It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

"I have never believed the crop circles were man made in the first place. Some are - but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence."

Then the person who posted this statement is a very gullible person...

but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence."

Heh yeah "higher intelligence", BUT NOT extraterrestrial intelligence...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Man you didn't feel a shift in # you just wanted too, nothing feels different about today at all, just another day when you wake up go to work and go to sleep....but my girlfriend did wake up and said she had a hard time getting out of bed......oh wait nevermind she's pregnant and thats common

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin

the cropcircle mentioned 7/7 on 7/7 largest sunspot in recorded history shows up and your trying to dismiss it?? ... wow

You like many others are not paying attention.
It is not the largest sunspot in History!
It did not show up today it has been around all week.

Its here on the 4th spaceweather.com...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Bachfin,

Sunspot 1024 has been known for a while now. It didn't "just show up".

Look, here it is on July 5, 2009:
www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
...the cropcircle mentioned 7/7 on 7/7 largest sunspot in recorded history shows up and your trying to dismiss it?? ... wow

You, also seemed to have missed the part of this thread that pointed out the the largest sunspot in history do NOT occur today...that article posted by the OP was made-up/just plain wrong/feeding on, and profiting from, the "7/7" crop circle story.

Perhaps it's time to put this thread in the "Hoax" forum. I'm not saying the OP was the hoaxer, but the article linked by the OP was definitely a hoax...

....or perhaps we can wait a few hours until today ("7/7") is over, then possibly move it to the hoax file, If the mods are willing.

Seriously -- it seems to me that the article written by the "Gympie Times" was nothing more than a lie to get people to visit their website and to visit the advertisements contained on that website, and we sheep fell for it.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Originally posted in another thread:

I don't get why people were expecting a huge (doomsday?) event and are now either disappointed or feel vindicated for saying "I told you so".

The very fact that this solar minimum ended right when a few crop formations said it would is enough to change my perception of them entirely. I feel the 'evidence' from the formations, such as the egg shaped 'earth' and the possible jellyfish/magnetosphere correlation, are the researchers' opinion. They may have simply been made to indicate "flare/sunspots" rather than "run for the hills" which all this hysteria and speculation has also fueled. We seem primed these days to expect the worst.

Granted, I've also watched a few videos that have helped to convince me these formations may be more than simply a group(s) of highly dedicated and talented individuals with alot of time on their hands. Nassim Haramein's 45 part youtube lecture, to name one, provided some good evidence of this.

So this begs the question....what is with this flare? Other than it being the end of the minimum, why would ETs bother telling us about a (so far) benign event? No one knows of course, but I have my theories.

-O

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trunkeight

However, I dont care. I dont care who, how, or even really why these 'cop images' were put there, but I see a pattern, and a relationship. How can anyone deny that?... The ignorant i guess...But I digress.

The bottom line is the SOLAR ACTIVITY at the moment, and thats an important thing to focus on, not the tired old shills slapping their keyboards with derision and distraction.

The only pattern I see is that they never have and never will prove anything unless it is just dumb luck that something would occur that someone predicted from interpreting a crop circle.

You might as well divine info from the tea leaves after you drink a cup of tea. It will be just as relevent to reality.

So their is Solar Activity. There is supposed to be. If the Sun stopped working we wouldnt be having this conversation because we would all freeze to death. From time to time the sun gets spots. From time to time leaves fall off of trees, are we supposed to focus on every event that happens in nature and keep our fingers crossed that it will bring death, destruction, and pestilence to people?
I see a

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overbyte77
Originally posted in another thread:

I don't get why people were expecting a huge (doomsday?) event and are now either disappointed or feel vindicated for saying "I told you so".

The very fact that this solar minimum ended right when a few crop formations said it would is enough to change my perception of them entirely. I feel the 'evidence' from the formations, such as the egg shaped 'earth' and the possible jellyfish/magnetosphere correlation, are the researchers' opinion. They may have simply been made to indicate "flare/sunspots" rather than "run for the hills" which all this hysteria and speculation has also fueled. We seem primed these days to expect the worst.

Granted, I've also watched a few videos that have helped to convince me these formations may be more than simply a group(s) of highly dedicated and talented individuals with alot of time on their hands. Nassim Haramein's 45 part youtube lecture, to name one, provided some good evidence of this.

So this begs the question....what is with this flare? Other than it being the end of the minimum, why would ETs bother telling us about a (so far) benign event? No one knows of course, but I have my theories.

-O

Again, quiet cycle didn't end right when the circles were INTERPRETED by man to say that they would; happened days ago. Just posting this again, as a summary of my earlier posts for those who neglect to read.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

lpowell0627, the crop circles supposedly "predicted" a solar storm, NOT a huge sunspot. That's what I'm talking about. It's not even close to the same thing, and yet people are saying since apples *are* oranges, it proves crop circles are a real phenomena, not just made by artistic, bored people with a strong desire for attention. Before the sunspot (which is not the largest ever), people were already posting some solar flares as some sort of proof. Because everyone knows that solar flares are really rare events, and clearly must be what they were talking about.

Was there a huge solar storm today? A severe disturbence in our magnetic field? No? Then the crop circles were wrong (if they even mean that, which I seriously doubt - they are just designs).

From the space weather site:

Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

hardyhar.. good stuff.

And the "language" one, I did look at it. It's gibberish. It means nothing. You act as if normal joes with rope and planks are also incredibly stupid, unable to look up ancient languages or runes or anything else, to use in their designs. If I wanted to bamboozle everyone and make them spend countless fruitless hours trying to decipher something I made, that's exactly how I would do it.

And finally, I seriously doubt an intelligent species or even a terran source, would go to that effort to just say "ha ha I'm smarter than all of you cuz I know when sunspots will appear!"

Hey, I guess anything is possible. But I try to use common sense with these things. Crop cicles appear all around the same area. Many contain some elements that are put in other circles. While some may say "Oh, they are really just trying to get the message through," I'd rather take the common sense route that they are familiar with that design, and incorporate it into their different circles. Now, some guy who happens to be into solar flares and storm and whatnot, and in a fearmongering sort of way, puts #'s and meanings into the crop circle. It's terribly easy to do. Anyone could do it. I'm sure I could quite easily come up with the equation that proves that aliens are going to land on August 12 and give the world banana splits as a gift of peace and love. Sadly many would believe me, I think.

It's the same story, different month. People conveniently use whatever they feel they can to bolster their beliefs, and then cling to anything that occurs as proof. It's a load of rubbish, honestly.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Question: If someone had predicted weeks ago that the stock market would drop 200 points today, what would you say now? Even though it was a little less than 200 points -- I bet you'd start paying closer attention. I don't think you would declare the predicter to be all-knowing and always right -- but maybe you would "listen" next time he/she predicted something.

Guess what? That's all most of us are doing -- paying attention and talking about it. Period.

The bottom line is that not one person knows for certain that crop circles are man-made. And not one person knows for sure that they are made by aliens.

What we do know is: that SOME crop circles have been made by "pranksters". That SOME crop circles depict PAID COMPANY LOGOS. And that some people take credit for some of them. Nobody's taken credit for all of them -- not even most of them. Only a fraction of them have been traced back to specific people.

But like anything else, just because some people jumped on a bandwagon and found a way to make money, does not invalidate all of them.

Further, this "event" does NOT prove that aliens make crop circles.
At best, it proves that there may be meaning to them.

I don't care if they're made by aliens or men with a message. It seems to me that it's obviously a message that someone/thing deems important.

Perhaps a whistle-blower of some sort? A highly advanced technological discovery being implemented/tested to deliver a message? A former NASA person intent on telling people what he/she feels is the "truth" about what's going on?

Who knows? But what I at least know is that no freakin' drunken idiot with a board is going to bother to depict the exact alignment of the planets, depict a sunspot/solar flare on an exact date, etc. For what purpose?

Oh yes...the money argument. Don't you think they would make as much money drawing a beautiful picture of the clouds? Or a depiction of a futuristic airplane?

Instead, they decided to depict a solar event on July 7, 2009. Hmmmm...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that Phage i was watching it on that day nice vid.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I'm saying that it's close enough for me to start paying closer attention. Besides, a person predicted the solar flare. Not the circle. The circle doesn't speak.

If a crop circle says an event is going to happen on the sun on a particular day and it does...it proves nothing for certain.

But it does say: "Hey, there may be something to this..."

My point is, and has been, I don't care if men are making them, and i don't care if God is making them, and I don't care if tiny freakin' green aliens with helmet lights are making them...

If they say something, I want to know what it is.

There are too many. Too fast. That say too much. To just ignore that they are there.

link   

The very fact that this solar minimum ended right when a few crop formations said it would...

First of all, there is constantly activity on the sun. Flares are common. Sunspots less so lately, but they still occur. Predicting "solar activity" will occur is hardly something to get impressed over.

Second, they "predicted" a solar storm, not a sunspot.

Finally, and most importantly THEY did not PREDICT anything. One guy decided to twist and bend and use whatever parts of the circle he thought he could, to make it fit his ideas. If you choose to believe this guy is so brilliant as to have deciphered that message that quickly, I guess that's your choice. I'll use common sense though, and realize a guy that already fear-mongers about solar storm, simply created the crap as he went, until he had a message he felt would stir the masses. And it seems to have done the trick nicely.

link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

You are absolutely correct.

Apologies...i slipped into a rather old and less used colloguialism when i said 'Less than a Month'. It was meant to convey a short time, and i use the term from time to time...i also sometimes say 'Less than five minutes', 'Only been here half an hour' (regardless whether it IS precisely half an hour or not) and one or two others. Not your fault..mine.
I had assumed you would be able to deduce that someone concious and typing would be able to overcome the mental difficulties involved with simple subtraction, and see it for what it was.

But had this been a geniune mistake on my part, how does my making an obvious error due to whatever human missfiring or malfunction it was, make you frustrated to the point of borderline rudeness to others here?
You seem quite clever..you must surely know the solution to your being frustrated by all and sundry on here, is to take the path of least resistance..

You say that you don't care if you are coming across as arrogant and or offensive to others on this forum (notice that i did not say 'internet', but Forum)..well, i say alienating most of the long standing forum members on ATS, as well as just about anyone else who may have the audacity to think differently to yourself and not lap at your intellectual heels, is ultimately going to be a bad idea. You may well me ignored by the majority, and humoured by a few...if that is your goal, then by all means..

FYI, the title "The biggest sun spot EVER", is not, IMHO, a lie.

It may ultimately be inaccurate, but not a lie. For it to be a lie, and for it to be so, on a hypothetical legal footing, one would have to have proof that the OP knew it was an untruth or fabrication. As you say you have proof of lies, no worries...If not, it's slander.
That is pretty much why i said "you may wish to temper your tone somewhat". Only trying to offer advice.

You also mention that you feel my post should have been removed?
Could you explain why you felt it should or would be?

Apologies to the OP for hijacking this...i'll stop now.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by spikey]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Trunkeight

However, I dont care. I dont care who, how, or even really why these 'cop images' were put there, but I see a pattern, and a relationship. How can anyone deny that?... The ignorant i guess...But I digress.

The bottom line is the SOLAR ACTIVITY at the moment, and thats an important thing to focus on, not the tired old shills slapping their keyboards with derision and distraction.

The only pattern I see is that they never have and never will prove anything unless it is just dumb luck that something would occur that someone predicted from interpreting a crop circle.

You might as well divine info from the tea leaves after you drink a cup of tea. It will be just as relevent to reality.

ok. you dont see any relationship, geometric similarity or timing of the appreasance of these occurances to be at all congruous to a pattern.

right.

Then we will have to agree to disagree, because further dabate is futile.

It's like arguing with Christians about wether or not a God exists. Futile.

I do not care about the legitimacy of the crop circle. It is irrelevant.

(Is that clear?)

Its the pictoral information depicted in it, and it's patterned relationship with contemporary scientific magnetosphereic modeling that i find intriguing.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Trunkeight]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

No, I did not read many posts in this thread because I was only voicing my opinion irrespective of anyone else's in particular.

The fact is that crop formations indicated an event that would occur within a very small window, days and weeks in advance....and lo and behold an event has occured that very closely resembled the researcher(s) analysis and conclusions. Coincidence? Maybe, if one believes in coincidence.

The details arent a perfect match to the analysis presented (so far) but i don't think anyone can deny the significance of this small event in itself.

-O

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Yeah not only that but my pets have been acting weird all week this week.
Dogs fretting for no reason when they normaly only ever fret when the smoke alarm is on and my cat for the first time wont leave my side and refuses to sleep in her own bed which she has done for 15 years.

Oh and P.S. the Gympie times is a ligit local mainsteam newspaper.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This post is TOTAL BS!!

There is only one fading sunspot at this time (#1024) and it is fading, otherwise the solar disk is clear of sunspots!!

The Gympietimes article is just wrong.

Here is the latest Solar Weather from NOAA:

Updated 2009 Jul 06 2201 UTC

Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity

SDF Number 187 Issued at 2200Z on 06 Jul 2009

Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 05/2100Z to 06/2100Z: Solar activity was low. Region 1024 (S27W26) produced an isolated C1/Sf flare at 06/1705Z. Region 1024 showed minor decay with loss of some intermediate spots, but retained a mix of polarities near region center.

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very low with a chance for an isolated C-class flare.

Geophysical Activity Summary 05/2100Z to 06/2100Z: Geomagnetic field activity was at quiet levels.

Geophysical Activity Forecast: Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be at quiet levels during days 1 - 2 (07 - 08 July). Activity is expected to increase to quiet to unsettled levels on day 3 (09 July) due to an increase in solar wind velocities associated with a favorably positioned coronal hole.

[Latest Report]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
reply to post by lpowell0627

And the "language" one, I did look at it. It's gibberish.

Actually it's not. But then I guess you're not knowledgeable about Mayan language.

It means nothing. You act as if normal joes with rope and planks are also incredibly stupid, unable to look up ancient languages or runes or anything else, to use in their designs. If I wanted to bamboozle everyone and make them spend countless fruitless hours trying to decipher something I made, that's exactly how I would do it.

First of all -- scientists did translate it. I guess you didn't bother to actually go back to the site and look that up.

Second, translate this into Mayan language for me:

The Earth is a beautiful place filled with love, joy, peace, and happiness. The sun is powerful and worthy of fight. The fight that can be won shall be fought hard.

Since anyone can do it, as you said, then do it. Oh yeah -- and then of course you'll have to put it on a field 1500 feet long!! But just translating will be enough. I picked these particular phrases because they can be translated easily.

And finally, I seriously doubt an intelligent species or even a terran source, would go to that effort to just say "ha ha I'm smarter than all of you cuz I know when sunspots will appear!"

Apparently very smart since no other person on Earth can predict when a solar sunspot will appear.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overbyte77
reply to post by Elepheagle

No, I did not read many posts in this thread because I was only voicing my opinion irrespective of anyone else's in particular.

The fact is that crop formations indicated an event that would occur within a very small window, days and weeks in advance....and lo and behold an event has occured that very closely resembled the researcher(s) analysis and conclusions. Coincidence? Maybe, if one believes in coincidence.

The details arent a perfect match to the analysis presented (so far) but i don't think anyone can deny the significance of this small event in itself.

-O

I concur. Why, this patentently obvious correlation is lost on others is beyond me.

Deny Ignorance indeed!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join