It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Christians are the most persecuted minority in the world right now thanks largely to Muslim and communist countries.

Ironically, some would argue that we've just elected a muslim communist to the highest office of the United States. I suspect he will be persecuting christians shortly.

I'm a Christian but not a fundamentalist; just a mainstream denomination.

But I can't help noticing that some of us Christians not only have a persecution complex but a personal interest in presenting themselves as martyrs. IMO it makes them feel more righteous and self-sacrificial and hey, being a persecuted minority is the popular thing to be nowadays. It hopefully gets you the sympathy vote.

I think there probably are killings of Christians in non-Christian countries, and I deplore religious bigotry, but I agree that this story is a little fishy. If there is so much animosity toward Christians in that area why wear a crucifix and advertise yourself that way? So you can be a martyr and suffer for Jesus?

I'm sorry to say it, but Christians are the dominant majority in the U.S. and most of Europe and there's no justification in claiming otherwise.

As far as saying Barack Obama is not a Christian and will persecute the righteous, that just betrays how extremist one is. One's disagreement with the man's policies can be elevated to the level of a religious crusade. One can believe one is suffering for his or her own holiness and how good that makes one feel.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
reply to post by SevenThunders

Your no better, both pick and choose from their holy books to make themselves look better.

Bible

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Those are just a few examples of how it's easy to turn the tables and expose either book as being full of evil deeds.
It's all about power over people through fear.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by keepithush]

At least their are Valid explantions of the Bible, Tribal and ceremonial practices by the tribes, not something we should do today. It's like saying go build an Ark because a flood is comming the times have changed along with mans journey with God. The Old Testament is old as described and the New Testament is new with a new covenant, the Jews are in no longer supposed to be in Bondage, but in Islam they have gone back to that bondage and are no longer free.

These practices were like 4000 years old, even at 3000AD years after they were old from the quotes you said. The Bible is very specific in what it has to say, if something is a prophecy its a prophecy, if it's a parable about vergins it's a parable and if its historic accounts it's historic.

The difference with Islam it is open ended, people do not boarders of rules to contain certain actions described, that is why extreamism happens through commands backed by the behaviour of the prophect who overided previous statements of behaviour. No one these days can use the Bible to back up their need to make war, the old system has changed where Islam has left it open, this is why many individuals in Muslim coutries take the law into their own hands. This is why when it comes to using quotes from the Old Testament about Gays it always backfires and Christians get caught out and the athiests hate them. But I see many loop holes in Islam that overides other passages and no wonder sunni and shiites hate each other.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

14 people employed in a roadside tea stall? The rest of the people on the bus just sat there and watched them beat this guy to death, and nobody did a thing?

That doesn't surprise me, did you hear about the shop owner in America that was shot and people continued to shop?

What century is this?

Good grief, don't you think we would be more civilized by now, civilized, now there's a word for ya.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
That doesn't surprise me, did you hear about the shop owner in America that was shot and people continued to shop?

What century is this?

Good grief, don't you think we would be more civilized by now, civilized, now there's a word for ya.

Civilized? Why would you expect us to be civilized??

We are wild animals who have been tamed. We should not be expected to be civilized. No matter how much you tame a lion, it can bite your head off anytime. That's the lion's nature. It's a wild animal and so are we.

We are animals, we are always fighting for dominance and power. Every living person always is trying to dominate. Otherwise we wouldn't work or marry or grow kids. We are all fighting for domination. We might not be clawing at other people's throat to steal food from them, but we do always try to outdo others so we can be proven better, hence the dominance.

I don't understand where the concept of civilization comes into this. We are wild animals and we will always be. We might be tamed a little bit, but when the time comes, we all show our true wild side.

There is not one city which will not burst into riots and looting if the police was removed from their city.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
If there is so much animosity toward Christians in that area why wear a crucifix and advertise yourself that way? So you can be a martyr and suffer for Jesus?

One can believe one is suffering for his or her own holiness and how good that makes one feel.

I don't believe it has anything to do with that, but instead this:

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:14-16

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by Sestias
If there is so much animosity toward Christians in that area why wear a crucifix and advertise yourself that way? So you can be a martyr and suffer for Jesus?

One can believe one is suffering for his or her own holiness and how good that makes one feel.

I don't believe it has anything to do with that, but instead this:

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:14-16

Very well said Ashley and good quote from the New Testament. Those are my sentiments exactly. Why hide who you are from people out of fear of reprisal. All you can do is try to walk a higher path let the deceit of others ruin their lives not yours. In the end it is you that has to look at yourself in the mirror everyday. The choices one makes can either show the reflection of light or a reflection of darkness and it is entirely what we choose for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

Yea I get your point.

Yet we can be kind
and altruistic,

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How many times have they tried to ban crosses because some Muslim imigrant is offended by it here in Europe, how many times have cases gone to court or have been debated about the cross here in the West.
This is not an isolated incident it is progammed and backed up by Islamic scripures.

LONDON, United Kingdom, November 21, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A Christian employee’ of British Airways has lost her appeal against the airline’s refusal to allow her to visibly wear a small cross while in uniform, BBC News reported yesterday.

Text

A Muslim rights advocate has scored a victory over the Catholic Church and conservative Italians, winning a court ruling that will remove crucifixes from the state primary school his children attend.

"The presence of the symbol of the cross shows the will of the state to put Catholicism at the centre of the universe as the absolute truth," Judge Mario Montanaro ruled in the central town of L'Aquila.

Text

Now a few years later if God has a sign then maybe this is his answer below. Bet not many have made this connection, 10 Muslims died also, are his birth pangs starting?

At least 90 people are believed dead and tens of thousands homeless after an earthquake hit L'Aquila and other towns in central Italy, rescuers say.

About 1,500 people were injured and many people are still missing as rescuers search desperately for survivors trapped beneath rubble

Text

Maybe they should ban the sword sign and maybe the crecent too for its crimes in the past but I doubt anyone has reached that level of political correctness of submission yet in that part of the world.

A Labour minister has sparked controversy by claiming that an alternative symbol is needed for the Red Cross because of the logo's supposed links to the Crusades.
Text

Maybe the red cross is linked to destroying demons does not mean we should feel guilty, why not say the red cross is a sign of change don't fear it anymore?

But it seems that the world is offended by crosses, why don't they read why it came about, I forgot that information is being swept under too.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

*Sigh* I see the religion of peace is spreading the love again.
And people have the nerve to say we are wrong to question muslims intentions and morals.
I would love to say it was a one off and muslims would detest these actions but....

And I see the religion of 'love' spreading body parts all over Iraq and Afghanistan.

Here is a list of these wars past and present;

20th Century
* Boxer Rebellion, 1899 - 1901
* Banana Wars:
o United States occupation of Nicaragua, 1907-1933
o United States occupation of Honduras, 1907-1933
o United States overthrow of Guatemalan Government, 1907-1933
o Intervention during Panamanian Election, 1908
o United States occupation of Cuba, 1912
o United States occupation of Veracruz, 1914
o United States occupation of Haiti, 1915-1934
o United States occupation of the Dominican Republic, 1917-1924
* Mexican Expedition, 1916 - 1917
o Battle of Ambros Nogales, 1918
* World War I, 1917 – 1918 (time span of U.S. involvement)
o European Theatre, 1917 - 1918
o First Battle of the Atlantic, 1917 - 1918
* Russian Revolution, 1918-1920 (time span of U.S. involvement)
o Polar Bear Expedition, 1918 - 1919
o American Expeditionary Force Siberia, Soviet Union, 1918 - 1920
* Yangtze Patrol, 1922-1927
* World War II, 1941 – 1945 (time span of U.S. involvement)
o Second Battle of the Atlantic, 1941 - 1945
o Pacific War, 1941 - 1945
o African Theatre, 1942 - 1943
o European Theatre, 1944 - 1945
* United States Intervention in Greek Election, 1947-1949
* Korean War, 1950 - 1953
* Operation PBFORTUNE, Guatemala, 1952
* Operation Ajax, US overthrow of Iranian Government, 1953
* Operation PBSUCCESS, Guatemala, 1954
* Operation Blue Bat, Lebanon, 1958
* Bay of Pigs Invasion, Cuba, 1961
* Operation Powerpack, Dominican Republic, 1965 - 1966
* United States Intervention at Panama Canal, 1958
* Vietnam War, 1962 - 1973 (time span of United States involvement)
o United States Occupation of Laos, 1962 - 1973
o Cambodian Civil War, 1969 - 1970
* United States Intervention at Panama Canal, 1964
* United States Overthrow of Chilean Government, 1964
* Operation Eagle Claw, Iran hostage crisis, 1980
* First Gulf of Sidra Incident, Libya, 1981
* Contra War, El Salvador, 1981-1990
* Occupation of Beirut, Lebanon, 1982-1984
* Invasion of Grenada, Grenada, 1983-1984
* Operation El Dorado Canyon, Libya, 1986
* Iran–Iraq War, 1987 - 1989
* Operation Just Cause, Panama 1989 - 1990
* Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, Libya, 1989
* Persian Gulf War, Iraq, 1991
o Operation Desert Shield, 1991
o Operation Desert Storm, 1991
* Somali Civil War, 1992 - 1994
o Operation Provide Relief, 1992
o Operation Restore Hope, 1992 - 1994
* Yugoslav wars, 1994 - 1999
o Bosnian Conflict, 1994 - 1995
o Kosovo Conflict, 1997 - 1999

21st Century

* War on Terrorism, 2001 - present
* Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan 2001 - present
* Operation Enduring Freedom - Philippines 2002 - present
* Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa 2002 - present
* Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2003 - present
* Waziristan War, 2004 - present
* War in Somalia, 2006 - present
* Operation Enduring Freedom - Trans Sahara 2007 - present

Wiki

*Sigh*

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The title to this thread should be,
"man was killed for not reading and respecting the signs."

[edit on 21-6-2009 by manbird12000]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by manbird12000]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

*Sigh* I see the religion of peace is spreading the love again.
And people have the nerve to say we are wrong to question muslims intentions and morals.
I would love to say it was a one off and muslims would detest these actions but....

And I see the religion of 'love' spreading body parts all over Iraq and Afghanistan.

All religion is evil, what's your point?
Difference is your using armies that aren't strictly of one faith fighting other armies of numerous religion and many of them battles where nothing to do with religion to the story in the OP?

Is it normal that I usually skip these kind of stories because it is now just accepted as the norm to see Muslims killing people for pathetic reasons.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
regarding suicide bombings....

Im kinda confused as to what the higher ups get out of this ?

Do the people calling the shots really believe the 72 virgin thing (Grapes or Virgins ?) or are they politically motivated for some sort of control over the masses thing ?

I mean is that main stream in the muslim world ?, or is it just a bunch of crazies like the white power morons we have in America ?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by R3KR]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by R3KR]

Spot on, if anyone things that for going and blowing yourself up just because your commander commanded you to do so, will help you gain virgins in heaven is a wacko, especially if they are targeting civilians. All Muslims know that, it is just some bunch of crazies who have lost it, hence the white power(US), Al-Qaeda(MiddleEast).

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Your Bible ignorance is very deep. That's OK however since most of the western world, especially the US has rejected the Bible and are under judgment.

Your verses fall into two basic categories, old testament law whose violation resulted in capital punishment and acts of God against nations that have reached the full measure of sin. If you even bothered to check the context of the Ezekiel passage you would have seen that it refers to a prophecy against Israel that was fulfilled by the Babylonian invasion.

These days we are encouraged by our corrupt media to break all of God's commandments, that would have resulted in a death sentence if you were a Jew living under the strict old testament covenant. The purpose of this law was to show that we are all sinners worthy of a death sentence. Fortunately Jesus has paid the death penalty for us and we can be set free from all those sins and the judgment that follows them.

There is no commandment in the New Testament that exhorts it's followers to kill unbelievers or even sinners within the church. Rather vengeance belongs to the Lord. He has the right to punish nations, but has not granted that humans should judge one another that way. You may not like the fact that capital punishment, even the destruction of one's soul, is a fact of life, under God's control, but that's the way it is.

Islam, on the other hand, clearly calls the believer to jihad, a holy and violent war against unbeliever. In the Koran we discover that lying killing, rape, murder and pillaging are all sanctioned in the advancement of Islam. You can try to rationalize it away as some try to do, but it's in there and is believed and acted out by as much as 10% of the Islamic world, or about 100 million people or so.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Unfortunately, that seems to be the status quo of the Abrahamic religions. All three pronounce the "pagans" as being barbaric, yet, their own histories are colorfully painted with the blood of the innocent.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The trouble with a lot of Islamic countries is that they do tend to be all or nothing, not much room or tolerance for diversity. To be fair however it is not very long ago that Europe was the same. Until recently Judaism was the only religion that was tolerated in my country (Britain) apart from Christianity, and even then Jews were not allowed to practice their faith publicly and were regularly massacred on the whim of the local population (for example at Clifford's Tower in 1190).

A much, much worse problem for Islam is Muslim on Muslim violence, and I think it will be the greatest achievement in all human history when the intelligent and educated Muslims of the world can collectively recognise this and find ways to deal with it - I don't know how that can be done, whether it's healing the Shia-Sunni divide or improving education or both. But sadly that day will never come while so many are consumed with resentment towards the West

For what it's worth I don't think Islam is a violent religion, and the Muslims that I know are very nice people. However I do think that mankind is inherently unstable and prone to violence and hatred, and it is only through teaching our children to love and respect each other that we can overcome this as a species.

I don't mean this to cause offence to you by the way, and I really hope I haven't, but that's how I see things at the moment.

(I edited this post as it was originally in response to another post but I changed my mind to avoid confrontation!)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by mattpryor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join