It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Some videos for some people to get an idea of the types of people we have around some areas here.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I think you are spot on as to this cause of what is happening.

Mothers are all at work.
No one is minding the kids anymore.

My daughter in law comes from a family where both parents worked full time and the kids took care of themselves.

One of her brothers became an heroin addict.

Another has done time for robbery and is an alcoholic.

She claims that from the age of 12 she was only interested in Vodka, boys and sex!

All of them have turned out very badly for the sake of being able to have a new car every year and go abroad on holiday.

In our home, only one of us worked out of the home full time and the other kept an eye on our kids. They all turned out well so far!

If there is no one around to enforce boundaries, restrictions and teach self control then the children become self pleasing, self gratification junkies and total morons!

I see it with my neighbour where she is a single mum who works full time and has had a string of boyfriends for the last 20 years. All of her children, boys and girls have become parents under the age of 15.

This happened because Mum was too busy going out with her latest boyfriend and going on holiday and leaving her children to their own devices.

Adults are selfish and materialistic and their children become fools, equally self serving and destructive to society.

Nobody wants to give up or sacrifice, they just want, want, want for Me, Me, Me and then complain when their children are bad, violent and uncaring.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
OP.... Funny how the crime rate in the UK is at a higher rate then any other European Country, South Africa & apparently the USA!!!

I wonder if these new stats have anything to do with all these Europeans & Africans moving over here
makes sense to me if you think about it logically!!!!

Obviously if all the ones committing crime are moving here the crime rate will go up!!!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

That is only part of it, the MAIN part is the growing "culture", in the kids AND the parents. All races in this country are part of it, which means it's not about race, it's a deeper problem than that, they all have some kids that are involved in this gansta wannabe culture.

But from what I've seen, I think asian people, (korean, chinese etc) seem to be the most well behaved overall!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

This is what happens when misfits and malcontents move into a country.

People who are fleeing from something may well have reason to flee if war has occured, but in normal circumstances why are we allowing such misfits into the country to breed even more misfits?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If I meet the person who wrote this story I will punch them right in the face
, joking aside I have been posting for a long while that Britain is headed down the pan and this just backs up what I have been saying. The welfare state has rewarded teenagers for getting pregnant with benefits and free homes, let any mongrel into the country and allowed them to claim benefits from the miute they fall from under the lorry they where clinging onto and the PC brigade has meant any comments against any of this is met with the full wrath of the law. We are now living with the toxic results of all of the above. A generation of kids with no prospects, no proper breeding and no respect. I see it all the time and I stand up for victims when I see it as I will never be cowed like the vast majority of the population into thinking it is acceptable.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would just like to add my personal views on this thread, as someone who has lived in both the U.S. and the U.K.

I was born in England, moved to florida at age 9, and came back to england at age 21. I am now 26.

Growing up in the states was terrifying for me. I remember going to school for the first day age 9, and getting heinously bullied within 10 min of starting my new life in America. I am English however, so I didn't put up with any crap, we are not all tea drinking yuppies, we are a tough, proud, and resilient people.

Anyways, within 10 mins of this bullying, I had broken this kids nose for constantly flicking me in the ear and getting called all kinds of stuff. He had several warnings by the way.

These kinds of things happened until I went to a christian high school, which was quite nice apart from the mindless propaganda and altering of historical events for religious benefit.

In my time in the states, we were robbed, had our cadillac emblem stolen from our car about 6 times, my bike was stolen, my mustang's roof was cut open and all my cds and everything else including the ash tray were stolen, I also had a few friends murdered by gunfire, one was my room mate and one of my best friends. I didn't live in a bad area, I have quite a wealthy family who travelled and owned many properties across the U.S.A.

In the U.K. however, I have never experienced any crime personally. All we get around here is drunken brawls and the occassional robbery (this is in pontefract, west yorkshire, I now live in Goole North Yorkshire.

I love it here, I gave up a fantastic lifestyle in florida to come home to the U.K. and i did this because I am english 100% and I am more comfortable with my people. There are a lot of great americans I know (including my dad!) But, I found a majority of the "sheeple" to be vein, untrusting, backstabbing, and too materialistic. The english are generally kind, welcoming, and will tell you what they think to your face, this is what I love.

I enjoy both countries but for crime, the people, and the beauty, I choose the UK every time...

Cheers,
-Jedi

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

True. The blame does rest with us, the elder generation that is raising these pups. My wife works, but only on the weekends where I can be home with the kids. Not to say we have raised perfect children (my oldest son is as lazy as a person can get) but I see this in other families over here.
And now look at the mess we are in now. Crime is rampant (and here I'm just going to lump UK in with the US) and our lazy generation is asking the government for more help in our lives. Our schools are teaching their own version of "morality" our colleges are teaching (indoctrinating) the new and future leaders.
And the nanny-state mindset keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Hell,look at our president. A child grown in a home without a mother and father. Raised by his grandmother.
Sometimes I hope things get worse. Those of us that can adapt and grow during hard times will certainly replace those that expect everything handed to them.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by _Phoenix_

This is what happens when misfits and malcontents move into a country.

People who are fleeing from something may well have reason to flee if war has occured, but in normal circumstances why are we allowing such misfits into the country to breed even more misfits?

The point is, before they come into this country some are TOTALLY different.

Ive seen kids come into this country, all friendly and sweet, and they would get picked on, then just a year later they have merged into this UK gangsta wannabe culture, their attitudes totally changed, white people, black people, asian people etc etc are all in on it.

Now let me remind people outside the uk that I would say that most kids are not into it, just like the news, we are only focusing on the negative, which gives a VERY unfair view of our country has a whole, we have to remember we are only focusing on the bad in this thread.

Most kids especially in the better areas are more nice, polite, well behaved, intelligent etc You know their mentality is more like that actor in harry potter or Orlando Bloom, and the many other english actors. I mentioning actors bas reference lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

Yes thank you for that, like I said in my previous comment, we have been focusing on a LOT of negativity on this thread, which gives people outside the uk a very scary and ugly view of this country, while forgetting that uk is mostly more positive, there are many great places all over the country with great people, the bad people are around, but most of them stick to certain places areas, which is why peoples experiences will differ with every person you ask.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
These are not official figures. The way crime is recorded in the UK and elsewhere varies immensely, i.e., a school playground fight will in The Netherlands not result in a recorded violent crime as it is in the UK.
I lived in the Netherlands,have family in Germany and Belgium, these countries handle mild affrays differently to the UK.
This violent crime is not widespread it is mainly in inner city areas such as London, Manchester and Newcastle, where social deprevation is a huge factor.

We should look at Nordic countries where crime rates are very low, there is little poverty and they have a more equal society. They also lock less people up and have less reoffending.

The decriminalizing of drugs has been a huge sucess in Portugal, the numbers of users has gone down along with the associated violent crime.

Portugal
www.time.com...
It is similar in Sweden and the Netherlands.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Yes good points, they are definitley some of the main parts of the deeper problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Where I live in England the most serious violence comes from kids playing in a tree and breaking a branch off.

We sometimes do get people dropping litter in the streets though!
So yes, crime is a big issue

Obviusly there are a few places which are much different, but having lived in many different parts of England I think my experiences are far more common. Nearest I've experienced to violent crime in 43 years is when I owned a pub and had the occasional person get a bit silly after too many beers on a Saturday night. And that was dealt with by stern words and showing him the door.

A 'friend' did once punch me on the nose. When I was 18.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

You have to also remember that a LOT of crime doesn't get reported, getting beaten up, getting attacked, etc etc people especially youths don't report it.

Even when they get mugged for their mobile phone a lot of people don't report it, because they know the thugs have sold it within like 10 mins! They work FAST! And if you call the police, they give a not gonna find them attitude, the only thing they will do is look around for a hooded person, in an area full of hooded people....and then they give up.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I should also add to my post that a lot of these youngsters are growing up in one parent families and they hardly get to see their parents due to work... How can parents work from like 6am until 8 or 9pm and still be expected to be there for their children?

Crime rate has shot up in the last 10, 15 years because of this and also i have a feeling that since neither parent is prepared to give up their search for Independence & Career respectibility that this has the knock on effects to their children!

Why have children if you want a career?

You should really think about this before having children!!!!

I also have to admit that a lot of these youngsters are bought up on estates where the going craze is selling drugs! It's just got to the stage now where it's out of control!!!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
funny thing is my brother lives in Hackney in london apparently "murder mile"
yet i feel safer walking in Hackney on a saturday night than i do walking around my own market town on a saturday night. If your not part of any "gang" you are pretty safe in London

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If your not part of any "gang" you are pretty safe in London

It's hard on those ones living on Estates though as it seems like they only have 2 choices....

1) To join a gang and be a part of something and feel safe

or

2) Not join a gang and possibly be picked off by the gang you were supposed to join or picked off by a rival gang who think that you are part of the gang on that estate

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Dear me, people just read stuff and don't think about it...

Originally posted by merkaba93
Here we have another piece of proof that gun control does not work.

Please learn the difference between "evidence" and the various meanings of the word "proof". This is not proof of anything.

The poor British who were once able to defend themselves in the face of violent crime

Evidence for this? It's a ludicrous statement.

The British people should organize and reinstate their right to keep and bare arms so that they might better protect themselves. If criminals knew their prey would likely fight back with lethal force I am sure crime rates would drop dramatically.

Mmmm. Canada has similar gun laws to the US, yet violent crime and death by shooting, per head of population, is way way lower. Care to explain that?

I feel fortunate that I live in the US where my basic right of self defense is recognized and I am able to carry a gun with me every day.
I feel fortunate to live in the UK where there are only two kinds of thugs carrying guns: criminals and the police. So far I've had more contact with armed police than with armed crims.

Gun control is evil.

I just love unsupported generalisations like that.

What say you all? Opinions for or against in the face of this hard data?

The Mail is an appalling rag that's fit only for wrapping chips. They harp on about Laura Norder all the time. And... did no-one reading the article look carefully enough to notice this statement?

There are also degrees of violence. While the UK ranks above South Africa for all violent crime, South Africans suffer more than 20,000 murders each year - compared with Britain's 921 in 2007.

Am I the only person here who can see that this statement directly contradicts the premise of the thread? South Africa has more than 20,000 murders annually (well over 20 times the number in the UK) and yet Britain is more violent?

Quick population check: for this to be true, South Africa would have to have a population of around 140m. Its actual population is roughly 44m.

So it's a gun freak who wants to get all available evidence to show why guns are good.

As it happens, the only place I think should have guns freely available is the US, partly for solid Darwinist reasons - it's an effective cull on the stupid - and partly because I do think the US government is evil and its people will need to defend themselves against it pretty soon.

As far as the UK is concerned, the fewer guns on the streets, the better.

And as far as the article is concerned... it's just more Mail frothing, and they can't even get their analysis straight.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Phoenix that happens in every country.

I so agree with you Essan, I could go on You Tube now and find gangs from the USA or Timbuktu.

We do have problems in certain areas that have to be addressed. This could be we have become the most overcrowded country in Europe, that multi-culturism does not work...very diferent to a multi racist society... People in some areas have no common identity.

Imo all of this is part and parcel of even more laws, more surveillance and more control of familes by the State.

The UK has more surveillance than all EU countries The two worst countries in the 36-nation survey are Malaysia and China, and Britain is one of the bottom five with "endemic surveillance".

BBC 2006

news.bbc.co.uk...

This report is in my opinion a government ploy.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

As someone who's lived in the UK and US myself, I absolutely agree.

On the other hand, I do have to admit that I don't go into central Brighton (my home town) on a Saturday night because it is rammed with drunken lackwits itching to pick a fight.

But that's not quite the same thing as being terrified of violent crime.

There are all sorts of things to moan about in Britain, but I really agree with your points about UK v US mores. At University I had a lot of friends who took a year abroad as part of their degree, and the ones who went to the US invariably agreed with your criticisms re the shallowness and vanity of many Americans.

And if you're living in Yorkshire you'll definitely know the meaning of "candour". In fact I suspect Yorkshire was where they first put the "dour" into "candour" but I love it anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have quite a few British friends and they all own rifles... Legally I might add.

Sure there might be some hoops to jump through, but you can still own guns. Maybe not like in the U.S. where you can get a carry permit for a pistol (like I had), but the Brits aren't totally disarmed yet.

I've been to the U.K. many times. How I experienced London was well... Not very nice to put it that way. I won't go into any details, but let's just say that it really gave me a negative picture on things.

However, places like Leicester and such are fine little towns.
Not every town is filled with people roaming the streets looking for something bad to do, people to beat up or something like that.

Although I agree with a few things said in the article, I disagree with most.

Peace,
FK

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join