It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

That is such sloppy reasoning you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
I am extremely open minded but i don't go around throwing my straight dog in my gay friends faces and tell them ..SEE THIS IS NATURE! ALL IS STRAIGHT! That would be wrong.

Can you please point out in the study where it says: "SEE HOMOSEXUAL IS NATURE! ALL IS GAY!"?

If anything, this study shows that it is natural for a percentage of the animal population (including humans) to be gay. Not, "everyone should be gay....it's the greatest".

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I agree that it is sloppy reasoning, but no more sloppy than trying to say that their should be gay marriage because homosexuality is a natural occurence that people are born with and that some animals are homosexual so that makes it normal and acceptable.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
It is common for animals to kill and eat each other. So should we change the law to allow humans the right to murder and cannibalism based on the fact that it is natural?

As said before: It used to be common amongst tribes in Africa and Australia (I believe).

Also, these animals kill and eat each other because they are hungry. Did we throw the book at the soccer team that crashed in the Andes and had to eat the dead to stay alive? No, we didn't. We felt compasion for them because it was their only choice for survival. Which would be under the "natural" definition.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
As said before: It used to be common amongst tribes in Africa and Australia (I believe).

Also, these animals kill and eat each other because they are hungry. Did we throw the book at the soccer team that crashed in the Andes and had to eat the dead to stay alive? No, we didn't. We felt compasion for them because it was their only choice for survival. Which would be under the "natural" definition.

Well then we have established that it is normal for humans to kill and eat each other as an act of war or survival or whatever. Does that make it acceptable?

Also, I bet some animals kill and eat each other just because it is natural to them and not because they are starving. They just saw the other lion or whatever as a nice snack or a threat or a challenge to its power or a good battle of life and death seemed fun at the moment.

There is a difference between understanding a certain circumstance of survival in regards to the Andes plane crash, and changing the law to make it acceptable for everyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
I am extremely open minded but i don't go around throwing my straight dog in my gay friends faces and tell them ..SEE THIS IS NATURE! ALL IS STRAIGHT! That would be wrong.

Can you please point out in the study where it says: "SEE HOMOSEXUAL IS NATURE! ALL IS GAY!"?

If anything, this study shows that it is natural for a percentage of the animal population (including humans) to be gay. Not, "everyone should be gay....it's the greatest".

Even better it went on to explain how the gesture of homosexuality between male doolphins was a bonding experience or how the fruit fly couldn't tell the difference. Far from gay marriage I would say, acts of homosexuality have been around for as long as man has, this does not mean it is a good idea. Seems to me, it is some sort of meeting their sexual perversions.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It just goes to show that under different circumstances, something as horrifying as cannabilism can be seen as "natural".

Just as homosexuality can be seen as horrifying to some, it is natural for others.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Being homosexual is a choice and nothing else.

When did you make your choice?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It just goes to show that under different circumstances, something as horrifying as cannabilism can be seen as "natural".

Just as homosexuality can be seen as horrifying to some, it is natural for others.

Natural? Such as the urge to rape or have sex with underage girls? Or perhaps walking around naked? Maybe going to the bathroom where ever I please? ALl Natural. But as humans, sophisticated beings, civilized people, etc etc we like to hold our selfs above these things. We make laws to prevent something so natural as to take from someone who can not defend themselves. In a natural world, society can not last. Natural order spells disaster for evrything we have worked to achieve. Natural is hardly ever the right thing to go for.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

The point you seem to overlook is that just because something is natural does not make it acceptable to society or that it should be legalized.

Murder, adultery, etc are all naturall to humans genetically, but it doesnt mean that we should allow them to happen without consequences or make them equal to behavior that is beneficial to society as a whole.

I am sure most adult males have seen some smoking hot 16year old girl that they thought was attractive, but it doesnt make it right to change the laws to allow him to do whatever they want, even if it is consentual. But nobody could say it is not natural to have the desire. So the man has choices, break the law, change the law, or choose not to act on his desires.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

He even walks around kind of fruity, his tale is docked and it wiggles and wags back and forth

I almost ruptured myself laughing so hard. Nevertheless, every thing is God's creation. Live and let live I say. but you got to get those dogs hitched to make it proper.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Okay, here's a question for all of you:

Do you have a problem with bisexuality?

Someone who is attracted to both sexes is not going against natures law that we must reproduce yet is also not constrained by antiquated notions that sex with one person is right and sex with another person is wrong.

Personally I see little difference when it comes to sexual orientation, both sides have good features and bad features and in the end it comes down to who the person is, how smart they are and how well we get along, it has nothing to do with someone's gender. I also think this is why we see homosexual behavior in animals, not because we're smarter or more enlightened, simply because we have "society" to make us feel bad for doing things that come naturally.

I personally think it's rather childish to be hung up on one gender versus the other.

My personal opinion is that people have different appetites when it comes to sex, some like guys, some like girls, some like latex and some like chains.

I wonder how boring some people's sex lives are

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There is no such study. Just a sentence i used to what i will tell my friends. Better now? Happy? No such study as you knew quite well
And i am not 100% literate in English so i apologize.

Still i said it IS NOT a new study as i have seen many "gay animals" in my life. The reason why it is being put out now is to make it easier and more acceptable for heterosexual people, to soften them. We know when animals do something it is cute and quite forgivable. Your dog can steal your big steak and we as human forgive but let a hungry starving man steal it.

Animals is a great way to get on the softer side of us, to ease us in to something as this main topic discussed.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard
Natural order spells disaster for evrything we have worked to achieve. Natural is hardly ever the right thing to go for.

So, now you want everything to be "unnatural"? Well, there you go. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Okay, here's a question for all of you:

Do you have a problem with bisexuality?

Someone who is attracted to both sexes is not going against natures law that we must reproduce yet is also not constrained by antiquated notions that sex with one person is right and sex with another person is wrong.

Personally I see little difference when it comes to sexual orientation, both sides have good features and bad features and in the end it comes down to who the person is, how smart they are and how well we get along, it has nothing to do with someone's gender. I also think this is why we see homosexual behavior in animals, not because we're smarter or more enlightened, simply because we have "society" to make us feel bad for doing things that come naturally.

I personally think it's rather childish to be hung up on one gender versus the other.

My personal opinion is that people have different appetites when it comes to sex, some like guys, some like girls, some like latex and some like chains.

I wonder how boring some people's sex lives are

My whole point is that our sexual orientation is mostly driven by our own perversions.Say I am a pedophile, am I no different than a homosexual or heterosexual? The correct answer is no, but my preference is not near as acceptable as the other two. If you accept homosexuality then explain to me why I can not have what I want.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard
Natural order spells disaster for evrything we have worked to achieve. Natural is hardly ever the right thing to go for.

So, now you want everything to be "unnatural"? Well, there you go. Problem solved.

Natural is HARDLY EVER the right thing to go for. It is not about what I want, as much as society as a whole. Good Job!

Second line.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well you can not have everything be natural. It is natural to torture you enemy as it is driven by survival instinct. It is natural to kill a man you catch sleeping with your wife. It is natural to have sex with anybody you are attracted to, but there has to be limits for the good of society and to protect people from each other.

Furthermore, like i have said before, there is nothing wrong with being homosexual in my opinion. What is wrong is trying to force everyone in society to accept it and to change the laws to give equal rights or special priveleges.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Well you can not have everything be natural. It is natural to torture you enemy as it is driven by survival instinct. It is natural to kill a man you catch sleeping with your wife. It is natural to have sex with anybody you are attracted to, but there has to be limits for the good of society and to protect people from each other.

So, what in your mind is detrimental to society as a whole if a woman sleeps and loves another woman or man with man? And please don't say procreation, because this world really needs more babies.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

I believe that in a free nation citizens should be allowed to do whatever they want AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HARM ANYONE ELSE.

Show me a child that hasn't been harmed by molestation and I'll change my opinion.

I could probably get a 12 year old to believe almost anything I want in a matter of hours, that does not constitute someone able to make independent and informed decisions about sex.

However, I see absolutely no reason to consider homosexual relations between two consenting adults as unnatural.

Homosexuality and pedophilia are VASTLY different topics and to associate the two is like linking smokers with Hitler.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Shadowflux]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Shadowflux]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join