It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Lost My Daughter to Paradise - Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hazelnut, I am very sorry for your situation and I will pray that you and your daughter will reunite soon.

I want to recommend to you a helpful, intelligent former JW. He may be able to help you (from allexperts.com):
allexpert Andrew

Also:
reply to post by Blueracer

I've posted this link before in another thread, but thought I would post it again. JWs are far from perfect, that's for sure. They have more than just minor flaws; some are quite serious:

Watch the Tower

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You are in a very sad situation. I sympathize.

Another case of why extremism of any religion is never helpful.

May your case serve as an example:
Never trust the crazies.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually you are a bit incorrect in your assumptions relating to this case OK a lot incorrect.

First of all I have studied many religions over the years in fact everyone I could get my hands on, initially to find a common denominator between them all to prove there is only one religion just mankind's feeble attempt to push his own person beliefs on a group of people and in a way the world is filled with anti-christs but that is just my background.

Concerning the JW's I got very involved with them because their too darn trustworthy lol but it makes total sense.

1. They believe if you are not one of them you are no better than Satan.

2. If a family member or loved one is not a JW then you are to make them a JW by any means necessary.

3. If they do not become one you are required to either:
a. Cut off all contact with those people.
b. Or leave the church and you will be ostracized for being a satanic follower when you leave.

They use the same idea's and principles that Scientology does when it comes to getting rid of or joining their cult. However they use it in a much more devious and under the radar way of getting the family members to make false reports (not the church) and the such to do everything in their power to destroy the person's credibility in question.

Anyone denouncing this is ignorant to the fact because it hasn't happened to them. If you are engaged to a member in this church and you refuse to join the member of the church can not marry you unless they leave the church forever.

1. Who was she suppose to leave her kid with when she went to basic a babysitter for 3 months? Federal law requires you do not bring your children to military training and requests you leave them with you family while at training.

2. What conflict was created was by a delusional woman who believed her daughter was Satan. Sorry but that is considered a medical mental illness. Same thing happened in my family the only difference was the woman who believed my sister was Satan was placed in a mental institution by the cops.

4. JW's are a cult you can not stop arguing religion with someone who starts the argument. If you say you don't want to talk about it then they will disown you from the family and accuse you of being satanic. All the while it reinforces their own paranoid personal beliefs/delusions they are gods chosen ones that must protect the world.

Until her mother actually realizes she is a member of a cult and not a traditional religious church she will never talk to her daughter in a rational sense.

To me it's quite concerning because individuals like this are considered a very mentally ill and a very serious threat to society because they believe they are the chosen ones and can do no harm.

Why do I think this?

Because my mother did exactly what her's is doing. In the end she tried to kill us, then when that failed made false reports to try and have us taken away from all family members but her. She then tried to convince us we were abused by all our family members and she was the savior of us, when we all told her to F off she then tried to tell us she abused us and was sorry for it in an attempt to gain out trust. She has been doing this for over 30 years now and by now everyone knows she's a crazy lunitic so much so the cops won't even talk to her anymore.

Obviously you have your own issues of acceptance when it comes to reality you need to think about and by bashing someone you have no connection with is a sign you have failed to accept reality and are still playing the me, me, me card. When you stop playing that card and start living you life you will see what life is really about and all I'll say is I quickly realized it wasn't about me, me, me and have never been happier.

Not bashing you just saying you have some severe mental issues you need to get help with, if you don't you will be stuck in this rut forever whether you like to admit it or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Dont know if this has been said befor.
But this now seems to be a common occurance with regard to Grandparents and Parents.
What is it with Grandparents that they think they can just step in and take over..... is it because they feel they did an inadequate job with their own children, that they feel they have the right to do this.

I feel for you with all my heart. I am sorry that you have missed out on your daughters life, but, you made the decisions you had to make at the time, and you should not judge yourself on that. You were struggling and trying to make the best of a bad situation, and I commend you on that. Not many people today would even attempt to fix up their situations, prefering to blame others and continue on as they are!!
Head up honey. You did the right thing at the time.

What I also see is Karma! Watch you mum re this!!! She is going to get her just deserts... dont worry!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Acts 15:20 says to abstain from blood. That's not just something the Jehovah's Witnesses came up with.

My mom died recently. If you're curious as to how...in 1985 she had surgery. Wound up having a blood transfusion. Did not know until a few years ago that she had gotten hepatitus C because of it.

There are reasons behind the things said in the bible. Even if people don't always understand them.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well that's a bit over-reached don't you think? Do you even have children?

If not, then you cannot assess this situation with as much clarity as you claim.

I have a girl that will be 5 yr old on the 8th.

And my boy is 1.5 yrs old.

This craps getting off topic.

How about we focus on Solutions for the OP???

I gave my simple 4 step plan. Anyone else have solutions that may help the situation?

Actually I do.

Similar experience with my mother because once us kids grew up she targeted the grandkids identical to this story and here's how we fixed it.

We all agreed to stop all communication with my mother. My siblings stopped completely and told her she was not welcome in their houses.

I joined the military and moved to the opposite side of the country and didn't speak to her for 10 years.

No mothers day cards nothing.

She eventually realized what was going on and then left the church.

After that she was allowed to visit only if one of us kids were present in the house. No alone time with the grandkids allowed period.

I moved back after the 10 years and told her if she does anything remotely close to what she was doing before she would never see me again. I was gone for 10 years and happy if I'm not happy I will leave again and never comeback.

So what does she do? Nothing and the one time she even made a suggestion relating to religion we all left and didn't speak to her for about a year.

So now she goes after my dad so my dad just tells her to F off.

Seems to have worked wonders as extreme circumstances call for extreme measures.

We have also warned her that if she tries to start anything up we will file legal charges against her.

Edit: I should point out that she tries to hide behind the fact that if we file charges and sue my dad will lose everything. We point out that yes he will and when he does he will divorce you and if he does he will receive everything back that he lost. (just in case anybody goes this route be prepared with statements like that lol works great)

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
*points at op* this is all your fault you let this happen, no one else is to blame for this but you. I feel sad that you allowed this to happen to you and your daughter and for once in your life you should take responsibility for that and know every thing bad that happens in your life is your fault and no one else’s..... (End sarcasm)

Listen these people are crafty and perhaps you made a few bad life choices still I do not believe you should pay as you have. I would use jag or find an advocacy group to help out there is a way to end all this madness and no you mam are not the devil all thoe the US army is... My 2 cents

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

you simply rolled over and gave your child up - I have a profound disrespect for religious zealots - however your behaviour wreaked of victim psyche - show some fight and stop sooking - convince your daughter that religion is a lie, that she has been brainwashed by your evil mum - most people, except the most ignorant, eventually come to understand the lies of religion - so get out there and convince her. It's really not that hard - all people have to do is think about it and it is obvious- having said that - religious types tend not to think anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Sorry to hear your story, I hope it works out for you in the end, your daughter might realise the brainwashing shes been fed. I would try to get her to read the king james version of the bible if she is religious as many churches change the bible and give their version. False teachings. I would not tell her religion is nonsense even if you believe that as that will drive her further away from you.

I also do not know if you are religious, I bet this certainly put you off it but it might be possible to challenge her viewpoints and make her see that this is false teachings.

One of the first teachings of the bible is to honour your mother and father!

It is easy for anyone to say though, when they are not in the situation.

I am christian and I am facing a challenge with an aunt who is cutting everyone out of her life and giving all her money to a church that claims to be Mormon. Its a nightmare trying to get through to her that this is absolute nonsense. What church demands every single penny of your income?

Shes actually that brainwashed into this that she is giving it all to them, then they give her an allowance to live from!!

Its like an extortion racket not a religion.

If only people would sit down and read the bible instead of listening to some of the preachers. This problem would not be happening.

I am really stuck as to what to do, if it was the past, I would pay this man a visit and teach him a lesson

I dont think thats the best way though as it will just make me look the bad one. Anger doesnt solve anything, its too easy to take that road.

This sort of thing does annoy me as it results in everyone tarring christians as the same thing and prevents anyone from trying to understand that there are many religions that claim to be christian but are not.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hazelnut - I am very sorry for your serious problem.

The JWs are a very devious and corrupted cult that rationalise that lying is not a lie if you feel that the person requiring information does not deserve to have the information.

Once people realise this, they can quickly grasp that this cult teaches lying, deviousness and cover up of bad and even criminal behaviour.

According to some psychiatric reports they have the highest rate of mental illness than the vast majority of all religions, (believe it! I've seen it myself!)

They are ruled by FEAR!

They FEAR the Elders!

They FEAR disfellowshipping!

They FEAR Demons!

They FEAR Satan!

They FEAR persecution!

They FEAR eachother and that another 'brother or sister' might report them and they become Disfellowshipped!

They FEAR absolutely everything and yet claim to be the 'happiest people on the Earth'......by their own standars.

To RESCUE your daughter, who has been put deeply under mind control and brainwashing from the moment you allowed your crazy mother to look after her, you will need professional help from a counsellor who knows about brainwashing and knows how to deprogramme its victims.....such as your daughter.

Your daughter is under control because she has been made to FEAR absolutely everything. She will have been taught to lie to cover up her fear and what she has been taught and I believe the JWs actually have a booklet detailing how to teach children to lie under oath when in custody battles.

You might find more information on that booklet and how you can get legal help if you are serious about regaining your daughter from this cult from the Jehovah's Witnesses discussion forum, on line.

They give excellent advice to people in your situation.

Bear in mind here that the JWs were one of the York Rite Masonic religions set up by a Russell (a freemason possibly of illuminati bloodline) along with the LDS, Mormons, Pentecostals etc.

The JWs have link to Rand Corp, a military and mind control or neuro linguistic programming organization, with links also to the Tavistock Institute, also brainwashing and NLP.

The JWs meetings are held in such a manner that the attendees become brainwashed and they operate in their recruitment as any cult does, by being pleasant, having a one to one relationship with a member who 'directs' the new recruit. etc.

I hope you have good fortune in reclaiming your daughter.
You have not lost her, as she is simply under deep mind control and this spell can be broken if you work hard enough.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

you simply rolled over and gave your child up - I have a profound disrespect for religious zealots - however your behaviour wreaked of victim psyche - show some fight and stop sooking - convince your daughter that religion is a lie, that she has been brainwashed by your evil mum - most people, except the most ignorant, eventually come to understand the lies of religion - so get out there and convince her. It's really not that hard - all people have to do is think about it and it is obvious- having said that - religious types tend not to think anyway.

Didnt you read what she wrote. She did try. Cant you all see beyond this. She made use of what she had at the time. The Granny was the one that needed to butt out. To me is sounded like the Granny was trying to make up (purely for herself only) for stuffing up the mums life. She took the next best thing. No matter which way you look at it, this was taken out of Mums hand the minute Granny decided to involve the authorities, and as your all aware here, once they get involved you can kiss your rights good bye.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Wow. Talk about fear mongering. How about provding a shred of evidence for anything you just said.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I lost my whole and family to this cult.

I was brought up in this cult.

I saw the craziest things happen and the bizarrest beliefs espoused because of this cult.

I have spent neartly ten years studying this cult, its origins, its aims and supporting people brave enough to wake up and walk away from its lies, deception and destructive influence.

I could go on, but needless to say, if you want to KNOW about the JWs. study them, read everything you can about them, by all means 'join' them and experience them and then......give your own opinion.

The evidence you need to make a judgment on this belief system is to actually experience REAL life with these people trapped in cognitive dissonance and in a perpetual state of confusion and fear.

Personally, I would have to think twice about anything a JW told me simply because of the state that their minds are in.

They are a group in need of our sympathy and a lot of psychiatric support.

Study cognitive dissonance and then spend time with JWs!

Your head will soon be spinning!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I have studied with them. I have not seen the things that you said to be true at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

No. You would not recognize these behaviours. You are not supposed to. These things only become obvious once a person awakes.

A 'study' never knows the real workings of the WatchTower, and students are smiled at , encouraged and 'love bombed' to entice them into the Organization.

Once a 'study' is baptized, then they are very much on their own. They will have cut off their ties to their family, friends and non JWs. They will have only one goal and that is to Obey the Organization without question. Questioning is punished with disciplining by being called into the 'back room' to be interrogated by a kangaroo court of Elders.

No questioning of any doctrine is permitted by baptized members.

If this happens, you will be marked (no one will associate with you) and then Disfellowshipped, when you will be shunned, ignored, and people will turn their backs on you in ALL situations for fear of being disfellowshipped themselves.

I take it , Blueracer, that you were never baptized?

When 'love bombing' a new recruit they NEVER find out about the sanctions that can and will be taken against them for the slightest error.

Child abuse is covered up and 'forgiven' by untrained Elders, wheras victims of sexual assault are disfellowshipped if they dare to complain against their attacker.

The above is well documented by you might like to discover more by googling furthur information or discussing this on Jehovah's Witnesses discussion forum. But there are documented investigations by news agencies and experiences of former JWs.

Remember, if you were 'love bombed' you will not have experienced the real world of the Watchtower Society but if you were a JW for a few years, you might recognize the above.

if a JW takes a blood transfusion they WILL be disfellowshipped or considered no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, with the same result.

But then, that is another long, long story......

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

The things you say are just not true. I have family that are Jehovah's Witnesses. They don't cut you off because you aren't one of them.

Some of the things you said are outrageous and you should give proof.

"The JWs have link to Rand Corp, a military and mind control or neuro linguistic programming organization, with links also to the Tavistock Institute, also brainwashing and NLP. "
Any proof for this?

Any proof for anything you said? If I did not know them, like most people here, I might foolishly believe you. But I know better.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
Dont know if this has been said befor.
But this now seems to be a common occurance with regard to Grandparents and Parents.
What is it with Grandparents that they think they can just step in and take over..... is it because they feel they did an inadequate job with their own children, that they feel they have the right to do this.

Maybe, that's what a woman on "desperate houswives" felt, like it was a second chance, yeah I know it's just a tv show, but a lot of stuff are based on truth

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wow, my sympathies definitely go out to you (as well as SGTCHAS). Anyway, I cannot believe how your mother acted. To speak those words to your daughter, bashing and degrading you as a mother, just baffles me. That's one of a few major problems I have with religion: you have ridiculous fanatics! I guess with any organized group or hobby, you'll have your crazed ones, but still, religion tops all of them.

Again, I am sorry all of that happened. On a lighter note, you are a very good story writer, lol. I was really involved in the story and wanted to read more.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

My dad took his two grandkids in and gave them a home and love when their mom abandoned them(their dads were not present). Was my dad over stepping his bounds then?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by The_Seeker

My dad took his two grandkids in and gave them a home and love when their mom abandoned them(their dads were not present). Was my dad over stepping his bounds then?

Most certainly not. You can not compare abandonment to this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join