religion, psychic, medium or any other claimed fact. It is equally the case for Chi that all of these have people claiming deep personal experiences, they all have their miracles and they are all as equally valid. So why not believe them if you have no prior requirement for any sort of evidence?

Why won’t any of you buy my magic beans?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by LeTan

I'll tread on ignorance all I want. It's one of my favorite things to do.

That is such a hypocritical statement it really is beyond belief.

Ever heard the quote: "Monkey climbs tree and thinks himself tall."?

You are being the pinnacle of ignorant by not accepting it as a possibility.

From your finite perspective over the infinite, anything is possible becasue you know no differently, at least state it as opinion rather than your rambling on how this offends 'your reality'.

I personally believe in Chi, but that is alot different than stating unequivocaly that it exists, which is basically what your doing from the polar opposite.

EMM

edit to answer:

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’ve repeated this in almost all my posts in this thread but no one seems willing to answer; I suspect many are not even reading the whole thread.

For those criticizing the need for scientific evidence of them I ask, again, why you don’t believe in every religion, psychic, medium or any other claimed fact. It is equally the case for Chi that all of these have people claiming deep personal experiences, they all have their miracles and they are all as equally valid. So why not believe them if you have no prior requirement for any sort of evidence?

Why won’t any of you buy my magic beans?

I will answer that.

Because they don't want to. Do you think that these masters (I'll say supposed masters for now) give a toss whether someone believes them or not? It is not for them to open your eyes, it is a path you must walk yourself to fully understand. It affects them in no way if you don't believe, it's not their duty to make you believe.

If you don't believe in it now, thats fine, but to say it's all bogus from your arm chair is a bit rash, IMO

[edit on 9-7-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's very sad that Western science; and all alike, will only accept that which they can hold, dissect and/or exhibit like a trophy; even when they still don't understand what they have either held or seen. Anything related to the spiritual cannot be dissected, let alone held up as a plaque as proof.

Western science is solely based on concrete evidence whereas Eastern science is spiritual, thus esoteric.

It's so easy to discredit anything when we either don't understand it or it contradicts our personal beliefs. A simple example; to help you understand further: What would science and the members of the human race say; possible even demand as proof, if someone came to this earth saying they were the "next coming of Jesus Christ?". The answer is not that simple.

Not only would every scientist, world leader, but every Christian - unintentionally for most - would harass the poor person demanding that unless they could resolve all earth's problems, they wouldn't believe in them. Government would - most likely - demand that the poor person be locked away in an asylum undergoing strange tests that eventually prove nothing.

If someone doesn't want to believe, it doesn't matter how much proof you offer; so don't waste your time trying.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Because they don't want to. Do you think that these masters (I'll say supposed masters for now) give a toss whether someone believes them or not? It is not for them to open your eyes, it is a path you must walk yourself to fully understand. It affects them in no way if you don't believe, it's not their duty to make you believe.

That’s not what I asked. What I asked had no relation to what I believe or am willing to accept. What I said was if YOU (or anyone else) do not require evidence to believe in Chi why then do you not believe in everything?

To put it another way, what is your methodology for determining what you believe?

If you don't believe in it now, thats fine, but to say it's all bogus from your arm chair is a bit rash, IMO

I didn’t say it was bogus; I have maintained that I cannot disprove it but that there is also no reason to believe it without evidence.

reply to post by cocles

It's very sad that Western science; and all alike, will only accept that which they can hold, dissect and/or exhibit like a trophy;

But that is NOT the case, this has been said multiple times throughout the thread.

For this person to get science to accept Chi all he has to do is demonstrate something that defies alternate explanations in a controlled environment. No one needs to dissect it or explain what is happening, we just have to see that it is happening and verify that no tricks are being used.

That is well within the ability or all concerned.

If someone doesn't want to believe, it doesn't matter how much proof you offer; so don't waste your time trying.

I do want to believe but all the believers seem intent on blocking anything that would allow me to and insist on projecting views on me and other skeptics that don’t exist.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Although qigong may or may not be real...

this is a MAGIC TRICK that can be explained by simple CHEMISTRY.

The tinfoil is part of an exothermic chemical reaction, and the water is weakly acidic. Why else would he put the tinfoil in the cloth before putting it in the water? Why tinfoil?

To all you people who are claiming this guy is real and it just requires lots of concentration, please take off your own blinders. If you believe frauds then you won't be able to see the real stuff for what it is, and you will waste your time trying to learn from a fake.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Skeptics please watch this video

video ..

the part about the monks effecting body temperature. I've seen a documentary on this before and they were studied in a lab.

And I found this on ATS

video ..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
... I am a firm believer in this, Chi, as some people call it.

... but perhaps someone should show this guy how to use a stove ??

... My Chi is strictly reserved for fun and profit, ... do not underestimate the power of the darkside !!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cocles

PRO TIP

There is no

WESTERN SCIENCE

or

EASTERN SCIENCE

Science is UNIVERSAL!

It is not a belief or a faith. It is a set of rules. In fact the basis of being a "Scientist" is the scientific method which is believed to have originated from a Muslim in ancient Iraq around the year 900 from a GREAT human named Alhazen.

Here is his Wikipedia page.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Sometimes I think there is more dogma in science, especially in health science, than in the most rigorous religious faiths.

Science is an ideal to which some humans aspire to seek truth. Bias is a universally human trait.

Einstein believed the interpretation of modern quantum mechanics to be wrong.

There were scientist before Einstein who would never accept the theory of relativity.

Clinging to what you think you know only prevents you from knowing more.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah i used to practice with chi and psi energies but nothing extreme never dwelled on it much. Maybe later.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Controlled experiment or it all means moot...you can tell alot about someone and their apparent *abilities* in a controlled environment.Although i still think alot of the philosophical aspects of chi,ying yang etc help martial artists mentally and physically.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am a physicist and a martial artist. I have felt first hand "chi energy" during a specific aikido exercise where my partner was able to make me bend over at the spine without physical contact. It felt almost electrical. I really cannot ecplain it scientifically. I really think this chi phenomenon is real and not explained by western physics.
In one of the mind body and kick ass moves the presenter demonstrates moving a teenage boy with chi without touching him. I couldn't find the clip. this is the feeling I felt x 100!
I'm sure these guys are not faking it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

A sort of magnetic force tingly feel right? I can feel it with my hands close together and moving them in and out, I can also make other people feel them. So there definietly is some kind of energy.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

If you are a real physicist then surely you must accept the need for evidence and controlled demonstration before someone can accept something like this? I mean I understand why you may believe it if you think you’ve seen it up close but you wouldn’t expect me to believe it based on that.

But I’m surprised that you’d be so willing to accept such personal experiences as well. I’ve also seen this sort of Chi punch and the like demonstrated but also seen the practitioner admit that it has nothing to do with any mystical energy force.

It’s interesting that you should mention “Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves”, I’ve got a clip of Derren Brown here doing pretty much the same thing. But I’m sure you know that Derren Brown freely admits that nothing that he does is mystical or supernatural.

www.metacafe.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join