It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That is exactly what I have been trying to say the entire thread.

The "interpretation" was wild, and straight from the imagination, yet everyone put their faith in it. Then, because they were looking, they found solar activity.

Oh, I'm going to make a prediction right now, everyone note this;

There will be solar activity tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day. Ok?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

For some reason, I took for granted the ability of these crop circle researchers to accurately predict the message within. Looking back, not quite sure how I got sucked into this but for all the shouting. I think I need a break.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sorry, off-topic.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge
i'm looking to several tools or graph depicting the solar activity and what i see is the sun is waking up. The new cycle is beginning.

Be strong Questioningall there is a lot of people who seem to be angry at you.

The dont get it yet.

The sun is waking up, as it should be. You seem to understand this, but that doesn't support the OP's claims. For my part, I'm not angry with or at the OP. People are often times wrong. I'm often times wrong. It's part of it all.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also i would like to add that the letters in Michael Jackson add up to 7/7 and he was buried in gold plated casket ? And then at the end of the memorial service they showed the image of the sun . Any coincidence ?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I liked it better when the threads were smaller.. lol

Much more was accomplished..

Now people are just coming in here to stir the pot up a bit.

And we're taking the bait.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Seems this information is coming from Owen Bennedict, the owner of the Australian observatory mentioned in questioningalls original article.

thedaily.com.au

For the first time in two years the surface of the sun has become active, culminating in a mass of huge solar flares on Sunday.

"I was surprised by the explosions. It's a major event in the world of astronomy. The largest visible sun spot is five times the size of Earth and the whole area is about 100 times as big."

Does anyone know anything about this man or the observatory?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle

The sun is waking up, as it should be. You seem to understand this, but that doesn't support the OP's claims. For my part, I'm not angry with or at the OP. People are often times wrong. I'm often times wrong. It's part of it all.

Didnt you hear about the 11 years period ? that the sun took like 2 year late ?
When i say he is beginning his new cycle, i also mean it may be a stronger one has it has to burn the same amount of stuff before going for another break.

I mean thats just as accurate as any other supposition from solar guys, it's obvious they dont really know how the sun is acting.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So aliens went through all the trouble of creating a crop circle to "warn" us of an event that didnt really do anything to any of us.

This just proves crop circles are man made to me. Why create a crop circle for a non event. They would be telling something we can find for ourselves.

So do aliens suck or do the people that interpret crop circles suck?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

You know it is bait so don't take it. You always have enough research to contribute on your own. Stay legit brokenheadphonez.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Evasius

I have never believed the crop circles were man made in the first place. Some are - but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence.

I find it quite ODD that the same day the messages were deciphered to be about - is the SAME DAY the LARGEST SUN SPOT EVER has been found!!

hhhhmmm..... makes you think - and take some things with more than just a grain of salt!

Yea that is odd,

What are the chances of that?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Please stay on topic and be civil to one another.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Bit off topic...but if you don't mind me saying so Once Once, you appear to be throwing your weight around a bit, considering you've only been on this site for less than a month!

Some of these people you are attempting to both patronise and intellectually browbeat, have been on here a LOT longer, and are well known and considered around here i gather...you may be passionate in your views, but perhaps if you tried a less condecending and agressive style, you may win over more converts to your point of view, if that is your goal.

Either way...calling people outright liars etc...is (correct me if i'm wrong) against ATS T&C, so it may be a good idea to temper your tone somewhat.

Of course, it's your choice...it's just a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge

Originally posted by Elepheagle

Didnt you hear about the 11 years period ? that the sun took like 2 year late ?
When i say he is beginning his new cycle, i also mean it may be a stronger one has it has to burn the same amount of stuff before going for another break.

I mean thats just as accurate as any other supposition from solar guys, it's obvious they dont really know how the sun is acting.

Agreed.
I've read a lot about the 11-year cycle, and how scientists were baffled at how quiet it was initially. Simply goes to show how much we don't know yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I gave you a star for this threat because it's really interesting news.
This sun spot is surely large and I'm really into this kind of stuff.

However, the largest sun spot ever found doesn't excite me too much because for how long are we able to detect these spots? A few decades of precise tracking mean nothing in the history of our universe nor in the history of our planet.

If your time frame of reference is so small, things appear big.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Fair call

But why is this in Fragile Earth, Sun= not earth
The title is incorrect, it is not the biggest Ever Sun spot, its not even what the Gympie times reported. It wasnt found today either. If the OP is not willing to change the title then this thread should be in the HOAX forum or somewhere else.
And while we are all trying to stay on topic what does a Crop Circle have to do with the sunspot. It wasnt mentioned in the title, people might think their walking into a serious converstation about the sun, the biggest sunspot EVER would be worthy, but not falsehoods. I think the title should be changed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's in fragile Earth because the solar effects on the Earth are well documented.

It has direct bearing on our planet.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
So aliens went through all the trouble of creating a crop circle to "warn" us of an event that didnt really do anything to any of us.

This just proves crop circles are man made to me. Why create a crop circle for a non event. They would be telling something we can find for ourselves.

So do aliens suck or do the people that interpret crop circles suck?

Truth is i really don't know whether these designs were made by us or them, but i lean towards man made where intricate, purposeful designs are concerned, such as those that appeared lately. Whereas the earlier, circular simple circles were the real thing, in my opinion.

Far from trying to convey messages or communications, i feel the original phenomena was incidental. It was simply a result of the craft landing in a field and leaving an 'imprint' behind.

Having said that, i ALWAYS look at both sides of an argument, because reality is often found to be sandwiched between the two sides.

Playing devils advocate, it is possible that assuming these designs are intended to relay a message to us, and were made by ETs...that they were NOT intended as a warning of anything at all. The real purpose could of been along the lines of proving a point.

If they alert us to an ordinary but unpredictable celestial event, such as the start of significant sunspot activity upon entering Sol cycle 24, some time in advance of the event indicated...then it becomes less of a warning and more of a 'Yes...we ARE here, and yes we are sentient...and highly technological...look, to prove it, here's what is going to happen on your sun in X amount of days', kind of thing.

BUT...i feel that these designs are man made, and a high percentage of modern 'crop circles' are too. So i don't really think the above is so, i just like to look at all the possibilities.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Fear?? My dear friend, I live very close to these formations, I spend alot of time around the people that study them and the farmers, my occupation is a RESEARCHER and writer, so research is something I know well. That's why I want you to post this 'evidence' of them being man made, because you will be the first!!

If anything it's you that is acting out of fear, your absolutes are are not giving your closed mind much room to move and explore.

Some of us like mysteries, some of us like to speculate, that has nothing to do with fear, it's called being independent and open minded.

I am not brainwashed, I do not blindly believe everything I read, but I do believe my experiences, and I can safely say, they are a mystery. Not every one of them is a mystery, you can usually tell the man made ones pretty quickly and easily... But whether you like it or not, many of them are an unexplained phenomena thus far.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join