It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

page: 2
12
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The problem was no doubt that this guy is from a Muslim family and he converted to Christianity (which is considered punishable by death in some very strict Islamic cultures).

If a European were to show up wearing a cross they would not have thought a thing of it, because they would have assumed the European was NOT an apostate that abandoned Islam for another religion and then chose to advertise it by wearing a cross.




posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
But remember people - Islam is about peace and love and Allah. You're just reading the Koran wrong... or spelling it wrong, either way you're WRONG! They were chanting peace be with you brother whilst they were beating him senseless. Muslims are a peaceful people who only want to express Allah's love to all...

/severe sarcasm off

[edit on 6/17/09 by mortalengine]

[edit on 6/17/09 by mortalengine]



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
.
posted by mistake - please delete.


[edit on 6/17/09 by mortalengine]



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
The problem was no doubt that this guy is from a Muslim family and he converted to Christianity (which is considered punishable by death in some very strict Islamic cultures).

If a European were to show up wearing a cross they would not have thought a thing of it, because they would have assumed the European was NOT an apostate that abandoned Islam for another religion and then chose to advertise it by wearing a cross.


Ah of course! .. why didn't we think of that, actually that makes sense now... and to think, for a second I actually thought that what they did was totally unacceptable. Thanks for clearing that up.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
But remember people - Islam is about peace and love and Allah. You're just reading the Koran wrong... or spelling it wrong, either way you're WRONG! They were chanting peace be with you brother whilst they were beating him senseless. Muslims are a peaceful people who only want to express Allah's love to all...


I think you all should relax some. Jim Crow was legal in the US not all that long ago, certainly there are places even today that a black...or a Jew, or a Muslim...or a white...would be unwise to enter. Getting beaten to death would not be unusual.

How about Gays being killed just for cheap yucks. And many of the perpetrators feel the Bible justifies such actions. Take a good look at Leviticus and tell me how Christianity is the religion of love.

My point is simple...you can't judge a religion by the actions of a few primitive fundamentalist nutters.

Neither Islam, nor Judaism, nor Christianity. What's shameful is...y'all know that, too.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So this new info makes it ok???

So what if someone changed religions...

That makes it ok to murder someone???


Religion of love and peace???

More like the excuse of murder's and terrorists.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A few people are doubting the veracity of this report check the link provided by the OP
It is The Asian News www.theasiannews.co.uk...

Although it does not seem to be carried anywhere else except here

www.earnedmedia.org...

which is a christian site.

Also states: However, the constitution of Pakistan explicitly prohibits such discrimination. (talking about the sign)



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is not anything new. Non Muslims get attacked and killed all the time in Pakistan. Most of those people are really backwards inbred stupid rubes, the Islamic world's equivalent of trailer trash. it's kinda like the old south, except more violent and barbaric, and not racially, but religiously motivated.

It's similar in many respects the the situation in Saudi Arabia, where anyone who is not a male Muslim Arab is considered subhuman and fair game for a number of crimes and abuses.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
sarcasm is boring.

Anyhow, all abrahamic religions are all the same!



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
This is not anything new. Non Muslims get attacked and killed all the time in Pakistan. Most of those people are really backwards inbred stupid rubes, the Islamic world's equivalent of trailer trash.


I'd venture to say that you've managed to apply vicious negative stereotypes to both Pakistanis, and folks who live in trailers...not to mention southerners...all at the same time.

Most folks are decent. It's wrong to define them by the lesser elements of their society.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


It is not if the rest of their society thinks it's ok.

'IF" it's true and I mean if, then they ( the murdering muslims) deserve to be beaten to death.

There is simply no justification, in a civilized society, for this action, if and only if it happened as reported.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Now how soon can we get a Predator drone over this tea stall ?



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


It is not if the rest of their society thinks it's ok.

'IF" it's true and I mean if, then they ( the murdering muslims) deserve to be beaten to death.

There is simply no justification, in a civilized society, for this action, if and only if it happened as reported.


I'm not about to get my knickers in a knot, nor justify indiscriminate threats over a series of ifs.

If the report is indeed correct, then lean on your legislators instead of falling back on Keyboard Volleys...it's not like it isn't your tax dollar propping up the government over there.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Was it wrong to kill the man - sure.
Though I admit I'd like to hear the rest of the story.
It all sounds a bit sketchy to me actually.



Not usually on the same side of an issue as Modern Academia, but I'm with you on this one.

Regarding the above post, I'm trying to imagine a "rest of the story" that could somehow make this seem less barbaric than it does now.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


this is just beyond sickening...religious extremism at its worst.

i wonder why you dont hear about any other religion besides islam extremism commiting these types of atrocious crimes?...


edit to add:

I recognize there has been and continues to be propoganda aginst this particular religion. But at the same time, there just seems to be an un underlying violent mentality that comes with these particular beliefs...but it is not prevalent everywhere. There certainly are non-violent regions where this religion is the predominant faith.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
i wonder why you dont hear about any other religion besides islam extremism commiting these types of atrocious crimes?...


Well, there's the Crusades and the Inquisition. Ancient history? How about those Hindus killing Christians. Christian Serbs killing Muslims. There's Fred Phelps...Baptist nonpareil...don't think he's beyond such an act.

C'mon, Dude...pick up a newspaper.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck
 


newspaper isnt necessary...

you just dont normally see these types of incidents for the most part with other religions...especially on a personal small scale involving your average everyday person such as a: "tea shop owners."

feel free to see the edit in my post



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I guess its only ok if your a xtian doing this to a black guy right:?

Oh how soon we forget history .

Whats that saying the right wingers love so much ??? Oh yeah . If you dont like the rules move to another country ..



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You know, this is the road that religious fundamentalism is leading us. Like what you see? If you do, then burn nicely in the hell you are creating for yourself.

Fundamentalism, regardless of the type, leads to a road of destruction and despair.



posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't buy it.

14 people employed in a roadside tea stall? The rest of the people on the bus just sat there and watched them beat this guy to death, and nobody did a thing?

Naw, this is propaganda. I'm sure anyone who is familiar with my posts knows I dislike Islam (and all other religions) in the extreme, but this is nonsense.

And the article just cracked me up.



calling for his employees to bring anything available to beat him for violating a sign posted on the stall warning non-Muslims to declare their religion before being served.


"He violated the sign! That's blasphemy, the sign is sacrosanct! Get 'im, boys!"

[edit on 17-6-2009 by The Last Man on Earth]



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join