It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and self proclaimed aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I very much enjoy browsing this site to seek the truth about many things which have more questions than answers, as are all of you guys/gals Im sure. Unfortunately I have seen there are some immature people who make up silly stories that they themselves are aliens. You guys know which recent thread I'm reffering to. Anyway, I thought this site was one of the more serious ones? Am I wrong? How often is it that ppl post rediculous threads like this?
I'm sorry but it bothers me when you have ppl making up tales to deceive ppl. It creates confusion and it's counterproductive as it takes us farther from the truth. What do you guys think?

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Unfortunately I have seen there are some immature people who make up silly stories that they themselves are aliens

Welcome to the internet. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I used to think this was the most credible conspiracy site on the web. It seems lately, however, that a large number of people are making outlandish, childish, and ridiculous claims. and yes, i know the thread

I am of the opinion that those nuts might have deliberately registered to ruin and disinfo any thread of groundable, factual or scientific viability. We seem to have good, constructive discussions until some "alien human indigo" comes on and tells us the answers are in our spirits, in the stars or on a higher vibration of existence that they can see and we cant because we dont believe or some jargon like that.

Welcome to the newer, dumber ATS.

edit: also, iv come across some people who think they came to earth on dragons. DRAGONS! you know... like in that movie. This is the epitomy of i need professional help.

mabey we need an ATS psych ward

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kevin_X1]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Dude, great handle and sig. Logjammin and Anton Chigurgh. lmao.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On here I can be whoever I want ~ I'm a 30ish, English guy, but if I want to be a 19 year old girl, a nuclear physicist with a limp and an eyepatch, whatever I want, I can pretend to be...

The great thing about ATS is that there are inquiring minds on here, people that ask questions, there's been some really good threads on UFOs and whether or not they're faked, people scrutinising and offering opinion on the evidence, eventually things end up debunked or not, the same goes for people that profess to be something they're not, they get asked questions and sooner or later the "truth" will out. If I wanted to pretend to be a nuclear physicist I'd get tripped up pretty quick, some people are better at these things ~ do their research etc (me I just like asking questions and debating), but sooner or later the frauds get shown-up.

I've seen some pretty heated exchanges on threads and it always seems one party are asking rational questions and asking for answers and another offers nothing other than "because I said so"... it's great when two parties that are both well informed come from different sides of an argument, that's where we should truly be able to get decent debates from ~ I've seen some really good threads conservative vs liberal, both sides well informed, yet disagreeing and many other different topics.

I'm trying to stay away from indigo-bashing, but they all seem to fall into the category of "All talk/no action/evidence", they're ultimately tedious to deal with, don't stand up under scrutiny and in my opinion, just a little whacky. Thing is, some people can come to believe they're own hype ~ just look at politicians, rock stars or actors, we live in a world that reveres celebrity and for the average Joe (or Joanne) a little taste of that can be a powerful thing... I'd like to treat them with sympathy and think they'll grow out of it, unfortunately it seems "cultish" to me all the posts I've read eventually lead me to conclude they're from damaged individuals.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, there are a lot of BS'ers on here that claim to be aliens...

I never found it very humorous myself...But, thats the web for ya

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I understand what you are trying to say, however please explain how you know that some of these people aren't telling the truth and that you can just not comprehend it?

A few years back, me and this guy figured out the world was actually spherical. We were sitting on a beach one day when I noticed the top of a ships sails seemed to appearing on the horizon. We looked through our telescope and gradually the ship come in to view. It was one of those moment, when we realised that everything we thought we know was wrong.

We started to spread the word, but the people just laughed at us, called us names, even throw crap at us. It took a while, but others finally learnt we were right all along.

--------
Edit: I'm not saying you are wrong, but I have an open but skeptical mind. And such as the law, innocent until proved guilty. Unless they state they flew here on dragons. lol

[edit on 17-6-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you like you could start your own website and then can control the content as you wish, keeping the nutters at bay and concentrating on the more serious per say. Hey im with you all the way but i found the best thing is to ignore it and occasionally wander in just to see how far downhill they have slid.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They thing that annoys me about these people on here that claim to be aliens, star children, light people or whatever else they call themselves is they never prove it.

If you're an alien posting on a website, good for you, but prove it.

lol, there are just some crazy nutters out there I guess and as its the internet they can be whatever or whoever they want.

Anyway, where is the thread in question? I'm curious to have a read now, lol.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The fact that they can post these outlandish claims only proves ATS is a democratic forum.anyone can chime and speak his stuff.all we can do is bypass em.simple as that.claiming to be an alien or an indigo means u can provide evidence to back these things up.if not then
this place is to debate and come to conclusions after we discuss and analyse some things.nothing more nohting less

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The problem as i see is, there are mainly two categories

- Those who just want to fool around with ATS and pretend to be aliens just to make noise and gain a lot of points in the meantime.

- Those whose life is so empty and feel frustrated about it, or that have failed to make their dreams come true, etc. all these people look for something else to make them feel better, escaping from their reality where they are nothing but 'losers' in their own eyes, so they kind of make up this new reality where they are the saviors, the heroes.

I guess this is a sign of our times, there are a lot of people who can't find a place on this world where they feel good and can be happy, so they create an alternative reality where their desires and dreams are true and eventually they forget it is just a fantasy.

Like if you repeat a lie a lot of times, at the end you end up believing your own lie

It seems it is increasing, there are a lot of people lately who are so desperate for an escape that will believe anything they hear as long as it promises a better life.

And then there are people who abuse this for their on benefit.

And then there are people like 'ly-on' who are so delusional they see Gods on reflections, they think they talk with Jesus, Einstein, etc, they think they are Angels reincarnated or Egyptian Gods, but they do believe this, they have gone past the limit of reality with a one way ticket.

Kai

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
School is out right now. A lot of the garbage will die down when the summer is over and the kiddies are back to doing whatever it is they do in school.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

I understand what you are trying to say, however please explain how you know that some of these people aren't telling the truth and that you can just not comprehend it?

We don't know, but we can see patterns, such as the always present offer for salvation and the always missing proof, the promise of something happening soon than later moves to another date because they had to go first take the dog out for a walk that day and they forgot they had promised to hover their space ships over the capitals of the world

And, the lack of real knowledge about most of the stuff, the pseudoscience that they always use and sometimes they even use things that are already proved to be hoax, but they are not aware yet the hoax was discovered

Once you have been reading a lot of those threads, you can clearly see the same pattern in all of them.

The difference also is, if you say, the earth is spherical, then you need to prove it, and you can, you can explain how you got to that conclusion, but if you go and say, oh we moved all the dinosaurs to a planet which is 30,000 times bigger than earth, and someone questions that, and you just go running like a teenage girl yelling that you will leave everyone to die because they don't believe blindly on you, then something's wrong and is smelling bad..

Is also not good when you are found out to have copied text from another site and posted it as an explanation for something you really don't know a thing about, but you hoped and thought people here were dumb enough that they would never find out you just copy/pasted that explanation from somewhere else..

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kaifan]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
if this topic bothers you enough for you to start a thread, you need to chill out from the ATS homie

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

I know and I'm with you... I just don't like to dismiss things (except flying in on Dragons, lol) straight away. Just in case, they are telling the truth.

And if someone now posts a photo of them flying in on a dragon, I'll feel very small right now.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well the argument is, can you prove that they're not aliens?

Theoretically, they could be sat at the computer right now, in a large pool of saline solution operating the keyboard with several tentacles high above the Earths surface, cloaked to all observers.
This theory also encompasses that they could also be sat a keyboard whilst the nurse wipes drool from the corner of their mouth and ensuring she's removed any sharp objects.

Personally, I think they're a bit 'special'

[edit on 17/6/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by Kaifan

I know and I'm with you... I just don't like to dismiss things (except flying in on Dragons, lol) straight away. Just in case, they are telling the truth.

And if someone now posts a photo of them flying in on a dragon, I'll feel very small right now.

Now i'm curious about those dragons riders? where did that came from?

If the evidence points to everything being a lie, then you must go with that, if later on, there is more evidence pointing to everything being true, then you go with that

But you must never stand too much in the middle, thing is, if you stand still for too long, you will never get anywhere, and the time goes by, you must go for what looks more likely to be the truth, you can always go back on the road, but if you don't start walking, everyone will be way ahead of you by the time you make a choice.

We need to take the risk

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It is possible they're telling the truth, the problem lies in things being held up to scrutiny, which certain elements don't cope well with and just tell you to "look inside yourself" or my personal favourite "obviously you're not in touch with your inner...".

Thing is the earth being a sphere had evidence, that got shown, had phenomena that could be demonstrated, experienced and repeated...

Now we could say that in days gone mental illnesses may have been attributed to things such as possession and now we know better. We could also say that people believed in dragons and now we know there were people that travelled to strange lands and saw things like the Komodo dragon etc, but still the travelling guys could've said "Ok, lets go back and find them again" to prove their point.

Personally, I do think there are mental abilities that we're yet to understand, I seem to have a high level of empathy, but I just think of myself as being a bit dog-like in that respect and wouldn't make grandiose claims to it.

I like the way ATS polices itself, I don't necessarily think it's getting dumbed-down (although ditch the text-speak ppl). My main problem is that there are certain people on here that don't like being scrutinised and they're the ones that worry me, they remind me of politicians.

Check out these threads for example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of them seems full of nothing but unsubstantiated "hot air" and the other gives a psychological profile of people full of "hot air"... they're an interesting contrast.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Tell ya what, read commander ly ons thread about final contact and then tell me that Im being judgemental.
Im open minded as anyone. Im just not into hindering what we are all trying to do. Which is seek the truth. When someones story is obviously garbage then Im pullin their card. If you want to read fantasy then dont do it here. Thats not what this is for. Go read Dr. Suess.
Again, Im not a skeptic or a debunker. What I am is rational. When someone makes an astounding claim they are going to have to ensure that it isn't filled with 50 holes. When that person changes their story and contradicts themself then their story is BS. If you can't see that then you're part of the problem

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

No I cannot prove that theyre not aliens. But can you prove that Im not your father? Give me a break man. Since when is someone who thinks rationally and weighs options a close minded person? Read the final contact thread and learn how the guy cut and pasted his answers from an electronic rf gun site. Please do that first before you criticize me for being skeptical. I'm not against astounding claims. Im for them if there is evidence. But Im not going to assume that every single thing I read is plausible. Thats what retards do. Theres a difference between a credible claim and a BS one. The worse the BS, the easier to spot. Is that so hard to believe? You're open minded; why can't you believe that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join