It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah some animals are gay, and some eat their feces, and some force sex upon other animals unwilling, and some mate with their parents or siblings, some eat their young or even their own adult kind. some animals kill for the fun (both monkeys, and cats have been shown to do this), etc etc. I could go on and on, but we are not animals, we are people. And people are different from animals. That is what seperates us from the animals- the morals, thought process, reason, etc. If two consenting adults of the same sex want to be together, then that is great for them. But just because animals do it doesn't make it a desirable behavior trait for a species, it doesn't mean that all us conservatives are wrong, it doesn't mean we shouldn't still speak up for what we believe. And just because I disagree with the position this study takes, or because I believe that homosexuality goes against the natural use of the human body, it doesn't mean I'm a homophobe. I have a couple gay friends, and they are normal.....except for Jeremy. He's kinda......gay. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Well.. in the end, it still doesn't change the moral facts in humans. Animals are not accounted for sin as humans are to God. Even if the whole animal kingdom were gay to the point of mass extinction, it wouldn't change anything. Animals kill animals with no consequences, so.. does that mean humans should not object to other humans doing it too just because it is "the natural thing to do"? Of course not. We are moral creatures and so we behave according to a higher standard. This, and also we have laws from God that make us accountable to Him for whatever actions we decide to take.

That is exactly my point, it's all about perspective. To say homosexuality is wrong, is to express an opinion based on a belief, and people believe many different things.

Ergo, live and let live, if people are homosexual, they are not 'not wired right' they are just wired differently, as we all are. You wouldn't comdemn someone for like ketchup rather than mustard would you? It'sall bout perosnal preference.

EMM

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Hate to tell you friend, but that is an opinion. It's the way you see it, kind of like my take on homosexuality. I think it's unnatural, and a completely unnatural use of human sexual function. But I won't belittle you, or tell you to "Get over it", like you did.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Well.. in the end, it still doesn't change the moral facts in humans. Animals are not accounted for sin as humans are to God. Even if the whole animal kingdom were gay to the point of mass extinction, it wouldn't change anything. Animals kill animals with no consequences, so.. does that mean humans should not object to other humans doing it too just because it is "the natural thing to do"? Of course not. We are moral creatures and so we behave according to a higher standard. This, and also we have laws from God that make us accountable to Him for whatever actions we decide to take.
these laws of God, you speak of....who wrote them again?

Man, that's right. man. Not God. man. Get over it.

Incorrect. It was God who made the law. Man wrote it down, but it was God's law.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

Hate to tell you friend, but that is an opinion. It's the way you see it, kind of like my take on homosexuality. I think it's unnatural, and a completely unnatural use of human sexual function. But I won't belittle you, or tell you to "Get over it", like you did.
That's cool, yes, it is an opinion, as is those who quote fairy tales as truth, or say that it is/is not genetic. based on opinions. I'm more than happy to go along with that. What i don;t like, is when people tell me that i'm some sort of abomination. I don't know why, but i find it slightly offensive

I'll appologise for the end of my last post, telling you to "get over it" You seem a reasonable person.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Incorrect. It was God who made the law. Man wrote it down, but it was God's law.
man wrote down what though? Some voice in his head told him this that or the other, doesn't make it any sort of fact. And as the poster above, who i quoted says, it's just an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

That is exactly my point, it's all about perspective. To say homosexuality is wrong, is to express an opinion based on a belief, and people believe many different things.

Ergo, live and let live, if people are homosexual, they are not 'not wired right' they are just not wired differently, as we all are. You wouldn't comdemn someone for like ketchup rather than mustard would you? It'sall bout perosnal preference.

EMM

No one should take what I say as condemnation. I do not condemn anyone. Sin is sin and each are accountable to God. As people go, I do not treat homosexuals different from straights. I am not taight to be the hater of people but to treat others the same as I wish to be treated. But it is the word of God that tells us what sin is, even if we don't accept it as such.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

man wrote down what though? Some voice in his head told him this that or the other, doesn't make it any sort of fact. And as the poster above, who i quoted says, it's just an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

That voice in the head was God. You don't believe so, oh well.. believe what you will, but as you say, in my opinion it changes nothing. We are not made for same sex relations but for procreation. Lusting for the same sex is sinful according to the Bible and the way the human body is made.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I believe that the origional bible, without all the bits taken out, may well have been channeled from something higher (and as a life long athiest/recent spiritualist convert, that's a bitter pill to swallow
) But man has contorted the bible to fit his own means, those who seek to control, have done it via religion for many years. Don;t do this, don;t do that, or you'll go to hell for ever. Do you really think that a loving all encompassing god would say that?

I don't. I know that the love I've felt via meditation, was from something higher. Well, I say I know, I mean, I kind of think that maybe... but it was love, pure and simple. Pure love.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Bisexual Species; June/July 2008; Scientific American Mind; by Emily V. Driscoll; 6 Page(s)

Two penguins native to Antarctica met one spring day in 1998 in a tank at the Central Park Zoo in midtown Manhattan. They perched atop stones and took turns diving in and out of the clear water below. They entwined necks, called to each other and mated. They then built a nest together to prepare for an egg. But no egg was forthcoming: Roy and Silo were both male.

Robert Gramzay, a keeper at the zoo, watched the chinstrap penguin pair roll a rock into their nest and sit on it, according to newspaper reports. Gramzay found an egg from another pair of penguins that was having difficulty hatching it and slipped it into Roy and Silo¿s nest. Roy and Silo took turns warming the egg with their blubbery underbellies until, after 34 days, a female chick pecked her way into the world. Roy and Silo kept the gray, fuzzy chick warm and regurgitated food into her tiny black beak.

www.sciamdigital.com...

Fairly interesting to say the least

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You know there is someone higher or you would not have so much as said so. A lot of people have complaints about the Bible because it doesn't let us do as we please and has consequences for disobeying that higher power who created us. But if you look at it in this light, that it is we who are the created and therefore belong to the Creator. So His will matters to us, or should. What a trajedy it would be to search for unity with what it is that makes all things only to come short of ever knowing who He was and is.

I was once an atheist myself. It was my discovery that there is a spiritual existence and world that brought me to God and then to Christ. Once I accepted His offering of forgiveness for my sin, I was free. It was really that simple for me. It was a search like any other, but it had a good result for me. I tried all the other stuff like meditation ESP, out of body, hypnotism, etc. And there was no satisfaction. But when I came to Christ and accepted Him. I was more alive than I ever felt before and still am. It has never changed. I would ask anyone to just try to read the Bible without any thoughts of prejudice. If can say yes to Jesus. You will know almost instantly what I mean.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's cool, I'm pleased that you've found something in your life. We all need that "something" And yes, I do believe in something higher, some sort of creator. But i believe that we are God ourselves, as God split up in order to learn about itself. Fragmented into what we are today, and have been growing toward throughout time. But, that's just my opinion.

I'll remain unconvinced that the bible is true word, becasue that's my untrusting nature of man. We do terrible things to one another, in the name of something that is supposed to be good. And that breaks my heart.

I'll leave this thread, as we're taking a bit off topic, with a peom, from the 11th century. Written by a man of Islamic background, which I feel is still relevent today.

You said, "A wise one created us ";
That may be true, we would agree.
"Outside of time and space," you postulated.
Then why not say at once that you
Propound a mystery immense
Which tells us of our lack of sense?

and as peotry is on special offer today, you can have another.

What is religion? A maid kept close that no eye may view her;
The price of her wedding gifts and dowry baffles the wooer.
Of all the goodly doctrine that I from the pulpit heard
My heart has never accepted so much as a single word.

peace

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So you mean that intra-sex relationships between humans are not only perfectly natural and have been practiced with little issue throughout recorded human history but that it's our ill informed and sick society that has a problem with letting people live their lives anyway they want???

I refuse to believe it! *climbs back into his fort made of stolen Gideon's Bibles*

(yes, I was being sarcastic)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i have evidence big shot. why dont you redirect yourself to the OP and take a read. if you have any sort of brain in your head, and a general grasp of the scientific/empirical method, you will know that 1000 species in the animal kingdom is a pretty strong and random sample. given that this (and obviously many more species) have a rate of homosexuality above 0, and even 10%, you have to draw the conclusion that all those animals, whose migration, reproduction and survival instincts are a result of natural processes of their genes, didnt all CHOOSE to be homosexuals.

and so... were not like animals, right? doggs lick their asses and we dont, right? wrong! we may have a head on our shoulders that allows us to regulate our feelings and emotions, but to what end? our brain is used in people like YOU to deny what we know to be true about ourselves. our brains give us the gift of choice, with the decision not to act openly homosexual. Its not the other way around, people dont get up one day and go "oh i think id like to take it up the hoo-hoo"

your way of thinking is backward, your logic is flawed, you dont need studies to determin whats going on in the world. open your eyes and your brain, and stop being a gay-basher. Its just disgusting

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just can't fathom that people are still trying to exemplify their sexual behaviors by comparing themselves with things that wear flea collars, but whatever. Just say you like what you like and whoever has a problem with can lick, er kiss your behind.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Such ignorance, bigotry and homophobia trying to pass itself off as knowledge.

Pathetic.

Our closest biological relative... the Bonobo is not only one of the few animals besides humans to have recreational sex including orgies outside of estrus but it is unapologetically bisexual.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I used to see it on the farm -- ducks, especially. If the male had urges and there wasn't a female around, he went after what was availabe. I'm not sure that made him homosexual as he would mate with females as well. This just means that the lower species isn't capable of understanding "male" and "female" -- but are sometimes capable of developing bonds with another animal, even if it is of the same sex. People intellectually know the difference between male and female, so this "study" doesn't really prove a lot.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Did it really take a scientific study to prove this? I have been seeing gay animals all my life! lol especially dogs. They could have paid me along time ago if they wanted to know that some animals are gay.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I would think that its not that those ducks are incapable of telling the difference between the sexes as opposed to having raging harmones that need to be addressed.

While homosexual behavior is seen in solitary animals and in individuals it is most often seen in colony animals... and by the way we are colony animals.

Generally speaking it arises under very specific circumstances... it was first observed in sea birds... when the population of a colony reached a certain density X number of females would begin pairing off with other females...

Now don't get excited guys we are talking about birds...

and X number of males would do the same even though there were plenty of partners to chose from.

And this would continue for a number of breeding seasons until the colony population dropped and then pairing would return to normal.

What this suggests is that at least with sea birds homosexual pairing is related to population and once a certain density is reached a genetic trigger is tripped...

This is interesting. And since we are animals and we are specifically colony animals I would not be surprised if something like this is behind human homosexuality as well.

The other time homosexuality in animals is observed is when there is a shortage of potential mates.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

ugh here we go with the animals are gay, again!! Please, read, and understand that they are not gay they are trying to dominate one another, to see who is control. Get it?!?!!? I had previously asked on eof my highg school science teachers about this, and got laughed at because he said it's not possible for them to be gay because they don't enjoy sex!! They have sex or mate to have babies, and if they are of the same sex it's to DOMINATE one another!!! THEY ARE NOT GAY!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join