It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Lost My Daughter to Paradise - Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

PEOPLE read the whole thread. Her mom is dead, the child in question is now 27 with children of her own, the op's other children were also taken away from her by the courts (not the grandmother).
Stop, read and use your head.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Just so ya know, my IQ is extremely high, I never give up and never quit. I have overcome more in the first 30 years of my life than you will ever have the misfortune to experience. You could learn something from me that would make your life and the life of those closest to you - BETTER.

Anyone with "an extremely high IQ" would not have made this statement.

Please, save it for the "intellects" (lol) who actually buy into your garbage.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hold the damn phone. What is going on with this anger and what seems like resentment toward the OP. How the hell are you people embarassed? Deal with it! ATS is a place for community, not just conspiracy. I am frankly appauld by SOME of the community here today. I guess that some people do not understand that the OP actually "reached" out for help and not resentment?

Or is it your personal beliefs and emotions are getting in the away of reasonable thinking and compassion? People learn to get along, accept what has happened, offer a helping hand. And this is about the OP's story not about some other person. While the human psyche likes to make things about itself and situations to mold around itself to get a better understanding and somewhat knowledge of a situation, we must understand this is nopt about US, this is about the OP an dhow we can help her as a community. Not bash her for her mistakes, I am sure she knows about those already.

Now, lets start over.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Oh great more excuses, now it is financial. What happened to the JW angle? If you had started a thread about how you were screwed in the courts because you did not have the financial means to fight I would be more sympathetic but you have blamed anything and everyone else but yourself.
Your children now support you, not the vibe you gave off on your other posts. you are just looking for sympathy points to add to your pity party.
this makes me so angry because those children were robbed and you continue to only unload on others and refuse to accept the blame.
I am a mother and I will not let you twist this into your own attention seeking drama party without pointing out what those children endured and where you are at fault.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by TheMythLives

ok you may think you know all about this but you do not

I LIVED this exact story in my Life!

Religion is not the problem here. The problem is the biological parents reluctance to accept responsibility and face up to their mistakes.

Well I do know alot about this.

I was born into the Jehovah's Witness and was a third generation JDub.
My Father was an elder in the Kingdom Hall for many years and pretty much every aspect of my life centered around the Jdubs's and the Kingdom Hall.

I was raised as a JDub until the age of 13. I was pretty headstrong kid and at the age of 13 I told my Dad straight up I am making the decision not to go to "meetings" (what Jdub's call going to church). I guess he felt like he wasn't going to fight me on it because he pretty much said okay. Three years later I was put on a flight down south to "visit" my mother for the summer (who was no longer a JDub). I found out from my Mom that my Dad was not going to let me come back and live there, he pretty much kicked me out and told my Mom that he didn't want an unbeliever living in his home.

My older sister was disfellowshipped a few years ago. She broke one of the Jdubs "policy's" while she was having a mental breakdown. Did the great JDubs comfort my sister who was a Jehovah's Witness her whole life? Nope, they kicked her out and shunned her, not even my uncle and aunt who she was very close with (and also the only family in the same state) and my little cousins that she took care of would say a word to her. Well I helped wake her up to the JDub's history and policy's and thankfully she decided never to go back. She is happy as ever doing very well in her life.

Anyways my point is JDub's are a cult who do destroy family's with there shunning policy among others. I know this first hand.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions. ~Leonardo da Vinci

Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! ~Leonardo da Vinci

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

SHE is not reaching out, she is looking for a pity party.
I will not just stand by and let you all pat her on the head without pointing out the obvious.
Yes I am embarrassed for ATS and I believe that if you opened your eyes and reread her posts you would be too. Do not let the religious angle blind you to her actions as a mother and her lack of sympathy for HER OWN CHILDREN but plenty of sympathy for herself.
I do not care for religion, I am not religious and if this was a true case of religon screwed someone (again) I would jump on board with both feet but IT IS NOT.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi hazel/

Im sorry you had to go through all this...yes, we all make mistakes,we are human and as humans we show compassion, some show more and some less,but we have all felt some pain and sufferiing.

On the Jehovas Witness///
here are some words that serches in google have come up with....

I actually believe the N.W.O has been around alot longer then we thought...who knows?
All part of the big plan.

The J.W are a sect....has anyone bothered to search on who the founder was?
What his childhood was like?
Where did he grow up in?
What were his roots?
what his intentions were?
I know the internet isn't much of a tool, but since many people do have access to the internett, it gives us quite a bit of information at our fingertips,but it also allows us to make a descision based on what we read....hopefully we learn from what others have to say.
the Watchtower and the Illuminatti~

and The truth about Charles Taze Russell

Im sure there are many more serches, but I just linked two....both oppose each other, but one stood out more,and not because it was conspiracy related.
Who actually FUNDS these sects?
Who founded them?
so many questions, so little time....Many of History began long, long ago....

Many of the J.W do follow this sect blindly, as to why would one do that, I can't answer that!
Hazel///
Prayer never hurt anyone...and it's never too late to start!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes Hazelnut, read them and soak it up.

You know my Granddaddy was a baptist preacher, maybe i should start a thread blaming all of my horrendous childhood and any and all mistakes I have made as a parent and blame it own theBaptist. What do you think?
Or maybe I just accept that I made these mistakes and work hard to correct them. Which one is less ignorant?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hazel,

I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you give her custody or did you put her in the Power of attorney for guardianship in the Family Care Plan? There is a huge difference between the two.

2. Did your alcoholic husband sign the FCP or custody paper? If not you cannot sign a child over by yourself and thus he can petition to get the child back.

3. What is your current military status? Active, reserve, AGR, Initial entry training, Delayed Entry program. Your status can limit the resources available to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

SHE is not reaching out, she is looking for a pity party.
I will not just stand by and let you all pat her on the head without pointing out the obvious.
Yes I am embarrassed for ATS and I believe that if you opened your eyes and reread her posts you would be too. Do not let the religious angle blind you to her actions as a mother and her lack of sympathy for HER OWN CHILDREN but plenty of sympathy for herself.
I do not care for religion, I am not religious and if this was a true case of religon screwed someone (again) I would jump on board with both feet but IT IS NOT.

You need to CALM DOWN.. Seriously. At the rate your going your going to wind up saying something really bad that is going to get you a warning. So just take a chill pill and RELAX. I have reread her posts and I have talked to the OP in detail. She is a kind woman, I am sure you have not talked to her one on one? Why call her out?

Do you have proof that she is playing for pity? I take that as no. So once again your preception is that she is playing for pity. So that in turn reverts to theory, which then reverts to OPINION. So your oonion is that you are on a hero crusade to crush the OP all because her ordeal is not all about religion?

Is it me or is this faulty logic? I apologize OP, the derailment will not last much longer.

In essence you could have just contacted Hazelnut through u2u instead of derail her thread and PERSONALLY attack her. Do it the responsible way and the childish way.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndofEvolution
Hazel,

I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you give her custody or did you put her in the Power of attorney for guardianship in the Family Care Plan? There is a huge difference between the two.

2. Did your alcoholic husband sign the FCP or custody paper? If not you cannot sign a child over by yourself and thus he can petition to get the child back.

3. What is your current military status? Active, reserve, AGR, Initial entry training, Delayed Entry program. Your status can limit the resources available to you.

EndofEvolution,

1. I gave my mother and step-father temporary guardianship as required for recruits in my situation.

2. My alcoholic ex-husband, although he agreed to the initial decision changed his mind when I entered basic training and he did not sign the papers. He took my second daughter from my mother while I was in Basic, at her request not mine.

3. My current military status is honorably discharged.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
READ THE THREAD. She said last night she has cried her eyes out, she has begged her children for forgiveness, and they have forgiven her.

You people who are so accusing, and so very angry, need to look to yourselves. You have issues from your own childhoods, which several of you admit, and you are taking it out on the OP.

You've heard of "transference"...... "displaced aggression" this is what you are doing here. You are blasting the OP as though she were your own parent. Saying things to her that maybe should be said to someone else?

Newsflash: Take your anger to the source where it belongs.
It would probably make you feel better. To do it here, is not going to be that helpful to you.....or is it? But at who's expense?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

You need to calm down to. Talk like that is going to give you a warning and banned if you continue. We have already settled this. If you want to cal someone out Contact them through a u2u! And stop derailing this thread!

Again:

If you want to call someone out contact them through u2u!

I am not sure whats going on today... just calm down people. We all have different opinions, but we need to discuss them civily or not discuss them at all.

And she (ladyinwaiting) is not those things that you listed by the way, you have no grounds to talk since you do not know her. You have knowledge of her, but you do not know/understand her. Thats your opinion of her. So stop derailing this thread and lets get back on track.

Also your psychological analysis was a little twisted.

So just calm down.

[edit on Jul 6th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is a story that is truly hard to believe. Any sane mind would hand the child over to you, the rightful biological and devoted mother. I cannot believe that CPS actually took your child away from you and gave it to your unstable mother.
Your mother is another case, cults can be very dangerous to children, and it obviously harmed you too.
I am sorry for what you have gone through but don't give in. you baby is yours to love. keep fighting for her!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Muzzleflash,

1. I was adopted when I was five, I knew my mother and father. I understand the reasons my mother put me up. My father was extremely abusive and I have some memory of events.

2. IT HAS NOT FOLLOWED AND EFFECTED ME FOR MY WHOLE LIFE!

Get over it, millions of children are given up for adoption by STRANGERS and grow up healthy, happy and successful.

Just because YOU allow yourself to have pity parties and allow your life situation effect you forever for some odd reason, does not mean every child will grow up that way.

The OP sent her child to live with the child's grandmother, hardly dropping her off with a stranger in order to join the military and go through basic training. How many times a year do you think this happens? What about soldiers that are deployed? Are they also horrible parents because they leave the child with a family member while they serve? Should all soldiers give up there children to the state because it would be so horrible to leave that child with a family member while they serve?

As a added note: My wife was also adopted as a child and is a happy, healthy successful person. I met her biological mother last year and it was a wonderful experience. Your reasoning that children that are even temporary left with a family member is complete crap. I suggest you get counseling for all these problems you supposing are having because of your life situation. A little real research on the subject of adopted children might be helpful also.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Sorry exile 1981 your post is a lie (either intentionally or unintentionally.)

I have been a jehovah's witness for more than twenty six years,i will admit i have begun doubting some of the teachings.

But the part where you wrote that your friends dad beat her with a belt because she would not join the religion is far fetched ....i am not saying he did not hit her with a belt ,because like all religions we have good and bad,but i bet he hit her for other thing besides the religion, but if she had gone to the body of elders they would have put a stop to it or disfellowshipped him.But the part where you wrote that the older sister who was converted slept around and was supposedly doing gods work is slander!!!
When my son was courting his wife they had to be chaperoned at all times until there marriage(must admit it was tedious.

And as for the ritual purifying of the five year old who had been sexually abused ,would have been better in short story section

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok after reading your other posts and seeing that this situation was resolved, I am a little relieved.

I was about to call my friends at the Office of the IG and the JAG detachment.

To all the others on this thread saying what a bad parent Hazel is all I have to say is this: She did what she thought was right at the time to provide for her family. She had a Family Care Plan in place to give temporary guardianship of her children to someone she trusts in the event she must attend training or be deployed. I have a FCP right now at this very moment for my son to go live with my mother should I be deployed. All dual military couples and single parents are required to have one. IT HAS AN EXPERATION DATE SO THE GUARDIAN CAN'T KEEP THE KID. What happened to this woman is wrong.

What are you blaming her for again? Trying to provide for her kids? Following the command policy regulation and getting the required FCP?
Getting screwed by the court?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

I was vaccinated. I went to public school, drank soda and watched all kinds of senseless garbage on TV while I was growing up. I won't go any further, but that first paragraph comes off as a bit offensive. I loved how you put the word normal in quotes.

All of the above applies to me as well.

I'm not saying kids can't turn out just fine that way (though I'm not sure how fine I really turned out to be, since I'm here on ATS... or is that a good thing? I don't know anymore), I was just trying to illustrate my petty (or neurotic) reasons for not even letting my parents (or anyone else for that matter) babysit my kids for more than 15 minutes or so.

Every parent has their own vision of how things should be done in their family, depending on their religion, philosophy, etc. To each their own and to hell with everyone else.

And wow... the BTS emotes are so much cooler than ATS. Why don't I ever wander over here?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join