It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am totally shocked!

Doesn't the moon have something to do with our tides and some kind of gravitational pull on the earth?

If this is the case why are NASA messing with our planet??

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Same old story, am I in a summer carnival.
Step insides and see the alien.
Where do you get there invites.
Zorgon, you have to be in the in crowd to see the Alien.
Let us know how it all turns out.
On some forum, not to be named later, people were inviting each
other to a meet and greet for something.
Fast friends are made on the internet, it boggles.

I think the bomb will turn into a crash after all and due to
some oops that de orbits the craft.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

UK science news is completely government Intel.
As opposed to.
US science news being completely government Intel.

They took over in 1943.
They realized who the were at the end of WWII
Possession of engineering drawings is 90% of the law back then.
But hit the fan in 1945.
Then the scramble to take everything off the shelves
And finally all the news that's fit to print.

I don't have the link to the Science Dictatorship but you can
find it easy on the net.

Google: science dictatorship
There you go a solid response.

[edit on 6/19/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Probably because the European space agencies and defense industries are heavily involved with NASA now as opposed to 10 or 15 years ago. A lot of papers here don't even bother unless it is a shuttle launch or has a controversial payload.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
TeslaandLyne I will review this link. Thank you.
Secretagentwooman I honestly hope they can pull it through, although I do believe and predict that, despite the new competition that will be present by the BRIC countries, feasible solutions will have to come from old Europe once more. Practical and innovating ideas. Something like Europe will wake up one day and start playing with Tesla's inventions for instance. We wont be losing as a whole and in fact any economic downturns might actually prove beneficial for everyone in the long run and for the sake of true progress.

Anyway, if we just start to blow things up in the hope of ..studying them, which measures are there for us too guarantee that any such methods employed might not be an intentional destruction of any kind of evidence that doesn't in our current theory of the Cosmos.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would agree that if NASA has done this type of test before why would they spend millions or maybe billions on this launch. I would speculate that the military has to have some thing to do with this. I came across interesting link a www.space.com.www.space.com... Read this link,,,the military has classfied information from a sattelite that detects nuclear testing that has also picked up meteors that hit the earth or more important the one ones that explode before they hit the ground.Maybe some sort of connection?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

The upshot: Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified. "It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy...a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy." Scientists say not only will research into the threat from space be hampered, but public understanding of sometimes dramatic sky explosions will be diminished, perhaps leading to hype and fear of the unknown.

Oh that's just great...
More obscurity=more food for the paranoid in the future plus less scientific data for the masses to play with.
This could spell out and with big letters only one thing.

Dumping down
Paving the way for fabricating new scares

Well ..Those were two things actually.

They might actually start competing the Chinese methods for allowing the general public to access information. Ahem excuse me ..I mean for NOT-allowing the public.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If the moon is a dead rock why is NASA even bothering with it?? I dont get all this space exploration stuff anyway.Billions of dollars spent on it ...for what really ???

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
im not the type of person that bits on every thing i hear or read but i just dont know why they (military) would do that...misinformation,or misdirection..or maybe nothing at all. it just seems the public is slowly losing access to important information.Its a shame that this has to happen to get the publics interest,and thats the ones who are listening

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

I would love to request it jra but I don't want the first impression NASA has of me to be "What a kook!"

I do plan on coming to your thread though, explaining to people that the stars aren't holes poked in the blanket covering the Sun is getting a little old.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm freakin excited!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
If the moon is a dead rock why is NASA even bothering with it?? I dont get all this space exploration stuff anyway.Billions of dollars spent on it ...for what really ???

Let me see..
There other worlds, planets, that means probably more space to live, another thing is more resources, and probably there are ..new resources to be discovered.
Did I mention resources?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fromtheheart66

Because the moon is rich in Helium 3 and possibly contains water, which is what this mission is designed to find out. The moon, with it's low gravity and lack of atmosphere also makes a great jumping off point for extended space missions as it will require a fraction of the amount of fuel and thrust to lift off from the moon.

Also, EVERYONE wants a secret Moon base

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
new resources for the iron industry ...and a lot of other mineing exports...Could be a test run to see how much money some one make...lol would not be surprised

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if testing for water is really about a manned mission to Mars. I could be wrong but if we were to put people on Mars there is a good chance they'd start from the moon.

Water, after all, is one of the most important elements to sustaining human life and is also one of the heaviest things we could expect to import to a space station.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by findlesticks
If this is the case why are NASA messing with our planet??

Because they can... they have all the rockets...

After all its only tax payers dollars they are crashing all over the solar system.

That is the new scientific method of discovery; smashing into things to see what the dust will stir up... never mind that they are contaminating every sample with spacecraft debris

Originally posted by spacebot
What's wrong with the American media lately?

Lost interest in the space program years ago

unless the moon blows up... they will cover that

Also I really doubt NASA will make any real attempt in the future to colonize the moon the way US economy is going.

Seems NASA agrees with you

NASA may abandon plans for moon base
www.newscientist.com...

NASA may abandon plans for moon base New Scientist
www.marsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
so can someone clarify when this thing is supposed to hit? if its possible i can watch i wouldnt want to miss this.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm06002
so can someone clarify when this thing is supposed to hit? if its possible i can watch i wouldnt want to miss this.

LaCROSS Mission page

lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
zorgon so apparently it seems that media people knew ahead of us that colonizing the Moon was a big BULL.. all this time?
Since I also notice they heave somehow lost interest in Mars too, maybe a bit, what that should tell me?

No need to answer. I already know that answer and it doesn't make me happy one bit. So practically we are just stuck here for the time being while THEY having fun blowing things up there.
Now that's quite of a twist I never expected. Or did I?

A.C Clarke should be rolling in his grave.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
reply to post by jammer2012

The upshot: Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified. "It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy...a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy." Scientists say not only will research into the threat from space be hampered, but public understanding of sometimes dramatic sky explosions will be diminished, perhaps leading to hype and fear of the unknown.

Dear Spacebot,

If you are going to quote content from an external source would you please be so kind as to tell us what the source is and maybe provide a link to it if the information is online, or cite the book or magazine title and author if it's not online? Thank you.

I clicked on Jammers link www.space.com... and it took me to space.com with this message: "We’re sorry, but there is no SPACE.com Web page that matches your entry. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist."

The posts are not that old so how could the link not work already?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sorry it may be a error on my part.I can give you the name ...Military Kush-Up;incoming space rocks now classified By Leonard David

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join