It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
I don't buy it.

14 people employed in a roadside tea stall? The rest of the people on the bus just sat there and watched them beat this guy to death, and nobody did a thing?

Naw, this is propaganda. I'm sure anyone who is familiar with my posts knows I dislike Islam (and all other religions) in the extreme, but this is nonsense.

Really? Have you seen the video where the guy gets hit by a car, right here in the U.S, and a multitude of people just stand there and do nothing? Naw, it's not propaganda. That is what people do. They are either too desensitized to violence or just scared to get involved.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's just the way they have been programmed, they let Muslim criminals in the UK to read their koran in prisons, make other prisoners radical aswell, because they probably have a low IQ and then when they get out they want to kill the infedel. If letting prisoners in their cells watch slasher movies for fun on their TV is a wrong idea then so are Muslims who are radical reading about how their prophet kills the Jews and Christians and taking blacks for slaves a wrong message they should be reading.

All over the Middle East you will find at least 50% of the populations, maybe more older generations wanting death to America and the rest of the infedel world and yet people are suprised how minorities get treated in these countries. It's already been programmed for them to behave this way but people are too afraid to link it up to their belief system because that would be wrong and intollerant in our part of the world to say so. How many people do they kidnap because they are white? How many Africans are under Arab control still yet no one cares to speak about or be informed?

We all know our sins in the West even the ones we don't know we dig up but at least we confess them and have the papers to contend with, many times no confessions of the Arab elite agenda and wars come within the sign of saying sorry. Turkey won't even admit their crimes against the Armenians and Iran keeps saying the Holocast of the Jews was minimal, they never admit to their crimes nor does slavery of Black Africans and their castration methods been denouced like the West has done in the name of tollerance equality of trying to stop modern world use of it.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia and Yemen didn't get around to abolishing slavery until 1962; three years later, a special report by the U.N. reported that the Saudi royal family continued to keep hundreds in bondage.
www.thefreelibrary.com...:+In+the+Muslim+world,+that+is+--+and+it's+not+over-a085410331

Take it or leave it, at least our generation are sorry for out forefathers past sins, I yet to hear what the Middle East has to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am muslim and I find this story quite distrubing.

Something sounds fishy about this story. As someone mentioned, 14 people at a tea stall doesn't sound right. I have lived both in India and Pakistan, have visited Saudi Arabia. grew up in the middle east, so I have a pretty good idea of the cultures and the people. I have also met my fair share of 'extremists'.

It's not uncommon to find lot of people at these tea stalls or 'dhabas' as they are called in their language. These dhabas are usually alongside roads and interstate highways for people driving long distances and truck drivers, etc. People stop at these locations to relax from the drives and grab a quick snack, tea, coffee, etc.

Most of the people are just travelers who will not stick their nose in anyone else's business. Especially when violence is involved. So I find it unusual that 14 people just jumped a man for wearing a cross to kill him.

Contrary to popular belief, I have seen that people are not so eager to kill anyone due to religious differences. I'll agree that extremist muslims usually look at other religions as if they are below them. But I have yet to witness first hand a hate crime of this degree from any muslim extremist.

That being said, I will not deny that there are few who actually are physically and mentally capable of carrying out such acts. But those are extremely in the minority. Islamic countries do have some strict laws, but they are not quick to stone people or hang them as some believe. that happens only in extreme cases and sometimes happens for stupid reasons which then gets media attention. Hence the stereotyping; you only hear about those handful of cases where someone gets killed due to some religious nut.

Back to this particular incident. I do not understand why the man would go up to the tea stall when there is a sign clearly telling him not to. If I saw a sign here in the states which read "Muslims will not be served", I wouldn't walk in the establishment. Instead, I would complain to my local congressman and see if I can sue the guy or get him to take the sign down.

Secondly, I do not understand why someone would put up a sign like that. That guy was purposely inviting some 'infidel' to make the mistake of walking in there just so he can get the excuse to kill the guy. Maybe he's just pissed off with Christians.

I don't get why people always start Muslim bashing when any incident with any Muslim is involved. Bash the guy involved and bash his actions, Don't bash the religion, other people of the same religion, other people of the same country, race, etc.

It's the same as saying that Bush was an idiot, so all Americans are idiots.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
I am muslim and I find this story quite distrubing.

Back to this particular incident. I do not understand why the man would go up to the tea stall when there is a sign clearly telling him not to. If I saw a sign here in the states which read "Muslims will not be served", I wouldn't walk in the establishment. Instead, I would complain to my local congressman and see if I can sue the guy or get him to take the sign down.

Either you don't live in the Middle East or my facts are way off -- BUT since when has a Christian gone to a Congressman/Cleric and complained about how a Muslim was treating him, sued him, and won?? In the Middle East?

Secondly, I do not understand why someone would put up a sign like that. That guy was purposely inviting some 'infidel' to make the mistake of walking in there just so he can get the excuse to kill the guy. Maybe he's just pissed off with Christians.

Probably true. But I don't think blaming the victim was the way to go with this one.

It's the same as saying that Bush was an idiot, so all Americans are idiots.

Have you not heard about the U.S.? Most other countries DO consider us idiots as well as a lot of other four-letter words.

For further proof, see the thread: Top Ten Reasons Why People HATE Americans
Link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not saying it's right -- I'm saying it exists. There's a difference.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am a Muslim too and find the entire story suspect and bizarre. Most likely and only if there is some truth to the story, the tea seller was some kind of crook and it was a robbery gone bad.

Two things stick out at me about this story, most tea sellers are illiterate and to suggest that an illiterate religious bigot would even think about posting a sign declaring his bigotry is fairly convoluted. Secondly, in an attempt to add credence to this tall tale, the writer states that their ICC correspondent also saw the sign on the same stall yet didn't bother to write the article himself!

More interestingly one question remains, in an area that is 99.9%, why would a stall holder bother even posting an anti-Christian sign in the first place? The Pakistani side of the Punjab was settled by Indian Muslims during Partition. This area is no where near the border with Afghanistan and is free of roaming Taliban.

[edit on 083030p://pm3016 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Either you don't live in the Middle East or my facts are way off -- BUT since when has a Christian gone to a Congressman/Cleric and complained about how a Muslim was treating him, sued him, and won?? In the Middle East?

Clearly you haven't been to the Middle East either, otherwise you wouldn't have confused Pakistan as being in the Middle East.

Further still, laws are different in other countries and people abroad don't sue at the drop of a hat. If someone does something wrong, the courts prosecutes and restitution is paid.

It appears that you have no facts and are merely motivated by a personal issue that permits you to invent your own reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

As someone stated, Pakistan and India are not in the middle east. And when I gave my example of suing I was talking about the US. Over there, the guy can still go and file a complaint with the local police or the local mayor.

Probably true. But I don't think blaming the victim was the way to go with this one.

Stop assuming things and putting words in my mouth. I never blamed the victim. I merely said he should have been smart enough to not step in there in the first place to avoid unnecessary confrontation. That statement does not imply that it's his fault he walked in there, it just says the incident could have been avoided.

On the other hand, maybe the guy was looking for trouble, maybe he simply didn't see the sign. We do not know the whole story, so I will reserve my judgement on the victim.

Have you not heard about the U.S.? Most other countries DO consider us idiots as well as a lot of other four-letter words.

I do not see the relevance of your statement to this thread. I used an example to state the stupidity of generalization. How does it matter if you curse US or the muslims, anyone who generalizes an entire population like that by the actions of a few is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Wow. This topic sounds a little overkill on the overkill.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
These stories are just the tip of the iceberg, don't forget the Majority Buddhist areas in the Phillipeans (Correction-Thailand) are being challenged to change to Sharia Law and in not doing so the Minority Muslim populations kill teachers and peaceful Buddhists in the process. It is a widespread mentality that is taught in the conquest jihad mentality from the book they read, you are not born to be this way but programmed and many are programmed to kill these infedels off otherwise without doing so, the modern world would not fall under Islamic rule unless it was forced through fear and persecution.

It's always war when trying to change the country into something else but it seems Islam has no space for any other minorities once they grow in population sizes and already laws of Western countries are being challenged to benefit the minority Muslims who take pride in the conquest of infedel religions and practices, they even get compensation while trying to do it them selves. Many are starting to wake up from that delusion and refusing nit picking arguements over whether pork offends a work collegue who then takes the matter to court. Yet minorities in their countries would not dare to even challenge the Islamic system because they know they might be killed, if not by the governement but from the society they live in.

Many young Muslims today are more free to think, like here on ATS we have Muslims that sound very modern and already you can tell the generation gap of understanding of tollerance of other cultures and the world but it has huge spilt between traditional Islamic thinkers and the new generation. Iran is that example of the recent protests, they all look like university students who have been educated and have their eyes open. even Iraq, it seems like people were living under the dark shadow of dicatorship of fear. I hope many new Middle Easterns see the light and not feel in fear of society taking the law into their own hands because they are different.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

These stories are just the tip of the iceberg, don't forget the Majority Buddhist areas in the Phillipeans are being challenged to change to Sharia Law and in not doing so the Minority Muslim populations kill teachers and peaceful Buddhists in the process.

Patently untrue. The Philippines is a Catholic country and is made up of thousands of islands. Of several hundred islands, the majority are Muslim and some of whom wish to have independence.

The following statistics are from the CIA Factbook and the 2000 census: [22]
* Christian: 92.5%

o Roman Catholic: 80.9%
o Evangelical: 2.8%
o Iglesia ni Cristo: 2.3%
o Aglipayan: 2%
o Other Christian: 4.5%

* Muslim: 5%

* Unspecified: 0.6%

* None: 0.1%

Christian parts of the Indonesian islands were granted independence by the Muslim majority following a period of terrorism. Muslim Filipinos are subjected to military aggression by the Philippine government.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Okay maybe I was thinking more of Thailand than the Phillipeans not sure why I got that wrong but thanks for the correction.

But from that 10% which are Muslim we find many stories of rand killings of Buddhists by Muslims, no doubt if the population figures grow closer to 50% you won't see a happy country any more, one system will have to over throw the other, in domocracy they can all live together but under Sharia, the compromise lacks double standards. I know it sounds negative but you have see the patterns that happen in society and nations alike. For example with Pakistan Swat Valley where its one world view or nothing situation. It has happenned too many times in the history books and people are starting to find out in this digital age, even if our schools never admit to talk abut it.

I have known Muslims that drink Alchole I had known families that are Christian rather than Muslim and I know some that don't like their country and prefer our freedoms, Islam is not a race or a country, we are all people from different societies.

Theravada Buddhism is the official religion of Thailand and is officially the religion of about 97% of its people. However, the true figure lies closer to 85%, Muslims are some 10% and 5% other religions including Christianity, Hinduism, especially among immigrants. In addition to Malay and Yawi speaking Thais and other southerners who are Muslim, the Cham of Cambodia in recent years begun a large scale influx into Thailand. The government permits religious diversity, and other major religions are represented, though there is much social tension, especially in the South. Spirit worship and animism are widely practiced.
Text

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm sure if Muslim drones came to your country and terrorize you and kill your innocent people then you would have the same hate that this man had. He was probably waiting for an opotunity and when it came he took it. All the anger inside every Muslim is very clear.

By the way this has more to do with hate and love than Muslim and Christian. Why do I say it has more to do with hate and love rather than Muslim and Christian, well because if you blame Muslims then all the idiots who analize the situation would conclude that the solution would be to rid earth of all Muslims(unless they change). If you blame hate and love then all the idiots would conclude that this man hated these types of people for a reason.

Hate consumes people, hate makes people change, I've seen it first hand. Come here to where I live, (South Auckland, New Zealand). Bloods and Crips in every corner, ask them why they hate each other, they will tell you about an incident or an encounter with the opposite group. Walk in a dominant CRIP street wearing a RED shirt can get you hammered. Park your blue car in a dominantly BLOOD street, your car will vanish.

It is very clear that when hate consumes an individual, that individual generalizes incidents towards the hated people therefore would be willing to harm the whole group hence NAZI GERMANY.

By the way, I'm not rationalizing this individual's actions but only bringing to light the real problem, which exists in all society in different forms where experts are ignoring it. The biggest problem on earth and you are ignorig it and blaming it on an idea, 'wow'. LOVE AND HATE is not an IDEA but ISLAM is, also the gud ol DEMOCRACY.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Sadly, this is not surprising at all.

Remember, this is Islam, the religion of love.

On a serious note, this is completely disgusting.

"IMO" those who killing him for ordering tea and being christian, are nothing more than "ANIMALS"

Actually it's not suprising at all because racist/prejudice people full of hatred have killed like this all over the world, this is not the first example.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Other religeons are considered wrong, dirty, and damaging to the Muslim way of life.

edited for clarity

I guess a question would be, how is that any different than many other religions, including Christianity?

As Christians feel if you are not Christian, then you are wrong, dirty, going to hell and damaging to the Christian faith. An example of that is homosexuals wanting the same rights as anyone else does in regards to marriages/civil unions and the Christians saying that to allow same sex marriages would "damage" Christianity. It is hypocritical if you ask me, to hoot and holler about how other religions are, when yours (not lpowell0627 in particular, I don't know what your beliefs are) is really no different.

Next, I could not find any reports about this from a reputable source. So I am not sure what I think of this, perhaps it is anti Muslim propaganda? I don't know.

I don't think we should be forcing other countries to "be like us", but I do think that when human rights are violated, we have a responsibility to take a stand against such violations.

It is a fine line to walk though I agree.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
*Sigh* I see the religion of peace is spreading the love again.
And people have the nerve to say we are wrong to question muslims intentions and morals.
I would love to say it was a one off and muslims would detest these actions but....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is not a radical islamic teaching. This is normal for a follower of Muhammed. The Koran explicitly calls for smiting the infidel on the neck. You can compare that with Jesus's teaching to love your enemies and to do good to those who abuse you.

OK pop quiz, which teaching is more likely to be of God?

To those who don't want to believe this because it doesn't fit your rainbow view of the peaceful global village, I feel sorry for you. This is commonplace in the Muslim world. Christians are the most persecuted minority in the world right now thanks largely to Muslim and communist countries.

Ironically, some would argue that we've just elected a muslim communist to the highest office of the United States. I suspect he will be persecuting christians shortly.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Your no better, both pick and choose from their holy books to make themselves look better.

Quran

God loves:
those who do good deeds (2:195)
those who ask Him for forgiveness (2:222)
those who purify themselves (2:222)
those who are God-fearing (3:76)
those who are steadfast (3:146)
those who trust Him (3:159)
those who act justly (5:42)
those who strive for His cause (61:4)
those who follow His Prophet (3:31)

God does not love:
the aggressors (2:190)
the disbelievers (3:32)
those who inflict injustice (3:57)
evil (5:64) and evil doers (2:205)
those who are arrogant (4:36)
those who spend lavishly (6:141)

Bible

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Those are just a few examples of how it's easy to turn the tables and expose either book as being full of evil deeds.
It's all about power over people through fear.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
regarding suicide bombings....

Im kinda confused as to what the higher ups get out of this ?

Do the people calling the shots really believe the 72 virgin thing (Grapes or Virgins ?) or are they politically motivated for some sort of control over the masses thing ?

I mean is that main stream in the muslim world ?, or is it just a bunch of crazies like the white power morons we have in America ?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by R3KR]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by R3KR]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

These 72 virgins thing is blown out of proportion. I grew up in a very religious Muslim family. I have extensive knowledge of Islam but I never heard about this 72 virgins thing until the 'war on terror'. I'm not saying it's not there. It's probably a line somewhere in the Quran. Just another way to control the people and offer them 'rewards' to persuade them to succumb to the Gods/Elites.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A patently absurd story is invented by a Christian rag, copied by another disreputable paper and then used in a forum as an excuse for people to vent their hatred of Muslims.

What's new?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join