It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

www.telegraph.co.uk

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, according to a new study.

The pairing of same sex couples had previously been observed in more than 1,000 species including penguins, dolphins and primates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencedirect.com

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
They found that on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, almost a third of the Laysan albatross population is raised by pairs of two females because of the shortage of males. Through these 'lesbian' unions, Laysan albatross are flourishing. Their existence had been dwindling before the adaptation was noticed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Come again? In the study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Good.

Maybe this'll help put an end to that stupid "it's not natural!" argument.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
looks like theres some stonin' to be done... (not really)

actually that doesnt surprise me at all. it is pretty much common knowledge that it happens all the time in nature. maybe this will lead to some more progress.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
My brother has a gay dog....honest to god.

He is a boxer, and he is a good boy, but he is 100% gay.

He has this other scruffy looking male dog who lives down the street and they are always nibbling and grooming one another and dry humping at all cost. He lives right next door to a female lab who is always around ....but he shuns her in favor of the hairy male boyfriend dog.

They once tried to breed him with a female boxer because he is of pure blood lines...and he refused to perform. Would not.

He even walks around kind of fruity, his tale is docked and it wiggles and wags back and forth. He is docile to the point of humiliation and has never so much as growled once in his life.

He is a case study in gay animal behavior. I wouldnt have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

100% genuine gay dog

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hey Blackops719, that is possibly the funniest post I have read in a long time!!!!

I know it is true, as my uncle also has a "gay" dog. But the way you put it down - genius!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

This is great news. I am tired of gays being targetted, criticised and ostracised, not to mention condemned to hell. I am not gay, but I have a lot of gay friends who are the greatest people you could hope to meet.

My son has two neutered male cats. One of them keeps trying to hump the other (who gets really annoyed lol- he is straight).. and these are NEUTERED!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
If you do claim that gay sex is ok because animals do it then you must also say that is ok to do everything else that animals do.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

OK, what do animals do that humans don't?

Overall, I would say that animals are better behaved than humans.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Do you guys think more and more animals will continue to show more homosexual behavior in the next few years? What if animals stop mating with opposite sex because they don't want to continue as a species? These are complete extreme conditions, I know...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Being homosexual is a choice and nothing else.

For everyone that argues that there's a gay gene, then show some solid proof. As of today, there's no ACTUAL proof that says there's a gay gene.

Animals can do whatever they want because it's not important.

Humans being gay on the other hand is simply a choice, and it's their lifestyle, so it's NOT natural.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

For everyone that argues that there's a gay gene, then show some solid proof. As of today, there's no ACTUAL proof that says there's a gay gene.

Animals can do whatever they want because it's not important.

Humans being gay on the other hand is simply a choice, and it's their lifestyle, so it's NOT natural.

That is the most ignorant thing Ive read on ATS. Homosexuality is not a choice, its obviously a natural thing. I take it you don't know any gay people. Just in the same way you don't choose to be hetrosexual. You may not think there is a specific Gay gene, but there are many genes that effect sexual choices.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by woodwardjnr]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Says who? You? Where's your ACTUAL proof? The only choice a homosexual person has is the choice whether or not to accept himself/herself for who they are.

It's amazing how people (homophobes) will grab each and every opportunity to bash homosexuals or to push their opinion down other people's throats...

Walk a mile...

Personally I'm not sure whether homosexual animal behaviour means anything either way... On the one side if something occurs in commonly in nature it must be "natural".

On the other side: In the animal kingdom we see a lot of strange behaviour, such as cannibalism (to name one random one). Just because a lioness eats her cubs doesn't mean it would be OK for a human mother to eat her baby...

Humans are simply too complex to link the dots between natural animal behaviour and "natural" human behaviour.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
gay animals , I wonder if Noah had that problem ? oh no he didn't he only took 2, 1 male and 1 female ( so we're told )

Wheres all the religeous 'holier than thou' patrol demanding that we exterminate the gay animals incase it infects higher life forms?

Black-ops , thanks for the laugh, very funny. I wonder seeing as dogs also have accents depending on where they're from ( true you know, they did tests) I can't help but wonder if your Boxer has a 'effeminate' accent to go with his 'tail waggling'.........

gay animals, whats next? gay fish? gay asteroids? gay molecules? gay vicars?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hahaha this is the funniest thing ive heard all day and im not joking

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hahaha this is the funniest thing ive heard all day and im not joking

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hilarious!

(Mod Edit- Sorry Video not appropriate for ATS)

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]
[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by asala]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join