It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Originally posted by Jimi2012

It could be a range of things from testing a new type of warhead, to delivering some type of terra forming agents.

What are some of the ideas everyone has?

Well, as you indicated, that is a form of rampant speculation, unsupported by the facts.

Not to start a landing conspiracy thread,...

Errrmmmm...

...does anyone recall..., asking the head of Nasa why we have not returned to the moon and his reply was that we had : Lost the technology".....

That was certainly an unfortunate choice of words. It could better be said that the hardware that was used...AKA Apollo stuff...cannot be re-created "as is" anymore. Remember, please, that the vehicles were built by contractors. Rockwell, Northrup, etc. They had/have all of the construction details, technical drawings and so forth.

BUT....no one would be foolish enough to re-build Apollo-era stuff again!! That would be like building Boeing 707s as the next "new" jetliner.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

I could not locate any information on the site linked to , nor any links on that site, as to the exact date of IMPACT with Luna... any clues anyone ?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The estimated dates are in the time period of Oct 7 - 11, 2009.

lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

Observe the LCROSS impacts!

Date & Time:
Projected lunar impact is on October 9, 2009 at 11:30 UT (7:30 a.m. EDT, 4:30 a.m. PDT), +/- 30 minutes.

The impact time will be refined as the mission progresses. Two weeks prior to impact, the impact time will be known to within a second.
Check back on this webpage for the most up-to-date timing information.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Don't worry people......

'LHC may start up again in September'

www.newscientist.com...

If anything unexpected happens with the moon then at least we have a point in time (portal) created by LHC to go back to....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz Is it because it's NASA?

Yup that be it... using taxpayers money to play with their toys, with no regard to taxpayers opinions
And splattering space debris on every palnet moon and asteroid in the system.

If I dumped my used metal in the Nevada desert someone would be knocking on my door to give me a hefty fine or jail time, Yet NASA can just smash spacecraft containing expensive components that could be recycled in the future; precious metals like gold and platinum and POUNDS of highly radioactive plutonium 258 from the RTG's that power many of these craft all over the solar system, and its okay?

This is science? Who will clean up that mess?

NASA - Need Another Space Agency

NASA The scourge of the Cosmic Litterbug

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We are officially going to die...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A loophole in Space Law allows individuals and companies to hold Mineral Rights on the Moon, Mars and other celestial bodies.

It's Nothing to do with the mining rites. This following site tells you just who really owns the current mining rites on the moon and mars.

www.specintel.com...

www.specintel.com...

There are some structures up there that need to be taken care of.
There are a few very rare videos about these structures.

Other wise I suggest you learn to astral travel or remote view to up there.
In 1996 nasa announced that they found water on the moon.

I would laugh so hard if the moon shatted when impact happens.
As I know exactly where to go.

You know if the moon goes you can kiss the ocean good bye. But you will still have to pay your Taxes...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's a nice photo of the Mars landscape, hadn't seen that one before.

Almost looks somewhat inviting, in a bleak sort of way.

You've given me a great entrepreneurial idea! Martian scrap collecting for fun and profit...

I suppose the Lunar sites will be off-limits, for historical reasons. Probably even the new crater they're gonna make in a few months.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
You've given me a great entrepreneurial idea! Martian scrap collecting for fun and profit...

Well you will need this...

"Establishing Possession of Resources and Debris in Space"

www.angelfire.com...

But we could just buy shares in Galactic Mining Industries Inc.

www.space-mining.com...

OH yeah forgot... you don't believe there is anyone mining out there yet

I suppose the Lunar sites will be off-limits, for historical reasons. Probably even the new crater they're gonna make in a few months.

Good point, but imagine the VALUE of that scrap... for souvenirs collectors. I could use one of those Moon buggies out here in the Nevada desert for sample collecting

[edit on 20-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Almost looks somewhat inviting, in a bleak sort of way.

Well it reminds me a lot of home... debris and all... seems mankind just has to litter wherever he goes...

But at least we have life forms out here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/025845395b0b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10
Don't worry people......

'LHC may start up again in September'

www.newscientist.com...

If anything unexpected happens with the moon then at least we have a point in time (portal) created by LHC to go back to....

Lucky us. THX For me reminding me, that sure took them long, only two moths of delay they said, yet a year had to come!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimi2012

That was certainly an unfortunate choice of words. It could better be said that the hardware that was used...AKA Apollo stuff...cannot be re-created "as is" anymore. Remember, please, that the vehicles were built by contractors. Rockwell, Northrup, etc. They had/have all of the construction details, technical drawings and so forth.

BUT....no one would be foolish enough to re-build Apollo-era stuff again!! That would be like building Boeing 707s as the next "new" jetliner.

Thats exactly my point.... You don't lose technology, you advance it. We "lost" the technology to build the pyramids they way they were, you don't lose the technology to go back to the moon, you improve it.... its only been 40 years... Look at the abundance of Tech explosion in the last 100 years and your telling me I mistook what the guy said? No way.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimi2012

Jimi, I won't re-quote everything. I think I misled you and accidentally hurt your feelings because of poor writing skills.

The "unfortunate choice of words" was referring to the NASA spokesman, not you!

AND, I agree wholeheartedly that with all of our advances in 40 years the newer spacecraft should be a big improvement over Apollo hardware (and software).

I do fear, however, that there may be too many "cooks in the kitchen" this time 'round.....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

AND, I agree wholeheartedly that with all of our advances in 40 years the newer spacecraft should be a big improvement over Apollo hardware (and software).

Well NASA doesn't agree with you...

The mission to land on the moon again will cost 100 BILLION so they plan to save money (read cut corners, something NASA is REALLY good at) by using old Apollo stuff

Says so right here

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With present day propulsion and fuel weight, this is totally non-cost-effective.
They need better and less voluminous fuel.
I think, nothing will come out of this before effective electromagnetic propulsion is invented.

Standard action-reaction propulsion will get us nowhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, z....

Well NASA doesn't agree with you...

...they plan to save money (read cut corners, something NASA is REALLY good at) by using old Apollo stuff

Now, you know that's not exactly what the video said! I'll let everyone else watch, and decide. (Pertinent part at about 3:00)

The mission to land on the moon again will cost 100 BILLION so...

Uh hrrrmmm....I did a quick googly and found the cost, so far, for the conflicts (I refuse to call them "wars") in Afghanistan and Iraq is US$803B.

Considering, starting wih the mission that launched yesterday, the return to the Moon is $100B, seems reasonable when amortized over a decade or so.

How much money did Bush authorize for corporate bailouts before he left office???

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Some people are afraid what damage may be done by this.

The implication was it might change the orbit or whatever.

Think about it this way, we have exploded many nuclear and thermonuclear bombs (by several countries)

We have also exploded many underground.

Non of them has "cracked" the planet nor changed it's orbit.

On that basis, I see no real big deal in this.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nah man, no hurt feelings...no aggression. My favorite part about electric communication is the no sense of emotion part.... I did take the way you were wording your response wrong, but not to heart. I can't recall what show I saw that on but I was blown away with that answer. Actually called up my best friend ( Jammer2012 ) when I saw it and he was watching, trying to call me when I called him. But, then again I shouldn't have been surprised at the cats comment.... remember back in the day when NASA spent a few million on designing a pen that would function in zero grav..... and the Russians solved the problem for a few rubles by using pencils???? AHHHH TECHNOLOGY!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Some people are afraid what damage may be done by this.
The implication was it might change the orbit or whatever.

I never thought about that...

Imagine if that bomb ignites the Helium 3 (HE3) that is all over the moon and starts a chain reaction... might make the moon look like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff91136a0fee.jpg[/atsimg]

Or not

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
Exopolitics disagree with NASA and calls for UN intervention

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject. The U.N. Outer Space Treaty,

Wow! If NASA's purpose is truely an act of agression against a known extraterrestrial civilization, then they are either very stupid or it isn't their intentions. It would seem rather Bold being as primitive as we are to go up against a civilization that has the technology to not only get to the moon , but set up house there.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by noah1111]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by noah1111]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join