It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mer Ka Bah

Maybe you should try some research. It's far better than me repeating myself over and over on every single thread regarding crop circles.

But no, you people don't want to look for truth, you want to look for confirmation of what you fear, and what you want to beleive.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flysse
What's the probability of two crop circles predicting solar activity a few days before it happens, and a very large sun spot and a lunar eclipse happening on the same day? I'm sure it's just coincidence ;-)

Again...this is not the largest sunspot ever.

Again...the crop circles were supposed to predict a series of 5 CME's, not sunspots or an even more general event of "solar activity". I cannot stress how HUGE the difference is.

I post this encouraging people to get FACTS straight before posting. The crop circles DID NOT predict the sunspots. They predicted CME's. Why is this fact being ignored?

Even if we say, oh, well, the crop circles predicted sunspots, not CME's, then they've got the date wrong. It's a no-win.

-------

edit: bad grammar due to a hasty post.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Elepheagle]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would just like to say that as someone who lives in Miami and is used to hurricanes that can cause wide spread and lengthy power and cellular outages across the region...

That when my hurrican kit has everything from malaria pills to a 30 days supply of food, entertainment, medicine, first aide, lighting and cooking, and water...

Nothing ever happens!

Now having said that, I don't really buy into the crop circle thing because my name is Thomas and it's my personal mission and destiny to always doubt things...

However having said that, it did not stop me from building a Faraday Cage(s) in the last few days to protect my valuable electronics in, in case these Solar Storms do materialize (lets say I love my computers and communications equipment even more than conspiracy theories)...

Now I can assure all the peoples of the earth after I waste really good time and money to be prepared well for a disaster, disaster does not stike!

Well...maybe where you live, but hey not here in Miami!

Good luck my fellow Earthlings and if for any reason the planet explodes or splits and we have to go our seperate ways...try to write and call when you get a chance, I am the mother hen type!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle

What's the probability of two crop circles predicting solar activity a few days before it happens, and a very large sun spot and a lunar eclipse happening on the same day? I'm sure it's just coincidence ;-)

Again...the crop circles were supposed to predict a series of 5 CME's, not sunspots. I cannot stress how HUGE the difference is.

I post this encouraging people to get FACTS straight before posting. The crop circles DID NOT predict the sunspots. They predicted CME's. Why is this fact being ignored?...

I don't even think the crop circles predicted CMEs. They were just crop circles -- pretty pictures.

I suppose we could debate the origin of that crop circle, but that's another argument for another thread (For the record, personally I think it was man-made). However, even if I DO stipulate -- just for the sake of this argument -- that the crop circle was NOT man-made, there is really no evidence to confirm the assertion that the circle was a prediction of CMEs. That was simply one person's theory.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Again...the crop circles were supposed to predict a series of 5 CME's, not sunspots. I cannot stress how HUGE the difference is.

I post this encouraging people to get FACTS straight before posting. The crop circles DID NOT predict the sunspots. They predicted CME's. Why is this fact being ignored?...

I don't even think the crop circles predicted CMEs. They were just crop circles -- pretty pictures.

I suppose we could debate the origin of that crop circle, but that's another argument for another thread (For the record, personally I think it was man-made). However, even if I DO stipulate -- just for the sake of this argument -- that the crop circle was NOT man-made, there is really no evidence to confirm the assertion that the circle was a prediction of CMEs. That was simply one person's theory.

Sigh...two edits and I still wasn't able to be as clear as I had intended. Good point, SG.

Yes, the circles were interpreted to predict CME's. I mentioned something in my first post within this thread about the possibility that these circles, whatever their origin, may have been misinterpreted, although I'm sure no one read that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
perhaps the reason the cc took multiple days to make was because the kids that made it could not finish it in time before the sun came up and they feared farmer brown would see them, thus they decided to come back the next day. and behold what did the crop circles predict? a sextant! and who knows what else...........................................................................

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Now this is crazy someone posted there would be a solar flare today on this site how did you know this??????????? and this was about a week ago smh

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You guys make it sound like humanity even fully understands the sun and it's cycles. Yes we have noted that every few years there is a comparable increase, and that this increase follows a chronological trend, but we do not have the ability to explain the strength, or even what really causes sun spots. Let me give you one simple example, and please someone correct me because I have wondered about this for some time: If the sun's energy is in fact the product of nuclear fusion, why then when we get a glimpse of the surface of the sun(sun spot), is it colder than than the colourful visible surface several thousand km above? Surely in a nuclear reaction, the most intense reactions would occur at the core, radiating heat outwardly from the core, implying that the actual surface should be thousands of degrees warmer than the stormy surface we see, but the opposite trend exists? This is why the going theory nowdays is that they are in fact electrical phenomena, but we still don't know how, why, and when. The
bottom line, no one knows and time will tell..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
FLARE: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeadd9aca3fe.jpg[/atsimg]

CME:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/631ae7a16a5f.jpg[/atsimg]

They both have roughly the same shape.

Image captured from SOHO yesterday:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1eb2f00a770.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

fear about what ? i dont see fear here , maybe excitement, questioning but not fear... maybe you feel the fear because you are out of the box

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
science - the continually better approximation for how things are. Just because science can disprove itself, it's not wrong. It's like On The Shoulder of Giants. We all build on the knowledge before. We are not completely ignorant. Just partially.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sigh...two edits and I still wasn't able to be as clear as I had intended. Good point, SG.

Yes, the circles were interpreted to predict CME's. I mentioned something in my first post within this thread about the possibility that these circles, whatever their origin, may have been misinterpreted, although I'm sure no one read that.

No worries

I get your point now!

I simply wanted to stress to other that even if one believed it was a crop circle of "unearthly origins", to decipher that circle as a prediction of CMEs takes a giant intellectual leap.

The "7 and 7" part of the circle could mean 77 years, or 77 days or 77 hours -- or something completely different. Even if the "7 and 7" was significant, it may have had nothing to do with time at all...and the assertion that it was even about solar flares at all was extremely suppositional -- even if one believed it was "created by aliens".

Again, for the record, I think the circle was man-made, but I'm just stipulating that it is not -- for the sake of this argument.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

I happen to agree with you, maybe you skipped my post but either way the haven't been any coronal mass ejections out of the ordinary today. The predictions were wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Those look really neat

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maximus_Prime

Indeed, its when we start peddling our partial estimations of reality as absolute fact that problems occur.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Silence Mortals !

For countless Milenium I have secretly observed you foolish beings.
When your Earth music sucked, I delivered upon thee "DISCO", yet not one of you noticed that The Village People were not of your world.

When your the North American continent (which you call the United States) was in need of laughter, behold...I sent to thee Jimmy Carter.

When my disciples of a higher learned protocol cried my name, I cast upon thee Solar Flares.
Ok actually I had a bit of gas...but never the less...weerily I say to thee, I am the great and powerful all seeing eye, worship me with song and visine.
It gets the red out !

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i'm looking to several tools or graph depicting the solar activity and what i see is the sun is waking up. The new cycle is beginning.

Be strong Questioningall there is a lot of people who seem to be angry at you.

The dont get it yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join